PDA

View Full Version : "Why a mime shouldn't play in the street"

ivanisavich
09-11-2005, 03:42 AM
Hey all....I haven't posted anything in a while since I've been busy busy busy.....but here's something I threw together this afternoon for your viewing pleasure :)

It was made for an animation mini-challenge over at www.simplycg.net (http://www.simplycg.net/), and the theme was entitled "worst accidents".

It took me almost exactly 3 hours to animate from start to finish. I actually recorded the entire process with Camtasia....but sadly the file is too big to post online :(

Post your comments! Don't take it too seriously though ;)

NOTE: In order to get the joke...you'll need to watch it with your speakers on!

http://www.theonlyt.com/Main/Animations/mime.avi (DivX)

http://www.theonlyt.com/Main/Animations/mime.jpg

aliasfreak101
09-11-2005, 05:01 AM
pretty funny.

Norl
09-11-2005, 08:53 AM
It is indeed funny. The motorcycle seemed to speed away too fast for me to see it or is it a conjured up one like the skateboard by the mime. You have certainly earn a reputation here as a fast animator for your animations done in record time. Love to see their breakdowns in some sort of tutorial here or at your website. By the way, out of curiosity, since I just recently began to do animations, did you use FK or IK for the arms? Which is more suited to ensure fluidity in movement, instead of looking stiff? In any case, keep up the good work! :)

ivanisavich
09-11-2005, 09:07 AM
The motorcycle seemed to speed away too fast for me to see it or is it a conjured up one like the skateboard by the mime.

Yeah that's the joke ;)....the mime riding the invisible skateboard is hit by an invisible car when he ventures into the road (since mimes are always interacting with invisible stuff)

Also...I re-uploaded a tweaked version with a slightly slowed-down impact, so there's a few more frames where you can see him in view as he's thrown out of the screen.

As for the arms, I used IK....and 99.999% of the time that's what I use no matter what :)....I just can't be bothered rotating the forearm and arm around when IK gives you the convenience of only having to drag the position of the hands (and adjust an elbow lookat).

Thanks for the comments!

Norl
09-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I agree with you that IK offer more convenience than FK, which I tried using FK to find it to be quite tedious, actually. Pardon me since I thought it was a motorcycle based on the sound and the tweaked clip is much better to see the mime being thrown at the front screen where the blood is being splattered. Hope to see more of your animations here so keep 'em coming whenever you can. :)

ivanisavich
09-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Motorcycle, bus, truck, car, boat...same thing eh ;)...either way the poor mime gets smushed! :D

Malachim
09-11-2005, 09:39 AM
looks good.. didn't really get the joke before I read what it was later.. but who don't mind seeing a mime getting splattered all over the pavement. I would have like to see some intestines..

Scithious
09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
hahahahaha i hate mimes...te 1st time i watched it im like "wth" then i remembered he was a mime and laughed my ass off, good job nice animation too

SpecialFX
09-11-2005, 05:34 PM
good work and very fast(3 hrs). it will be interesting to see the recording you did. any chances of looking at that? BTW i have seen the other work you did and like it very much specially the operation theatre one. it is very well done. take care.

Y.

webhead
09-11-2005, 06:08 PM
:thumbsup: :buttrock: :) --That's Mime for, "Very clever!"

HenningK
09-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Heh. You've seen the 'Yeah Right!" trailer from GIRL with the invisible skateboards right?
That's one talented mime... he didnt deserve his grisly fate.
-hen

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2005, 11:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.