PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Murphy Performance

T.L.Caroopy
09-14-2005, 10:14 AM
This is a short lipsincing exercise I did to practice my animation. Just thought I'd share it with everyone. Let me know what you think.

Quicktime (http://www.archive.org/download/Eddie_Murphy_Lipsinc/eddieLipsinc.mov)

Thanks to all crits whilst I was animating this, so enjoy the fruits of my labour!

Norl
09-14-2005, 10:36 AM
So far it is not bad. From what I see, there are not much flaws to crit on but that's me, maybe others would find some for you to improve on. Anyway, keep it up. By the way, your rendering on the character has a subtle glow-like texturing especially from the eyes, which I was wondering on how you achieve that. Was it Maya, which I use, or some other 3D software that you animate and render with?

ivanisavich
09-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey man...ok...here are some pointers:

1) His mouth is always in this tense, open, teeth-gritting position. It looks kind of awkward...and he never seems to hold his mouth for any length of time in a closed position (even though that would probably be more comfortable).....just looks off

2) His hand gestures don't really match up with his emotions....it just seems like you're moving his hands around for the sake of movig them around....rather than trying to figure out where they'd actually go and how they'd move on each intonation in his voice

Hope that helps :)

FitArtistSF
09-14-2005, 04:38 PM
I think the animation and lighting are good, the modeling well done. I am, however, offended by your choice of subject matter you chose to use to practice your animation skills. Couldn't you find a different soundbite? Before you go and get upset, I am a fan of EM's old standup routines, and I am a homosexual. But sometimes it just gets a bit much when people "kid", or chastise, or rant about my community's orientation or actions in the bedroom. Okay, enough, I am not standing on a soapbox, or spoiling for a debate. Your animation is quite good. I would address the lip actions, too, as previously critiqued, it does seem a little odd.

teflonron
09-14-2005, 06:45 PM
T.L.Caroopy was that sound clip from a class assignment cause that's the second time i've seen someone animate to that clip? Just curious?

T.L.Caroopy
09-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks for your crits. Apologies if I have offended anyone, I have nothing against homosexuals. Many of them are good friends of mine. In answer to questions,

The subtle glow is a velvet shader I adjusted. I added more blue in the incandesence. The skin shader I downloaded from Highend3D I think. I think it was a plugin. The whole thing was rendered in Software Renderer.

I have to agree with the hand movements. It was my first attempt at animating in months so I was a bit rusty. Believe me it was far worse that it is now. http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon11.gif

There was another post on the forums by me, so that is probably why some people have seen this before. Either that or someone else likes Eddie Murphy's Delirious show as much as me.

Thanks again guys,

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2005, 01:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.