PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 2D Entry: Erik Fourie

Mordalles
09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Erik Fourie is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=8073)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: concept 2 - thief
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8073/8073_1127250404_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2663448#post2663448)

NOOB!
09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
hey man! good luck this time round!

Mordalles
09-05-2005, 10:47 PM
thx NOOB! same to u!

still have absolutely NO idea what im gonna do. just read the theme now. think i'll think about it for atleast a week. my mind just feels empty. blank. unspectacular. lost. . . . er . . . i dont even have anything to say.

good luck to everyone else!

ps, my scanner broke 2 weeks ago, and i dont have wacom tablet. maybe this was an omen. who knows. hehe.

NOOB!
09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
wow man haha,we have till december this time which is far as hell,u have plenty of time to get scanner fixed,or buy a wacom.

Mordalles
09-05-2005, 11:10 PM
nah, now i have an excuse to go scan in my pics at my brother's work, since i hear theres a hot girl who'se gonna work there now.

hehehehehe.

*scheming*

arramor
09-05-2005, 11:27 PM
you're going down brother :twisted:

Mordalles
09-06-2005, 09:37 PM
hehe, i will send u to the graveyard, broedertjie.

well, ive realised that i have no idea, neither the skill to do something spectacular.

so, new plan, im gonna make it SO unspectacular that it is spectacular! muhahahahahahaha.

Mordalles
09-07-2005, 11:18 PM
finally have an idea. dont know if it will work. well, i dont know if I will be able to make it work. im sure a lot of others here will. but they know what they are doing. im just along for the ride, and here to make everyone else feel better about themselves, after they see my work, and i like to write long sentences.

Rebeccak
09-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Mordalles,

Good luck to you!!! Let me know if NOOB becomes too much trouble, and I will duly SPAM his thread!!! :scream:

Cheers! :)

~Rebeccak

Mordalles
09-08-2005, 11:44 PM
hehe, this page has now become holy ground since rebecca posted here! i am so honoured!

yay! :bounce:

yeah, somebody should keep NOOB in line. hehe.

Arc80
09-08-2005, 11:46 PM
welcome man. nice to see you back again. i'll try and keep up.

cheers

Mordalles
09-09-2005, 12:08 AM
hmm, been thinking off important stuff, and here is a concept, although, im probably not the right guy to pull it off. hehe.

Concept:

The world becomes spectacular when the imagination of a child surges forth and touches the ordinary.

we see mountains, they see dragons, they see eyes peering out from the dark shadows cast by tall robot like buildings with a see of horses swimming in the sky where clouds should be, they see heroes and villains and damsels and dreams, they believe in fairies and tales, in their eyes the world is spectacular.

so, how am i suppose to this. i have no idea. i was thinking of actually zooming in on the eyes of a child, who has an expression of wonder, as he/she looks at the city below, and everything in, over and behind the city. and in his eyes we see the reflection of what he/she sees, and not what we would have seen.

could this work. probably. with my skill. nope. but im gonna do it anyway, unless i get a better idea. who knows.
maybe ill experience something spectacular before i start drawing. like make a friend. hehe.
im tired of talking to the wall. he seems rather cold. and he keeps staring at me.

mordy, out.

1st question, does both eyes reflect exactly the same? :shrug:

calisto-lynn
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
wow! i yust read your concept!!:surprised thats a tough one!! its so easy to imagine but so hard to draw...awww dont worry i know u can do it!the idea is great!

oh...shame on me i didnt even wellcome you...:blush:
Goood luuuuck on the challenge, Mordalles!! :D cheers!!

SoniaNotRed
09-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Yes, great concept! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Ducklator
09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Good luck mate:thumbsup:

Mordalles
09-11-2005, 11:44 PM
double post!

Mordalles
09-11-2005, 11:46 PM
calisto, shame on you. nah, just kidding. hehe. thanks. yeah, it is easy to imagine. but doing it is another thing. but im gonna go for it. go for glory. jump higher than any hu . . . eh . . . any ant has ever jumped before.

sonianotred, thanks. loved your master and servant. now, im gonna check out ures for this one.

ducklator, thanks!

im also seeing pirates and seamonsters and motorcycles that the child sees as knights or warriors on horses, men cleaning the windows of buildings are actually men climbing dark towers to save the princess. even a space ship landing on a helicopter pad.

still just thinking of stuff i can add.

Mordalles
09-17-2005, 10:15 PM
what im going to try to do is draw the eye of a child, and then in the reflection we see how he preceives the world. his imagination makes the world spectacular.

ive got no chance of actually making this work, but its a challege, so what the heck.

Mordalles
09-17-2005, 10:30 PM
i should probably add that the i did the little concept above in a few minutes in photoshop.
i only have mouse. hehe.

now, im going start with sketch soon, borrow one of those large pages from my brother (steal, since i cant really give it back when theres a lot of scribblinb on it), and draw my picture.
then, scan. and start the fun, the confusion and the absurd.

Xillion
09-18-2005, 12:06 AM
I just saw you posted at my entry (thanks) and that we were about to attempt at a similar concept. As someone else said it's cool but a tough one, so I'd like to wish you good luck and happy painting.

I'll be checking again shortly!

Mordalles
09-19-2005, 12:14 AM
well, ive decided to stop my current concept.

dont have any other ideas. im not skillful enough to make anything look spectacular anyway, so i might just not enter anything.

but maybe in a month an idea will surface itself into my mind, and ill be back.

Xillion
09-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Hey man, just don't give up...these challenges can teach you a lot!
If you are short of ideas here are some amongst mine I'll not use:

the rise and fall of atlantis
the arrival of the gods
treasure of the templars
fight at the shaolin temple

anyway...just free your mind. It's amazing how funny it is to think of spectacular things. Ideas will come and practice will make you better.
As once Feng Zhu said, if you are stuck just pick up two topics and fuse them toghether. the more contrasty, the better. like for example fishes and ammunitions. or landscape and chinese culture. Images will come to your mind...just try to put them down.

Koekebakker
09-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Hehe, you're monologues themself are quite spectacular in a humoristic way. :P Too bad you don't want to go on with the concept. I liked the concept, however I agree it was probably going to be difficult to execute (hard to get a detailed image within the reflection of an eye I think).

Hope you come up with something else soon..good luck!

Mordalles
09-20-2005, 10:06 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8073/8073_1127250404_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8073/8073_1127250404_large.jpg)

hehe, a thief finding the find of the century in an old tomb.
not too spectacular, but its not like im going for the win here.

ps, i did this with a mouse in a few minutes, and i suck with a mouse. hehe.
wish i had one of those what-ye-call-it-wacom-seomthing-thingies.

Mordalles
09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
xillion, thanks for the encouragement! i think i will try something. and thx for some cool ideas!

koekebakker, hehe, thx! yes, i talk to myself whenever i can. hmm, i think im going to ask my mom to bake me a cake!

SoniaNotRed
09-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, good luck on your new concept, then!

Arc80
09-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Good to see you finally post something up. Good start and i know how it feels to use a mouse. I hate it too. Just keep it up and we'll be checking your progress.

cheers

Korline
09-25-2005, 06:57 AM
not bad for the mouse, but you can actually achive qiute more with it if you use paths, I use this all the time in illustrator, don't have tablet at work,
like hose dramatic colors a bit matbe to saturated, but maybe that's what you want
anyway good luck,
ps paths in psd suck :twisted:

arramor
10-01-2005, 10:39 PM
i don't know about any of that stuff. All i ever use is the fill tool and the pencil tool :) i am so primitive. But it wouldn't feel like me anymore if i went beyond those two rules.

Goodluck bro. Like all your concepts :)

Ducklator
10-03-2005, 09:27 PM
your concept sounds promising... c'mon man, I'll wait to see more about you:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2005, 09:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.