PDA

View Full Version : Q: Ik Arm and + Ik Hand = WEIRD TWIST!!

nelsonteixeira
09-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok, Iīve got an ik_Handle for the arm and asecond one for the hand... cool... now I want a box control curve so I can freeze transformations on it and animate without keying the handles directly. I point and orient constrainted the arm_ikHandle to the box_curve and poleVector constrained the arm_ik_Handle to an elbow_curve. Then I parented the hand ik_Handle to the box_curve so I could rotate the hand through the box_curve. The weird thing happens when I start to move and rotate box control thereīs certain points the hand joint rotate by itself and I have no idea whatīs going on... Can anybody help me??

JFFORTIN
09-14-2005, 01:47 AM
nelsonteixeira in ur setup u says point and orient constraint ur ik handle to ur box and laer u says u parent ur ik to tha box so right there u have a error andu dont need to orientconstraint a ik handle u should only pointy constraint ur ik to ur controller and orientconstraint ur hand joint to that controller.

nelsonteixeira
09-14-2005, 09:30 AM
And I noticed also that the problem occours when I try to use a control arm to control the skin arm... I guess some double transformation is happening there but I donīt now why... the setup works preety nice if I just grab the control_joints and rotate them in fk mode... the problem is when I try to control via nurbs curves.

king21
09-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Hello

I rearanged ur scene litle bit.

I use two controls for hand because of gimbal lock.
One for translate and one for rotate (and the hand moves along with arm so it doesnt come to gimbal).

H?ere is scene file

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2005, 10:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.