PDA

View Full Version : blinking

jazzman121
11-06-2002, 02:16 AM
if i have a video in ae,.. how do i make it blink ... in the sense... how do i make my vidoe to have every other frame white... so it seems like its blinking???? u know wat i mean?

deano
11-08-2002, 10:17 AM
If you own the production bundle (PB) you could play around with the Motion Math Script "Blink" that ships with After Effects PB.

In case you don't here's my solution:

I'm guessing your problem is that you have to "blink" your video layer and you don't want to set opacity keyframes at every frame. I wish there was some way to loop your keyframes from the timeline window itself but never mind.

Okay. Since you want your footage to blink to white, create a white solid layer. At frame zero, set opacity to 0% and at frame 1 set opacity to 100%. If you're on frame 1, hit 'N' on the keyboard. This brings the "Work Area End" to frame 2. Render these 2 frames out as an animation sequence with the alpha. In the Render settings, my output module includes Targa sequence 32-bit, 'coz Targa or TGA's have an alpha channel.

After you import this 2 frame animation, right click (I work AE 5.0 on PC) and go to Interpret Footage....Main. In 'other options' change Loop number to 9999(maximum value allowed). Import this into your comp above your video layer deleting the earlier White Solid Layer. Move the outpoint of the blinking layer for the required time duration. RAM preview the Comp.

I must say the blinks are really fast. If you want to space them out, move the 100% opacity keyframe to whatever frame number, hit 'N' and render that out. Make sure you use Hold Keyframes for both so that there are no inbetween values in the interpolation.(select the keyframes and right click onto Toggle Hold Keyframe).

Question: Can you loop keyframes in AE 5.5???

By the way it's faster to do the effect than explain it. All the best!:thumbsup:

jazzman121
11-08-2002, 08:58 PM
THANKS A TONN DUDE>. that helped me :)

gmask
11-13-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by deano
Question: Can you loop keyframes in AE 5.5???

I want to say yes to this but I'll have to check..

Otherwise what I usually do is copy the keyframes that make the loop and then go to the next frame that woul dbe the beginnign of the loop and paste then click the name of the channle and it slects all the keyframes then copy and paste then repeat. It will fill out the sequence pretty quickly

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.