PDA

View Full Version : My latest demo reel

brianellebracht
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Hello. I wanted to post my latest lighting and texturing demo reel. There are a few clips that are in here for other things, animation and matchmoving, but mostly lighting and or texturing. Couldn't have done it without the help of the cg team at GTN or Digital Image. THanks!
Brian Ellebracht

Its kinda big, 70mb, didn't have time to make a sm version yet.

http://www.bendreality.com/portfolio/lighting_demo_07_05_lg.mov

BTW Just wanted to let you guys know that I just accepted a position at Blue Sky studio!

fx81
09-08-2005, 07:41 PM
hey thats a great reel :thumbsup: , i dont understand why there arent more responses to this... this is as good as front page material

the lighting is realy spot on, what renderer did you use mostly like in the last one with the mustang ?

over all i love the reel :thumbsup: 5*****

brianellebracht
09-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks alot for the reply. I am a maya user, and 99% of this reel was rendered with MR. Thanks again,
Brian Ellebracht

shakii
09-08-2005, 08:00 PM
5 stars no less!!

blz
09-08-2005, 08:22 PM
awesome stuff.
mad skills, i like the pace f this demoreel aswell, nice clip

Silentstep
09-08-2005, 09:12 PM
That reel is really good. The only thing is that it is hard to know what is your work and what isn't. I would put a shot listing with that reel, on the bottom of each sequence. Because some of the cars in their enviroments look so realistic I don't know if you did the background or just the car, and the car is real in some shots like that jeep near the end. I was like, did he do the lettering, and is the car real? I had to keep guessing. Very nice work. Did you send them a seperate shot listing?

brianellebracht
09-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Hello. I did send a very very detailed shot list, something like 3 pages long. But, to make a long story short, I did do all lighting on all of the shots, except for the jeep eagle shot (that was only matchmoving, the rest was done in flame) and the first opening impala shot, I helped with the lighting and animation but others worked on lighting as well. I lit everything else , enviorments and cars, (except for the hand held video stuff,(no enviorments on that ). I also did 95% of the texturing, I didn't texture the Tires and wheels on the Michelin pieces, just the cars and the enviorments. Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Brian Ellebracht

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2005, 10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.