PDA

View Full Version : Spidey WIP - need some suggestions

Chris Ollis
02-24-2002, 03:08 AM
http://the3d.ws/artists/chris_ollis/Spidey.htm

I'm running out of steam - either that or I'm losing focus due to alcohol consumption - shouldn't start so late at night.

In theory he should end up a nice stylized angular Spidey (not like the film one)

ANy suggestions on where to go from here?

Cheers.

Aarkon
02-24-2002, 03:15 AM
you should add some girth to the neck it seems a bit flimsy to hold up his head you should do the spider logo on his chest maybe shapemerge it and exstrude it a bit so it is well defined and maybe make the eyes facited like real compound eyes

popnGEAR
02-24-2002, 04:40 AM
I thought only insects had compound eyes.
Spiders just have eight regular eyes don't they?

EighthDecay
02-24-2002, 06:40 AM
I like the style,, always loved the spidy comics,, some artist make him look very thin,, but muscular,,, I like the cartoony style,, its very good stuff,, wish I had the motivation too model characters

Gilgamesh
02-24-2002, 06:51 AM
I love that texture. Is it procedural?

Chris Ollis
02-24-2002, 03:54 PM
The neck is meant to be thin (I'm going for the skinny sinewy look (hopefully get the sinews done through careful texturing)

The chest and back logo's will also be added as textures,

I agree about the insect only compound eyes!

and yup gilgamesh, it's procedural!

Cheers for the comments. Just got to sum up the motivation to continue now............. but I think I'll go out instead..........

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.