PDA

View Full Version : 2minFilmClub/mycity/valerio-stepington/live action

stepington
09-10-2005, 04:40 PM
We're trying an experiment. Two guys talking about their city at the same table. One guy will be filmed in the USA - the other guy will be filmed in Italy. The idea is to make it appear that they are occupying the same space. Weather it works or not - it will be a lot of fun to attempt. . .

igorsandman
09-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Funny Idea. Can't wait to see how it will turn out. :bounce:
-IS-

stepington
09-12-2005, 10:51 AM
thanks, igor!
hopefully the funny bits won't be our mistakes - and if they are - then I hope they are charming ones:D

Okay - as this will be difficult to pull off zakkos and I are making a quick 20-30 second test to see what issues may arise. So here is a very very rough animatic of the test we will shoot over the next 48 hours.

right click here (http://stephenbodin.com/test%20animatic.mov) and save target.

pretty lousy fast sketching on my part:rolleyes: sorry about that. . .

igorsandman
09-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Broken link, fellow :)
Can't wait to have a lok at it.
-IS-

ZaKKoS
09-13-2005, 11:22 AM
thanks igor!

Sorry if i didn't show up before but stephen is making everything perfect:thumbsup:

We're going to make our part wednesday (i hope).

RobertoOrtiz
09-13-2005, 11:54 AM
That is a GREAT idea!

-R

ILLPIX
09-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi, I don't see how this is such a experiment.

Are you going to put the same background behind both actors, or keep the different backgrounds and 'glue' them together by letting an annoying fly, fly around the scene.
For example Fly drinks from glass of the left guy to then continue to sit and crap on the bold head of the right guy??

Curious to see what u mean

Greetz

ZaKKoS
09-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi, I don't see how this is such a experiment.
never do that so it's an experiment:shrug:

Are you going to put the same background behind both actors, or keep the different backgrounds and 'glue' them together by letting an annoying fly, fly around the scene.
For example Fly drinks from glass of the left guy to then continue to sit and crap on the bold head of the right guy??

Curious to see what u mean

Greetz
no flies for now, sorry. But we can eventually add some.

By now we're doing just a test. Although we want to keep the differencies that add interest. A sort of "the girl on the bridge" final piece only slightly different (I mean, no telepathy and such things)

Hope i answered your questions.:thumbsup:

stepington
09-13-2005, 03:04 PM
dead link lives now - sorry guys :rolleyes:

added image
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/3273/dancer1pr.gif
From Maya Deren's "Choreography for Camera"

thought that the motion through changes in environment were interesting. While I didn't believe the dancer was in the same environment/moment - I FELT the dancer was in the same environment/moment. Inspiring stuff.

sergioKomic
09-16-2005, 05:17 PM
:bounce: Oooh the two past winners unite....

GoGoGo!

Good luck w the shoot!

<<edit>> saw , the animatic....

GREAT idea..... Im eager for the execution!

stepington
09-16-2005, 11:09 PM
thanks for the encouragement - sergio!

we finished our test shoot the link is here (http://stephenbodin.com/italy-shot%20test.mov)
we shot it in a bit of a rush so ignore our aspect ratio differences.:)

stepington
09-26-2005, 05:14 AM
Well - we still have a lot of shooting - if we make it - it's going to be a really close call with the deadline.

titles test
right click and save target as blah blah blah (http://stephenbodin.com/my%20cityes.mov)

stepington
10-05-2005, 12:04 AM
:bounce: false cry of defeat

mosconariz
10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
So you ask for 1 more month and got it from Roberto?

kewl!

Thanks!

I can't wait to see your crossed/city entry! :bounce:

ZaKKoS
10-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Actually our crossed city entry is under reconstruction. We decided to shift from a physical type of interaction to a more "distant" one. So, probably, you will not see our two characters interact physically. Although with one more available month we are open to other changes!

Stephen did a good thing asking for more time, I also hope that with this extra month someone else will join the challenge (i read something recently ;) )

I'm looking forward to see some life again here!

stepington
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey, Zakkos! (I know this isn't proper forum conduct - I'll delete this post and replace it with more pertinent content soon).

zakkos! I've been out past 4 days - I'll contact you tonight via messenger.

Velk
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey guys thought I would stop in and offer some encouragement, I love your premise! Good luck to both of you.

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.