PDA

View Full Version : Mixing a 3d character with 2d particles?

DAZZAN
09-17-2005, 06:52 PM
I have a 3d character with 2 horn holes on the side of her head in which i would like to place a 2dparticle effect of flame and fire.

Can you track say 3d spheres placed where i want the Particlehorns on either side of her head ,then bring it into combustion and track an 2demitter on the spheres.

I keep thinking that this would cause problems with the loss of z axis,so when the character twists or moves(her head or body) in z, the effect would not scale or twist correctly.

I understand how you would mask the effect so it looks hidden inside the head.

but not about the particle effect tracking,is it 3d tracking,not 2d i need?

can this be done?

DAZZAN
09-17-2005, 06:55 PM
to visualize the effect imagine my user icon with the flame effect rather than the horns!

if i need to pst an image of my 3d character,i will.

thought it might help!

mediaramas
09-19-2005, 05:13 PM
I guess you can use Gbuffer with a render of some helper at the emiiter position only to use as tracking guides, and place lights so the closer to the camera, the whiter they get and the further they go, the darkest they get and then back in combustion link the zoom property of the particles to the gbuffer grayscale

hope that helps!
matias

DAZZAN
09-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Ok ill try, i also believe there is another way, that is use the particle illusion 3 export vertex fron maya to pi,then into combustion,ill give that as well.

Thanks for the reply

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2005, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.