PDA

View Full Version : VFS Animation Reel - Scenic View

shakes825
09-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey all,

I just finished up at VFS a few weeks ago, and just got to posting my short. It's a pretty simple story of a guy trying to get his picture taken in front of some scenery, with various things going wrong. Hope everyone likes it. I'm in scholarship term right now at VFS and still working on this, so I welcome critiques. I'm also looking for employment. :thumbsup:

http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d52brandon/3d52_Brandon_Poster_small.jpg

Right Click and Save As

Click Here (http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d52brandon/Demo_reel.avi)
Mirror (http://www.bshakley.com/video/Demo_reel.avi)

Congrats to all my classmates in 3d52; it was great working with and getting to know all of you. I hope to see you again sometime down the line.

-Brandon Shakley

MingDynasty1368-1644
09-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Man, its great to see your work here. I m thinking maybe give you 1 star, sounds fair? Anyway, Great work. plus, have a good weekend in Calgary.

r1d3r
09-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey Brandon, nice work. You should be very proud of the work you have done. I'm glad we got to work side by side this last term. It was a great year getting you know you, and good luck with the scholarship! You deserve it. And good luck with all the future has to offer. Keep in touch eh!

John Reiter

jonbie
09-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Great job men, it really looks nice, good luck in job hunt, im sure that with the scholarship its going to be ready for siggraph, hehe congrats and will be in contact, cheers.

shiaopoo
09-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey,man,nice to see your work here.It's a great short with good animation and simple story!!
I think you will get the best result after Scholarship term,also good luck on job hunting.

Dony

Doobers
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
hey looks really good man! he does turn around alot huh? I think you said you were going to rework those, I think the turn at the .51 mark is the very nice, it looks like it has some real momentum. so what now, animation excercises?

BadgerSundae
09-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Bravo!

It's a simple story indeed, but extremely well executed. I can't wait to see what this looks like after a few more months of polish.

Keep up the great work.

~ Matt

shakes825
09-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. :)

Ming: Thanks for the star dude. I'll see you in school. :thumbsup:

r1d3r: Thanks man, it was great sitting next to you all last term. Good luck in all your endeavors. Will definitely be in touch.

doobers: thanks for the crit dude, yeah I wanna rework alot of those turns. have you made any headway on the job search?

BadgerSundae: I noticed you were in Foundation. Are you looking to get into the Animation track at VFS? Thanks for the comments.

To all my VFS classmates, I would like to inform everyone that one of our members was recently married this weekend. Keith was married to his fiance Chantal on Saturday! It was a really nice wedding and the newlyweds were very happy.

BadgerSundae
09-13-2005, 02:47 AM
BadgerSundae: I noticed you were in Foundation. Are you looking to get into the Animation track at VFS? Thanks for the comments.

Brandon,

Yes, I'm in my fourth term of Foundation at the moment and planning to enter 3D after finishing. I'm undecided as to whether I'll specialize in modeling or animation, but I still have plenty of time to decide.

I've really enjoyed the pencil-test animation that I've done to this point, so animation is a definite possibility. Seeing work like yours is inspiring as well.

If you have time in your scholarship term, maybe I could drop in and chat with you sometime. Let me know. I'm just across the hall.

Thanks,

~ Matt

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2005, 02:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.