PDA

View Full Version : Renderman:- couple of questions

darktding
09-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Ok here are a couple of questions I am having a hard time figuring out.

1) RIB dsos:- I am running on windows and they have cygwin installed in them. Unfortunately the makefile needed to compile a dso on a linux box isnt the same. So does anyone know what these commands are?

2) In my shader I am telling renderman to save out an icf file. Is there anyway I can tell renderman NOT to render the frame and only the icf file? I know I can disable the display command in the RIB, but I bet one can do it in MTOR that I havent figured out....

Thanks in advance

fxjeane
09-16-2005, 04:29 PM
1) RIB dsos:- I am running on windows and they have cygwin installed in them. Unfortunately the makefile needed to compile a dso on a linux box isnt the same. So does anyone know what these commands are?

I believe you need to use Microsoft's Visual C++ to compile DSOs for PRMan in windows. Even if you get the Makefile to work the DSO might still be no good for you.

2) In my shader I am telling renderman to save out an icf file. Is there anyway I can tell renderman NOT to render the frame and only the icf file? I know I can disable the display command in the RIB, but I bet one can do it in MTOR that I havent figured out....

You have to render the frame for those sample points to be evaluated, thats the way it is. You could try to write a simple script that renders a frame and then deletes the output image.

Cheers and good luck

Rudy

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2005, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.