PDA

View Full Version : Yakuza-Looking for very harsh critiques

Silentstep
09-09-2005, 11:15 PM
This is one of my latest characters, very WIP. Tell me what you think.

trankillity
09-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Nice work so far. Would be nice to see some higher res renders and some wire renders. The eyes / face shape don't look incredibly Japanese at this point either. They are looking more like half Korean, half Caucasian. Take a look at a lot of reference photos specifically of Japanese people.

Kravenous
09-10-2005, 05:31 AM
Well you mentioned harsh critiques and I don't mean to be a smartass, but I think in order to do so I would and I think others would need to know what your goals were. ex high realizm, stylized etc.
Having said that I'm in agreement with trankillity so far.

cheers
Kravenous

wayfaerer
09-10-2005, 08:45 AM
The face looks really good but I think the collar should be higher on the back. Also the chain or whatever it is doesn't look real, as if it doesn't care about gravity.

Scotcho
09-10-2005, 04:54 PM
I agree with the above three comments. It is a nice model, but you seem to be lacking some hard edges along the clothing and the belt buckle. I think if you add a lot more realism. I'd do another pass at the neck as well.. the adams apple area looks too simplified, maybe throw in some subtle rivets from the trachea. Do you have some updates coming? I'd like to see what you'll change.

Silentstep
09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the critique, thus far. I'm going for realistic. It's interesting what Trankillity said about the half asian, half caucasian thing, because I've never heard that before. My references have all been japanese, but I'll look into that. Harder edges, collar and belt agreed. Kneck also. Updates coming? I'll post another update in a few days with a wireframe. Appreciate the feedback, because that's just what I'm looking for; people who have an eye for smaller details that can point out things that will help make my gangster more realistic. Thanks guys.

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2005, 10:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.