http://www.maneuver.co.uk

click on Sustain

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Laurence

Kickflipkid687
09-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey,

Very odd real, but cool. Kind of trippy or something. The music was good, but it was like crackling a little. Otherwise, nice job on the effects :)

aliasfreak101
09-11-2005, 06:17 AM
The visual aspect of the reel was very good, and the music was nice. But i do agree with who ever posted before hand saying there was a problem with the way the music played back. Technically the song was good, but the sound quality seemed to have a problem that reduced the performance due to distraction a little bit.

''Not Bad visually, Sound could use help''

UnlikelyCorny
09-11-2005, 08:54 PM
a straight link is always a lot nicer than having to go through a website, just to find the clip hidden somewhere ;-)

www.maneuver.co.uk/Sustain.mov (http://www.maneuver.co.uk/Sustain.mov)

Looks nice, a bit fashionable, a bit like the royskopp video, and as said the clip could do with a little less compression.

whizz
09-13-2005, 01:54 PM
offtopic:

who is the artist of the music in your reel? ... i really like it ... did you make it?

cheers
patrick

Ch3
09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
exellent. I like both sustain and your reel.
In sustain I didnt really like some of the camera moves. To much spining around the objects. Towards the end, where I think you have a real footage for foreground layer, the camera moves really good.

it remind me quite a lot a video I've seen in res.com
Unfortunatelly I dont remember the title, but it was a short animation, more like a documentary with facts and stats about oil crisis, Bush government etc etc. It had a very graphic design/2D look, with a very good script and narative. If i manage to find it again, I'll post the link.

keep the hope alive!

shakii
09-13-2005, 09:40 PM
I could've barely sustain myself watching the opening of Sustain.. (sorry, couldn't help it :D ) it was just too long and didn't get the point until the words and graphs show up. Other than that good job!

Ch3
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
here you go:
What Barry Says (http://www.knife-party.net/flash/barry.html) by simon robson

JonyK
09-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Thats a cool video Ch3, but I could argue againts it as well, not to turn this into a new topic.

That was a cool video, i really liked the "motion" video, who did the music in that one? Sustain was, or felt, a bit to long to me. Other then that I like the movies.

suzana_kilic
09-22-2005, 12:13 AM
I love it.
Excellent visual effects - a style like using an 3D illustrator.

Maginnis
09-22-2005, 06:42 AM
I never thought I'd be a fan of commercial art, and your stuff garunteed that. I'm just kidding! Seriously I thought it was some great stuff, though I do agree that sustain ran a bit long. Also I appreciate that you're including with it some very serious information but I got a little blind sided by that. It redirects the mood of the piece a little suddenly, but if that's what you're going for to kind of demonstrate the rude awakening man kind will have then kudos, it worked. Maybe I'm digging too deep:) Anyhow sweet stuff, keep up what you do cause it looks like a fascinating niche to be in.

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2005, 06:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.