PDA

View Full Version : Lasers

P][NK FLOYD
11-07-2002, 02:33 AM
sup guys ....im a bit of a newb to photoshop ....i was wonderin if ne one knew how i could make lasers....im just trying to have a bunch of random lasers go across a black background....ne help is appreciated thanks again

Ian Jones
11-07-2002, 06:14 AM
Draw a coloured line with the line tool on its own layer. Use a 5 or 6 pixel width for example. Now on a new layer above the first draw a slightly thinner white line. Set this new layer to 'colour dodge' blending mode (access this in the layer pallete). Now play around with the 'gaussian blur' filter... apply a bit, maybe 5 pixels to the coloured layer. Then you could also blur the while line a little too, maybe 2 or 3 pixels. This should give you a similar effect as shown below. I originally chose a charcoal sort of blue and a slightly orange/grey. These colours are both at about mid saturation. This does make a difference to how the effect turns out. Check the picture to see the colour pallete and where I chose one of the colours from. Experiment with different amounts of blur, line width, colours etc... you can get a whole range of different effects.

Hope that helps.

MemeRaiZ
11-19-2002, 09:51 AM
just the thing i needed 4 my new design thnx!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.