PDA

View Full Version : mixed digital: mayan face and statue

psilipsycho
11-07-2002, 07:00 AM
this is a new digital painting that I just finished.
22 hours

photoshop 7.0
maya 4.0

BishopLynx
11-07-2002, 05:18 PM
What the crap is this. Not even a response of the minimal sort after 40 views?

Looks cool man. The only thing that jumped out at me just now was the color contrast on her right boob. It looks like there is something pressing into it.

other than that...:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

wildsheepchase
11-07-2002, 05:47 PM
The thing I noticed immediately was the lack of a smooth transition between the elements in your foreground and the elements in the background. The pyramid and the moon look almost photographic, while the face and torso in front look very drawn. Also, the whitish area starting at the arm of the torso and leading down towards the bottom of the painting doesn't read well. Are they supposed to be wings? Personally, I think if the whole painting were done in the same technique, it would look better.
One more nitpicky thing...the title says "mayan face and statue", while the pyramid in back is of the Egyptian variety, isn't it? Didn't the Mayans have step pyramids? Or did you intend to mean "mayan" as in the maya software?
I like how you've rendered the face in front and the composition is interesting. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.