PDA

View Full Version : Generic Male/Female base models.

Daniel-B
09-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Does anyone know where I can get some male and female base 3D models that are low poly. You know, the kind you start off as a base, and then add details. I know softimage has a male and female primitive built in, I kinda want something like that. Does anyone know where I might find them?

EricLyman
09-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Probably be hard to find one, but really you'll be much better off doing this part yourself. Not only will you have more control over the geometry in your finished model, but you won't have to share the credit with anyone but yourself! I know some modelers create "base" models for themselves that they always work from, but even these models are somewhat tailored to their individual style. Good luck.

Carpenter
09-10-2005, 05:48 PM
I agree wholely with Mezza's statement above, I have created many base models for Male, Feamale, ALien, Mutants and such for my own use... it is excellent practice as well as gives me a good starting point for most types of models.

If you are bound and determined to try with someone else's mesh base you might try something like Turbo Squid, they might have something for free that might be worth tailoring to your needs (probably not, but it may be worth a shot).

Another thing I do is make individual parts and then just weld them together... kinda Mr. Potatoe Head thing :)... arms , legs, hands, feet, head, and torso's...

Good luck on your Journey :)

Rich

Daniel-B
09-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Well, the only thing about making a base model is that I don't have that much experience with modeling organic shapes. I could do it, but it probably wouldn't look very good.

I don't suppose you would have one that I might use?

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2005, 04:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.