PDA

View Full Version : Power Puff Girls

Shockwave
02-23-2002, 09:48 AM
Here is a picture of what I'm currently working on. I did it Maya 4.0 and with a Photoshop filter. Tell what you think. I'm planning on making an entire episode. My only problem is need someone to do the voices. Anyone interested?

http://www.geocities.com/shockwave00/CartoonGirls.jpg

Shockwave.

Ls3D
02-23-2002, 10:01 AM
FYI - Your picture went Puff!

And without having seen anything are you sure you don't want to create something original?

When you say 'entire episode' do you mean 26 minutes?

I just worked all year on 3.5 minutes.

-S

Daniel
02-23-2002, 02:54 PM
hehe, I thought about to model this girls too.

The modeling skill is very low :p

So and now repost the pic!

Cya.

BASSit
02-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Hi, i dont know the original girls but if they are modeled in 3D they are cool... Maybe the cell shader could produce some shadows - it looks too flat for me. But maybe thats the look you were after ;)

Here´s the link:

http://www.geocities.com/shockwave00/CartoonGirls.jpg

COPY & PASTE !!!

Squash&Strech
02-23-2002, 09:02 PM
Ls3D,

that 3.5 min of animation in a year sounds familiar, you must have been working on a feature....

As for the Power Puff Girls, they are cute, but I agree, something original is always a good thing, even if your characters are simple they will still be yours. If you are planning on doing an Episode with them remember that you don't own then and can not show it to make money. but if it is purely for the Fun and joy of doing animation for your self then have fun. An episode is a Hell of a lot of work though........:))

Ls3D
02-23-2002, 11:32 PM
Look at Chris Garder's Deathmatch (tennis with the reaper), simple character, simple animation, cute story and he got the coverted CGchannel cover page!

I have already seen 3 different people create 3D Puff Girls!

I think one would be better off animating 3 spheres and a cube as long as there was a story with emotion envolved and good lighting.

And if one is just starting out and doing this for fun, then whatever! Recreate Buzz Light year, try and animate a 3D Ren & Stimpy - do lots of space scenes, etc.. learning never ends.

Shockwave
02-24-2002, 01:38 AM
hi All,

I understand that something original is always good. But its LS3D said. I actually just wanted to do it for the fun of. I'm actually a good modeler and I never get anytime to animate so this is my quick way of creating something to animate. Also I love cartoons to death and have constantly been trying to digitally reproduce the cartoon effect, and what better way than by trying to fool people who know what these characters look and feel like.
As for me doing an entire episode I meant only a short one some episodes are as short as 6 minutes. I will be using a lot of cartoon techniques such a single frame animation and such. It will be quite quick to do.
Sorry about the picture link, din't realize that geocities was so rediculous.

Shockwave.

Shockwave
02-24-2002, 04:29 AM
Here is a new link to my picture. Hope it works.

http://the3d.ws/artists/shockwave/CartoonGirls.jpg

Manny
02-24-2002, 04:39 AM
hey really cool shader,you cant even tell thats its really 3d.keep it up.

Gilgamesh
02-24-2002, 05:45 AM
Yeah when I first opened up this thread I thought, what's it doing in the 3d section? It looks very clean. I'm not sure exactly how they are supposed to look, but the illustration lines around the outside edge is a lot thicker and darker than when it cuts in. So maybe it is supposed to be like that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.