PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of creases

seema
09-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi all

my creature has wrinkles in his elbow area n few others when he is in his default pose...but when I bend the elbow I wanna get rid of those wrinkles...does anyone know how to do that?? can I adjust that using weights or do I need to do something else bout it...?

thanks in advance!!

john_homer
09-15-2005, 08:16 PM
use a blendshape

.j

Digit
09-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Theres a couple of great plugins you can use to sort these things out: Corrective blendshape is a good one and very simple to use: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=205430&page=5&highlight=corrective+blendshape

Theres also Michael Comets PoseDeformer which looks amazing but I havent used it in practise yet. Check out his website...

Hope that helps you!

seema
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
thanks for ur advice. guys..yeah think i will use corrective blenshpes ...but its gonna be a painful process to make the corrective shpes to get rid of the creases....:scream:

Zergxes2
09-21-2005, 03:14 AM
An influence object might help as well, depending on how detailed the wrinkles are.

niralrajani
09-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi seema
I think Blend shape will be good option two other ways is give clustur and SDK woith rotation of bone and or influ object ...blend shape is best and cluster is easy option. if need any more help...email me niralrajani@gmail.com....

revilo3D
09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
thanks for ur advice. guys..yeah think i will use corrective blenshpes ...but its gonna be a painful process to make the corrective shpes to get rid of the creases....:scream:

trust me its not so bad.. if you use correctiveShape plugin for maya.. just bend you arm - run the plugin - whip out the poly scuplt tool.. and smoooooth those wrinkles away on the blendshape :) Done - i think youll be done in about 5mins tops

I used it on my character and did like 20 of them absolutly perfect in about half a day.

seema
09-25-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah...i tried it too...its pretty cool....n hey guess wat?? i didnt use any plugin tho i have it! there is way to make corrective blendshapes using maya...i learnt that technique from hyper realistic modelling DVD its soooooooooooooo cool.....coz the logic is so simple....after i saw that i was like "shit....y didnt i think of that " yeah that always happens!!but ofcourse it takes a little more time....so i think i will land up using the plugin but atleast i learnt a new method....so m happy....

If anyone knows that method already, i have a ques...How is it diffrnt from the plugin??
Coz as far as i kno...the plugin using vector math to subtract the skincluster information to obtain the corrective bldshape..n this method does the same but in a MUCH simpler way...so m i missing something here??

Thanks guys:-)

revilo3D
09-25-2005, 09:20 PM
ooo.. ok. I havent seen that vid and now just racking my brain on how one could do it. does it involve using a blendshape on the blendshape?

please share....

sabungero
09-26-2005, 02:10 AM
for me blendshapes are a last resort..before resorting to blendshaping smoothen out the weights tll ur mad..if this doesnt work then resort to blandshapes :-) i am not relying much on the blenshape stuff anymore much since i started to model my characters with rigging in my mind...proper polygon flows and character poses will rid urself of lots of thise rigging problems associated with the elbpws armpits groin etc...and also to some point the most overlooked character parts...fingers

revilo3D
09-26-2005, 03:24 AM
for me blendshapes are a last resort..before resorting to blendshaping smoothen out the weights tll ur mad..if this doesnt work then resort to blandshapes :-) i am not relying much on the blenshape stuff anymore much since i started to model my characters with rigging in my mind...proper polygon flows and character poses will rid urself of lots of thise rigging problems associated with the elbpws armpits groin etc...and also to some point the most overlooked character parts...fingers

These are intentional wrinkles.. but off course will disspear on the arm moving in certain ways. All the proper modelling, edgeloop design, and weighting arnt gonna significantly change your model as you pose him.

This is the whole purpose for things like influence objects and blendshapes. i personally would just make a blendshape and have these wrinkles smooth out as the arm bends - with in mere few mins.

Why would you sit there and weight wrinkle vertices trying to get them to do something of such an effect - with something at i think is the wrong tool or method for the job?!

sabungero
09-26-2005, 03:33 AM
yeah,i know but if you want to have something that will calculate fast then it leave the blendshape on passenger seat. its a neat tool and i love and advocate it but ofcourse,like everything else,it does has its pros and cons...also...as what i said above, i can make the creases simply by painting,id do it there...its fast and can also simulate skin sliding and creases,if not,then blendshapes and influence objects are the way to go...this is of course dependent on the geometry and of course, one's PATIENCE...no excuse for a badly skin wiehted character :-)

im going to have a sandwich...

niralrajani
09-26-2005, 10:32 AM
hi seema

could u plz tell which is tech they have shown in hyper real DVD i dont have it. but wouldliek to know abt that tech...plz

Niral

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2005, 10:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.