PDA

View Full Version : Revolver WIP

Akkalis
02-24-2002, 04:10 AM
Just wanted some feedback on this revolver I am modeling. Its for a character I plan on using for a short, and its not meant to be ultra-realistic. I am aiming for the realism that most objects have in typical Animations or Anime...
Thanks.

Gilgamesh
02-24-2002, 06:54 AM
Looks really good. Maybe it could use some embossed design on all that empty space. But maybe that will come with texturing. The only other thing, I'm not sure, but is the hole at the end of the barrel off center or something? I guess it just looks strange...

Akkalis
02-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Hrm, the barrel isn't off center, although there is more of an arch to the upper piece of the barrel. I just noticed that and I might lower the peak on top to match the bottom but I think its largely is just a product of the lazy lights I put in just to show some shadow. And yes, I did plan to do some engravings with the textures. I figure because its just an accessory for character, and hopefully the animation I intend to do won't be overly poly intensive, its more reasource wise to use bumpmaps then model or displace the engravings.

Akkalis
02-24-2002, 09:59 AM
I started to add some textures, still no engravings and these likely need to be tweaked (they are fairly simple) although I don't mean to make them overly extensive.

I want to add some reflection to the gold, but I don't want to add reflect or raytrace maps as its for an animation which will probably run five minutes. And I don't see a reason to add rendertime for such a small portion of it. Suggestions?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.