PDA

View Full Version : Wire attribute problem in Max 5

tazmanian
11-06-2002, 09:34 AM
I am a beginner for charactor rigging.... (max bones ) . i search for tutorial in the web and i couldnt find a best tutorial. I saw some tutorials abt charactor rigging in max 5 user Tutorial .
i read them and went through bone setup ..... and Set the IK goals .... finaly i came to the Wire attribute .... in the tutorial file.... i get stucked in the Wire attribute
(any body use max 5 - can find the charactor Rigging tutorial in the tutorial file)
pls see the attachment: Highlight section

1. I finish Add Custiom attribute
2. i right click the object and > in my quad menu i cant find a modifier object and no other menus . ( i couldnt find my custom addributes there )
im very confused in this section.

some one can help me .... to continue study char rigging... Please !!!!!!!!!

tazmanian
11-06-2002, 09:39 AM
oops.... sorry ..
Path is
3ds max 5 Tutorial > chatactor Rigging > Rigging the Legs and Feet

Iain McFadzen
11-06-2002, 10:18 AM
In Max5 you can add the Custom Attributes to their own modifier, called Custom Attribute Holder or some such, so that you don't have to go the bottom of the stack every time you want to animate the CA. The modifier isn't actually installed as standard though, it's a scripted modifier and you have to manually install it so that it shows up in your modifier list. From memory I think it's in 3dsmax/scripts/examples, but I could be wrong. Either way it definately tells you somewhere in that tutorial where to find it and how to install it.

If you have all that set up correctly it should appear in Right-Click--> Wire Parameters --> Modified Object --> Attribute Holder --> Roll

tazmanian
11-06-2002, 11:03 AM
I copy Modifier-Attribute Holder.ms from the Scripts\PluginScripts directory to StdPlugs\Stdscripts....... is there anything to do after open my max 5 .. ???:buttrock:

Iain McFadzen
11-06-2002, 11:09 AM
Yeah, you need to add the new modifier to the top of your stack (on the foot control object). That way when you create the Custom Attribute and pick "object's current modifier" the CA is added to the Attribute Holder modifier.

The Custom Attribute should appear as soon as you add it, and if it appears in the modify panel then you should be able to wire it up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.