PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Omar Carias

Pages : 1 [2]

Climax
11-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Time To Update Avatars for the Comming Season!
:scream: :D:beer:

Lemog
11-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Very Nice One Omar :thumbsup: your avatar rocks :bounce:

Lemog
11-22-2005, 07:51 AM
I forget something... congratulations for your sky... incredible and beautiful work on it... you're a master... I love it :thumbsup:

alvin-cgi
11-22-2005, 07:56 AM
good one!:)

thebest
11-22-2005, 11:14 AM
cool sky & avatar ;)

SuperXCM
11-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Very cool upadte, sky is amazing, i think it'll work! :wip:

And oh yes, really excellent avatar!! :bounce:

Climax
11-23-2005, 09:49 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132786183_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132786183_large.jpg)

• Here is the layout of the final composition, i colored each layer and named it just for distinguish purposes
•A The Girl, Cactus and Spheres
•B The Skeletal Plane
•C The Far Desert
•D The Mate Paint Of The Sky
There will also be a 5th plane wityh retouches in Post effects
As you can see, the composition is very simple, I will only play a little bit with levels and contrasting of each layer just to integrate the overal mood of the scene, as I say before, The girl who was originally the main character, after assembling the composition i decided to leave her as a secont point of interest, The Cactus, wich is more noticeable, is only a mere detail of the surrealistic scene, same as the balls>
I am at only a couple of steps from finishing, I've tried different render engines and found The Mental Ray a quick and acceptable choice, I hope it looks good enought for you, and I appreciate your continuos support
Thanks Guys!

Climax
11-24-2005, 12:35 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132796126_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132796126_large.jpg)

• some details after compositing and Post Effects

polygonwarrior
11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
thks for encouraging dude.my best wishes r with u 2.frankly spweaking i liked ur concept.:thumbsup:

Climax
11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132797765_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132797765_large.jpg)

• The Girl...

Climax
11-24-2005, 01:09 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132798147_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132798147_large.jpg)

• Full body...

Climax
11-24-2005, 01:12 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132798352_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132798352_large.jpg)

• I used Mental Ray as render engine this time with a little GI, not much, composited in Photoshop, no many retouches outher some dust in the air

rattlesnake
11-24-2005, 01:19 AM
hey mate, the composition is very cool... i think this piece has so many artistic elements and that selfportrait is a nice idea, good job my friend.:thumbsup:

Climax
11-24-2005, 01:22 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132798966_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1132798966_large.jpg)

• Well, this is it, after a while seeing it I got tired, I don't know what else I could without leaving the original idea, so...Ladies and Gentelman......My final Image.
I hope you like it

Climax
11-24-2005, 02:56 AM
• I want to thanks to all good friends and great artist who ever visited my thread during this Challenge, and to the people who still comes, to all of you thank you very much for your support!

ace4016
James Marcelin

Gunilla
Gunilla Elam

the best
Antone Magdy (Tony)

the1st_angel
Sacha Angel Diener

overcontrast
Zubuyer Kaolin

Claireabella
Claire Duval

Squibbit
Panu Uomala

monsitj
Monsit Jangariyawong

jddog
Julien Daulte

JamesMK
James Kaufeldt

mmoir
Mike Moir

gpepper
Pfeiffer Gilles

Borro
Boris Rizov

archerx
Olivier Archer

nemirc
Sergio Arístides Rosa

rattlesnake
Jorge Lescale

Lemog
laurent antoine lemog

visualact.com
Yasser Azarnoush

ObiGert
Gert

zsurM
Mat Ruszczycky

Hooch
Miguel Chajtur

cipher
Sebastien Durand

coCoKNIght
Fabian Hernandez

Jonathan Patt
Jonathan Patt

Madlight_1988
Ali Asali

ISurg
Ignas Surgautas

SuperXCM
Lombardo Simone

yunisirees
Hamid Ibrahim

eYadNesS
Eyad Hussein

DaddyMack
Robert Mack

keetmun
Wong Keet Mun

Gatisk
Gatis Kurzemnieks

greentek
Paul Gulianelli

fgcity
Demetris Zavorotnichenko

profg
Gábor Tamás

Yongkiat
Yongkiat Karnchanapayap

Neeno
Marcel Harfouche

SweD
Cyril Taussat

Ramtin_moom
Ramtin Ahmadi

icedeyes
George Kiparissous

authentic
Vincent Guibert

SONIC-X
Corrie Engelbrecht

mac_andre
andre richter

DimitrisLiatsos
DimitrisLiatsos

mosconariz
Fernando de Anda Orellana

Gepass
Gerardo Pascual

se7enthcin
Andrew Kinabrew

sijen
Igor Khlebov

maxspider3000
Yusuf Eltelpany

bahman
Bahman

Ivars
Ivar Dahlberg

beelow
Bryce Smith

The Parrot
Jeroen Stout

eddieellis
Eddie Ellis

Eduardo lobo
José Eduardo Lobo

Ahmed Hosny
Ahmed

SNoWs
Angel Nieves

gavin youl
Gavin Youl

LAURO_MX
Lauro Müller

stripe
Joe Harford

Swamps
Dave Marsh

mookid2005
Dave Whiting

suk-grigorij
Grigorij Sukhov

Zapan
Stéphane Brouty

the_fgdf
Bartosz Bialek

vrf
Vance Fry

Big D
Daniel Lovas

Crying Horn
Andrius Balciunas

madshooter
Roshan Lohani

admiraligor
Justin Dixon

claudio_jordao
Cláudio Jordão do Carmo

MD.Tangir
Mohammad Tangirul islam

Digital_Rebellion
Enayet Karim

medunecer
Marco Fantechi

BobbEr
Roman Shcherbakov

mad_aeon
Davide Marin

mmchonghai
shen hongke

JR.BRAZ
Joao Roberto Braz Jr

Sergey Banityuk
Sergey Banityuk

Elsie
Ailsa MacPherson

arturro
Artur Malczyk

uwil
Lowell Aromin

3rd user
Pooya Gharagozli

rawwad
Tibor Beďatš

Gonzalo Golpe
Gonzalo Golpe

makaron
Mona Eriksson

alvin_cgi
alvincgi

CUBISIS
Rishikesh Nandlaskar

:beer:

thebest
11-24-2005, 03:33 AM
congrats mate very good work :thumbsup: (going to the first place hah....:scream: )

Hooch
11-24-2005, 05:28 AM
very glad you make it to the end my friend! :thumbsup:

as you know once again I was unable to continue my challenge :sad:
next time maybe! :)

Really love those clouds man! :bounce:

Congrats! :applause:

Lemog
11-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Finish... it's done for you... perfect mate... great picture with an outstanding originality... CONGRATULATIONS Omar... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ( 5 :D )

GonzaloGolpe
11-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Congrats!!!An strange, and original image. Wonderful cactus!:thumbsup: Good luck!!

mmoir
11-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey Omar,

Great job on the final image:thumbsup: , I like this composition much better than the one you had earlier. I like the face in the clouds.:thumbsup: Good luck .

Climax
11-24-2005, 02:41 PM
• Rattlesnake: Hi Jorge! and thanks for nice words, I am happy I have finished on time and i hope you can make it too, so Go man!

• CUBISIS: Thanks pal, you have made an exeptional entry and I hope to see it complete very soon!

• The Best: Lol, thanks Tony, I am glad you liked and only for the fact of finishing i feel good!

• Hooch: C'mon man! you still have 10 days to keep on fighting! Thanks for your words :thumbsup:

• Lemog: Thanks my friend, I appreciate your continuos support during this and other challenges, your company has been of great help and I wish u the best in your outstanding work! :beer:

• Gonzalo Golpe: Thanks Gonzalo, I am really glad you liked and thanks again for your nice words!

• mmoir: Thanks to you Mike for people like you it is worth to participate and bring our ideas to the end! :beer:

Zapan
11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Omar !!!

I didn't except a better composition for this stunning picture.
This is truely gorgeous ! I really like the portrait of you in the clouds !
Really original and everything !
Congratulations again and best of luck for the judging:bounce: :thumbsup: :applause:

Climax
11-26-2005, 04:23 AM
• Thanks Brouty! I also wish you the best, and thanks again for following my thread until the end, you were a great support :beer:

Gunilla
11-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Congratulations Omar! :bounce:

Your final turned out wonderful - filled with an abandoned mood - very good. That sky is magic! :thumbsup:

makaron
11-26-2005, 07:25 AM
well done :bounce: this one turned out really spectacular... :applause:
and your face in the sky is a nice signature...

SuperXCM
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Finished!! :bounce:

Great work my friend! Final image looking good! :cool:
Original and spectacular idea!!
Love the idea of self-portrait in the clouds!! :thumbsup:

Congrats!! :beer:

rawwad
11-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Congratz! :applause:

I like it, looks great. Idea is fantastic, I like render and details as cactus. And face is fantastic, cool :D
Well see, what say judging, but I think it will be very positive :thumbsup:

Tibor

rattlesnake
11-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey man! congrats for the final imagee!! ey your avatar is amazing, i love it!!:bounce::bounce:

Climax
11-27-2005, 01:26 AM
• Gunilla: Thanks Gunilla, I am really glad you like it You made a great entry yourself :cool:

• makaron: Thanks Mona! About my portrait :blush: I am really much more handsome than that :D

• SuperXCM: Happy you like it Lombardo, Thank u very much for sharing my thread until the end! :thumbsup:

• rawwad: Nice word Tibor! I appreciate your opinnion, personally I feel good only for the fact I could finish it :beer:
• Rattlesnake: Hey Jorge, your opinion is like a good beer for me :arteest::buttrock: I am very thankfull for your support during the challenge and sure we'll fight together in a next one!
oh, and thanks about my Avatar :D

daWinky
11-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Hey Omar, congrats for your finished work...or, because I know know you understand it
....Herzlichen Glückwunsch...:bounce: :bounce: !

Having finished is a good feeling, no!? Enjoy it!:beer:

-sabrina

Climax
11-27-2005, 10:20 PM
• Thanks Sabrina! :bounce::bounce::bounce::)

nemirc
11-28-2005, 05:56 AM
I was away for too long :cry:
But at least I came to see the finished piece ;)

Se le congratula, señor :beer:

Climax
11-28-2005, 11:12 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1133223150_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/8126/8126_1133223150_large.jpg)

• Sorry for Posting again, I was just wondering how about turning Final Gathering on and fix some little issues I wasn't real happy, most of them are only noticeable in Hight resolution, but as there is still some time to play , why not do it? :D

melkao
11-28-2005, 11:25 PM
very abtract but cool....and why that face on the clouds behind?:eek:

gardogg
11-29-2005, 01:10 AM
I think you've done a great job here and I wish I would have been here to help you out and give critiques along the way. Since I didn't, my names not in the thank you list :cries: Next challenge I hope to subscribe to your entry!

jddog
12-02-2005, 10:46 AM
ups :argh: sorry so late...

Omar... congratulation for your final... a very unique image, I really like it :applause: x10 time !
jdd

Climax
12-03-2005, 03:40 AM
• Nemirc: Nunca es tarde para una visita, agradezco tus palabras y apoyo durante todo el evento :thumbsup: espero que nos sigamos viendo y quizas algun dia, como te dijo Adrian, nos reunimos para hacer un buen proyecto juntos!

• Melkao: Thanks mate! The face in the clouds is actually a self portrait i decided to use as signature :) but i failed in the fact i wanted it to be "hidden" :D

• gardogg: I appreciate your words Gary, Thanks for comming and sure u are welcome everytime you want, I hope we can meet in other challenge to share our crit and comments in order to make our work better :beer:

• jddog: YEAH! you left me alone and i hate you! hahahahaha Just kidding Julien, you are allways welcome to my thread, I am very thankfull for your support during this Challenge and I hope we can meet each other in the next one, I am glad you liked my work and to hear your oppinions of it :D

Thanks to all of you great artists and friends!

beelow
12-03-2005, 06:29 AM
I haven't posted here in a while, Nice image, good luck with your entry sorry that I have missed so much. I was to busy with my 2d and life in my neck of the woods, I will do my 3d next time, so I can put u to shame, haha:p , Congrats and good luck!:applause:

nemirc
12-03-2005, 05:47 PM
• Nemirc: Nunca es tarde para una visita, agradezco tus palabras y apoyo durante todo el evento :thumbsup: espero que nos sigamos viendo y quizas algun dia, como te dijo Adrian, nos reunimos para hacer un buen proyecto juntos!

Entonces nos vemos en las mesas internacionales de siggraph 2005 :beer:

claudiojordao
12-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Wow Climax, I love the surrealism of your work. Good luck mate.

kingfish3d
12-03-2005, 08:21 PM
great picture, really like your sky!!
maybe you should put some blur at the separation between the sky and the desert actually this looks too sharp
good job:thumbsup:
good luck for the end of the contest:bounce:

Climax
12-05-2005, 05:52 PM
• Beelow: Thanks pal, I appreciate your words, I 'm happy you like it and good luck to you too :)

• Nemirc: Querras decir en las del 2006 :D

• claudio_jordao: Thank you Claudio! I am glad u like it

• kingfish3d: Glad u like it pal, yeah, I tested out with some blur and it looks good, but the plane appears with less detail against the first plane and i didn't want to defocus the plane :sad:, it is a good commentary though :)

Well Guys, today is the 5th and the challenge comes to its end in the posting part, I am happy to see lots of great works and i feel honored to have shared with so many great artist from wich I've learned a lot, to all of you thank u very much for your support, critics and commentaries, also congratulations to all final images and good luck to everyone! :thumbsup:

gpepper
12-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Excellent Omar ! Nice feeling around this picture ! Something like Dali...

5 challenges complete ! Congratulations !
I'm only at the third but only one complete...
:argh:

gardogg
12-05-2005, 06:18 PM
today is the 5th and the challenge comes to its end in the posting part

You scared me! According to the instructions... "The Challenge runs 05 September 2005 - 06 December 2005"

Climax
12-05-2005, 06:37 PM
• Gpepper: Thanks Pfeiffer, actually i have just participated in 3 challenges and ended 2 :D so I congratulate you for your finished enttry and wish u all the luck!

• gardogg: Ops! sorry for my lack of information, I thought today was the last day :argh:, so Hurry up my friend :bounce:

gpepper
12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
• Gpepper: Thanks Pfeiffer, actually i have just participated in 3 challenges and ended 2 :D so I congratulate you for your finished enttry and wish u all the luck!

ahahah ! You killed me Omar ! I didn't finish this one... :sad:

angel
12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey you finished, congrats! well, I see a face in the clouds I had not seen that before. cool.

Versiden
12-06-2005, 09:59 PM
heya Omar

sorry for not getting around to your thread. I know I've been especially slack with threads for this challenge, but I guess it's no excuse

congrats on the finish! It's very orginal and mind blending. The furniture in the background almost give it an abstract hidden meaning. The face on the cloud is wicked man ;p

goodluck and cya in the next challenge

Digital_Rebellion
12-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi Omar, u've done a great job integrating all the elements and presenting a spectacular image. start to end, it's been a pleasant experience following your work in this contest. Congratulations :applause: and all the best with the judging :thumbsup:

aliasali
12-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Congrats man,really a cool scene,
cya in the next ones!:thumbsup:
goodluck,cheerZ,
Ali

Climax
12-09-2005, 04:07 PM
•gpepper► You made an excellent work no matter what, you can allways finish your entry after the Challenge, so I hope to see it complete :thumbsup:

•SNoWs► Thanks Angel, I appreciate your company during this contest and hope to see u in the next one!

•Versiden► Don't worry man, I appreciate ur commentaries and you are welcome to my theads at any time :)

•Digital_Rebellion► Thanks Pal! I don't think my image will have any impact with the jury cuz the theme is far from the Spectacular thing, but you can be sure I had lots of fun doing it, and I want to doit again next time! :D

•Madlight_1988► Thanks Ali! I congratulate u too even if u couldn't finish your image, you made an outstanding job and demostrated great fellowship during the all the event, so I must thank u again and hope to see u in the next too! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2005, 04:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.