PDA

View Full Version : Living Toons - Character - Kirt

Kirt
11-06-2002, 01:53 AM
Seems like we just did this as a 2D mini challenge (you're a man ahead of your time jeroentje), but I'll put a little more effort into this one. Favorite activity ... non-computer? Are you kidding me? I'll have to think about this one for a bit (considering I spend all my free time on the computer). :D

ilasolomon
11-06-2002, 10:25 AM
i'm looking forward Kirt :)
ila

jeroentje
11-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Ah well, those were just selfportraits... but I see some simmilairities too ;)
This one's more original.

We're head to head in the above and beyond voting Kirt. You'll probably beat me again with a hairlength, like in the enchanted forrest thingy (to be honest: you deserved that one, mine was just a stupid joke. Too bad to repost it).

Cheers, Jeroen
Did someone hear anything of Tommy Lee btw?
(btw2, I will probably loose my mod status and get banned for life if I draw what is really my favorite activity :D )

Kirt
11-06-2002, 09:52 PM
jeroentje - been watching your entry move up and down on the A&B challenge. Guess we won't know until it's over. Good luck to you (I scored your image higher than mine). I don't understand why they grouped them all together ... but oh well. I'm just happy to see the new site finally!! :buttrock:

I haven't heard anything on Tommy Lee. I guess he's having problems with his new computer :shrug: or worse ... it was repo'd. hehehehe :D

jeroentje
11-06-2002, 09:59 PM
I don't mind much the grouping. Only thing I do mind is aptpupil's amazing workbench that doesn't get in cause he can only enter with one piece now... but let's not make your thread the general 2D discussion thread. I'll shut up ;)

Kirt
11-11-2002, 06:22 AM
Well, I have two ideas and I'm not sure which one I'll do yet. Here's the first idea. These are my three kids (from left to right - Alex, Sean & Megan). They just love to wrestle with their daddy. Mom is usually close by with the bandaids and phone. She's not talking to anyone on the phone ... it's there so she can dial 911. :surprised

mtmckinley
11-11-2002, 06:26 AM
that's fantastic! :D

jeroentje
11-11-2002, 06:59 AM
ROFLMAO :buttrock:

wildsheepchase
11-11-2002, 07:18 AM
Awesome Kirt:D
Your daughter is vicious stepping on your fingers like that...lol:thumbsup:

Kirt
11-11-2002, 09:52 AM
Actually, Sean is the one to watch out for. He jumps on the jewels (because he's only 2 and doesn't know that makes Dad talk in a really high voice). Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

The other concept is coming along. Maybe it'll be ready tomorrow. :shrug:

Rudity
11-11-2002, 10:10 AM
LMFAO kirt.

If the thread is started by Kirt, its a must read in my books.
You never fail to make me laugh.

Ok ill stop blowing wind up your ass now.
Get to work and start drawing more funny drawings.

art7sayan
11-11-2002, 05:32 PM
This first idea rocks Kirt...I really dig your cartoon style a lot!!
...I just can't wait to see your second idea :bounce:

:thumbsup:

Cgkoko
11-11-2002, 06:04 PM
see above(art7sayan's post)

Great!:bounce:

Kirt
11-11-2002, 10:30 PM
OK here's the second one ...
I have this love for fantasy RPGs and I usually am playing some online game on the weekends. The problem is that I'm not very good at them (age effects coordination and dexterity). So, I have a habit of using my characters to attack lesser creatures. This ensures that I survive the combat and it also makes me feel manly for slaughtering hordes of chickens (or other simular creature). I tried to do this in the stereotypical Fantasy Art type posing.

Now I just have to pick the one I like best or be swayed by your opinions. :D

jeroentje
11-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Hmm... nice idea, but a bit complicated...

The first joke is a better joke to be honest. Specially when you would draw your wife in the back running in with the bandage-kit (bandage-kirt?).

Anyway, I am sure you'll make the best choice :D
Cheers, Jeroen

Slacker
11-11-2002, 11:42 PM
hmm... both? yes, both. We should like to see both. hehe.

You might could use the kid's pic as a "training exercise" before you go off and slaughter all the chickens of the world...

But, if I had to pick, I'd say the first one does have a bit more character in it.

Tommy Lee
11-12-2002, 01:30 AM
HEHEHEH! Yeah,.. I can imagine ya in real life...lol.

Wonderfull,... and like the first one more. Great challenge again.

Laterz

Tommy Lee:twisted:

mtmckinley
11-12-2002, 04:18 AM
have to say, I like them both a lot. You've great drawing skills! I especially like the expression on the gathering chickens' faces. lol

Gamoron
11-12-2002, 04:42 AM
I like em both Kirt. I think the second is more imaginative. I like the joke better too. I'd say go with the second. It'll offer you more of a challeng in painting it I think.
:thumbsup:

Iguiniz.X.
11-12-2002, 12:47 PM
I love them both Kirt, they are really funny.
Reall hard to make a decision. The one with the chickens is cool.. but if you like RPG you must know that even Link gets beaten by chickens A lot of chickens and then I wonder what your wife says abouth the second.
I don't know how your spare time is but I would say doe them both! :buttrock:

Kirt
11-12-2002, 05:12 PM
I think that I am going to do both of them. But I'm going to enter the chicken one in the challenge. The first one I'm doing just for my wife. She loves that picture and has already put dibs on the pencil drawing so she can frame it and hang it somewhere in the house.

Iguiniz.X. - The wife knows that I live in a fantasy world, so she doesn't have a problem with any of my drawings. Well ... maybe she hates the sexy women a bit ... but as long as none of them are real (know what I mean?).

mtmckinley - Thanks :thumbsup: I was afraid that the chicken's expression wasn't good enough, since I roughed them in really quick.

jeroentje - "bandage" is correct. "Bandaid" is a trademark brand of bandages very popular in the US. Most people I know call bandages, Bandaids. :hmm:

Rudity - Thanks! Always good to have a hearty laugh everyday. As long as your laughing with me and not at me. :D But, with such high praises, I feel a bit of pressure now to always make a humorous post.

Nah ... not really ... we'll discuss global economics or world hunger a bit later. *snicker*

jeroentje
11-12-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Kirt
jeroentje - "bandage" is correct. "Bandaid" is a trademark brand of bandages very popular in the US. Most people I know call bandages, Bandaids. :hmm:

So my English is better than that of some Americans you know?
(Jeroentje feels very proud of himself now :) )
Cheers, Jeroentje:beer:
(btw, I thought Band-Aid had something to do with Bob Geldoff?)

cleptocat
11-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Hey Kirt I know what cha' mean on that 2 year old to the groin. These pics are awesome as always. Im glad you're doing both because I cant decide which one I like best.

Kirt
11-12-2002, 08:00 PM
I think there are a quite few foriegners that have better English than many Americans. Too much slang going on around here. Half the time I don't know what's being said. But ... that may also be due to my age. You know those kids ... :D

Bob Geldoff? Thought that was Farm-Aid or something. You don't have Bandaids in the Netherlands?

*sings*
I am stuck on Bandaids - 'cause Bandaids stuck on me!
*stops singing because it hurts*

jtk77
11-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Kirt
you;re style is great@!!! I freaken love it

Russo
11-15-2002, 10:44 PM
ahahahahah when I see something like that I must say: congratiulations man, hahahaha LOL, LOL, LOL....:buttrock:

Kirt
11-16-2002, 09:50 AM
<<< I'm a tubby little boy :D

Sorry, just had to do that. I'll have some sort of update this weekend for you all. Hang in there, I'm working on it :wip:

art7sayan
11-16-2002, 10:06 AM
Go on Tubby lil'boy!! :bounce:

Kirt
11-17-2002, 01:38 AM
I'm taking inspiration and (more specifically) the color pallete from one of Frank Frazetta's pieces. Here's an update ... still working on the background to get that painterly feel.

jeroentje
11-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Just curious: how much does that girl look like the wife?
Oh and ehm.. howabout a chicken skull on the T-shirt :p

For the rest:
:bounce: Go Kirt! :bounce: Go Kirt! :bounce: Go Kirt! :bounce:

Kirt
11-17-2002, 05:59 PM
The wife says, (after a brief laugh) "It looks nothing like me except maybe the thickness of the thighs. Looks more like your girlfriend at the grocery store."

Ahem ... don't know who she's referring to. :D

The chicken skull is a good idea. I'll change that.

jeroentje
11-17-2002, 06:06 PM
So when can we expect a pic of the whole family in the "don't be shy etc." thread?
(Plus one of that girl at the grocery store please).

edit - what place is that, where they sell you groceries while wearing a metal bikini? And do you know when they will open a store here in the Netherlands?

Kirt
11-17-2002, 06:14 PM
LOL - The wife has a fear of cameras, so don't hold your breath waiting for that one.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most states to handle food items while in a two piece bathing suit. But, I'll see if I can't coax her into handling some bananas and then steal a quick photo. A little photoshop magic ... and presto! Your dreams come true!

Hehehehe ... if only I were so bold.

jeroentje
11-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by jeroentje
what place is that, where they sell you groceries while wearing a metal bikini?
I actually meant that I have a metal bikini in my closet and no occassion to wear it...

Kirt
11-17-2002, 06:27 PM
:surprised You're a sick man.

jeroentje
11-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Like the old Crumb once said:
"A dirty mind is a joy forever"

Gamoron
11-27-2002, 03:13 PM
What the hell are you doing Kirt? That last update looks absolutely fabulous! When are you planning on finishing this?

Kirt
11-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Yep, the end of the month snuck up on me. Tomorrow while everyone is stuffing their faces with turkey and all the trimmings, I shall be working on my challenges. (Thanksgiving is not one of my favorite holidays - just another day off of work for me :D ) So, expect a few updates on this and with a bit of luck I'll finish and start on my animation challenge.

Tommy Lee
11-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Hope so baby....;)

Laterz:wavey:

Tommy Lee

Kirt
11-29-2002, 12:11 AM
UPDATE! sorta'

I never realized how hard it is to paint without the lines ... ugh!

jeroentje
11-29-2002, 01:51 AM
So I'll finish one step after you again I guess... :shrug:

Tommy Lee
11-29-2002, 02:39 AM
Damn Kirt!!!!!!

Thats awesome:eek:
Absolute perfect Frazetta-style:applause:

Damn, I smell a first place here:beer:

Tommy Lee

Kirt
11-29-2002, 03:56 AM
I'm getting the hang of it now. Moving right along ...

SheepFactory
11-29-2002, 04:25 AM
:applause:

Kirt you rock man.

Gamoron
11-29-2002, 05:12 AM
Nice Work Kirt, you're on mean looking chicken killer!

Kirt
11-29-2002, 05:32 AM
Thanks guys! :D
Here's one more update for today ... Bloody!

Pancreas
11-29-2002, 08:12 AM
Woah, this picture kicks chicken ass!
The expression of the face plus the scared and suspicius chicken faces are funny as hell.
The blood is a nice touch, it shows your high level of madness.. iīd add a few feathers floating or sticked on the sword.
The girlīs face should show the horror of being attacked by rabid chickens and being saved by you. ;)

Kirt
11-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Thank you kindly, Pancreas. Man, you guys are full of great ideas! I'll add the feathers into the pic. I think that's just the perfect little detail that I was missing here. :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to keep the girl's expression as is. She's got a comfort level thing going on which is good for the manly-man ego (although ... little does she know that I'm about to get my ass handed to me on a platter by a horde of vicious killer chickens. heheheh).

Kirt
11-29-2002, 09:54 PM
You know, I think I put too much attention into the little details. I mean, once I reduce this in size so you can view it on the net - all of the little stuff will not be seen. :shrug:

It sure looks nice full sized (1432x1994) though, and I'm having fun. heheheh. Here's the latest update ... got total carnage going on now. He's going to need a good dry cleaner for this shirt.

Does the design on the shirt look like a chicken skull? I didn't have a reference so I faked it.

art7sayan
11-30-2002, 03:38 AM
really great stuff Kirt!

Hmm...for the chiken skull...I think it will be better with a smaller beak. ;)

C ya! :wavey:

Iguiniz.X.
11-30-2002, 11:32 PM
Great sh*t man,
well I can prase you into heaven but I have one little coment
the muscle above the eye isn't is a bit to. I mean the shadow line takes his whole forehead.. I hope you see what I mean.
great going:thumbsup:

cleptocat
12-01-2002, 12:12 AM
Great rendering.....Im with Art7sayan on the chicken beak and also it looks a little too 3d...not like its on a t-shirt ya know

Kirt
12-01-2002, 11:58 AM
I couldn't sleep so I made a few minor adjustments based upon the latest feedback here. I'll have more done before Monday. Next update I hope to have me done and some more of the girl.

art7sayan
12-01-2002, 12:03 PM
Looks a lot better.

Keep goin' Kirt! Hope you will find the time.

:wavey:

jeroentje
12-01-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Kirt
[...]Next update I hope to have me done and some more of the girl.

hmm... giiirl

Kirt
12-09-2002, 05:07 AM
Busted my ass all day to finish this and I missed the deadline by 15 miinutes. It's just not fair. Oh well, good luck to everyone.

http://www.cell2000.net/~users/kirtstanke/images/wip-dec-preview.jpg

stuf123
12-09-2002, 05:37 AM
From one loser to another who can't tell time....Awsome drawing man!!!:thumbsup:

ilasolomon
12-09-2002, 07:16 AM
I like that some parts are unfinished, Frazetta Style! :)
you have my vote.
Ila

Kirt
12-09-2002, 04:36 PM
Technically, I'm disqualified because I missed the deadline. Please don't vote on my entry! There are many good illustrations that were completed on time and they should get the glory.

:thumbsup: Thanks!

jeroentje
12-09-2002, 06:03 PM
Oh shut up Kirt. What's 15 minutes. There are more important deadlines in life. I voted for the last piece in this thread because it looks bloody awsome.

Gamoron
12-09-2002, 06:03 PM
Well, if its any consolation Kirt, I've copied this to my hd in my reference and inspiration folder.

It looks fantastic, and you don't need votes anyways, your peers are awed.

Cheers!

Kirt
12-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Actually it was more than 15 minutes. I thought the deadline was Eastern Standard Time and it was GMT - London, England. So, I missed it by several hours. Doesn't seem right for the others who finished on time.

And Gamoron is right ... I don't need the votes, I feel rewarded already by the nice comments in this thread. :thumbsup: :D

RockinAkin
12-11-2002, 07:05 AM
Jesus man, I wish i could draw like that.

You've got the best concept i've seen anywhere in this challenge.

-DivideByZero-

Kirt
12-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Best of all? Including the 3D? Wow ... what a compliment. I'm sure I know how to respond to that. All I can say is "THANKS!" :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.