PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 2D Entry: Fahrija Velic

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Fahrija Velic is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=8388)

Latest Update: Final Image: The Rescue on Kandhar
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133737631_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2880430#post2880430)

beelow
09-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Welcome Fahrija, and good luck to ya!:thumbsup:

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi buddies,

I wish you all very much fun. Try to come up soon with some sketches to get into the topic.
Lets see what happens. :)

best regards
fahrija

Squibbit
09-07-2005, 05:55 PM
decided to join then, most exellent !

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126119921_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126119921_large.jpg)

SKETCH 1.0 -------- "sandstorm"

o.k > first sketch. Just to get in touch with the topic.

regards
fahrija

I will try some other ideas for the next sketch.

NOOB!
09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
really nice and realistic,using painter?

umbrellasky
09-07-2005, 07:09 PM
wow this is very nice, great concept work! I love the colours. I can't wait to see more of your ideas! :)

Good luck with the challenge

Squibbit
09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
sweet heavens, u rule dude, carry on!

fooxoo
09-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Nice clouds! Good luck :thumbsup:

tlggungor
09-07-2005, 07:18 PM
welcome fahrija good smoke effect :beer:

Rebeccak
09-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Woo!!! Fahrija's in! Noew we have a full nut haus!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Good luck!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers! :)

~Rebeccak

paperclip
09-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Welcome Fahrija, I love that smoke so far!! Great colors.

What's the concept? :D
I agree with rebecca...woohoo...nuts rule!

See? Here are some nuts... and here's a ruler! I rest my case.
http://www.cpes.peachnet.edu/pecan/images/kernel_pictures/french.jpg
See the 'french' title, that refers to LEMOG! he is the true french nut, haha, although pascal isn't far behind...he started it all, remember!

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Heey Rebecca and Therry,
thanks for looking by into my thread! I had to join. It was peer pressure. :D the concept goes more into forces of nature but thats only for this sketch. I had to start somehow.:)
You both are so funny. Good to have you in the near. :thumbsup:

thanks Squib > try to keep it up > I wish I would be so fast like you. I think DSG is the key word, eh? :D

Thanks tolga and foxxo!

Hi Madalaine,
thank you very much for your comment. Beautiful name btw. :) :blush:

Hi Nubian,
great to see you here, dude! Yup Painter > messing around with chalk brush, water rake, palette knife, ...

CodeNothing
09-07-2005, 08:29 PM
beautifull color! :eek: Im so jelous of people who understand color. LOL

looks realy good, i feel anxious like that guy in the little ship wont make it to safety before the sand storm hits him. :)

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126126961_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126126961_large.jpg)

SKETCH 2.0 ------- "dragonfire"

A very fast sketch made from a little thumbnail-drawing.

Content:
placed in the medieval maybe mixed with scifi elements. Dragon/Monster attack of local civilians. Should be modified a bit more if I decide to go with this one to avoid some cliches.

fahrija

NOOB!
09-07-2005, 09:10 PM
looks like it might overtake the cliches and actually be sumthing great!

Squibbit
09-07-2005, 09:10 PM
hey Fahrija u got a home page or sumthin cuz u make like cool stuff
and i'd like to see more pics u made ?

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 09:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126127653_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126127653_large.jpg)

SKETCH 3.0 --------"fishing time"

A fast sketch made from a thumbnail drawing. If you are interested in the messy thumbnail drawing let me know.

I had the film "the old man and the sea" in mind. A man on a little boat (tries to get to another island or maybe wanted out for fishing for dinner) Suddenly a big strange fish/worm comes out of the water. Im not sure if it is an attack or just because it comes up to get some air. Many possibilities and design /perspective changes are left but I like this topic somehow.

Tell me what you think?

fahrija

NOOB!
09-07-2005, 09:18 PM
yep,giant man eating penis seems spectacular to me lol

nah seriously,looks good.

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
yep,giant man eating penis seems spectacular to me lol

nah seriously,looks good.

LOL :applause:

yeh > thats what happens when sketching very messy.

but seriously I it think I will keep this theme in mind > without the big penis look of course. :)

Ego
09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Looking real great already fahrija! Great concepts.

Fahrija
09-07-2005, 09:36 PM
hey Fahrija u got a home page or sumthin cuz u make like cool stuff
and i'd like to see more pics u made ?.

Hey Squib!
thank you very much for compliment, dude :blush: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

Unfortunately not yet. I allready pay for hosting and want to get the website/portfolio out at least till the end of the year. Need to ask some friends for programming the site cause I have no clue how to do those things. I try hurry hurry > I need to clone myself to get things done faster. (just a joke)

BaronImpossible
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Nice slimey worm you got there. Certainly a "once in a lifetime" experience ;) Keep it up!

Zephyri
09-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi Fahrija.. lovely concept sketches, I'm truly envious of you ability to use both colour and texture so effectively! As far as the concepts themselves go, I'd say the third is the best so far, simply because the narrative is clear, but it has the potential to be something really unique and have that hold your breath wow factor. It also reminds me of a lot of those old sea tales of giant squid and sea serpents, the sort of thing you'd have sea shanties sung about. Lovely work so far, best of luck with it all.

beelow
09-07-2005, 10:25 PM
NIce color choice for the this concept, I will be waiting for updates, holla!:thumbsup:

ace4016
09-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I've been waiting for you to join. With the sea monster, I think just coming out for air is a great idea, but maybe have its head pointing up and increase its size greatly. Good luck:thumbsup:

MichaelZHsee
09-08-2005, 03:59 AM
nice conceptions~no worries mate~the creature/monster for the last one didnt actually look like penis~a slight lower angle would make some different dramaticly.keep it coming :thumbsup:

pushav
09-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Surprise! Great imagery. Spectacular concept.

monsitj
09-08-2005, 04:02 AM
yeha! nice to see you here again mate! concept look nice ! but I think you can add more scale to worm , make it bigggg ,it will awesome , good luck and have fun!

andreasrocha
09-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Yo Fahrija...Best of luck for this one. Your painting style really shows improvement. Great work. At the moment, the sketch I prefer most is the first one. It seems to have the grandest scale, color is balanced and its misterious. But, this has just begun, so I am sure you'll come up with something great.

CYA

createmai
09-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi "" fahrija
It's really nice color. Good luck
createmai

ElFuego
09-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi Fahrija :) Good collection of different ideas!

The last one is the best so far, but the "dust in the sun" looks spectacular...combining this sea monster with something really atmospheric stuff sounds like a plan to me :>

element5
09-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Hi there, you have some really cool images so far...looking forward to more :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
09-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Yup ..concept 3 is better...make it bigger...and i would definitely tranfer this to the future..or really back in time. meaning...either a left alone kick butt soldier on a army boat ...and work having cybertronic super duper implants....or....a wooden boat and a captain of a sunk pirate ship and worm veeeery growse and big....just my thoughts...;)

:bounce:

Fahrija
09-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Thank you very much for your comments and ideas, buddies. :thumbsup: I very much appreciate.
Ill post some new ideas very soon (I hope today in the evening). I think Ill go back to some more environment-things before I consider to go with sketch 3.

Thanks for you reply Queenie :love:
Simon :D
Zephyri Thank you very much for your comment on the images and for compliment. :blush:
hey ace! good to see you around.
sh@ke thanks dude, I must admit I worried a bit. :D
Hi Monsit, I see what I can do. Thanks for visiting!
ElFuego - yup you are right. I just not sure how to do that.
createmai and Mark thanks!
Dimi these are excellent suggestions my friend. Especially the future setting. Ill keep
that in mind for sure.

best regards
fahrija

NinjaA55N
09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
hello there buddy :D and most welcome to this challenge. I dont have much time right now, so just a quick hi from me. And yes, Im most interested in ur messy thumbnail sketches. So please dont hesitate to submit them :) good luck with ur entries!

walrus
09-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Good to see you back, Fahrija! Missed you last time around.

Some good concepts so far, 'though nothing's completely grabbing me yet. I know you'll push it farther! :)
Good luck!

-mike

Fahrija
09-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Good to see you back, Fahrija! Missed you last time around.

thanks Mike. You did great in the last challenge.

Some good concepts so far, 'though nothing's completely grabbing me yet.

I know what you mean. Still searching ...I ll see what I can do.

Hey Blaz, > thanks for stopping by and have fun at the workshop you WORKOHOLIC :D

fahrija.

W-I-L
09-09-2005, 01:12 PM
like the idea... could be great.. hope to see more of the same thing.. fits the theme really well i think

Fahrija
09-10-2005, 02:21 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126318868_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126318868_large.jpg)

SKETCH 4.0 ------ "mountain rescue mission"

O.k. like I mentioned before back to some environment concepts to try to deal with the topic. It shows a risky rescue mission of a survivor of a crash in the mountains. Below I attatched youll find the thumbnail sketch I made before messing around in OC4-Trial (for the first time) and Painter.

Tell me what you think.

fahrija

http://www.studioambrozus.de/cgtalk/Sketch%204.0TN.jpg

http://studioambrozus.de/cgtalk/Sketch%20-%204.0TNhttp://studioambrozus.de/cgtalk/Sketch%204.0TN

Rebeccak
09-10-2005, 02:59 AM
Ooh Fahrija!! Daddy like!!! :thumbsup:

beelow
09-10-2005, 03:08 AM
I Like this one better. I am loving the choices of color, compo seen to be working well!:thumbsup: Only thing is I would be more interested in the characters, Maybe do closer shots of the characters getting saved?:shrug:

monsitj
09-10-2005, 04:37 AM
nice palete ! and concept is good too!

Fahrija
09-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks for comments friends
hey beelow good point > will remember that.

fahrija.

umbrellasky
09-10-2005, 02:45 PM
yeah! cool idea, I really like this concept sketch the colours are great! Good luck :)

NOOB!
09-10-2005, 02:55 PM
hey,its looks like shit,i wud stop painting if i where u....

:D joke.

Fahrija
09-10-2005, 04:12 PM
hey,its looks like shit,i wud stop painting if i where u....

:D joke.

:eek: youve got some strange humor my friend....

NOOB!
09-10-2005, 04:15 PM
:eek: youve got some strange humor my friend....

or maybe u have none :thumbsup: :D

Ducklator
09-10-2005, 04:20 PM
nice sketchs... I want to see more...

Fahrija
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
or maybe u have none :thumbsup: :D

I sold it a while ago in ebay :D

BaronImpossible
09-10-2005, 04:32 PM
That's looking good, better than the worm. Good concept and the atmosphere is convincing.

ace4016
09-10-2005, 10:08 PM
This sure does look better then the worm. Hope to see those amazing meal textures in this one.

beelow
09-10-2005, 10:16 PM
originally posted by fahrija( i did this my self, because it is sad that I don't know how to put the originally posted thingy) I sold it a while ago in ebay :D
Damn! that was you that I bought that humor from!?

Miyagu
09-10-2005, 10:29 PM
hi fahrija - this looks awesome! :thumbsup: i love the colorscheme!

best of luck to you! :bounce:

Korline
09-11-2005, 05:56 AM
numero uno blows my mind, I think this is the best sketch I've seen so far, the one with the guy hanging, the proportions are of, I would stick with the first one, it is instant classic, love it, it's simple the light is just right, man you've nailed that thing

:twisted:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=275464

Ego
09-11-2005, 06:52 AM
*drools at the color scheme of #4.

Squibbit
09-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I think there should be more sense of danger i the final sketch,
for example the rescue craft could be damaged, it could be
caught in the middle of a flock of some birds, a bunch of which
would've been caught in the craft's jet engines, making them
malfunction. Also there could be like ten people dangling from
that rescue line instead of one. And the last one of them would
be on fire and the one before him would be trying to climb up
and awa from him or to kick him off , how bout that? :D

NinjaA55N
09-13-2005, 12:30 PM
hi there! both of ideas has the potential to be very spectacular, but I prefer the rescue mission a bit more.. why? well, I guess its in human nature to feel emotions when seeing something like that, specially at the sunset ;) I know what a BOOM was when one slovenian climber was caught in mounatins this days for a week or so. and he was on 6000m high, and it was very risky for a choper for going on that hight... well, when they finally saved him, the situation was nothing less than spectacular.

MichaelZHsee
09-14-2005, 01:52 AM
love where u are going with especially the latest piece~ very nice sketch and great sense of mood ~hehe,both squibbit and blaz have some interesting ideas too~:scream:

Fahrija
09-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the comments my friends. Ive made sketch 5.0 yesterday but didnt post it yet cause I dont think it is the right way to go. But it belongs to the process therefore I will post it anyway.(today after work)

Thank you also for your votes on the different sketches. :thumbsup:Ill stick with the RESCUE-Mission topic and will do some different approaches on this soon.

Squibbit
good to have you within this thread from time to time, buddy. You really help see things from different point of views. you are right - the rescue mission topic gives much more possibilities to show a more dramatic and spectacular scene. And the last ideas are great. In extreme situation people do extreme things (Like on the titanic and not to forget the-canibalism thing:)). I just wanted to nail the overall topic with the first sketch.

Blaz
thanks for the support. Yes...the sunset thing.. :).. has more a romantic touch rather a dangerous feel. And I have noticed a lot of entries in the last days wich use the same colour palette. I think I have to change it more into a bad-weather-at-day-situation. And good hint about the helicopter. I think it could be interesting to do some redesign on a helicopter into a scfi-vehicle.

Korline
thanks for your comment about the sketch 1.0 - I like it, too. But Im not sure about if it is the right thing. I cant say why...maybe because its just a common sandstorm.

Queenie
thank you very much.

Benita
hey! thank you for looking by. :thumbsup:

beelow
well...is it possible to get my humor back? Damn...never thought I would need it someday. :D

Ace
thanks dude. Ill see what I can do.

Simon
thanks for your comment and vote between the different sketches. very helpful to estimate which way to go. Good luck with your gorgeous image.

fahrija

Vectorius
09-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Hey yo Fahrija! good stuff! i like it... like suibbit say, you can maybe accentuate the drame...make the rescur mission more difficult.. likke adding some hostile elements..maybe that coulb be time of war..some enemy are fighting with another who defend the rescue mission..or just are shooting on it... aniway that's a good one and i like the atmosphere! good luck and see ya!:thumbsup:

MDN67
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Very good choice of color and good concept, i wait the suite

Rudeone
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
great stuff Fahrija :thumbsup: I agree with Fiolka, a rescue attempt in the middle of a brutal war would be very spectacular! panic, chaos everywhere.
If you would go with that theme I suggest to check out the game 'Killzone', I can't help but being reminded about that game when I think war and look at your sketch, it could be a great source of inspiration I think.
Keep it up!

Fahrija
09-14-2005, 06:12 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126721528_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126721528_large.jpg)

SKETCH 5.0 ----- "water thieves"

Here is sketch five Ive mentioned in my last post. It shows a huge space ship stealing water from a big river. the focus lies on the scale compared to the vast space in environment. I thought it could be a spectacular sight watching something unknown grabbing earths water.

I still stick on the rescue-mission topic cause it gives some more room to play with the things. But I thought I show you the concept anyway.

Tell me what you think fellows.

fahrija

Squibbit
09-14-2005, 06:18 PM
that river ending abrubtly looks cool, very nice idea... how about a whole lake...-
you could have an immense spaceship with protective hull opened up to reveal
giant transparent tanks where the stolen water would rise as a huge swirling pillar....

only then, would spectacular it be.

:thumbsup:

Fahrija
09-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Many thanks for your support - helps a lot.

Fiolka
thank you very much for your comment and thanks for the vote to go with the rescue topic.:thumbsup: I have to overwork the topic cause there are so many things possible. But maybe it definetley need some more problems during the rescue mission.

Hey Laurent,
how are you doing my friend? Thanks for your visit.

Rudeone
many thanks. Great suggestions. Ill have a look at Killzone. Thanks for the hint. I see what I can do.

fahrija

Fahrija
09-14-2005, 06:27 PM
that river ending abrubtly looks cool, very nice idea... how about a whole lake...-you could have an immense spaceship with protective hull opened up to reveal
giant transparent tanks where the stolen water would rise as a huge swirling pillar....
only then, would spectacular it be.:thumbsup:.

I also thought about a lake. Decided to cancel this in the beginning but you are right > it would look more spectacular. Your design suggestions are excellent (water tanks:buttrock:). Maybe there should be some more of them in the background but this would be to much.
Many thanks for your continious support. :bowdown:

fahrija.

Korline
09-14-2005, 06:44 PM
wow, it's just geting better, like the calm in this pic, but is like the calm before the storm,
still love #1, but now it's hard to chose
they both great :bounce: :bounce:

monsitj
09-14-2005, 06:53 PM
don't have any comment about your painting skill! awesome as always ! composition can't comment at this early stage, this painting remind me of your GSO entry! I have some point, now your concept is grand but look still maybe you interprete the topic different from me , try to add more action or movement to the image and make audience understand your image without reading..... good luck mate! I will come here again heheheh!:thumbsup:

anilduran
09-14-2005, 06:55 PM
good luck bro it seems impressive...

beelow
09-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Yeah, this is a good sketch! Maybe get in tighter and closer to the spaceship to see the water, being sucked in to the bottom of the ship, and put some people in the piece to view the spectacle and have the scale of the massive ship influence the idea, good luck!

Rebeccak
09-15-2005, 03:15 AM
Fahrija,

Awesome sketch! Can't wait to see what you do next! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

rawwad
09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi Fahrija

Last update looks great, fantastic style you have there. I like idea very, very, very much :)
If your final image will be look like this sketch, in best quality with great details, than It will be one spectacular ikon :)

Keep it up, I watching you

xric7
09-15-2005, 07:06 PM
very nice concept.cool comp and design.
i agreee with Squibbit.will turn to see next step.cheers.:thumbsup:

Squibbit
09-15-2005, 07:11 PM
river or lake, this looks great , i like the sketch more every day... so cool
with all the little houses n stuff... rockin, dude..

jddog
09-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Very interestic connection between structure space ship and Landscape... and the concept is unique ! :thumbsup: for this one !
jdd

R-K
09-16-2005, 03:08 PM
nice idea, grand scale to this one

tlggungor
09-16-2005, 07:30 PM
good concept:thumbsup:

Fahrija
09-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks again for response everybody. :thumbsup:
I will make one or two more sketches with different topics. But I think I better start a bit earlier with the selected theme than did last time. Currently Im thinking of detailing sketch 4.0 > rescue mission or in 2nd place sketch 5.0 > water thieves but Im not sure. Like Monsit mentioned sketch 5 is a bit to close to the GSO entry somehow.

----------------

Korline
thank you very much for your support and the voting. Im glad you like the environment sketches.

Monsit
thank also for compliment and dropping by again. :) the topic in needs a lot of rework to give it a bit more action. And Im not quite sure in wich way...
I hope youll have time to work on the challenge this time. Im curious to see your interpretation of this challenge topic.

Anil
thanks dude.

beelow
thats a good idea but also often a big problem to connect very, very big things with showing people. As you can see the ship is so big that the villages are just tiny points on the image. Showing people in a common sense often includes to zoom in but loosing the grandness. And otherwise it looks less emotional. The endless problem in my artworks :D

rebeccak
thank you very much. :)

rawwad
thanks dude. I see it the same way. thats why Im not sure to leave this one.

xric7, Ranath, -tolga-, jdog
thank you very much:thumbsup:

Hey Squib,
thanks dude for encouragement and continous support. :bowdown:

fahrija

Fahrija
09-17-2005, 12:23 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126916635_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1126916635_large.jpg)

SKETCH 6.0 ------- "the artefakt"

The topic in sketch 6.0 is about two climbers/adventurer finding a big artefakt of something unknown crashed into the mountains ages ago.

What do you think compared to the other skethes?

fahrija

the thumbnail sketch
http://studioambrozus.de/cgtalk/Sketch%206.0TN2.jpg

Squibbit
09-17-2005, 12:36 AM
fine, but

the water thieves rule

Luter
09-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi Fahrija,

You are on the way it seems. Nice to see the trip of your mind since the start of your work you are showing here. The final sketch you made is a logical suite..
No problems about your skills ! Yu make very good sketches. About the ideas and the theme I think the last one is the stronger : you bring the spectator in an adventure and it's very interesting, mysterious. Maybe now you could focus on the point of view. Maybe we can have the eyes of one of the characters, maybe we can be under this ship and have a close up on that ship...just an idea.. to feel this "spectacular" side.

JeroenDStout
09-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Just wanted to comment on the most recent sketch - that's my kind of spectacular! The sketch itself's been done before, I suppose, but the concept looks great!

beelow
09-17-2005, 02:08 AM
I love the previous idea, of the machine thingy stealing water, go with that one!:scream:

AntonioSantos
09-17-2005, 02:19 AM
water thieves all the way! :thumbsup:

but all of them are very good sketches!

zpapageo
09-17-2005, 03:25 AM
I really like this last one. Its just really ominous looking . The color and composition are great

MasonRoberts
09-17-2005, 06:48 AM
OMG... The last one is fantastic... If you don't go with that one... I'll, I'll... CRY!!! The light source is PERFECT! I love it man!!! Keep it up!

Sorry for the ramble, I just love it!

Squibbit
09-17-2005, 07:57 AM
gotta admit ... they do have a point with the light source and the
mysterious... but that's your fault , if u weren't so good it would
have just beeen some piece of crap in a cliffside.. but oh nooo,
Fahrija gotta make everything sooo shiny, sooo exciting, your fault man...

Fahrija
09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Luter
Thank you very much for your reply and for the encouragement. You are right about the POV > this topic gives much room for trying different variations especially regarding the point of view. Will add more spectacular feel to the mysterious side. Im not sure if Ill nail the topic in the right way but lets see where it leads me.

beelow and Antonio
thanks for voting, dudes:thumbsup:

Hey zanne
thanks for dropping by.

Mason
:) ...thank you for your encouragement.

Thanks for your vote Parrot. :thumbsup:Really different impressions on the sketches I must say.

Squib
gotta admit ... they do have a point with the light source and the
mysterious... but that's your fault , if u weren't so good it would
have just beeen some piece of crap in a cliffside.. but oh nooo,
Fahrija gotta make everything sooo shiny, sooo exciting, your fault man....
LOL - Dude...you rock da house!...thats for sure :buttrock:
thank you for compliment :blush:

fahrija

element5
09-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I like the latest one ...very nice :)

keko
09-18-2005, 03:48 AM
fantastic lighting! I love it. Can't wait to see more. good luck :thumbsup:

NinjaA55N
09-19-2005, 12:24 AM
I cant decided if I prefer that last one or the water thiefs one. Both r superb ideas amd I believe that u could bring both of them to spectacular images. The water one has more defined story, while I really like closed environment of the latest sketch, which makes that artifact even bigger than it probably is. those r my thoughts :)

sergioKomic
09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
The last concept, is the way to go Fahrija!!

(hey it worked for Lucas&Spielberg):bounce:

Fahrija
09-20-2005, 11:27 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1127258863_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1127258863_large.jpg)

SKETCH 7.0 ----"colony"

Hmm...the style got totaly out of control. Damn...I think Ive lost my flow. Where is my mojo? :eek:

mankind colonised a foreign planet to grab its precious resourses. But they didnt knew every 500 years the sky sets itself on fire...

belongs to the sketch-phase-process.

I think I have to decide decide between the thieves and the artefakt soon.

fahrija

agent bone
09-20-2005, 11:31 PM
I really like this one. Great color and lighting, it really sets the mood.

zpapageo
09-21-2005, 12:35 AM
This sketch is beautiful! Very evocative and a great composition.

MichaelZHsee
09-21-2005, 01:26 AM
another nice sketch~seeing ur progress so far,ur sketches came with good composition with great sense of light and mood study~!
but i think i prefer ur previous sketch.:Dkeep playing with it~i'm keenly anticipating for more:)

alfy
09-21-2005, 03:08 AM
Love the last sketch.. I agree... really nice colour and composition!

monsitj
09-21-2005, 04:24 AM
yes! nice sketch , I notice that your style is evolve from past challenge ! you level up again ! good work mate!

mannix8
09-21-2005, 04:59 AM
very good design

anilduran
09-21-2005, 10:34 AM
hi bro this enviroment seems really impressive.
i'l looking forward to concept...
good luck

Vahn
09-21-2005, 10:52 AM
great style you got there .... after looking trough all your ideas, i'd choose the water thieves .. its my favorite so far :D

LexLe
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Sketch as those
To me has liked
Only here to tell the truth
I do not understand the condition of competition
Who can will explain???
Forgive for my bad English
Success!

Fahrija
09-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Thank you very much for the comments and encouragements.

Blaz
thanks dude. your posts are allways very helpfull and your
comments allways accurate analysing the sketches. Very apprecitated:thumbsup:

Sergio
Man! this is a good point.

zanne, sh@ke, Anil, Vahn, element5
thank you very much for dropping by again:thumbsup:. I very much appreciate.

Monsit
special thanks
:bowdown:

Lexle
Dude...this is the strangest and funniest post Ive read in the last
weeks. :) but I think I know what you mean.
If you have still questions about the challenge I would recommend
to go to the FAQ: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=265998

mannix8, alfy, agent bone, keko
thanks buddies.

fahrija

LexLe
09-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the reference :)
Nobody wished to offend...:sad:
And I on mine have apologized, for the bad English.. :shrug:
I liked your sketch (very good light, and technics of painting) And work in gallery 2.
Once again thanks... :thumbsup:

Yours faithfully Alexander

Fahrija
09-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the reference :)
Nobody wished to offend...:sad:
I liked your sketch (very good light, and technics of painting) And work in gallery 2.

You are welcome.
Everything is fine - no offend at all. :thumbsup:
and thank you for compliment on the alien nomad. :)

good luck for the challenge in case you want to join.

fahrija

sergioKomic
09-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey, Fahrija!

Nice sketch, but I prefer the previous concept!

Thats about it!:thumbsup:

Fahrija
09-22-2005, 09:14 AM
yup! It is the better one.

thanks for dropping by again, dude.:thumbsup:

CG-AvangarD
09-22-2005, 10:13 AM
a stamp of "sparth" is very obious in ur work.looks great .fantastic work .keep it up!!!

rawwad
09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks Fahrija for your comment to my work!

I love your ideas too, last sketch looks great, fantastic colors.
If you create somenthing monumental with original idea,than you will be adept for winning this challange. I hope that we will make our works at time.

I look foward to see another great ideas :thumbsup:

Tibor.

Pierrick
09-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Really love your colours and contrast !! Great sketch ! :thumbsup:

BaronImpossible
09-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Overall I like your sketch. The craft in the background looks suitably huge and the details are quite convincing. I'm not keen on the big double tower to the left, it's too heavy on the eye IMO and divides the image. Still, nice job :)

NinjaA55N
09-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Hello Fahrija! Is always a pleasure to watch and comment ur thread :) That last one is a fine sketch as well, but I think u could better present the idea thru the image. For an example, there could be a better shown fire blaze in the back.. as if its coming towards to the civilisation, and in the first plan there r ships and stuff ready to take off and escape.. as in some movies (independance day I think is one of them), where some sort of nuclear explosion is in the space, and than the fire goes in circle around the point zero... if u understand :) keep up the great work dude! Love ur thread!

TheFirstAngel
09-24-2005, 12:56 AM
fantastic sketch with a great mood!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: hau rein!

Falcorr
09-24-2005, 06:16 AM
Best sketch so far :thumbsup: I really like the colors and the overall athmosphere.

But i know you can push it for even more spectacular concept. If you cant you can always work on that pic. There is still so much time.

2xbo
09-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Hi Fahrija. WOW. I lost your Thread. Sorry but tehy are to much to see. I like your last Pic. Looks COOL.
I'll close now to your project.
Nice work. Congrats.

xbo :scream:

walrus
09-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey, Fahrija! Like this new sketch a lot. Great light, wonderful, atmospheric feeling, it's quite lovely. But....

It's just not feeling spectacular enough to me. This feels amazing from our every-day early-21st-century perspective, but feels like it would be an every-day scene for the people who live in this world. There's not as much here as there could be to make it a once-in-a-lifetime event for the people who live in this world.

Just my thoughts on it. No matter what, I know you'll paint something cool!

-mike

artjunkie
09-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Dude! Your environments rock... love the warm tones in your colour theme too. Brilliant designs and nice compositions. Keep going man... you know what you're doing. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

asfalton
09-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Very Very Cool Design, Ill Be Watching Your Progress !

Neozoom
09-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Looks good buddy but I think you should try to find another idea than a "simple" landscape of futurist city and impressive buildings.

Or even If you try to keep this idea, work on : the angle of view, the colors etc to have more original view of this classic subject.

It 's just my opignion. Always liked your works Farija! Know you'll do something great again ;)

Fahrija
09-25-2005, 01:43 AM
A very big thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Didnt expect such a response. Thanks again. :)

Tibor
youre welcome. thank you for your encouragement, dude. Yes...lets get it done right on time.

Pierrick
hey thanks for dropping by.

Simon
the towers are a bit distracting indeed. they were smaller before but that looked strange too. the contrast of the towers (deep black/highlights) seems to support the separation additionaly. Hmm...difficult.

Blaz
Thank you very much for visiting my thread frequently.:thumbsup: Your ideas and comments are very helpful. The "sky-on-fire-thing" doesnt read very well in the sketch. Currently it looks just as an environment sketch with a bright sky.

Sascha
thank you. [Danke! Viel Erfolg und Gre in die Schweiz]

Falcor
thank you very much for encouragement. there is still much time left, you are right. I have one or two things I will give a try. I just I hope Ill not jump to late into the detailing phase like in the gso-challenge. This was really an exhausting experience.:D

2xbo
youre welcome. :)thanks for watching!

Michael
Good point! didnt see it like that before. I additionaly think the scene and the topic of this image are good for a sketch stage but Im also not sure if Im able to keep the image interesting in a detailed version. It might turn into a usual scene in bifocal perspective.

artjunkie
thank you for compliment. Ill try whats possible.

asfalton
thank you.

hey vincent
thank you for your the comment/estimation > very appreciated. I know what you mean. After some days now watching it I have a similar impression.

fahrija

Fahrija
09-25-2005, 02:00 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1127613611_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1127613611_large.jpg)

SKETCH 8.0 ---- "the calling"

I tried to build up a scene mixed with fantasy/scfi elements.

I primarily tried to capture the overall mood to see if it might work.

It definetley needs more rework.
e.g the bired/dragon needs a redesign. The posing and positioning are not quite good.
there could also be more life within the image.

Tell me what you think.

fahrija

beelow
09-25-2005, 08:12 AM
I like your choice of colors, man keep it up! check back lata!:thumbsup:

NinjaA55N
09-25-2005, 08:13 AM
hi buddy! donno why, but at the last sketch I didnt get the spectacular feeling. Could it be coz its small pic, and I dont get the whole grand feeling of a dragon or something, or coz the idea is too "simple" comparing to ur previous ones. Anyway, I think that whats missing here, is an element that will patrified the viewer a bit. If u could make the dragon more like its coming towards, more threatening, show the waving of its gigantic wings and due to than we will feel really small and weak compering to it, than I think there will be a spectacular feeling... but its just my opinion :) so u can completly ignore it.

R-K
09-25-2005, 08:51 AM
wow, looking nice. Good texture and colors. I like the reflections, nice scale to this one as well.

rawwad
09-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Great new sketch, Fahrija!

Enivoroments looks great, I like idea with river.
I dont know about flying creature, this one looks strange :D
But the background looks great, post-apocalyptic feeling in this :thumbsup:

Tibor.

Squibbit
09-25-2005, 10:52 AM
i see no shortage of cool sketches here either...
dunno what u should go with tho... maybe the waterthieves still, hehe,
i liked that much

element5
09-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Thats a nice composition and colour looks great....lots of depth :thumbsup:

PatrickJensen
09-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey Fahrija!

Perhaps if you went with this one...the sense of scale could be the spectacular aspect, so one option would be to really push the size of the dragon, how weak that little man appears below it, and how insignificant even the city around them is compared to this beast. That, would be spectacular.

But nonetheless, another fun sketch to look at. Nice work!

-

jbballaran
09-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Hi Fahrija. It's a great idea to mix the two themes, but itll be hard to achieve balance in the elements + composition. Your previous sketches were too sci-fi for me, so I like this one better.

Some crits: I think the dragon's too big and is taking the whole scene. This looks like a fantasy theme with the dragon being the main focus of the image, making the sci-fi buildings in the back look out of place. I dunno your intentions yet for the scene, perhaps you're going to achieve the balance with the design of the dragon, make it look fantasy+sci-fi at the same time. And I think the foreground that the dude's standing on needs more elements. It's too ordinary looking.

Suggestion: Why not play around with some reflections of the dragon in the water... Make it seem like there are two dragons in the scene since you're planning to do two different themes...

Cool sketch. Goodluck.

MichaelZHsee
09-26-2005, 03:16 AM
i echoed Tonsen and ahbeejieh,both of them make some good point for it:)especially the reflection of the dragon on the water~great choice of colors overall!keep it coming:scream:

Slav
09-26-2005, 06:40 PM
i commend you on this last update. its really wonderful! ... enough siad. ... well nothing more to say aside MORE UPDATES!

TheFirstAngel
09-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Awesome! keep on rocking! love your latest update, fantastic colors, great composition cant wait to see more!
keep on rocking!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LexLe
09-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Sketches #3 #5 #7 and #8 have very much liked
Atmosphere, color, idea, :thumbsup:
So what of sketches you will continue??
Yours faithfully :)

Fahrija
09-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Thank you for the great response on the latest sketch. Currently a lot of work slowed down the process. Sorry for the late reply.

beelow
thank you.

Blaz
The dragon-thing broke my neck in this sketch. I have a good feeling concerning the background and the foreground elements but the dragon (or whatever there might be in the end) doesnt look spectacular indeed. didnt came out like I had in mind.
Who am I ignoring objective comments on my sketches. Never ever. :)

Raine
hey, thank you for visiting.:thumbsup:

Tibor
your welcome, dude.
I see it the same way. the dragon is suboptimal within the scene.

Squib
I gradually have the same problem wich way to go now. thats why Im still throwing sketches into the round. hmm....water thieves could be the way. ;)

Mark
thank you

Patrick
good suggestions. Ill have to focus on that if I go with this one.

John
hey thanks for the detailed reply. :thumbsup:
yes, the last sketches were a bit more scfi. I tend to do those kind of themes currently.:)
Im not sure if it would be a good idea to scale the dragon down. I have the impression this would decrease a spectacular feel. But you nailed the problem I had. Its the collision of the background elements and the dragon. I have to check this out anyway. The water reflection suggestion is very good and the idea of a mixed scfi/fantasy creature, too.

sh@ke
yup, I agree, too.
thank you, dude.

Slav
thank you very much for encouragement.

Sasha
Thank you, dude. Ill do my best. :buttrock:

Alexander
This is a very good question.
Im not sure at the moment but I want to choose between
4,5,6,8. I have to decide fast.

fahrija

Squibbit
09-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Squib
I gradually have the same problem wich way to go now. thats why Im still throwing sketches into the round. hmm....water thieves could be the way. ;)

or dragon thieves... or water thieving dragons with big spaceships...
or water thieves fighting dragons.. or... dragons passing judgement
on waterthieves in an ancient temple in a mountainside.. or..

Fahrija
09-27-2005, 10:02 PM
or dragon thieves... or water thieving dragons with big spaceships...
or water thieves fighting dragons.. or... dragons passing judgement
on waterthieves in an ancient temple in a mountainside.. or...

LOL !! :applause:

hmm...the last one seriously sounds like a very good option. :D

LexLe
09-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Greetings
Nevertheless I like a sketch #8
In it is both mood and light
And in general I like all flying creatures:)
As fishes for example:)
Success!

sergioKomic
09-28-2005, 05:25 PM
So, are you starting one?

huh? Are you?

Cmon!

Please?

MoonVisionStudio
09-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Really great mood on this concept! Your color is awesome!

grobouk
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
congratulations, i love the aspect of your picture and the design of the flying creature

Fahrija
10-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Needed a little time out to get some distance from the topic. I think it makes no sense to pull some other distracting ideas and decided to focus on two topics. The waterthieves at first and the artefact topic in case I realize I can not bring the waterthief theme to an interesting conclusion.

Thank you very much for the feedback so far. I will come up with the first stuff soon.

Lexle
thanks for your comment dude. I have an different idea for the 8th sketch I would like to use outside the challenge field.

sergio
answer above. Thanks for pushing. :)

Jose and grobouk
thank you very much for your comments.

fahrija

MasonRoberts
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I love everything except the dragon work on his pose, it's not right somehow? Good luck!:scream:

andreasrocha
10-25-2005, 06:28 AM
Very nice, Fahrija. Colors are great, and the overall texture you achieved really rocks! The only thing lacking, in my opinion, is a supporting story, and perhaps the elements need some adjustments in composition to balance it more. For example, the dragon and the figure are centered along a vertical line, leading the viewer's eye along a vertical. Perhaps moving these elements could make a diagonal which is more dynamic.

Keep it up!

Arctis
10-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Good textures, like if it was watercolor.
That suits especially well to the background ;however for me, the foreground and the dragon need to be more defined, in order to create a contrast, a depth.
Good luck

Slav
10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
hey mate. i like the new update but it seems the that flying creatures right wing is a bit too large... or long. either way i felt the need to point that out.

the colors are soothing and aside that i think you got yourself a nice piece. :)

SquishMe
10-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi there
I really like the flying creature picture, I hope you go with it. I think the mood is great. Here are my thoughts on it:

* Has the destruction of the city got something to do with the creature? Did the "dragon" destroy them with fire?
* There needs to be something to give the scale of the creature - foreground elements, reflections/shadows...
* There needs to be a link between the creature and the human. Is he/she scared of it/calling it/hunting it? Is it saving/ignoring/hunting the human?
* The background sky is a bit bright, considering that there are lights in the forground.
* Perhaps a subtle moon or another creature far away in the sky. Is there more than one, or is it a freak of nature?
* Perhaps lowering the camera would give a better sense of the spectacular.

Anyway, just my humble opinion.
Really cool, I will enjoy watching this one.

DeeVad
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I Just say Waaaaoooooooooooo
Your work is amazing, I really like the way you brush your concept, I just hope that fine rendering will not crash your incredible style.

NinjaA55N
10-26-2005, 05:00 PM
just dont wuit man.. I hope u r not thinking about that. I understand u that u need some distance from the theme, get new strengths and than come back with full power :) I'll be waiting, hehe..

Falcorr
10-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Have you quit?

Where are all the beatiful updates!? MAAAN! GET BACK HERE! :bounce:

Ok just relax :)

Fahrija
10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1130780190_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1130780190_large.jpg)

WATER THIEFES - Composition test

Sorry for the less updates and for the replies on the last sketch. Im not very pleased with the topics I figured out but Ill try to get this entry finished.

Well, concerning the waterthief topic I made two thumbnail scribbles to figure out wich seems to be nice to go with. The vertikal one looked promising somehow. Ill post the first stage of the line drawing shortly after this post.

Let me know what you think.

thank you very much in advance.

fahrija

Fahrija
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
falcor, Blaz, DeVad, Squish me, Slav, Arctis, Andreas + Monsit

thank you very much for your comments and encouragements.
And thanks for pushing! I very much appreciate.

No quiting behaviour this time. Im not happy with my stuff but
Ill try everything to get it finished.

fahrija

Fahrija
10-31-2005, 05:11 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1130782314_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1130782314_large.jpg)

WT - LINE ART - stage 1

Like mentioned before the first stage of the line drawing. The look of the setting supposed to be similar to the canadian nature. The big ship fixes itself with laser pointers during water transport. Infront you can see the indications of a person who drops his bucket with fishes and also the sinking water line.

More line-drawing details are coming soon. Also some more designs on the big ship and the foreground part.

fahrija

Falcorr
10-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Glad to see you back in the game :thumbsup:

Little push once in a while to get you going again :)

Hey it seems youre going with the water thieves. I had to look through the whole thread to find the first picture. My ideas which you can use or you can dump would be that the all water would have actually been drained already. That huge ship would be full of water. Moist surface with small leaks coming from the ship. So as contrasting subject matter you could actually do the normal landscape without any water. Just empty hole... Starting to dry up and crackle.

Well its your work. Good luck!

R-K
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
put the camera a bit lower so that you get strong 3 point perspective. Might add drama to this and dodge the.. stillness issues.

The first sandstorm concept is still the best, I love those colors.

sergioKomic
11-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Go go go Fahrija!

LexLe
11-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi Fahrija! :)
With returning! Idea good :thumbsup: but I think, that it is necessary to change
Composition with vertical on horizontal! (though it can be
Only my opinion) :shrug:
I like very much your work!
Good luck, buddy ! :)
Excuse for my bad English...

NinjaA55N
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Im so glad to see u r back! So lets say something about this new lineart... I mush say that I dont feel the power of the machine in the back, although its still just some lines put on the paper. Ur previous color sketches were much more conviencing. It could be that the perspective is too casual... What about if u leave the same story, its just that u show it in a whole another way... a view where the camera is pointed to a kid looking at the water (drinking a water, being on his knees) and he sees a reflection of that giant machine on the surface.. so its not so directly shown... a kid.. a machine.. stealing the water.. but that u try to camouflage it a bit. Just a suggestion :)

Tranchefeux
11-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi, Fahrija, good fantastic concept, good luck.
E.T :cool:

beelow
11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Nice going with the water thieves theme good luck with it dude!:thumbsup:

Fahrija
11-06-2005, 08:43 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1131313414_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1131313414_large.jpg)

Topic Change > RESCUE MISSION from Sketch 4.0

I was more than displeased with the water thief topic. The composition/topic was to much the way my gso-entry looked like and I had the feel to make something different. Thats why I switch to the concept of sketch 4 and the topic makes more fun to me. I also never designed my personal version of an helicopter for example :)

Ill try to give the sky/background a similar look like in the old paintings of Cole and Turner. More dramatic rather than realistic.

regards
fahrija

here is sketch 4.0 I made weeks ago for
those who dont want to go back the thread

http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/18_Sketch%204.0-linkjpg

rawwad
11-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey, man! I see that you have some problems with choice of idea for spectacular. I think, that everyone your skech and idea is great. Most I like one with huge country and big ship in middle, but this rescue scene is very good too. :thumbsup:

Squibbit
11-06-2005, 11:49 PM
still juggling with the concepts, friend ?

tick. tock. tick. tock. -goes the old grandfather clock ,haha

MichaelZHsee
11-07-2005, 03:32 AM
another great concept,i hope u could finished the challenge since we have a month left.:scream:

Fahrija
11-08-2005, 09:48 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1131490088_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1131490088_large.jpg)

RESCUE: LineArt_Detail_stage01

This is stage_01 of the lineArt of the helicopter as it will be in the final image including a very rough sketch of the side view.
I know there isnt much time left but its worth to spend some time on the helicopter and the persons cause the environment will not be as complicated (I very much hope that) as you can see in the initial sketch.

Comments are very welcome.

regards
fahrija

Fahrija
11-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Thank you very much for your comments.

Tibor
Im glad you dropped by and thanks for the comment. Yes, I definetley had problems in choosing what to do. Next time I really have to change the challenge approach.

Squib
Hey buddy - yeah, the time is running fast now. I hope will make it. I see youve got the same problems over there in choosing a topic for detailing. Which one will you choose to go with?

sh@ke
thanks for your comment dude. Ill do my best.

Thanks also for the comments on my previous concept. Excuse me for jumping around the different themes. :blush:

beelow, tranchefeux, Blaz, Sergio, LexLe, Tibor, Falcor > thank you very much

fahrija

sergioKomic
11-16-2005, 09:48 AM
I go away for a few posts..... and wow!

Niiice work fahrija ! :bowdown:

Squibbit
11-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Squib
Hey buddy - yeah, the time is running fast now. I hope will make it. I see youve got the same problems over there in choosing a topic for detailing. Which one will you choose to go with?

haha, not yet, dude, not yet :p

LexLe
11-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi Fahrija!
Up to the end there was not enough time
Go! Go! I look forward to updatings!
I like very much your work!
Good luck, buddy! :thumbsup:
Excuse for my bad English...

NinjaA55N
11-25-2005, 02:06 PM
hi my friend! Whats uzp? no new updates for a while now. com'on, u have still some days left. Ur concept and sketces r great so no need to wait hehe :D

Fahrija
11-26-2005, 01:06 AM
double post.....sorry :)

fahrija

Fahrija
11-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Line Art: 21_Final LineArt.jpg

http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132970766_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132970766_large.jpg)

O.k. Some days to go :)

here is the final line art of my rescue mission topic. I changed the bottom scene. three climbers trying to escape from an evil creature. They called the rescue. Will they be saved right on time? Lets see.....

sorry for the lack of updates, replies, participation.....everything.

fahrija

http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/23_Final-LineART-Detail1.jpghttp://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/23_Final-LineART-Detail1.jpghttp://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/23_Final-LineART-Detail1.jpg
http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/22_Final-LineART-Detail1.jpg

http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/23_Final-LineART-Detail2.jpg

Fahrija
11-26-2005, 01:13 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132971190_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132971190_large.jpg)

O.k > starting to get in touch - not very spectacular yet. Trying to see where the color setting might be.

Fahrija

Fahrija
11-26-2005, 01:17 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132971468_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132971468_large.jpg)

going further.......one more post for today.

Fahrija
11-26-2005, 01:20 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132971657_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1132971657_large.jpg)

Thats it for today - trying to do more overall work next and then to the fun part > detailing the helicopter and then hopefully to the less fun stuff > the people. :sad:

Today Im off for a while but - If nothing goes wrong I would say I try everything to get it finished >> Im in "challenge-mode" :)

I wish you all a lot of fun in the finishing phase.

fahrija

edit: changed text > I googled combat > a rather harsh word - you are right linda. :)

Lync
11-26-2005, 02:13 AM
Combat mode huh? That's a rather apt way of putting it ;)

I love what you have done so far. I especially like your choice of colours with the light in the background. You definitely have a solid base from which to work, from concept, to lines, to composition and colours.

Go the combat mode! And good luck on finishing in time :)

MichaelZHsee
11-26-2005, 03:42 AM
lovely~i dig the composition,might wanna define more on the character:)its gonna be great,i can tell and finish it in time ya:thumbsup:

LexLe
11-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Hi Fahrija!
The color scale is pleasant! :thumbsup: :bounce:
It is necessary to hasten! And me by the way too...
Success to you!
Would write more but very badly at me with English : (
Yours faithfully
Alexander

rawwad
11-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Great scene! I like colors and idea, but most I like design of helicopter, keep great working and finshed it at time :thumbsup:

Fahrija
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
tibor
thank you very much for showing up. Im glad you like the design of the heli. :)

LexLe
thank you very much for your comment, dude. No problem concerning the english
language. I very much appreciate your post. I wish you also good luck on the finishing line.

sh@ke
thanks dude - the characters will be hard to do but I hope youll like them. You do
a great job with your entry - good luck!

Linda
thank you for your encouragements - I hope I can keep the look and the colors of the current stage nto the final image.

regards
fahrija

Fahrija
11-28-2005, 10:35 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133177754_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133177754_large.jpg)

the next little step. It is not very much but I will work continously on the image today. Ive given everything a little bit more shape.

regards
fahrija

Fahrija
11-28-2005, 11:50 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133182232_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133182232_large.jpg)

working on the heli - close up of the backpart.

regards
fahrija

Squibbit
11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
you're really good with lighting, that closeup looks great :thumbsup:

zpapageo
11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Hey Fahrija, Great progress on this pic. You have an excellent sense of composition and color. The helicoptor design rocks.

Fahrija
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey Squib and Zpapageo .....thank you guys. :bowdown:

fahrija

Fahrija
11-28-2005, 03:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133195313_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133195313_large.jpg)

o.k - heres another update of the helis back. I move on to other parts today.

best regards
fahrija

Fahrija
11-28-2005, 08:43 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133214191_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133214191_large.jpg)

last update today....for tommorrow I want to finish all helicopter parts to move on to the other foreground elements.

the sky should get an unnatural but familiar look. A mixture of classic paintings meets Final Fantasy Movie Backgrounds.

Some suggestions on the rocks would be helpful....especially as regards the detailing. Im not sure about the texture, lightning and saturation also.

regards
fahrija

beelow
11-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Great stuff dude! I love the design of the chopper and the light enchanting, great stuff, hope to see this one finished good luck!:thumbsup:

Fahrija
11-29-2005, 10:14 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133262869_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133262869_large.jpg)

I made some more details on the whole mountain struktures to adjust the surrounding with the helicopter in terms of detail level.

I will give the surrounding a bit more shape and will do the final adjustments to the several helicopter parts before starting to give the people more shape.

the most difficult part at least.

Feel free to leave some comments

regards
fahrija

TheFirstAngel
11-29-2005, 12:04 PM
hey mate
this is a fantastic piece, the heligopter design royally rocks and the mood is fantastic.
As for the detailing, nice work on the rocks.

Just a small thing, take care you don't loose dephg with detailing, the little rock on the right side under the helicopter actually pushes strongly forward, wich causes sort of an "escher effect", looks like the botom is behind the scene and the top in front of it. maybe reduce the contrast a slight bit on it or give the foreground a bit harder shadows to adjust the fogamount/contrast range of the scene.

hope tat made sense. keep up the great work, rock on!:beer::buttrock:

rawwad
11-29-2005, 12:06 PM
I see its going so great! Fantastic coloring on helicopter and background, keep your speed and finsh this at time :thumbsup:

Fahrija
11-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Tibor and Sascha

Thank you very much for encouragement and commenting on my image:thumbsup:> very much appreciate. Ill try to keep up the speed but I sure will get slow when it comes up to draw the people. Thanks for the hint concerning the rock in the midground - tried to fix that issue.

best wishes
fahrija

Fahrija
11-29-2005, 02:02 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133276526_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133276526_large.jpg)

Next little step. I have worked on several little details and adjustments over the whole image (depth, color>scene connections, mountain shapes, ...)

Argh...still a lot of work to do.

I have to do some more work at the background of the image - better now than later. The sky below the helicopter doesnt look quite similar to the top. This devides the image a bit. And still struggling with the two big mountain-shapes. they dont look like I would love them to look like.

Still didnt make any work on the helicopter. I realized the environment still cant compete due to lack of detail.

Comments are very welcome.

regards
fahrija

Squibbit
11-29-2005, 02:08 PM
good stuff, keep it up

if u get it ready in good time, could add vultures or other birds or sumthin..

Fahrija
11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133293776_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133293776_large.jpg)

next step > restructured the sumit in the foreground and cleaned up many little things in the background cause I had the feeling that it was a bit to distrurbed in the thumbnail version.

As regards the composition the people will be seen much clearer I hope.

Changed a lot of little things around again.....and continuing

tell me what you think.

fahrija

Korline
11-29-2005, 10:13 PM
hi there,
pretty awsome image, the chopper is fabulous :thumbsup:
the only thing, that the scale of the climbers on the peak is little of, I may be wrong,
but it's just seems like they should be smaller compering to the surrandings :)
otherwise it's great pic :bounce:
cheers :cool:

MichaelZHsee
11-30-2005, 12:55 AM
fantastic rendering for the chopper~keep it going mate~looking real strong here:scream:

TheFirstAngel
11-30-2005, 01:49 AM
great progress! keep on rocking!!! go go go! :buttrock:

Atris
11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi!
I like your idea. The excellent design of the chopper. The very good atmosphere. It seems to me, there has not got enough the sense of the wind from the chopper here a little. And maybe add some dust's spin. Good luck! :)

Fahrija
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Thank you very much my friends for your continious visits into my entry - this really helps pushing forward. :thumbsup:

Korline
thanks for your comment. I know what you mean about the scale. but it should look like if the sumit with the people is right in the foreground. Maybe I have to push the other things a bit more behind to prevent this impression.

sh@ke -thank you very much. this is pure encouragement.

Sascha - Ill try everything :buttrock:good workflow to you also !

Sergey
thank you for compliment. the wind is a very good reminder > I almost forgot about this. You are right I have to implement this impression somehow.

Im off for today but coming with full time tomorrow. May the painting force be with all of you.

fahrija

BaronImpossible
11-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Looking great, the craft reminds me a bit of Jim Burn's stuff. The blue splash of colour works well. Not sure about the guys, I'm thinking it needs a bit more action /atmopshere in the lower half, but you haven't finished it yet so I could be jumping the gun.

sergioKomic
11-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Looking very good so far... :thumbsup: (are you gonna make it? )

Lync
12-01-2005, 07:39 AM
The restructured rock in the foreground works a lot better now. Good work. My only comment would be the striking blue on the helicoper. Because there is no other blue in the image (at this stage anyway), I find my eye is drawn to it and that becomes the main focus of your painting. Just something to think about.

DimitrisLiatsos
12-01-2005, 07:44 AM
That Heli...is kicking butt$ ..now put on the fahrija drawing machine on the move..i am pretty sure u can finish this on time man! :arteest: :bounce: :bounce:

Fahrija
12-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Thank you again for pushing my friends, I just can repeat myself its very appreciated. Im working on the background (made a brush in photoshop which helps nicely). I also will start with the people today. the next image post will come this day for sure.

Simon
for sure it needs some more action. Painting characters are not my favorite kind of scene thats why it still looks like nothing but you are right in case the scene has to work it needs more action at the bottom of the image.
btw - dude I love the way you make the rocks/mountains your images. I very well remember your m&s image.

Hey Sergio > man....I hope so :arteest: Good luck with your image dude.

Hi Linda,
I will add some more lightning effects wich hopefully will change the current impression :)
thank you very much for your comment on this.

Dimi my friend,
good to see you here. thanks for the compliments on the heli. The "turbo-mode" is ON :)

regards
fahrija

Neubius
12-01-2005, 01:28 PM
loving your your peice, have you considered some kind of atmospheric buffeting ( :/ ? ) from the down draft/blades? y'know dust clouds and stuff. will definatley add movement.

following with interest :)

kiboSVK
12-03-2005, 10:02 AM
I love your colours research nice pic Keep it up:thumbsup:

Fahrija
12-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Thank you Thomas and Neubius for commenting!

Just a quick reply .... I worked a lot on the image the last two days. final coloring will come tommorow. I will do some little tweaks during sunday and hopefully submit the final version on monday morning. :)

regards
fahrija

Falcorr
12-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey!

Helicopter looked great in the closeup :thumbsup:
But im afraid you wont have enough time to finish this picture to equal level of detail around the picture.

Here is my panic advice for you. Just be brute and crop most of the excess picture away.. Unless you arent 80% sure that the background looks cool.

Hope you finish in time!

Fahrija
12-04-2005, 08:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133731731_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133731731_large.jpg)

As mentioned - heres the final coloring.

As you can see Ive worked a lot on detailing the environment structure.

Hi Falcor
thanks for posting :thumbsup: - I hope it quite matches the details compared
to the helicopter. Your panic plan was a great idea but I hope the current
outcome doesnt make it neccessary.

Ive also worked a lot on the people but for the final coloring I thought it
could be intersting to see the scene without action elements in the foreground.

Let me know what you think. Im posting a final image very soon -
Currently Im doing some tweaks around the image.

fahrija

Fahrija
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133737631_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8388/8388_1133737631_large.jpg)

Story: "The Rescue on Kandhar"

A group of six adventurers chartered a spaceship to Kandhar. The legend has it that
deep down in the jagged environment of the planet prospers an orchid which extends
the live of each person who eats one of its flowers.

But what they found was real pain. Three of them died on the ground and the others
are desperatley trying to climb on higher ground after alerting the pilots on their
spaceship to rescue them. The showdown takes place on the sumit of a rock. Death
and rescue at close quaters.

(detail images below)

Fahrija
12-04-2005, 11:12 PM
I would like to thank everybody for watching, helping, commenting and also encouraging me to get my final image done throughout the last three month of the challenge.

Very special thanks to those who came frequently :bowdown:

Squibbit, beelow, NinjaASSN, sh@ke, LexLe, sergioKomic, rawwad, NOOB!, Falcor, the 1st_angel, monsitj, Baron Impossible, Rebeccak, Ranath, Korline, zpapageo, element5, ace4016, walrus, Slav, anilduran, Mason Roberts, DimitrisLiatsos, tolga, Queensoul, andreasrocha, enialadam, Lync, The Parrot, Tonsen, DeeVad, alfy, W!L, grobouk, mannix8, Tranchefeux, SquishMe, xric7, asfalton, keko, 2xbo, Neubius, agent bone, Rudeone, Neozoom, pushav, AntonioSantos, Vahn, Atris, CG-AvangarD, tomas slobodnik, Arctis, paperclip, artjunkie, ElFuego, Fiolka Alexandre, Luter, Pierrick, Zepyhri, Ducklator, ahbeejieh, dunkelgold, MDN67, Jose Pardo, jddog, createmai, fooxoo, CodeNothing

Good luck to everyone and see you around in the forum

kind regards
fahrija

And as usual - to whom it may concern - the playlist during the finishing line:

full albums:
Star Wars - Episode III OST
Element Eighty - element eighty

single songs:
breaking benjamin - so cold
alkaline trio - time to waste
disturbed - stricken
institute - bullet proof skin
starsailor - four to the flour
death cab for cutie - soul meets body
zoot woman - grey day
ascii disco - immer
milu - du bist schn
Korn - did my time
SCSI9 - all she wants is
DJ T. - EP Galaga (label: get physical)
Tommy Nevada - EP night becomes day (label: elp)

some detail images:

http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/38_Final%20Image_detail%2001.jpg

http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/38_Final%20Image_detail%2003.jpg

http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/38_Final%20Image_detail%2002.jpg

http://fahrijavelic.com/CGNetworks/SPEChallenge/38_Final Image_detail 05.jpg

Kamjar
12-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Wow sweet.

Congrats on finnishing yoor painting.

Those mountains are looking sooo good. The texture on them is so realistic. I love the lighting.

Cheers Kam

monsitj
12-05-2005, 01:34 AM
nice coloring skill as always! good job and congratulation for finished it ! good luck man!

Squibbit
12-05-2005, 02:13 AM
awesome job , dude , so fast u made it so cool

:bounce::bounce:

LexLe
12-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi Fahrija !
My congratulations!
Fantastic idea (concept), history, color!
Excellent technics!
Good Luck buddy!

Steve-h
12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks Fahrija, I didn't know you'd finished, excellent work! Nice details. Very nice helicopter

Atris
12-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi! Congratulations on your final image! The very good job! I really like your work! I wish you good luck and success! :)

LadyMedusa
12-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Really nice job :)
I spechally like the design on the chopper

Good luck :)

R-K
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
omg the vehicle is TEH BEST RENDERED THING FOR AGES.

zpapageo
12-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Fahrija, fantastic finish. The detailing and texture are excellent. The design of the chopper is great. This piece reminds me of those great old model airplane box covers that showed the plane in action. Very, very good work. Congrats on finishing and good luck in the judging.

Fahrija
12-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Kamjar, Monsit, Panu, LexLe, Steve, Sergey, Valentina, Raine, Zanne

Thank you very much for your kind words to my image. Very much
appreciated - I would like to wish you good luck for the judging phase
my friends.

Thanks also for the overwhelming response to the helicopter design.
Im very glad you like it. :thumbsup:

fahrija

Slav
12-06-2005, 07:11 PM
man that's some serious rock textures right there. great image mate and best of luck. :)

what else can i say... good job?

cheers.

walrus
12-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey, great job, Fahrija! You managed to surprise all of us, I think. We knew they would be rescued, but the creature you threw in there at the last minute... never saw that coming. Anyhow, greaty job rendering throughout - the copter, the rocks... great work again, my friend! Congrats.

-mike

Fahrija
12-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Hey Slav and Mike,

thank you very much for your kind words.:thumbsup:

Youve got the point Mike - three victims are enough to pay for such an naive trip for searching the grail wich just exist in human minds and allways made them do things which are far beyond the pale - but I left it a bit open for the third person. The creature is too close at him to get out fully untouched. :)

fahrija

TheFirstAngel
12-07-2005, 12:27 AM
hammer final! wow! hehe, knew you'll finnish this with the brilliance i'm used to from your works :) best of luck and congrats again on your kick ass entry! :beer:

MichaelZHsee
12-07-2005, 02:05 AM
i'm with angel here~great finish mate~best of luck:thumbsup:

Fahrija
12-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi Michael and Sascha thank you for dropping by, dudes.
I had to take a week off to make sure to finish it. Thanks for the kind words again :bowdown:

[Schade das es nicht geklappt hat mit deinem Beitrag - ein HM wre dir sicher gewesen]

fahrija

sergioKomic
12-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Congrats man!:thumbsup:

rawwad
12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Fantastic! It looks great, I like there everything, design, colors, atmosphere, style,... really everything :D Congratz and Good luck man!

Vectorius
12-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Good luck Fahrija and thanks for your support along this challenge, see you around and maybe at the next one.:)

LexLe
12-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Very GOOOOOOD WORK!
I've come just to wish you a good luck in judgment process!
GO TO VICTORY!

ChrisThatGuy
12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Looks very good. That guy at the bottom is going to get eaten. :)

Fahrija
12-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Sergio
thank you dude. Youre most welcome:thumbsup:

Tibor
thank you very much for your comment my friend. It was a pleasure to watch your thread. Im a big fan of artworks containing designed elements. :thumbsup:

Hey Fiolka,
thanks - next challenge sounds good. :) See you there!

LexLe
my friend thanks for your comment - it was nice to meet you here in the challenge

Chris
yes - I think that also:)

thanks again for your kind words :thumbsup:

fahrija

anilduran
12-11-2005, 12:16 PM
That enviroment is deeply interesting and the concept seems frightening. I like this image.

good lucks bro

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2005, 12:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.