PDA

View Full Version : automatic animation of channels without connections ?

yznah
09-14-2005, 11:23 PM
well i've got a little riddle that i am not able to solve for a moment. in fact i wanted to know if there was any mean in maya to animate/modify the value of a channel automatically without having any connection in it. the big point would be to animate it too (a bit like iks with the rotate without connections). maybe there is a hidden node or something that allow that aside iks. in fact it would be like something manually animated by me and by something else in maya. so any ideas?^_^

Morganism
09-15-2005, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but what about a script that runs through and sets keys on frames, kind of like a simulation does.

Can you say what specifically you're trying to do?

yznah
09-15-2005, 09:13 AM
oh yeah it's really different from that
precisely i'm looking to build a smart space switcher

for instance something that will modify the xform of an object in order to lock it in the world while space switching (dual parent constraint) and obviously the dynamicly modified attributes would be still animable

Morganism
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Interesting.

Well, you can animate on top of a constraint...even though the channels are connected, try setting keys on them.

I assume you don't want just want to group the control and have the constraints happen to the group, leaving the control's channels free.

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.