PDA

View Full Version : lattic locks when being referenced!!

pigbelly
09-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi I have a lattice on my character but I cant move the controlPoints if I reference the character.
Is this a known bug? and is there a workaround to this problem!

cheers
/Tommie

Morganism
09-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I haven't tried this, but I'd imagine that if you put a cluster on each lattice point you should be able to edit them fine that way, since you're essentially giving each of them a tranform node.

pigbelly
09-11-2005, 02:54 PM
yea that works but its a bit to much work, I have lattices allover the body and face...

/Tommie

Morganism
09-11-2005, 07:58 PM
well...you could skin every lattice point to a different joint? :)

pigbelly
09-11-2005, 08:11 PM
well........tom much work :-)

Craiger
09-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Why would you want to change the character in the reference file? Thats just asking for problems. If you want to modify the lattice, go back to your master file that you are referencing and change it there.

pigbelly
09-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Well the point of having a rig setup referenced into another scene is that you can animate it but still do changes on the rig and it will update all your animation files..
I have worked with this kind of pipeline on many projects and it works great! But the lattice dosent.
I got conformation by Alias that this is a bug!
So I'm waiting for the workaround :-)

Edit: Maybe you missunderstod me, I want to animate the lattice controlPoints. Not modify the rig or anything!

cheers
/Tommie

shrtcww
09-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Can you post your solution when you get it. I just did the cluster per lattic point for a few animators I know - be great to have something easier for them.

Cheers,
Ian

Morganism
09-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Personally I think I'd want to do cluster per lattice point anyway...That way you can have more control over your transforms, like orientation, heirarchies, proper naming, visualization, etc.

Althought I guess it depends on the situation..

shrtcww
09-15-2005, 09:25 PM
I myself would. However, sometimes the simple solutions are all you need.

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2005, 09:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.