PDA

View Full Version : Help: problems with front vs perspective view

hugodog
09-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to model a human or a woman's face. I have some difficulties after having to model using front view and side view. The problem is: my model's face is looking very good actually from front view. But on perspective or camera view, it is somehow looking very (perspectively) distorted. So it doesn't look as good as viewed from front or orthogonal view.

I guess the problem come from the fact that I use a photograph for my reference image plane, which is already in perspective, and I put it on front view which is orthogonal.

I don't recall seeing any tutorial regarding this issue. So how do you experts do it? and how to fix this easily? I have also tried to model using perspective view, but I find it difficult.

Thanks in advance,
Regards

mp5
09-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Find a references, that show muscular structure of humans and model using it as your backdrop image.

the_WrongChoice
09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
hugodog, well i would also like to hear how experts are doing it, but i guess use should try to make a photograph with high focal lengths settings from enough distance so there is very few or no perspective distortion and use it in your orthographic view. maybe it's the best solution.

or you could use some general refences to match proprtions and use prespective photos to catch likeness...

mihkeltt
09-13-2005, 02:58 PM
is your model looking ok from the front in the perspective or ortographic view? if it's the latter one, then try raising the focal length of the camera as wide angles tend to distort images.

hugodog
09-14-2005, 02:13 AM
is your model looking ok from the front in the perspective or ortographic view? if it's the latter one, then try raising the focal length of the camera as wide angles tend to distort images.

It looks OK (very good in fact.. ehm) in front view, but kind of ugly in perspective view.

And the photo I used is just some pictures I got from net, so I didn't take it myself.

Thank you guys...

grahamef
09-14-2005, 06:26 PM
GnarlyCranium had a good discussion of this but her site seems to have vanished. Luckily it's partly available from the Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20031010081917/www.logrhythms.com/Leah/tuts/BH03.html.

Apart from using her technique, for an organic model, you can also just try tweaking your model in the perspective view as you orbit around until it looks right.

hugodog
09-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Thank you guys...

Anyone knows where I can get GnarlyCarnium discussion with pictures?

Thanks again,
Regards

the_WrongChoice
09-20-2005, 06:03 AM
i made a search and found this topic

i think it is Gnarly Cranium discussion :)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42769

not very useful though

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2005, 06:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.