PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 2D Entry: M. Grant Hillier

artjunkie
09-05-2005, 11:04 AM
M. Grant Hillier is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=7901)

Latest Update: Coloring WIP: Engineered Evolution WIP
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133884619_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2886469#post2886469)

NOOB!
09-05-2005, 11:23 AM
*puts on zim voice *

DOMINATION!!! wuhahahahahah

good luck mang!!!

Squibbit
09-05-2005, 11:25 AM
yea like hey n etc. wow

MDN67
09-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi art, i'm glad to see you here, good luck

duddlebug
09-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Good luck artjunkie!

can't wait to see where your art's gonna take us this time!

:)

calisto-lynn
09-05-2005, 12:30 PM
hiyaaa!! and wellcome!!

best luck to you!!:D

NinjaA55N
09-05-2005, 12:37 PM
yey man! start with the art! and good luck buddy :)

ArtisticVisions
09-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Good to see you, artjunkie.
I thought your M&S entry was great; can't wait to see your concepts for this Challenge. :)

TheFirstAngel
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Grrrrrrrrrreat! you're in too, now let's rock! best luck and have loadsa fun mate!!!:thumbsup: :bounce: :beer:

Arc80
09-05-2005, 07:24 PM
glad to see you here bro. Let's have fun, heehee.

cheers

ace4016
09-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Good luck:thumbsup:

artjunkie
09-08-2005, 10:52 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1126176716_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1126176716_large.jpg)

With such a broad topic for this challenge, I've found it a bit difficult in nailing down some concepts. I'm still trying to hash out 3 or 4 more.

Anyhoo... here's the first of the ideas, trying to capture that SPECTACULAR sensation when one dreams of flying (man, I LOVE those kinda dreams). This idea is still pretty preliminary, and I'm not sure it meets all the challenge guidelines: '...within the realm of possibility.' *shrug*

More crazy concept goodness to come... now I must be off to work!

UP, UP AND AWAY... SWOOSH!

fooxoo
09-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Oooo Interesting idea :D Good luck :D

duddlebug
09-08-2005, 10:57 AM
I was thinking about 'spectacular' dreams this morning... and i reckon the birds and dreams of flying could be very spectacular!

from your sketches, i assume you're gonna do lots of playing around with the girl's pose and the perspective... could be fun! Good luck!

Vectorius
09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
YYEEAAAAHHH!!! good to see you !!:) what's up? good start with tyhis nice sketch and good idea!!! good luck Art and see you soon on this thread!:)

Miyagu
09-08-2005, 12:19 PM
hi! love the ravens and the theme! good luck! :beer:

xric7
09-08-2005, 01:12 PM
nice ideea,mate!!honestly tell u I think about something like this too.:argh: hehe...but now I have another idea.:D I will wait to see what come next from u.cheers.

artjunkie
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the kind words folks. Great to see so many familiar names! I'm still working up some more concepts and will post them soon... I PROMISE!

NOOB: *zim voice* "I love destruction. DESTRUCTION IS NICE!" LOL... dude, I love that show. Thanks for the encouragement.

Squibbit: Thanks, mang!

MDN67: Nice of you to visit, Laurent! And good luck to you!

duddlebug: Thanks. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your magic! Man, I love your character design.

calisto: Thank you so much. Cheers!

NinjaASSN: Dude! Let's get busy with da madness! Good luck to you, bro... I know you'll do well.

ArtisticVisions: Thanks for your kind words regarding my M&S entry.

the1st_angel: What an honor to see you visiting my little 'ol thread! I'm so looking forward to seeing what you come up for this challenge. Good luck Sacha, I know you'll rock da house!!!

Arc80: Wonderful to see you again, bro! Fun, indeed!

ace4016: Thanks. Same to you, mate!

fooxoo: Thank you. Glad you think so. More concepts to follow!

duddlebug: Wow... strange how you were thinking about the dream theme... hmm, must be a jedi thing - feeling a disturbance in the Force? LOL. Yeah, I'm gonna play around with the posing / angles. Just wanted to get the idea down first. I'll post 2 or 3 more concepts then choose one to go with... same as last time.

Fiolka Alexandre: Well, it's great to see YOU! LOL. I'm still struggling with my other concepts for this challenge, but will post something soon. The 'ol day job thing get's in the way sometimes... damn thing monopolizes my time! But I get paid so I can eat stuff, so I guess it's all good. See you soon!

dunkelgold: Ah, how wonderful to see you scoping out my humble scribblings! Glad you like this piece... I liked the ravens I used for an earlier concept for M&S, and wanted to include them here. Thank you... and good luck to you, though you hardly need it, Benita. You're awesome!!!

xric7: Dude! Great to see you back here! The 'dream theme' is large enough for anyone to try, so don't worry about me and my crappy concepts. Give it a try if you want, bro. Whatever you come up with will be breathtaking, I'm sure. Your stuff is amazing! Can't wait to see more from you.

mybutterflyiris
09-08-2005, 07:36 PM
I like this concept, and I also really like your sketch... I think it's really neat, and I think you captured that flight feeling in your sketch... keep working with these ideas... and goodluck

anilduran
09-08-2005, 09:43 PM
hi my bro...
it's really so nice to see you again in a new challenge...your work seems so impressive.
i'm looking forward to see your new sketches, and strong compositions
go on my bro ...

Arc80
09-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Ah yes, one day i'd wish to fly too...hehehe. Very nice idea bro. Like the way the birds are flowing and moving. Can't wait to see some more :bounce:

cheers

artjunkie
09-08-2005, 11:56 PM
mybutterflyiris: Thank you very much! I'm glad you get a sense of flight from those sketches... I was worried it wouldn't translate very well.

anil6tr: Ah, good to see you visiting my thread. Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, I will post more concepts soon... SOON, I promise.

Arc80: Yeah, I love dreams where I fly... what? You weren't talkin' about dreams? Oh... OH!

NinjaA55N
09-09-2005, 11:09 AM
great start buddy! love that sketch a lot, just the pose of the girl isnt very relaxed I think.. other than that, superb! :)

Screenblind
09-09-2005, 11:16 AM
When I dream of flying - it usual starts as a struggle to 'swim' up into the air - neither graceful nor spectacular :)... I like the invisibly suspended 'weight' you've lent to your initial sketch and look forward to seeing how this one develops.

AlyFell
09-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I love this drawing Grant. Flying dreams are incredible. I think it does meet the criteria; pretty spectacular in my eyes. Maybe try something with her arms curling round over her head like a ballerina... The birds are fab!

artjunkie
09-11-2005, 11:25 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1126437897_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1126437897_large.jpg)

Another concept I've been trying to develop. The idea that humanity may at some point try to control their evolutionary path, opting to 'engineer' themselves to suit various worlds / environments. I want to show this huge lab with a wall sized aquarium filled with 'experiments' as regular human scientist dudes monitor them.

Here's a bit of the engineered creature design I'm playing around with. Not sure if I'll follow up on this idea... but, I like drawing creatures!

More concepts to follow, since I haven't really found one I like much. *sigh*

Thanks to everyone who's been kind enough to visit and encourage! It's muchly appreciated.

Cheers!

NOOB!
09-11-2005, 11:34 AM
did someone say,evolution?? :D

great art man,it looks like his ballsack is hanging out on the right character though:applause:

can't wait for more

artjunkie
09-11-2005, 11:43 AM
NinjaASSN: Thanks man... yeah, her pose is a bit stiff. I'll remedy that if I continue with the concept.

Avatarist: Thanks for your encouraging comment!

Poshspice: Yes, flying dreams do rock! I'm glad you like it! If I continue with this concept, I'll make her pose more relaxed or fluid. I'll have a look at some modern dance or ballet forms for pose reference... thanks for the idea!

NOOB!: LOL! Hey, what's wrong with a bit of ball sack showing? It's not like I can put pants on these guys, LOL! Thanks for the encouragement, bro.

Llynna
09-11-2005, 12:05 PM
your creatures are really cool :) especially the tentacle guy. your story somehow reminds me of arc the lad II, an old rpg, where they turn children into monsters too.

give him fluffy pink pants *rofl* i think they would suid him :rolleyes:

R-K
09-11-2005, 12:20 PM
nice creatures, good values, good sense of form here.

artjunkie
09-11-2005, 01:19 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1126444737_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1126444737_large.jpg)

Here's a quick comp study of this particular concept. I wanted to get the feeling like you're inside the tank, looking out at the scientists. I tried an earlier composition where the viewer was outside the tank, but this viewpoint has a bit more impact and helps the viewer empathize with these creatures, not the scientists.

I'm gonna work up another concept today / tomorrow... something totally different. Stay tuned, kids!

artjunkie
09-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Llynna: Thanks, glad you like the designs. Arc the Lad... I know of the game, but have never played it. Kids into monsters, huh? Sounds great! LOL!

Ranath: Thank you... I hope to better visualize the form and textures in the paint process.

Shadow Seraph
09-11-2005, 01:24 PM
The aliens are coming together nicely, great feeling here, has a very lab science feel, the detail I think could be immence... right now I kind of picture a cool tonal coloring but we'll see where you take it.

rawgon
09-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi man, what an awsome creature design! Yeah, very cool stuff its going to be a great picture! keep up with that

Rebeccak
09-11-2005, 01:28 PM
artjunkie,

These are awesome designs! Wish you would post stuff on the Anatomy Forum, *hint* *hint* *hint* ~ we have a creature design thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257600) just waiting for you! :)

Good luck in the competition! I liked your first concept, too. :)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

NOOB!
09-11-2005, 01:28 PM
put dib in there screaming:D

great work still man.

artjunkie
09-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Wish you would post stuff on the Anatomy Forum, *hint* *hint* *hint* ~ we have a creature design thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257600) just waiting for you! :)

To tell the truth, I've been intimidated by how good your anatomy work is. I've just been admiring the forum from afar...:love:. But hey, this creature design thread could be fun! *heads on over to scope out the love* Thanks!!!

NOOB!: Great idea! LOL!

renderwhite: Thanks! I'm not totally sold on this concept yet. I'll try to hash out some more before I decide.

Shadow Seraph: Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I can realize it's potential in the painting (if I go with this one).

umbrellasky
09-11-2005, 01:40 PM
wow! great idea!. I like your concepts so far. The last one looks like a great way of presenting you idea.

Good luck! :)

BaronImpossible
09-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I like your creature designs, but the composition and view from inside the tank is the most impressive - I could see what was going on straight away. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Nikolay
09-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Very interesting ideas!:thumbsup:

Ducklator
09-11-2005, 11:56 PM
nice concepts... good luck man.:thumbsup:

xric7
09-12-2005, 07:34 AM
interesting idea!and very nice creature design.I love it.
cheers.

W-I-L
09-12-2005, 07:44 AM
hmm .. thats some good stuff. io was thinking of doing something similiar .. keep it coming

Arc80
09-13-2005, 02:08 AM
whoa! another idea...the creature looks tight bro :thumbsup: and the camera angle is working. It definately feels like you're inside the tank. Are they going to eat those scientist? (sadistic thoughts...sorry :D ) will be back for more progress and what idea you choose.

cheers mate

artjunkie
09-13-2005, 02:15 AM
enialadam: Thanks alot! I have to get around to posting my other concepts... I'm struggling with coming up with something I REALLY like. :shrug:

Baron Impossible: Wow, such awesome compliments from such a talented artist! I'm humbled. Thanks!

Nikolay: I'm glad you like the concpet!

Ducklator: Thanks... and good luck to you!

xric7: Thank you so much for your possitive input, bro! It means alot coming from a master like yourself.

W!L: Great to see you buddy! Hey, if you're thinkin' along the same lines, then I say go for it. I'm not even sure if I'll continue with this concpet. Even if I do, I'm sure our pieces will be sufficently original from each other. :thumbsup: Thanks for the encouragement!

artjunkie
09-13-2005, 02:17 AM
Are they going to eat those scientist? (sadistic thoughts...sorry :D )

LOL! Don't apologize, man... the thought already crossed my mind! But, no... I probably won't have the engineered creatures actually EATING the scientists. At least not in THIS version. Heh, heh...

Thanks for the input!

Cheers!

beelow
09-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Great, compo in the last peice, Lovin those creature designs too!:thumbsup:

spacesnail
09-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Hello Artjunkie !

Just some words like : WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW... okay stop here.
Looking at your geat sketches, i can't even imagine how the final pic will be :eek: :bounce:

That's impressive, and makes me depressive... Lol

Waiting for more (if possible)

Manu

MichaelZHsee
09-13-2005, 07:30 AM
great concept sketches:eek:,those creatures are very well designed,all the way dude~i'll be sure to check in again later,ur thread are smokin':thumbsup:

mannix8
09-13-2005, 08:10 AM
those are very nice designs and concepts

NinjaA55N
09-13-2005, 12:22 PM
must agree with the Baron.. very impressive and well presented!

tAstyBITs
09-14-2005, 01:05 AM
looks great, is this like a alien first contact thing?

p4b10
09-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I really like that last composition. Nice creatures going on. Good luck!

pablo

2xbo
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi artjunkie. Nice Sketches. I'm looking forward for the next step. Looks great so far.

Good luck
xbo :scream:

Korline
09-18-2005, 09:25 PM
I love the whay you do those high lights
awsome :applause:

ogar555
09-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Darn, another skilled artist joined the frey... curses! :D

TheFirstAngel
09-24-2005, 02:22 AM
hahaha rox big time mate! lol, can i have one o dose for xmas? what do they eat :applause:

keep on rockin mate, freakin sweat on the run keep it up mate! :beer: :arteest: :buttrock:

artjunkie
09-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while... still struggling with coming to grips with this 'SPECTACULAR' theme. I find it a bit broad and difficult to really find something I like. Anyhoo... I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE to post something today... yes, TODAY... seriously... maybe...

beelow: Thanks, glad you liked the composition. I love designing creatures... creatures ROCK!

spacesnail: Hey, bro! Glad you like the sketches... though I'm sure I don't 'depress' you with my drawing skills, LOL. You're a MASTER for god's sake! :buttrock:

sh@ke: Thanks so much! I'm glad you stopped by.

mannix8: Thank you.

NinjaASSN: Aw... thanks Blaz! That means alot comin' from someone as talented as yourself. I'm humbled.

tAsty BITs: No, they aren't 'aliens' really... genetically engineered creatures designed to evolve humanity so they can survive in various conditions (in this case, underwater?) Thanks for droppin' in!

p4b10: Thanks Pablo! Your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

2xbo: I'm glad you like it so far (hopefully it'll get better, LOL) Cheers.

Korline: Thanks... just trying to rough out values to create form... the great masters did this kind of stuff all the time and I love the way it looks!

ogar555: LOL, well Oskar, I'm not sure how 'skilled' I am, but thanks for your wonderfully sarcastic encouragement! :applause:

the1st_angel: Oh, Sacha... you make me smile. Of course you can have one of my creatures for xmas. However, I don't think I can manage to engineer one at such short notice (and forget about getting the custom made aquarium built before Dec) so you'll have to settle for a SKETCH of the creature for now. :D Thanks so much for your wonderful encouragement. I love your art by the way, and am humbled you stopped by *hangs head bashfully & kicks at the ground* I'm such a fanboy.:love:

artjunkie
09-24-2005, 12:58 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1127566680_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1127566680_large.jpg)

Another quick sketch inspired by the old 1950's sci-fi movies. Here, a group of intrepid explorers land on a planet inhabitted by SPECTACULAR life forms (designs currently in process). WOW and SHAZAM!

artjunkie
09-24-2005, 01:02 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1127566963_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1127566963_large.jpg)

Here's a concept I've been playin' around with regarding the celtic figure of the green man (or wood spirit). I'd have this dude seem like he's actually growing out of the tree (put some birds & bugs in his beard, branches as his hair, etc). Can you imagine walking in the wood and seeing this guy? Dude, that'd be... SPECTACULAR, or something.

*shrug*

Arc80
09-25-2005, 05:04 AM
Another great ideas bro :thumbsup: The space discovery is sticking out to me and i like the composition of it. Hmm...what to choose. What to choose?
The dream of flight or space discovery....

cheers bro, be back for more :bounce:

artjunkie
09-25-2005, 12:47 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1127652454_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1127652454_large.jpg)

Here are some character design sketches for the 'green man'. I'm not sure if I'll go with this concept yet... just wanted an excuse to draw (tee hee). I'm gonna work up some alien designs for the previous concept (space discovery). I know I'm kinda dancin' around the SPECTACULAR theme, but I need to find something that really appeals to me before I commit to a piece.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and support. You guys ROCK!

Wish me luck!

Rudeone
09-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Wow you have some great concepts going on here, I can't really say I have a favorite, I like em all and they all have great potential!

Very cool sketches BTW, the green man is awesome! keep it up!

subliminal
09-25-2005, 01:57 PM
nice sketch ,more post ! :) good luck !

monsitj
09-25-2005, 03:13 PM
The right guy in your sketch is awesome! good job man!

xric7
09-25-2005, 06:23 PM
hi buddy,very nice design.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: cool concept and great sketch.yes,right guy is realy awesome.
waiting to see next step.
cheers bro. :bounce:

Rebeccak
09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
To tell the truth, I've been intimidated by how good your anatomy work is. I've just been admiring the forum from afar...:love:. But hey, this creature design thread could be fun! *heads on over to scope out the love* Thanks!!!
ROFL, I just saw this post...thanks a lot for the compliment, but I am probably the least intimidating person in the world...lol! Best of luck with the challenge! :)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

asparta
09-25-2005, 07:38 PM
adorable way of drawing, nice two characters and the concepts before that...it seams you are just like me - lots and lots of ideas...but i'm affraid about that because it may result in hard juddging...and that is why i don't let myself fall into something different of the first sketch...well, at least not in the conntext of the contest!

artjunkie
09-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Arc80: Yeah, I kinda like the space discovery idea too... but none of the concepts I've done so far REALLY impress me yet. *sigh... draws some more*

Rudeone: Thanks alot! Glad you like the sketches. I kinda had fun with the green man design... maybe I'll do some more? :shrug:

subliminal: Thank you... I will! :D

monsitj: Yeah, I like the green man design on the right too. I think (if I go with this concept) I'll continue from that design and try to push it further.

xric7: Thanks for your kind words, bro... the encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Rebeccak: Oh, my dear... I didn't mean to say YOU were intimidating LOL! I think you're a sweetheart. :love: No, I just meant I am in awe of your talent, hence I feel a little intimidated by your AWESOMENESS! :D And good luck to you!

asparta: Thanks for the encouraging words. Yeah, lots of ideas can be a bit of a curse when you have to decide on which to bring to completion. However, I've yet to come up with one I REALLY like, yet. I guess more concepts will follow... sigh. :scream:

Thanks again to everyone for graciously taking time to visit my humble little thread. I learn so much from watchin you guys develop your concepts. This community rocks! :buttrock:

Cheers!

MoonVisionStudio
09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Very nice drawings from the beggining. The green men concepts are very good!

TheFirstAngel
09-26-2005, 02:32 AM
oh danm 2 new hot shots, blazing me of my chair again! the treespirit is just awesome, your character designs kick ass! love your style and the subtile humor i can find in every piece of yours! the scifi concept is very cool as well, and i can't wait to see more of your funny creatures pop into our world. i take back the xmaswish, lol, i want an artjunky zoo :p
weeee, keep up your great works mate (hahaha, and i'm such a fanboy too!) go go go!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

MichaelZHsee
09-26-2005, 06:57 AM
thats another 2 interesting character design~,cool,let ur imagination runs wild! good stuff :scream:

CG-AvangarD
10-03-2005, 11:39 AM
awesome looking charecte you'v got there bro!!!great work so far. rock on man!!!

jakiloblanco
10-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Come on Grant! Give-er~~! Haven't posted in a while eh? And add a little parkour in there somewhere ;)

Your ideas are fantastic.

Atris
10-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Hi! Your character is very interesting! I like it! Very good drawing! Good luck! :)

artjunkie
12-01-2005, 11:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133482463_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133482463_large.jpg)

Hi all...

Sorry for the lack of updates during this challenge, but I just finished my work contract and have been busy busting my butt on a new portfolio and some job hunting. The temporary madness has subsided and I now have 3 AND A HALF DAYS to finish my challenge. Well, no time for idle banter... onto the updates!

Here's a colouring pass. Yes, by the way... I'm going with the 'engineered evolution' concept 'cause I like crazy creatures so much.

More to follow soon (as if I had a choice!)LOL

Cheers!

Mythmaker
12-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Nice idea and composition - looks very promising! Looks like your on for the last minute rush - I'm pulling my hair out! ;)

artjunkie
12-01-2005, 11:40 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133484051_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133484051_large.jpg)

Just a quick artificial lighting pass. Not sure if I want to keep the harsh keylight around the creatures... I'll probably dull them down quite a bit.

More underwater goodness to come.

artjunkie
12-02-2005, 12:30 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133487026_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133487026_large.jpg)

Just more tweaks to the overall lighting and foreground crap near the bottom. Added some kelp-like goop on the walls for texture (guess they don't clean the aquarium often). Must sleep now... more posts tomorrow.

Snooze...

Squibbit
12-02-2005, 01:10 AM
godspeed!

the pic needs some kick , boost, yanno..

the monster full in view could do with somw lower limbs
or tail that seemngly had some muscle in them, now
it looks like it's dragging it's lower body behind

then you could do with a crack in the corner of the big
glass, and a little monster beside it , anticipation gleaming
in its red eyes. Hey maybe it has a sharp rock , or a hammer
in hand behind its back..

some of those cloaked dudes might have some scientific
apparati in hand, u know, tricorders and PSP's ..

heh

very nice start , tho, and nice to see u back, artjunkie

artjunkie
12-02-2005, 01:42 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133491331_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133491331_large.jpg)

Just defining a few shapes and outlines before I call it a night.

Squib... awesome ideas, LOL... you know you're crazy, right? Thanks for stopping by, buddy.

Cheers all... and good night!

Arc80
12-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Welcome back bro :bounce: This is looking good and the lighting is great. Good start on the texturing as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Is it going to be a monochromatic colour comp or are you going to add some warm lights?

be back to see more mate
cheers

anilduran
12-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Well come back dear bro.Seeing you again is really so good.
I hope to see your final image as soon.
hurry up..

authentic
12-02-2005, 07:49 AM
excellent. LIke the composition.

ChrisThatGuy
12-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Oooh, very nice. I can't believe I missed this up until now. Great lighting.

artjunkie
12-04-2005, 04:06 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133715981_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133715981_large.jpg)

Introduced some colour variation and more details emerging. Don't think I will be able to finish this for the challenge, but I'll continue to work on it regardless (maybe post it in the finished works section?)

Anyhoo... more painting to be done, so I'm off again!

Cheers

artjunkie
12-05-2005, 02:21 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133796060_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133796060_large.jpg)

More colour and details added... no way I'm gonna finish this one, but I'll continue till the end, nonetheless. I just love painting and drawing stuff!

cheers!

R-K
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
aww c'mon try to make it. Stop eating and breathing for the rest of the day and finish this!

MichaelZHsee
12-06-2005, 02:16 AM
looks real good here~just alil more to go and ur done.a very well chosed angle i kinda like those subtle lil details on the creatures textures.go on and finish it~:scream:

artjunkie
12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133884471_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133884471_large.jpg)

YIKES! I just realized after all this time I didn't post a 'line art'. Duh! Stoopid me... well, this will have to do.

artjunkie
12-06-2005, 02:57 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133884619_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7901/7901_1133884619_large.jpg)

A wee bit more detail added here and there... plus a little reflection goin on in the glass (not sure if I'm happy with it). Hmmm... 8 hrs to go...

xric7
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
oh no buddy,sorry to see it not finished:cry: :cry: :cry: .I love this piece.realy awesome.hope to see the finish image later and cua next contest.cheers bros.:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.