PDA

View Full Version : Weightmap problem

Werner
11-07-2002, 11:58 AM
Can someone please explain this to me. The weightmap in Modeler is set up to use 100% weight for all points in my "head" weightmap, but in Layout when I select the map for the specific bone it distorts the model. I don't know were it gets the weight properties from???

Eugeny
11-07-2002, 12:28 PM
Two questions :
Did u use Weigh Map only ?
Did ALL bones have assigned weight maps ?

Werner
11-07-2002, 12:52 PM
yes, they all have their own weightmaps...found the problem tho!
I thought I set the subdivision order to last, but I missed it. It's working now!

Thanks anyway Eugeny. I know you would have solved it some time, if I did'nt find it.

Eugeny
11-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Great :thumbsup:

proton
11-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Subdivision order will always get you :)

Werner
11-08-2002, 06:38 AM
yeah, especially if you are in a hurry!

SplineGod
11-08-2002, 08:28 AM
Heres a great little tip: Many times we have a checklist of things we go through all the time... for example, import a character, convert skelegons into bones, change bone falloff, change Subdivision to last. Many times its easy to forget things and we sit there scratching our heads trying to remember what we forgot. Heres what I do. I activate Lscript commander and go thru those steps and create a button that runs thru that checklist whenever I import a new character. I think Lscript commander is awesome for doing things like that. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.