PDA

View Full Version : 3ds export big problem

vikigrafx
09-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi all

I had created a machine in 3dsmax 7.0. I had used some textures and some standard materials like raytrace, shellac and multi sub-objects. I had used around 12-14 lights.In that lights parameters, i had excluded and included some of the objects from not to take illumination and shadows.

My problem is actually i want to give the model to some body as a 3ds output( because i want to open my model irrestive of the 3dsmax versions). When i do so....
After importing that 3ds file into max the model is not coming with my assigned textures, materials (raytrace, shellac). And also the lights information like excluding including are collapsing. so all of the objects in the scene taking illuminatioin of all lights. mainly no textures and material info on that model.

How to fix this? Or any other way you can suggest to proceed .

Earlier i had got some 3ds files from net where they are coming with all textures and shaders with them when i import into 3dsmax. That meanswhen i imported the 3ds file and straight away i say render and the object was rendered with all tex and shaders with out need of assigning them seperately. In built textures and shaders with 3ds output.
Does any body can help how this is possible.
Sorry for the big post. I want to give full details. Seeking your help.

Thanks in advance.

captain brainiac
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
i would give it a try using the FBX-Exporter.

Since there are FBX Versions even for older Max Versions on the Alias (http://www.alias.com) Site
you can export from 7 with fbx and import to 4 or 5 with FBX...

I have no experience with all the in- and excluding of lights and wether it takes all the
Mat - information with it.

You'll have to try yourself!

Greetz
Tom

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.