PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Kieran Smith

Waltron
09-08-2005, 06:31 AM
Kieran Smith has entered "Spectacular 3D".

Waltron
09-12-2005, 04:58 AM
wow, totally stoked about this challenge... spent the last week or so researching the topic itself ... a lot of time browsing photos and such.

I wanted to create an image that looked at the raw emotion of combat but I dont want to broach on the political/ethical complications that would go hand in hand with a contemporary image so I chose to base my concept on the Defence of Crete during the 2nd World War. New Zealand, Australian and British troops armed mostly with only their personal weapons and a very small number of artilliary pieces were given the task of defending the island and it's airfields from 45,000 German paratroopers - My Grandfather was involved in this Battle and was evacuated just before the fall of the island after 10 days of fierce combat

if anyone is interested in reading about this have a look here: http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/Gallery/crete/index.htm

anyways ... have been doing a lot of sketches and the like but my scanner is out of action so I'll post some as soon as I can get them scanned elsewhere - have started modeling characters - nothing exciting yet, just general head / figure modeling - 3DSmax 7

good luck everyone :thumbsup:

-w

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2005, 04:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.