PDA

View Full Version : first post, matador/gladiator.

nicgo3
02-24-2002, 03:35 AM
Hello people.
borowd a old wacom from a friend.
Made this picture of a futuristic matador/gladiator with photoshop.
I picture this guy standing fearless and proud before a vicious bio-enhanced futuristic killer beast.

The reason i made this was that i had some thought of entering the 3d p-a challenge with this as a concept scetch.
But seing all those brilliant 3d-artists competing made me think twice.
But wanted to post it for coments and critics anyways. hope you like it guys.

http://www.student.itn.liu.se/~nicgo302/maxen/matador1.jpg

Mindmatter
02-24-2002, 03:47 AM
Hallå nicgo. Jag hann först :)

I really love the style of this one. Not too many details but I think more detailing would ruin it.
All you have to do now is paint the beast :)

[m m]

Gilgamesh
02-24-2002, 07:05 AM
That is excellent. Man, I got to get me a tablet.

balistic
02-24-2002, 07:33 AM
That's an interesting impression. A lot of concept artists forget to include mood or emotion as part of their idea, and they end up with a boring diagram.

Here's a tip for getting a character's pose right: flip the piece horizontally as you draw, every five or ten minutes . . . work for a while, flip the image, work some more, flip it back, et cetera . . . your poses will look more balanced and your anatomy will be better proportioned.

nicgo3
02-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the comments people.

Balistic that's really a good pice of advice, thanx.
I can certainly see how it would help improve proportions, poses etc. by working on a picture from two 'angles'.

I will try that right away.

I feel inspiration rushing over me. Time to boot up the borrowed wacom tablet.

nicgo3
02-25-2002, 07:01 PM
Mindmatter you comment on painting the beast resulted in this picture. Its still a work in progress. Im not really happy with the poses in someway it apers to static. It lacks motion.
Anyways here goes.
http://www.student.itn.liu.se/~nicgo302/maxen/matadortjurw.jpg
comments, sugestions please let me know. thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.