PDA

View Full Version : maybe a noob question but...

capteeni
09-13-2005, 03:59 PM
i want in 3ds max 7 make my on vehicle fly through the tree which is in my video file. Do i need to use some kind mask? tree is in the environment not even 3d so i couldnt find answer elsewhere. I praise you to help me.

ZaKKoS
09-13-2005, 04:13 PM
i would do this in a compositing program like aftereffects, shake or whatever. Anyway rotoscoping is the way to go (as long as i know).

Velk
09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
You could do it in any of the programs mentioned, if you duplicate the layer and then either rotoscope or mask the tree you can have the vehicle (also separated from background) fly between the layers.

Zergxes2
09-22-2005, 05:17 PM
I would duplicate that footage layer a few times and pick areas of the tree that overlap the ship and some to recede behind, and use masks to get that overlaping/underlaping? effect. Did you have the opportunity to shake the tree or film it in high wind or with a huge fan hitting it so it looks like something is affecting it? Does the vehicle emit hot air that would char or ignite the tree?

Sounds like a cool project.

LUCK!

Zergxes2
09-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Random thought, you probably have a "green screen" shader in Max you can play with, you could put that on some polys shaped like part of the tree to cut away the ship images, masking in Max itself. Maya has a "use background" shader, I'm sure Max has one too.

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2005, 05:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.