PDA

View Full Version : Create a Quick Selection Set?

Jboy
09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
There is an undocumented command called CreateQuickSelectSet that creates a quick selection set, but it always pops up a box asking for a name.

Is there a flag that I can use to name it automatically?

Alternatively, is there a way to auto-complete the text field and simulate a click of the "OK" button from script?

NolanSW
09-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Go into the maya docs and look for "Sets". I believe that's what your after.

Jboy
09-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Well, that's the workaround I'm using now, I just create a normal set. But I can't find a way to make any old set appear in the quick selection set menu under "edit".

NolanSW
09-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Not quite sure what you are going after. I believe sets do not save in Quick selection sets.
Here is a little Gui I wipped up that could help.

if(`window -exists quickSetPicker`) deleteUI quickSetPicker;
window -t "Quick Selection Picker" quickSetPicker;
string $form = `formLayout`;

string $scroll = `textScrollList -selectCommand "pickList" -width 225 -height 300 quickList` ;
string $close = `button -l "Close" -w 65 -command "deleteUI quickSetPicker"` ;

string $sets[] = `listSets -allSets`;
int $i;
for($i = 2; $i < `size($sets)`;$i++)
{
textScrollList -e -append $sets[$i] quickList;
}
formLayout -e
-af $close "left" 160
-af $close "top" 300
-af $scroll "left" 0
-af $scroll "top" 0
$form ;

showWindow quickSetPicker;

global proc pickList()
{

string $getListName[] = `textScrollList -q -selectItem quickList`;
select -r $getListName[0];
}

Jboy
09-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks. Yea, I guess I'll have to do it that way, and not use the "official" quick select sets. I wanted to integrate it with the normal UI so you didn't have to have my script's window open to use the selection set (as this is a minor part of the functionality). But I guess the user can still add it there manually if he/she wants to.

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2005, 07:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.