PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Cover

Fuze
11-08-2002, 02:32 AM
i have to make a magazine for a school project, i'm making the pages of the magazines in photoshop, and so far i have made the cover.....the theme of the magazine is Fitness because its a gym class....just wondering if u had any design ideas to help me out for the inside pages....

here's the cover:
http://fsn92.netfirms.com/cover_86.jpg

Ian Jones
11-08-2002, 06:07 AM
I don't have any suggestions for the inside. I don't think there is any specific type of style that applies to this genre, but you would want to convey an energetic and contemporary feel. So dynamic photography and attention grabbing titles would be appropriate.

With the fitnessPRO logo I think you should make the text the same height as each other. If you have a common invisible grid line that links the two, then it is both easier to read and unifies the two words together. Just a suggestion anyway. Maybe try and jazz up the cover a little too. Do an effect witht the text, give it some dimension, like aqua text or any of those common tutorials you see on the net.

And.... I was wondering, why the heck are you doing graphic design in a gym class?!! I wish my school had been like that. :)

Michael Chen
11-08-2002, 07:55 AM
Good idea so far :) (I like your sentences)

I have an idea aswell. (just my opinion)

The person in the front cover should be wearing some kind of gym wear (or sport clothing).

Fitness can be represented by motion. Using "motion blur" in photoshop can create cool effects.

Hope that helped

Fuze
11-09-2002, 01:23 PM
thanks for the ideas & comments so far...will be working on some pages soon, and will post them :)

Fuze
11-09-2002, 09:31 PM
here's the first article:

http://fsn92.netfirms.com/fitness12.jpg

firebreath
11-10-2002, 12:57 AM
good work but i don;t think it would be necessary to put the issue and date anymore on the inside because you already have them on the cover

smfjersey
11-10-2002, 01:13 AM
What exactly are you being graded on? These are just some ideas

Fuze
11-10-2002, 01:16 AM
i am not being graded on how good the graphics are, its mostly the content, its gym class, not computer class, so i dont have to worry about everything like detail you mentioned, but they are good ideas ;) :)

smfjersey
11-10-2002, 03:04 AM
very good then

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.