PDA

View Full Version : Aksis x2 (Car model)

EighthDecay
02-24-2002, 04:16 AM
Some messing around,,, (WIP)
Made in Rhino and rendered in MAX4

http://www.eighthdecaydump.f2s.com/images/cars/Aksis-2002-Black-layout.jpg

EighthDecay
02-24-2002, 04:26 AM
A close-up of the rear engine,,

http://www.eighthdecaydump.f2s.com/images/cars/Aksis-x2-Top.jpg

Gilgamesh
02-24-2002, 06:50 AM
I really like the shaders. It almost looks like it was rendered to vectors, like flash or something. Oh, yeah, neat car, too.

goodlag
02-24-2002, 09:01 AM
really lovely work

like the shaders too

:D

EighthDecay
02-24-2002, 09:09 AM
Thanks guys,, still have a few more things too do,,, but its almost done.

GoClick
02-24-2002, 09:58 AM
I donít like it. It looks like a fine model but the materials and the rendering is poor and the environment is bland, perhaps you should add sponsor decals and make the wheels more complex. Iíve got a Cadillac LMP model on my desk right now and although not the same kind of car exactly they're similar and yours is too stubby even for a LMGTP as well the front end wouldn't have a cut out like that in the front it would just butcher the flow of air over the car. I know this all sounds brutal but the model really has a lot of potential. Or maybe Iím just an ass?

keep at it though!

GoClick
02-24-2002, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry that came off as a lot more assnine than it was supposed to hehe.

:)

The hole in the front could be there I just feel it is too big.

EighthDecay
02-25-2002, 01:13 AM
goclick nice input,,, but it was a quick render for a client,, the objective was too build a kinda cyberpunk car,,, but with that Batman like style,,, it just happened too turn out like this for the moment,, I'll need too do some neon blue stuff on it,,, cyber like theme,,, no stickers/decals and such,,,

GoClick
02-25-2002, 01:24 AM
oh ok, sounds good :)

maybe a Linux decal? hehehe :)

EighthDecay
02-25-2002, 01:34 AM
heya

Linux?

What would be a good texture setup for car paint using raytracing materials? just wondering what you inputs would be,,

I usually use a Falloff in the reflections with the fresnel setting too about 3.0 IOR,,,

Well I think its about the scene setup too,, gotta figure out the lighting better,,,

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.