PDA

View Full Version : How to use AutoRig?

jonwalker
09-15-2005, 01:43 AM
Hi All,

I have a model I'd like to rig and I'm lazy so I'd like Messiah to do it for me. I've heard of AutoRig, and indeed a search in the help file reveals:
AutoRig - Bigger and better... now with quadruped support!

But nothing else is mentioned. I've also tried the PMG website and it has no mention of it's use. Also no support email to ask anyone.

And I am assuming AutoRig helps you to automatically rig a character, but right now I can only be sure that it's bigger and better. lol

How do I use AutoRig?

Regards,

Jon

Wegg
09-15-2005, 06:06 AM
Autroig turned out to be really buggy. . . so pmG decided to pull it back into the kichen to make it more fit for human consumption. They have told us that it is being worked on and will be fixed shortly. Thats all we know.

stooch
09-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Heh, i suggest you learn riggin in messiah, its really not that hard.

jonwalker
09-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Ok thanks Wegg, will have to go about it manually.

Hey Stooch. Easy yes but also mind numbingly boring. I'd much rather get the computer to do a repetative task, that is what they are good at. Then tidy it up a little, which is what humans are good at.

Thanks, Jon

SpikeWorx
09-16-2005, 04:43 AM
Ok thanks Wegg, will have to go about it manually.

Hey Stooch. Easy yes but also mind numbingly boring. I'd much rather get the computer to do a repetative task, that is what they are good at. Then tidy it up a little, which is what humans are good at.

Thanks, Jon
Well, you donīt need to rig from scratch every time, since there are options for reusing and adapting existing rigs, or parts of it, to new characters.

jonwalker
09-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Hi SpikeWorx,

So I could grab the basic skeleton from one of the example files provided by Messiah and sort of paste it into the new model? :applause:

Regards, Jon

SpikeWorx
09-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Yes. You can save your setup with the 'Setup Saving' function (an example is the leg rig that comes with Messiah. Press F5 in Setup Tab and double click to apply it to your scene) , or load the scene with your rig, replace your models and adapt your rig.

jonwalker
09-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Thanks SpikeWorx! I shall give it a go! :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2005, 07:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.