PDA

View Full Version : Game engine with best Maya character pipeline?

Pajamas
09-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Does anyone have any insight on which major game engine (Unreal, Valve, Quake, Renderware, Etc.) has the most flexible Maya character rigging pipeline?

I'm starting a game development project. And this is one of the most critical questions. I need to be able to make custom rigs with deep libraries of motion-blended animations. So the engine I choose needs to have a robust export/support feature set for Maya.

I'm also going to need to be able to control the IK handles with scripts in the game engine.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

niralrajani
09-20-2005, 05:43 PM
hi
i amnew to gaming ...but accordking my my knowleged unreal is good option for better pipleline with maya..new maya 7 has extended API app for ik handles and has some fancy and helpful option so can give time to check around it...
niral

Pajamas
09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Thank you, niral, for that info. That's a good trail to start on. I was wondering if I was posting in the wrong forum.

I'm doing research on it now.

I guess I'm trying to assess major character animation/rigging features without going super deep into each engine's super deep documentation trail.

splintah
10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
we use the unreal engine and i do the animations in maya

and we have weired results with some characters

please check
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2766860#post2766860

and give me some hint on how to solve that issue

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.