PDA

View Full Version : Modeling a ship - question

manofunagi
09-09-2005, 07:33 PM
i'm currently trying to model a 19th century spanish ship. i started off with a rectangular box and went on from there to follow the reference images i have. it just doesn't come out the way i want it to be;once i changed the coordinates on the front view, the coordinates on the side view got messed up. with a lack of experience and i just started modeling, i would very much appreciate some assistance or any tips that you experts can spare me. i will post the images of my work next time. thanks.

Tallacus
09-10-2005, 02:36 AM
did you try cutting half of your model and just use instance or symmetry instead

EricLyman
09-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Lets see some images, it's really hard to tell what's going on in your scene otherwise. Off the top of my head, I might recommend using NURBS objects as much as you can on this project. They lend themselves to hard surface modeling, especially when it comes to hard-curves objects such as the bottom of a ship or the railing around the deck. Also, what are your goals for the project? Realism, cartooney, etc?

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2005, 03:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.