PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Gunilla Elam

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Gunilla
09-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Gunilla Elam is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=7886)

Latest Update: Final Image: Two of a kind
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1132760063_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2847533#post2847533)

Gunilla
09-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi all, this is going to be fun!
Who can resist such a spectacular challenge? ... not me anyway :scream:

Lemog
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Spectacular, isn't ? :scream: Finally, you are here... for our pleasure, thanks. You're welcome and I wish the best things for you Gunilla...

...have a nice day and nice spectacular idea :wavey: ...with your particular touch :thumbsup:

JamesMK
09-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Yay, I wish thee good luck :wip:

monsitj
09-05-2005, 12:20 PM
yeah! glad to see you here again! good luck!Gunilla:bounce:

eddieellis
09-05-2005, 12:38 PM
good luck my friend, looking forward to working with you once again:thumbsup:

gpepper
09-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey ! Gun ! Nice to see U there !
Have fun with us !
:thumbsup:

hhssuu
09-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Gunilla i liked your entry last time, hope to see cool stuff from you again, good luck and have fun~ :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
09-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey gunilla, I loved your m&s entry and have high expectations! :)

DaddyMack
09-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi Gunilla, good luck and I look forward to playing alongside you again...

Gunilla
09-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Everyone - thanks a lot for the warm welcome ... strange, it feels like getting back to class after the summer.
I will very thouroghly think this demanding theme over, maybe start with the most important things - a good idea. Oh, and I definitely need a new avatar for this! :)
Good to see all the old challenge buddies gathered again. So, let the party begin - who has the beer? :beer:

Lemog
09-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Oh, and I definitely need a new avatar for this! :)Hahahahaha... I thought exactly to the same thing... perhaps a neuronne then? :scream:
...I survey here while waiting for the good idea :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Hahahahaha... I thought exactly to the same thing...

Transmission of thoughts again? haha

Avatars is always a real problem for me - no matter what I do I cannot make something that reflects my personality well... ahhh, I suppose this old blob will do :scream:

Lemog
09-05-2005, 03:06 PM
ahhh, I suppose this old blob will do :scream:
Nooooooooooo... don't be cruel with you... and take care your mind for the idea... :bounce:

Neeno
09-05-2005, 03:07 PM
gl dude.. all the best! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-05-2005, 03:08 PM
and take care your mind for the idea...

Ahhh, I will, I will... the energy will be better spent on the challenge idea. But seriously, if you like, I could use a hand with the avatar ... how about swapping? I send you some neurons and you make me an avatar? :scream:

handlebar
09-05-2005, 05:46 PM
yahoo, Gunillas back, looking forward to seeing what you have installed for us. Good luck my friend.

Rebeccak
09-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Go Gunilla!!! Good luck!!! :bounce:

Cheers! :)

~Rebeccak

ace4016
09-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Good luck:thumbsup:

mr_carl
09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Hello there Gunilla, good luck to u girl :D

Carl.

Climax
09-06-2005, 06:12 AM
eeeeeeeeiiiiiiYES!
Welcome on board my dear friend!
Have tons of fun!
:beer:

blakbird
09-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Good luck!! :)
Let the best wins.

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Thanks a lot - it feels great to finally get started with a new challenge...:)

I'm bouncing some ideas right now ... but I'm not yet sure, as usual my favourite concept is not exactly on target and also might be to hard for me to do... if I go with it I will probably need lots of help. And since it involves anatomy I'm especially glad to see rebeccak around! See you all later - have to go thinking :wavey:

ihamid
09-06-2005, 06:53 AM
hiya gunilla.... welcome to the clas..... spectacular :)!

Lemog
09-06-2005, 06:59 AM
but I'm not yet sure, as usual my favourite concept is not exactly on target and also might be to hard for me to do...

I'm actually in the same case... much ideas but the only one that agree me is the more far of the topic... I understand well your hesitation, but you can also explain us your idea. :)

Claireabella
09-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Hey Gunilla. Great to see you again. Good luck with the challenge!

3dRaven
09-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi Gunilla :D Great to see you in another challenge. I'm sure you'll have a bright idea by the end of the day :D

Have fun picking a subject

arLutiK
09-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Good to see you

Advice go with the easiest, cause you'll find out half way it was the hardest.

gpepper
09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Ok Gun, give us your concepts, we will tell U our opinion ! ;)

fgcity
09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Don't know any one of you since it's my first time applying for the challange but whish good luck anyway :)

TheFirstAngel
09-06-2005, 09:25 AM
hehe, just droppin by to wish you loadsa fun and best of luck mate! just let your mind flow, its still early and there's loadsa space for crazy ideas! have a nice flight! :bounce::beer:

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the energy boost guys - you all rock :thumbsup:

Concept:
Let me try this thought on you... I keep coming back to this image.
One of the most spectacular things I can imagine is the fact that we're all alive... so the scene, a fetus floating in a vomb/space environment making us all realise just how fantastic this is.
I know this is really difficult and on the edge of the topic since it doesn't show a specific spectacular moment but rather an everyday situation... so, the level of specularity will be entirely up to how well I can execute the final. What do you say... good idea or bad?

Just as Gerard points out, it's a really simple straight-forward scene and therefore difficult. Ah well, at least it will give me opportunitys to practise :)
Hope to have a sketch up later but boss demands a demo made by tomorrow :banghead:

Lemog
09-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Obviously, the idea is very good, and very strong, because there's certainly nothing more spectacular in the life. This subject will seem to you certainly more than an interstellar war between Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwartznegger.
As for my second subject... you must do the choice to be or not at the border of the subject. I hope that the night will carry council. :bounce:

Hope to have a sketch up later but boss demands a demo made by tomorrow
hmmmm... do you want I explain to your boss about the great challenge here... or you continue to put music strong when you're typing ? :scream:

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Lemog - thanks for supporting the idea ... I was hoping you would :)
And yes, this is definitely along my lines... but perhaps it would fit the theme better if I make Bruce Willis as a fetus? :scream:
I will continue to think ... while playing music as loud as I can, hahaha

djiemsi
09-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Gunilla, nice too see you again on this challenge. Good luke. I am waiting to see your work :)

gpepper
09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Ok Gun...
I will wait for your concept sketch, cos I'm afraid that I didn't understand the meaning of what you've planed to do... :argh:

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 06:19 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126027143_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126027143_large.jpg)

First early concept sketch - may very well change later. Let me know what you think.

Lemog
09-06-2005, 08:38 PM
but perhaps it would fit the theme better if I make Bruce Willis as a fetus? :scream:

To thanks... we don't have enough blood and special effects in stock... I prefer the beauty of the life than the horror of the death...

...definitively, you can and you must continue in your way... your style, your graphic treatment and you sensitive must do the difference... let's go then :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Hmmm ... thanks Lolo. It has really got stuck in my mind now so I suppose I have to give it a try. I will definitely sleep on it before making the decision. But I found the inspiration post (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=2609002&postcount=98)by Mark Snoswell and I believe this could very well fit under the "Peacock example". All that remains is for me to make it spectacular, right? :)

jddog
09-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I love your concept, nothig to say ! Very very emotional and well, agree: spectacular !
jdd

JamesMK
09-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Definitely fits the peacock category :D This could very well work magnificently, though it will be a huge load of work to make it really shine - so :wip:

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Lilian, Gilles - thanks for stopping by and wishing me well.

Laurent - again thanks for your wonderful way to encourage my visions :)

Julien - thanks a lot, amte - just the right push in the right moment!

James - Ah well, thanks for backing it. And yes, horrorsome loads of work ahead... my laziness must have slipped my mind for a while.
I will need lots of references and lots of modelig tuts to make this what I want to... it's going to be really fun.

Nichod
09-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Good concept. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

eddieellis
09-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Hey My friend, well you know what i think, if you want some ref pics look at the work The Mill made for a UK Tv program.. they really did a good job

mr_carl
09-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Exelent consept Gunilla, really like it verry much, (just wish Icould have come up with it first :D).
Anyway keep going good.

Carl.

Lemog
09-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Hmmm ... thanks Lolo. It has really got stuck in my mind now so I suppose I have to give it a try. I will definitely sleep on it before making the decision. But I found the inspiration post (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=2609002&postcount=98)by Mark Snoswell and I believe this could very well fit under the "Peacock example". All that remains is for me to make it spectacular, right? :)
Good morning girl... after a good night... that's appear clear at first view... you must follow this way, your way... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: and be spectacular :buttrock:

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126078613_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126078613_large.jpg)

First early grabs from google - to use as inspiration

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Brian - thanks! It's going to be interesting for me too. :)

Eddie - ahhh, I found a still from it - will try to find some more, looks really stunning. thanks mate!

Carl - thanks for cheering :)

Lemog - No problem, spectacular comes naturally for me :scream: And yes, I will try this one even if it will take a lot of work :wip:

JamesMK
09-07-2005, 08:51 AM
The bottom-right one seems to be just what you're looking for (that just has to be a Lennart Nilsson photo btw :) )

gpepper
09-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Ok cool concept, maybe one of the most spectacular things, life...
As I can remember I think "The Mill" did something very spectacular with a CGbaby for an advertisement...

Something called "Badenia Baby"... Take a look at that, it is really cool...

I found a video on it on the Mill's website...

Lemog
09-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Pretty cool... that remain me my first searching during the machineflesh challenge... but you will give us a more optimist vision... fortunetely :thumbsup:

flaeticia
09-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Ok cool concept, maybe one of the most spectacular things, life...
As I can remember I think "The Mill" did something very spectacular with a CGbaby for an advertisement...

Something called "Badenia Baby"... Take a look at that, it is really cool...

I found a video on it on the Mill's website...

yessss as always, the mill have make an excellent work on this baby :bounce: maya insideeeee ! :)

i like your concept Gunilla, and your sketch too :) have fun ! and good luck ! :)

MacAndre
09-07-2005, 10:09 AM
oh sh**! i haven´t seen this thread before. i think we have the same idea, but viewing this idea from different sides... good luck to you... :)

Elendil_le_Grand
09-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Good Luck ;)

ilusiondigital
09-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Hiiiii, my dear gunilla, all my best wishes for you in this contest.

Cheers

monsitj
09-07-2005, 11:03 AM
the bottom right is great! it will come out very emotional!

Robert.C
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
very good idea !:thumbsup:
If two baby ,more spectacular ?:)
rc

sonicstrawbery
09-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi Gunilla, nice to see you back, it will be great to follow this thread i'm sure !

The foetus idea looks great, can be very emotive ! :)

I follow your thread and wish you good luck !

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
James - yep - that's the one - now I only have to find a front and back pic from the same age... It's Lennart Nilsson all right - isn't he the greatest? I think this shot is almost 50 years old now. :scream:

Gilles - do you have the URL? I was at the Mill website and found only the documentary that Eddie mentioned - have to go back and check again then, thanks mate :thumbsup:

Lemog - we don't know yet how optimistic this will be in the end - after I've tried to model for awhile it might end up like some true machineflesh piece, hahaha - I've modelophobia, you know. :banghead:

flaeticia - and now I really have to find that Mill video! Thanks, and good luck to you too :thumbsup:

Andre - I'm sure it's no trouble, I haven't seen yours yet but ideas have to be the same when so many participates. I'm sure they will turn out different in the end anyway - good luck!

Nicolas - merci beaucuop, monsieur ;) ( I got that right, yes?)

Victor - Hi buddy! Are you in? Haven't seen your thread... thanks for stopping by :wavey:

Monsit - thanks, yes - if I can do anything with that kind of emotion I will be a very happy girl :)

Robert -ahh, might be! :scream: Actually I was maybe thinking of making a starfield of babies - we'll see... thanks.

Sebastien - nice to see you back! So, are you in yet? this will be a fun one ( aren't they all? :D)

gpepper
09-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Gilles - do you have the URL? I was at the Mill website and found only the documentary that Eddie mentioned - have to go back and check again then, thanks mate :thumbsup:

Now it is a flash site and I can't give U the exact url...
Here is a little step by step to help U to find it:
First, open your favourite web browser, then enter the adress http://www.the-mill.com/
On the left side of the site, there is a search engine... type badenia... 1 result found... click on that result...U can read the article but I think U would be more interested by the video! :argh:
so on the right of the site there is something written in green " view on Beam tv"... Click on it, a popup get opened... click on play reel... HERE WE ARE !

Have fun watching this amazing reel !

Lemog
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I've modelophobia, you know. :banghead:
Tsss tsss... you can do better... you must do... then you do... :thumbsup: Only one secret to be better... take the necessary time, you can't finish before beginning... and you must merit your talent :bounce:

ArcanaArt
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi there Gunilla :-) nice to se that you have entered this challange :-)
i will try to check your thread as often as i can :-) good luck :-D

Lycka till :-D

/Peter

handlebar
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
great concept Gunilla, the most spectacular event known to man http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 04:15 PM
click on play reel... HERE WE ARE !

Found it Gilles, thanks! awesome! :drool::cry::banghead: ... erhh... well, mine will be younger.
Stunning really - something to aim for perhaps :shrug:

Tsss tsss... you can do better... you must do... then you do... :thumbsup:

Ahh - aren't you the sweetest :love:But your right, I need to take the time for this... perhaps the final will fit in the next challenge? :scream:

Peter- Hi! thanks for coming by - are you in this time?

Steven - thanks mate, I hope to make it justice :)

Tremoside
09-07-2005, 06:22 PM
That's a real spectacular idea! Gentle, full of emotions and the truly miracle of humanity. Good luck Gunilla, i'll keep an eye here! :wavey:

blakbird
09-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Babies are wonderful. Me and my wife will have one in early November i hope i pray.:bounce:

claudiojordao
09-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Hello Gunilla, nice to see you again... and the all pack too :)
I'm very curious for you work, good luck friend.

Neeno
09-08-2005, 11:43 AM
dude im liking your idea very powerful but i'd like to see something more spectacular then just the baby in the womb.. sorry i havnt read everything thats been happening in your thread, so if i say something that already been mentioned forgive me.. i'd like to see more evolution in the creation phase of the baby in the image your gonna portray more then just a cute baby in a womb.. what do you say?

Gunilla
09-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Tremo - thanks mate, I'll be happy to see you around :)

levent - wow, now that's truly spectacular! Congrats for the baby-to-be.

Claudio - good to see you and thanks. I'm quite curious myself actually. :)

neeno - you definitely have a point there... I think it all has to do with how well I make it. Other than that I think that a simple plain idea could work very well in this case... but a lot of things can happen, I might adding a lot of stuff to make it work :scream:

I'm still in the phase of collecting references for this - don't expect any updates in a near future. I'm glad to have three months this time, I will surely need it. Thanks all for stoppin by:wavey:

alexfalchi
09-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Gunilla my dear...have good luck and keep up!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

alancamara
09-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi Gunilla,
This is the true spectacle, the begin of the life. I hope to see more :thumbsup:

Nomad
09-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Well... same as Neeno I don`t see yet anything spectacular with this baby :shrug: even you add odd machinery the problem is the message you want to transmit... I don`t see anyone clear... sorry to be rude but I think this is good to have few negative opinions in dozens of positives...

Keep going... :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
09-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Hmm... what about twins? (just to increase the spectacularity factor :) )

Climax
09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
• Woah! a truly spectacular event, Keep'em comming pal it promise an interesting shot!

Gunilla
09-09-2005, 06:47 AM
Alex - Hi mate! thanks a lot. Are you in this time? I think you should - this will be fun :thumbsup:

Alan - that's the way I was thinking - now to see if I can make it justice... thanks.

Maciej - I'm aware of the difficulties with this concept. What I want to do is not a sense of action but more a silent wow feel... just being aware of how fantastic this moment really is for all of us. If I can't make that Wow happen it will not work. So, I will spend some time with this to see if I believe I can make it - this will be the true challenge for me. If I find out it wont work I go with another concept, I have some ideas that might be easier to fulfill. thanks for being up front, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Fabian - haha, now there are two votes for twins! Perhaps it's a good idea... thanks:)

Omar - thanks for cheering, you're enthusiasm is pushing me on :bounce:

I've got some other work that needs to be done today, hope to get the time to start modeling during the weekend. See you all and thanks for your interest!

Lemog
09-09-2005, 06:50 AM
I've got some other work that needs to be done today, hope to get the time to start modeling during the weekend. See you all and thanks for your interest!
Why we're obliged to work, we're well here during these challenges, not ? :scream: I will ask to your boss more free time for you :bounce:

kmest
09-09-2005, 11:44 AM
oohhh....liked your idea...its original......it can be both lovely and scary at the same time...
goodluck on that:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126078613_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126078613_large.jpg)

First early grabs from google - to use as inspiration

Bottom ( The right one .....) ROCKS ...i say go with this one..:bounce:

JamesMK
09-09-2005, 06:52 PM
hope to get the time to start modeling during the weekend
Sheesh... well, OK then... but it had better be good then!

Gunilla
09-09-2005, 09:05 PM
I will ask to your boss more free time for you :bounce:

Laurent - excellent! I'll PM you his phone number :scream: ... well, hopefully it will be easier later on when I may plan my time more freely.

Reza - yes I hope it to be both beautiful and scary ... we'll see, thanks for coming by :thumbsup:

Dimi - Yup, that's my main inspiration for this - thanks for making me even more convinced. :)

Sheesh... well, OK then... but it had better be good then!

James - ZING!!! ... and that comment just raised my level of modelophobia :D

I've been slurping the net for references now, trying to find as many pictures possible for the same age. I think I got enough for a 12weeks fetus. So, no more excuses to get started ...ahh, wait I really need to do the laundry first! :D

SuperXCM
09-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi Gunilla! :wavey:

Beautiful concept, excellent idea... i like it a lot.
As always, your concept is a great message, and i know it will be realised with an original and amazing style... waiting to see more... good luck my friend! :thumbsup:

PS:
So, let the party begin - who has the beer? :beer:
I have beer, lot of Belgian Beer!!! You're welcome as always!! :beer:

JamesMK
09-09-2005, 09:30 PM
ZING!!! ... and that comment just raised my level of modelophobia :D

Oops, sorry, it was supposed to be motivational :D

Lemog
09-09-2005, 09:38 PM
I've just start modeling in my project... and I'm now very happy to do that... I hope you can take the same pleasure in your modeling... it's not complicated, only time, reflexion and method... always thinking "in the space" before starting... and if you're not sure of "something", draw it before... and why not, scan this drawing to have a good reference in your 3d software...

...well... I'm completely mad... you know all that... I shut my mounth now and run girl :bounce:

Neeno
09-10-2005, 02:50 PM
laundry time is over... :shrug: ....*checks watch* now modeling time, She comes :thumbsup:

xric7
09-10-2005, 02:59 PM
very nice idea!can't wait to see ur modelling.cheers.:thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Lombardo - thanks for your greetings ( and of course the beers! :))

James - haha, it's fine - clearly on my way to get started now... thanks :thumbsup:

Laurent - All good advices - thank you! And sure you're mad... modeling and talking at the same time - unbelievable! :D

Neeno - thanks for the wakeup call - I must have overslept ... but I've started now - seriously :wip:

xric7 - thank you, neither can I :)

So - I better get started, huh? I'm currently in the "blank canvas stage" ... better wip some polygons up to at leat get started... updates later tonight.

keetmun
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey hey Gunilla! Another unique idea I must say, interested to see how this one will turn out. Have...work...to...do...I...can't...resist....

:buttrock:

eddieellis
09-10-2005, 04:40 PM
where's the modelling mate ?...... :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-10-2005, 05:20 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126369227_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126369227_large.jpg)

At least it's a start.

Gunilla
09-10-2005, 05:24 PM
So - here's the start for my fetus. Very rough, I'll add details plus hands and feet later. I think I might have some trouble with the face if I need to detail it a lot - perhaps I have to remake it alltogether ... don't know :shrug: Any helpful crits are very welcome at this stage.

keetmun - Hi buddy! Cool to see you again :thumbsup:

Eddie - OK - here it goes (nothing as little pressure to make me tick) :)

JamesMK
09-10-2005, 05:30 PM
At least it's a start.
But then again, that means the most difficult bit is now taken care of. There's nothing harder than getting started on a new piece of geometry IMHO.... just a blank canvas, or that darn cube staring at you :scream:

Anyways, modeling has officially begun - yay! :beer:

eddieellis
09-10-2005, 05:49 PM
lol.... all you needed was alittle prod

ihamid
09-10-2005, 05:59 PM
never seen a fetus up close dont know about the anatomy but looks pretty like one:)! i dont think u can go wrong in this one or can it? happy modeling and have fun gunilla!

cheers!

claudiojordao
09-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Good job Gunilla, it looks fine to me for now, lets see that progress ;) Thanks for you support on my thread.

DaddyMack
09-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi Gunilla, I can tell already that I'm going to deeply enjoy this journey with you;) I envy your subject matter...

ace4016
09-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Great start on the fetus. Just make sure to watch out around the legs and neck.

SuperXCM
09-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Hi!

nice start with the modeling, perhaps be care for the neck...between Chin(it's the correct word?) and plexus... it's hard to explain in english :blush: ...

Just my opinion, but i think you can really go on, it's a nice start... i'm waiting to see more!!

:beer:

mmoir
09-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey Gunilla,
This is a great idea and the model looks good as a start . I look forward to how this turns out as it is not the easiest image to do. Good luck.

handlebar
09-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Captureing the essence of life is an aweinspireing subject, great start to the modeling.http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

Gunilla
09-11-2005, 05:40 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126456852_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126456852_large.jpg)

Added hands and feet ... this is fun!

Gunilla
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
There's nothing harder than getting started on a new piece of geometry IMHO.... just a blank canvas, or that darn cube staring at you :scream:

Yes, it's awful every time - when painting I can get around it by filling the canvas with a tone first... but when modeling, it doesn't seem to do much to change the background color :scream: So, yay - I'm officially over the (first) threshold :bounce:

eddie - haha, yes - thanks mate for kicking my butt :thumbsup:

hamid - thanks you... but I can assure you, when it comes to me and modeling anything can go wrong :D

claudio - progress will come, I hope - and glad to be supporting your very original and interesting start :)

daddy - will be very happy to have you around on this, dear sir :thumbsup:

james - yes there will definitely be some tweaking in those areas. thanks for pointing it out!

Lombardo - thank you, I will definitely do more careful work. Great to have your advice on this and your english is also perfectly fine :beer:

mike - thanks! and yes... the trickiest part will probably be the texturing (which happens to be my favourite...) that and of course making it spectacular :D

steve - thanks, I hope this will be a fun and isnspiring one to do!

OK - next will probably be rough comp, lighting and stuff. And then of course finish the model - it's just a mirror right now which will change. I probably have the fetus quite blurred so I'm not sure yet how much detail I need for the model.
Thanks all for your interest :wavey:

romelalgo
09-11-2005, 06:34 PM
I search other baby, and scanned one of my books.
Here.

download (http://www.arq-design.net/proyectos/bebe.jpg) 1800x1800

http://www.arq-design.net/proyectos/bebe640.jpg

Tell me if you like this.
Good luck.

eddieellis
09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
lol... already a qute little fella

Keep em coming mate :thumbsup:

JamesMK
09-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Added hands and feet ... this is fun!
Looking good. There's a rather rough fold where the shoulder connects to the torso, but otherwise a damn fine modeling job, and you seem to have captured the odd shape of a young foetus successfully :thumbsup:

soapy
09-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey Gunilla, good to see you in the challenge! It looks like you have already made a great start. Good luck.

e-moo
09-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey Gunilla, i liked ur concept. good luck. :thumbsup:

SuperXCM
09-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Good update Gunilla.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Waiting to see more...:beer:

Lemog
09-12-2005, 09:01 AM
You start to complete a really beautiful work on this small thing.
He's already very nice. You worked really well, I'm impatient to discover the continuation, and how he will take life.
Cheers Gunilla... the way is good... the only thing I can crit for the moment, is the part of the shoulder, the arm seems to be extracted from the body, as if there were no scapula and no clavicle... I don't know if my explanation is clear :scream:
...now, I let you work on the continuation, good courage :wavey:

xric7
09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
nice update.
cheers.:thumbsup:

greentek
09-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Hi Gunilla!

And the best of luck!
Cheers,
Paul.

Lemog
09-13-2005, 07:13 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for your new avatar Gunilla... too funny and too pretty... ;)

gpepper
09-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey !? Nice start on the baby ! And your avatar is really cool too !
Keep the faith ! You ride through the good road !

Rebeccak
09-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Great work so far, Gunilla, and I agree, great avatar! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
09-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Romel - that is a wonderful image! Having the placenta form like a nebula just like that is in my plan. - thanks a lot!:bounce:

eddie - I think my baby might be a bit kinder than yours ... it will have a gentle arrival in the world...eventually. thanks for the cheering, much appreciated :)

James - thanks for your pointers, and for the compliments - It really helps to have inputs from all you good modelers for this :thumbsup:

Jim - good to see you too, and good to see you're off with a flying start for another totally soapy project :)

Imranul - thank you!

Lombardo - more will be coming for sure, thanks :thumbsup:

Lolo- Yes, that part have been really troublesome - I'm working on it right now. It's a bit tricky to find references that are not blurred ( for natural reasons) so I have to do some guesses here and there. Muchas gracias as always and a good day to you :)

Thitipon - thank you mate :thumbsup:

Paul! - how good to see you around! Are you going to join us this time around? :beer:

Well, I don't know about you guys - but I got very stressed by the server shutdown yesterday. Now that things are back to normal I might be able to get some done. Still have my annoying day job though so it will have to be for later, see you :wavey:

Gunilla
09-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Wow - the last replys came in while I was typing! Laurent, Gilles, Becka - thanks buddies:thumbsup:
Good to know you think I'm on the right track here, both workwise and avatar :scream:

scootermaya
09-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Well , we see the same faces again in this new challenge !

It's good to follow that.
Nice start Gunilla :thumbsup: It looks like you're going to ace this one ! I am watching carefully ...

sonicstrawbery
09-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Nice modeling start Gunilla :)

Your project is really interesting and will be fun to follow, keep it up !

Gunilla
09-13-2005, 03:29 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126621744_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126621744_large.jpg)

added ears and worked some on armpit.

Gunilla
09-13-2005, 03:37 PM
scooty, Michel - Hiya! good to see you here, are you going to join in? Good to know you'll be watching ;)

Cipher - thanks mate! I'll probably proceed quite slow due to other stuff - good thing we have more time this time around!

So, I've made some small tweaks - the armpit is still giving me some trouble but I think it's better now - what do you say? Also gave it a little ear, even if I'm not sure it should have one yet - aah, things happen so quickly in that age :D

I will leave the fetus for a while and move on to the placenta/nebula thing... I plan to try it with some different styles... maybe ornamental, growing, weblike or something. I believe I need something to boost the wow factor.

thanks all for your time and interest. :wavey:

ihamid
09-13-2005, 03:51 PM
hey gunilla the baby is forming nicely just like naturally!;) the ears look a bit odd but it early and ull fix it i anyway!

have fun !

Lemog
09-13-2005, 05:09 PM
added ears and worked some on armpit.

hmmmm. shoulders appears better now... ears seem a bit strange, no ? I think at this age, they are more formed... but I'm not a specialist :)
That's come good :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Hamid, Laurent - you're both absolutely right. The ear should look nothing like that, it should be much more rounded... thanks for pointing it out :beer:

beelow
09-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Nice fetus man, really cool! I am interested in how you are going to texture it, good luck will keep up, holla!:thumbsup:

SuperXCM
09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Hi Gunilla!

Good update.... and very cool new avatar!! :bounce:

Just my opinion, i think the bottom of the foetus is to "angular", but just my2cent... :shrug:
Anyway, this new avatar give an good idea of what it can be in the final picture.

Waiting to see more and placenta/nebula work, good job so far, keep going!! :beer:

Tremoside
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi Gunilla,

I don't know how can i really help your work, but i have something interesting. That's a baby skeleton. It's quite old (over a hundred years) and i had no time to clean and restaurate him/her, but could be helpful for you i think. For proportions or see how organized was this little miracle. I know it's a bit scary to see in reality...so if you're interested please give me a sign on my PM and i will make some shots about.

Mark

claudiojordao
09-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Gunilla Gunilla, my friend... I've one thing to say:
It's a boy.
Weel, I might be wrong, but I can see it from here ok!
Now, serious, you have done a good job, but I think the fetus should look more fat... specially on the hands and feets, they are very healthy. Well, in normal conditions, I guess.
Keep it on.

greentek
09-14-2005, 01:56 AM
Paul! - how good to see you around! Are you going to join us this time around? :beer:

I don't know. I really would like to join as I have some pretty cool idea, but I don't know if I can find the time for it. We'll see.

Keep forging and see you soon.
Cheers, :beer:
Paul.

Gunilla
09-14-2005, 07:01 AM
beelow - thanks! I'm not quite sure for textures yet, but at this time I'm planning some mix between the translucen, glowing feel as seen in my ref pics and also some of the golden furry hair we're covered with in that stage - have some really cool pics on that :)

Lombardo - the angular part is really the remains of the tail ... but perhaps it's not defined good enough. I need to check - thanks for your pointers! :thumbsup:

Tremo - :eek: that's amazing!! I'll PM you for sure.

Claudio - about fat, I'm not sure ... this is before the fatty stage but again, I have to check. My ref pics vary from 8-15 weeks so I have to guess some ... in the end it will probably be a mix of those ages.
A boy? :) Yes - perhaps. To me it's still an it - I don't want to get to personal with it in case it wont be delivered healthy, haha

Paul - of course you should join! You can make a project depending on how much time you have ... it would be great to have you participating in this :)

So all, I'm still fighting with those ears... maybe I shall give it some curly hair to cover them up? :scream:

Lemog
09-14-2005, 07:12 AM
A boy? :) Yes - perhaps. To me it's still an it - I don't want to get to personal with it in case it wont be delivered healthy, haha

:banghead: hahahahahahaha... you already are very implied in this project so that I see. :applause:

makaron
09-14-2005, 08:08 AM
you can do twins Gunilla... one girl and one boy... :bounce: problem solved... haha
but this is a really nice thread, you doing a good job... hejjar hejvilt på Gunilla... :)

chrish
09-14-2005, 08:46 AM
this could get graphic...Keep up the great wrk

-ch
My Spectacular (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=275761)

claudiojordao
09-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Hum! ok... I guess you're right, now I'm not sure too if it should look fatty or not, anyway, the one thing I'm sure is that this will be a masterpiece, or two... in case of twins :) which I think is a great idea, you know... good and bad, ying and yang.
Great work my friend.

Gunilla
09-14-2005, 11:30 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126693812_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126693812_large.jpg)

Now there's two...

As requested - now as twins! Note that both have brand new ears. Perhaps one day, if they're relly good, mommy will give them a proper nose too :scream:

Gunilla
09-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Laurent - haha, yes - so it seems :banghead: :D

makaron - ok, this was the third suggestions for twins... so, what do you say? tack för hejandet också :thumbsup:

Chris - thanks a lot, I'll do my best!

Claudio - woah, and now four wishes for twins! So, as you can see I tried it ... in fact I've had ideas of having multiple fetuses for the pic... perhaps not as twins but more spectacular, two different ages... and maybe race. We'll see - the whole thing is pretty open still.
Thanks for your great feedback - and oh, cool new avatar :thumbsup:

And yes - one of these days I will give it (them?) a more defined nose and mouth ... at this stage I think I need to work a bit on the main concept - if the final is going to be all blurry I might not have to do these horrifying modeling sessions ... just kidding, I'm actually beginning to enjoy it a lot.

makaron
09-14-2005, 11:57 AM
third times about twins... ops! i tought I read the whole thread :eek: but I missed that then. But the third time is a charm they say, so go for twins ;) *joking* And you idea about diffrent ages sounds spectacular... :bounce: try that!
I will go and practice reading and spelling now.

JamesMK
09-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey, I got an awesome idea! What if you would make twins here?

Lemog
09-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Why not twins... one black and one white... Mr Ying and Mrs Yang...

...opposed and indiscociables :thumbsup:

Ears appear better now, for sure, maybe edges a little too sharp... go Mumm :love:

Gunilla
09-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Makaron - yes, perhaps I really should go with this idea... thanks :thumbsup:

James - :banghead::banghead::banghead: hahaha!

Ears appear better now, for sure, maybe edges a little too sharp... go Mumm :love:

Laurent - you don't miss much do you? I thought that by making two noone would see ...haha, just joking - thanks for catching that :)

Hmmm... Mr Yin and Mrs Yang - I think I have to do some thinking now.

thanks friends :thumbsup:

jddog
09-14-2005, 12:41 PM
wow... from the beginning I was sure that will be an effective, stong image... looking at your wips... I'm sure about what I thinking. Very nice work until now :wip:
jddd

handlebar
09-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Great start. like the twins concept. Very impressive! http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

Gunilla
09-14-2005, 01:55 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126702532_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126702532_large.jpg)

Perhaps twins could be good after all...

Ramteen
09-14-2005, 02:00 PM
It`s great , but I think the foot fingers is not great .try to make it nicer .goodluck ...

overcontrast
09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
hey looking good lady!! i think the butt part needs some more work.... but its comming along really well... keep it up

Gunilla
09-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Julien - thank you, so how do you like the idea of twins? twice as good? :)

Steven - thanks you... and yes, I'm beginning to like this idea of twins too, thanks makaron, cocoknight, Robert C and the rest of you that have pushed this idea further ... I'll sleep on it and make a desicion later. :wavey:

ihamid
09-14-2005, 02:13 PM
twins! nice looks like those guys are having a ...ball in there!:) so what will it be ..
cheers!

jddog
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Julien - thank you, so how do you like the idea of twins? twice as good? :)
is very effective. I love it ! :wip:
jdd

claudiojordao
09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
:)

Cool, I imagine it would work!
Now, maybe they could be subtly playing with each other hands or so, just an idea!
Marvelous Gunilla.

Lemog
09-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Perhaps twins could be good after all...

Sure at 100% :thumbsup: Your concept follow well its way... good thing :)

PS : very beautiful background... hypnotized one :eek: hahaha

beelow
09-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Nice, just waiting to see the texturing of the fetuses now, Cause from the reference that you have that looks challenging! Good stuff so far!:thumbsup:

xric7
09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
nice model.cool twins.:thumbsup:
cheers.

Climax
09-14-2005, 11:23 PM
• Looking good, some sss shader will make them see great, keep it up! :bounce:

DaddyMack
09-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Gunilla! I have many words for what I see happening here... They're each followed by exclaimation marks... I wont bore you with the details, suffice it to say...
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
:love: Keep it growing...

romelalgo
09-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Hi, I think the twins concept is good.
I don`t like the background, because maybe can use DOF.
The twins material is not real, obviusly but can you change it.
good luck.

Lemog
09-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Mmmmh... good morning honey... I'm just to ask you something :

"where is my today update" ? :scream: hahahahaha

Have a nice day Gunilla :thumbsup:

...and for sure a little hello to your BossCgTalkLover :banghead:

JamesMK
09-15-2005, 07:50 AM
A very clear Yin/Yang shot - plain cool... now continue :wip:

Gunilla
09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Ramtin_moom - thanks, I'll do my best to improve the fingers!

zubuyer - thanks - and yes, some buttwork will be done :thumbsup:

Hamid - I think it has to be twins now :)

Julien - good, then it's settled then :thumbsup:

PS : very beautiful background... hypnotized one :eek: hahaha

Laurent - yes, that's the idea... and the message is: "You will find this image very spectacular..." haha, thanks :thumbsup:

beelow- thanks - and yes, it will be a challenge to texture :eek:

xric7 - thanks man!

Omar - sss is indeed the plan, thanks :thumbsup:

DaddyMack - never had a series of exclamationmarks made me happier ... thanks a lot mate:)

Gunilla
09-15-2005, 11:12 AM
romelago - thanks, and I can promise you - this is not the final texturing... just some PS mockup for the concept sketch.

Lemog - good morning to you too... Mr "where is my today update" - hahaha, well we can't all be as fast as you, :twisted: It will probably be some days now - suddenly I have twice as many limbs to place correctly ... Ahh, the pleasure of parenthood :)

James - thanks, very niche of you - I will continue but in snailspeed

Thanks you all for your overwhelming support - you make my motivation level riiise:bounce:

Have some boring paid job to do so continued tweaking will follow later - tara for now :wavey:

scootermaya
09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Huhaaaaaa ! I'm turning my back for a couple of days and here are some great updates !
except for the fingers , I realy love the shape of the babies. The sketch gives also a lot of deph in the picture. Look very good (as usual)

I don't think I'm going to make this one ... my days are quite full for the moment ... to bad !
But hey ! I 'm here watching it !

Lemog
09-15-2005, 12:17 PM
suddenly I have twice as many limbs to place correctly ... Ahh, the pleasure of parenthood :)
hahaha... you're lucky like that, you can choose his qualities and his defects... Gunilla the goddess. :scream: hahaha

And if you want to sleep... you just turn off your computer... :banghead:

Gunilla
09-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Scooter - It's so nice to have you around, but it would be even nicer to see you participate :)
But I know, sometimes it can be difficult with the time - thanks for the watch out for the fingers - it will be on the to do list for sure.

And if you want to sleep... you just turn off your computer... :banghead:

Hahaha! Yes - that's a luxury you don't have ... but your sons are probably nicer to hug :scream:

JamesMK
09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
I will continue but in snailspeed
That's cool - have to switch to snailspeed myself now to ensure niche resultch... but with some 80 days to do, we've got lots of time to spare :cool:

sirBS
09-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Good idea. There is a more potential for development

soapy
09-15-2005, 10:04 PM
I like the twins / ying yang idea. That could work out really well.

mmoir
09-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey Gunilla,

The twins idea is a good one, maybe the twins could be playing the hand game where you try and trap the other persons thumb with your thumb. Just a thought . It is looking good and look forward to your updates

SuperXCM
09-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Waouuuw, twins is the good way!! Amazing idea, and with your last post, we can already feel what it will be... wainting to see more... great great work!!! :beer:

Lemog
09-16-2005, 06:13 AM
Hahaha! Yes - that's a luxury you don't have ... but your sons are probably nicer to hug :scream:
You're certainly right... but yesterday evening... the little garden dwarf was horrible :banghead: ... teeth ? tired ? or just to disturb me... don't know :scream: hahahahaha... finally, participate to this challenge rest me a lot... :bounce:

Have a nice day Gunilla... :wavey:

Gunilla
09-16-2005, 08:30 AM
... but with some 80 days to do, we've got lots of time to spare :cool:

Hmm... yeah, that's what I'm thinking to, but the last weeks will probably be hysterical anyway :scream:. Good luck with your snailing - I'm sure it will lead to some spect. results!

Sergey, Soapy - thanks and yes, there are certainly possibilities for exploring this, I'll do my best :)

Mike - working on some hand playing right now. trying to make it on vertex basis so I don't have to skin and rig them - not so happy about the result so far... thanks for support :thumbsup:

Lombardo - thanks! You're doing extremely well too, as it seems - splendid :thumbsup:

Laurent - hahahaha! "the little garden dwarf" ... that's cruel. So the little cute baby have now turned into a vicious gnome? haha, you can always send him to me you know, I need something fun for my garden :)
And a nice day for you too... any more wallpapers?

So, I'm tweaking on the twins and will probably do so for a while - might need some help with that later. Thanks all for being here - and my wishes for a spectacular day :wavey:

Lemog
09-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Laurent - hahahaha! "the little garden dwarf" ... that's cruel. So the little cute baby have now turned into a vicious gnome? haha, you can always send him to me you know, I need something fun for my garden :)
And a nice day for you too... any more wallpapers?

Garden dwarf... it's not so cruel... garden dwarf and me, it's an old story of love you know, you nerve seen my five friends (http://lemog.club.fr/wip/family.jpg)? :scream: five heroes of an old movie :banghead: hahaha

eddieellis
09-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Hey Gunilla, coming along great i see, i always go arhhhh everytime i visit your thread... keep it up mate as im watching.

Gunilla
09-17-2005, 09:25 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126945516_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1126945516_large.jpg)

Positioning of the limbs

Gunilla
09-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Garden dwarf... it's not so cruel... garden dwarf and me, it's an old story of love you know, you nerve seen my five friends (http://lemog.club.fr/wip/family.jpg)? :scream: five heroes of an old movie :banghead: hahaha

Laurent - haha, I understand better now, you almost got me worried there for a while :scream:
You still have the movie?

eddie - thanks buddy, and thanks for taking the time to come by, I now you're really busy right now. I'm always happy for your comments :thumbsup:

About my plans:
I've made a general plan for where the limbs should be - still a lot of tweaking to do, especially on hands and "tail". These are rather young, about twelve weeks and 5-6 cm tall - so don't expect them to look like babies. :) I need to gather more references as I go along. The cords should probably be longer, but I will make them according to fit into the general composition. Which is the next step :bounce:

I will make something for the placenta and add the "bubble" ( don't know the english word here, sorry) Then starting to test some texturing, major coloring and lighting.

thanks all for your interest and support - much appreciated :thumbsup:

Lemog
09-17-2005, 09:54 AM
yes, I will try to find this movie and send you a link... but it's not a masterpiece... just a little funny... :D

About your babies now.

The thing which disturb me more, it's the shape of the umbilical cord, with these 5 wires which seem a little to an electric wire.

I think that it would be necessary to do a kind of pipe, a little twisted, with inside, of many small vessels, intended to nourish, make live, and to allow the growth of these foetuses.

Another idea, they're certainly a little youngs, but they're perhaps too similar, perhaps will be able to have a detail to differentiate them.
One of both baby could suck his thumb for example. And that's surely very pretty.

Have a nice week-end Gunilla... :thumbsup:

jddog
09-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm agree with the obelical Lemog's comment... didn't match with organics elements in you picture...
jdd

Gunilla
09-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Laurent- You're absolutely right about the cord. I think I can do alot with the texturing here - and the wires will for sure be replace with a more solid shape, thanks :thumbsup:
Good thinking also about differentiating them more, the thumb idea is really sweet... I don't think they can do that until after 16 weeks or so, but I'm not aiming for photoreal here so it might be a good idea. One could maybe be yawning :)
Have a nice weekend to you too - send my love to the little librarians :wavey:

Julien - Yep, you're both right - the cord sucks right now but will be better (I hope), thanks for commenting :)

claudiojordao
09-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Hello Gunilla, very good update... however, I think that the ears should look younger, I mean, maybe they could be in a early stage of formation... kind of an "extension" of the head, not very well detailed, I guess. Great job.

ihamid
09-17-2005, 08:09 PM
hi gunilla
the twins are looking good i have to say! hmmm the umbilical cord but u already know heheh!
nice work! have fun doing it!
cheers!

beelow
09-18-2005, 12:36 AM
The little ones are looking spectacular, problems with the umbilical cord but you know that, so nothin else but, holla!:thumbsup:

greentek
09-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Hi Gunilla,
Did you check this stuff from your neighbors:

http://www.superrune.com/work_2004/tvilling_gall.htm

I doubt it might be extremely helpful for you, but at least this stuff is really funny.
Cheers,
Paul.

suk-grigorij
09-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Cool stuff!

Gunilla
09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Claudio - yes, the ears are indeed a bit to "old", I hope to be able to soften a lot of the sharpness in the models with light and texture... either that or making it a rather graphical style, in which case the sharpness might work well. :shrug: I'm doing some style tests right now. Thanks for the warning - much appreciated :thumbsup:

Hamid - thanks mate! ... hummm... cord :banghead: new ones on the way - hope they will work better!

beelow - thanks mate! ... hummm... cord :banghead: :scream:

Paul - that was one hilarious link - thanks! :D Perhaps I could get some good ideas from it too ...

Grigorij - thanks comrade :thumbsup:

As mentioned I'm now trying out some different things for my little pic - the placenta will probably be a particle system. Also done some new ... cords! Thanks all, updates probably tomorrow :wavey:

Cartesius
09-18-2005, 09:42 PM
A highly original concept indeed! The coord(s) are a bit too mechanical but you have probably already fixed that so all I can say is :thumbsup:

/Anders

JamesMK
09-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm mostly looking forward to some placenta :D

Yeah, and the updated cords!

greentek
09-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Paul - that was one hilarious link - thanks! :D

.....:D......................

Lemog
09-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Good morning Gunilla, I hope that your weekend occurred well :wavey:

One could maybe be yawning

Very good idea too... I think that in fact small details as that will give the life and of the emotion to your image, in a spectacular way. See you soon here :deal:

gpepper
09-19-2005, 07:07 AM
I really like the idea of the twins !
U're on the good road Gun ! continue ! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Anders - thank you, like your concept too :thumbsup: eeeh... cords... yes... will be fixed:)

James - placenta and cords (:banghead:) will be up later, hopefully with improved splendibility ... it take some time though - rush job just landed on my desk and I also have a root canal today :sad:

Paul - indeed :)

Laurent - yes, details will make the difference here, thanks for pushing me further :thumbsup:

Gilles - thanks, and I'll do my best :)

As mentioned things from offline life have interferred a bit with my plans - will be back in a few days with updates ... hopefully including some stunning cords :scream:

thanks all for your interest, see you in your threads :wavey:

Lemog
09-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I've just have an idea maybe interesting for you in your project.

Certainly the most important in your future picture will be the originality and the beauty of your textures and shaders... that's surely the point where you must take much time... to obtain the "spectacular". Then... maybe if you start yet to apply some shaders (and some research...) at certain part already done, that can give you the motivation and moreover, the "inspiration" for the next steps... a kind of "wip's lab".

I hope you understand this point of view... you actually work "in the grey", and it's not easy like that to "understand" the way you can take... your way of design, your way of personal style for this picture.

:D

Gunilla
09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Laurent - This is a really good suggestion... it seems like everytime I try to start with texture and lighting there's something to tweak in the models. I did some early tests yesterday - they look awful so I don't want to post them :blush:
I will take some time for exploring and see what direction this will go, still not sure about the level of realism for instance.
thanks for the great suggestion :thumbsup:

JamesMK
09-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Laurent - This is a really good suggestion... it seems like everytime I try to start with texture and lighting there's something to tweak in the models.
Our wired french here always tends to bring good suggestions.

About the problematic relationship of models and lighting, I find it's quite useful to add lots of nasty light in a daylight kind of scenario pretty early on in the modeling process, and then make small, fast preview renders every now and then to see what's going on with the model. The reason I guess is that whilst modeling, one usually has some sort of wire displayed along with the shaded geometry, and that bastard wire tends trick the eye, making you think the model is visually more complex/believable/cool/whatever than it really is.

Gunilla
09-19-2005, 03:27 PM
James - That sounds like a good thing, I usually go along with the standard lighting far to long - just to discover I've overworked some areas and underworked some when I get the final lighting done.

Our wired french here always tends to bring good suggestions.

Indeed he does - you're not so bad yourself, thanks for helping :thumbsup:

Lemog
09-19-2005, 03:50 PM
It's certainly the reason why, very early, (as my first column), I try to do a rendering, in the way of the mood I want to give to the project. I think that help me a lot, and it's a good motivation for next step. :)

Gunilla
09-19-2005, 05:40 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127148054_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127148054_large.jpg)

Just a small update - mostly to get rid of the annoying cords/wires... these are not perfect but better. Placenta added.

All is still very rough of course :-)

soapy
09-19-2005, 07:58 PM
James - That sounds like a good thing, I usually go along with the standard lighting far to long - just to discover I've overworked some areas and underworked some when I get the final lighting done. All this talk about models and how they look under different lights has got me thinking maybe a guy should have a few different light rigs on hand to quickly test a model to see how it reacts in different situations. Especially if the model will get used in different images later on.

Nice update. Have you got bones in these guys to play with the positions or are you dragging geometry around? Just curious.

agou
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm maybe a bit too late to say that, but I think the concept is really well thought, and touchy too. I agree with Lemog when he suggests you to make one of them in a different position, maybe yawning, which would bring much more life and emotion to your picture.

Keep it up!:thumbsup:

greentek
09-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi Gunilla,
I have some ideas that probably might be useful for your scene:

1. Blur background completely. Make it impossible to understand what's going on out there. Some contrast between very deep-red, redish-orange and light grey-orange areas might look good.

2. Add a fog atmospheric without any noise in the vomb sphere with proper color, representing liquid inside the vomb. And add another, greatly noised white fog with very small (like particles) and relatively rare clouds floating around and representing some organic noise (sorry, I don't know how to call it properly) in the liquid.

3. Add attenuation to the back light. In my opinion, the back light should play very important role in your scene because it'll be responsible for all SSS and translucency. And make ambient lights very subtle. Don't be afraid to experiment with lighting by removing all other lights except backlight and/or adding skylight with deep brick-orange/red color.

Aslo, all your shaders should have some level of self-illumination.
First tests may look off but keep it tweaking and you'll get some really good looking output. For sure ;)

Hope I was any helpful.
Keep the cool stuff up and cheers,
Paul.

JamesMK
09-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Yes, one yawner would be really great, just the kind of detail that adds a bit of 'yoinks' to the whole thing.

About the last image, I think you might even dare to move your camera in a bit closer! And considering the round nature of the main object here, one could try a square image (aspect ratio 1:1)... then I know a lot of people hate square images for some reason, so maybe it's a bad suggestion :shrug:

DaddyMack
09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Wow Gunilla, this concept is evolving rapidly... And looking great already too:thumbsup:

It may just be my imagination but the legs appear a little short and thin compared to the arms... and should the ears be that well formed at this stage?

Still most envious of your concept here...

JayCally
09-19-2005, 09:41 PM
I agree with GreenTek, you should play with the background and atmosphere of the scene. If you were inside the body looking at the babies, everything would appear murky because of the fluids and you wouldn't be able to see far plus it keeps you focused on the subject. Also it looks like some sharp creases are at the leg joints (crotch and knees), maybe try to smooth it out alittle. All in all though, its a very cool idea. My wife and I are expecting and your scene totally pulls my heartstrings.

Can't wait to see the final image! :applause:

Lemog
09-20-2005, 07:08 AM
I totaly agree with Greentek too... good ways of experimentation... :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Soapy - Yes, I was also thinking about making some standard lightings for future test -very good idea! No bones, just manual dragging so far - I thought that was going to save me some tima but now I'm not so sure... I know I would have been much more flexible if I had set them up properly right from start. Ah, well... I'm here to learn. thanks!

Paul - Thank you - these are all very good suggestions :thumbsup: Some of them already in planning ( particles ... I love particles!) and for sure a lot of blur. I might end up doing a lot in post but if the time permits I'm looking forward to some heavy testing in MAX. SSS and tranclucency is on the list - thanks again for a very helpful post.

James - I'll try yawn I think, definitely would like to add that level of Yoinks if possible :scream:
It's funny what you say about the 1:1 aspect, I use it on the concept and for some reason it felt like a very "no-no" solution... I like those :). Thanks for backing that!
Maybe camera closer will be good - I have some vague ideas for some kind of Mandala background - but that is still in the mist.

DaddyMonk - You're very right about the ears, but not quite about the legs - they are from what I've gathered very thin and tiny for the first months. We look a lot more like apes for quite some time. Thanks for cheering, I'm a bit envious of your concept too - I'd like to do some bulidings!

JayCally - thanks :) Will definitely murky and smooth a lot as I go along, I'm still in the early stage here.

Laurent - yep, Paul made some really good thinking here, I will now stop chatting and start to work ... tomorrow, since my day is booked with other more boring must-dos.

Thank you all for great support and I see that none of you have mentioned the cords - great :bounce:

ihamid
09-20-2005, 08:56 AM
hi gunilla dropping buy this getting better day by day! cant wait to see them with there translucence and incandance with textures!
cheers!

handlebar
09-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Realy great progress Gunilla, i'm looking forward to seeing how you develop the materials and lighting. http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

SuperXCM
09-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi Gunilla!!

Nice update, i'm agree, i think you can try some shaders now, some "experiment" :arteest:, just to try, the modeling it's good so far... i'm waiting to see update... keep it up!! :beer:

Lemog
09-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Good Morning Gunillaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Just here now to push you on your project... :scream: maybe some polys, shaders, textures, other... ? :)

Hahahaha... well... have a nice day girl and don't forget the Yoinks power :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Gunilla
09-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Hamid, Steven, Lombardo - thanks for cheering, I'm looking forward to texturing too :thumbsup:

Lolo- good morning to you too :) And I will do my best for the YOINKS - promise :scream:

I'm stuck with a freelance illustration job ... hope to have it done today and after that - hopefully something will start to move over here.

thanks all - you're the best :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-21-2005, 05:47 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127321244_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127321244_large.jpg)

Playing around with some textures

Gunilla
09-21-2005, 05:48 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127321329_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127321329_large.jpg)

Some PS tests for finding what mood to go for

Gunilla
09-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Some small updates, just to show I haven't lost touch with this completely.
Trying out some different textures, translucency and selfillumination for the cords. Will make the vessels more "blobby" I think... just have to figure out how to do it.
Did some blurring and stuff on the scene in Photoshop - mainly to see if I can discover what style to push this in.

More updates later in the week - I have so little time right now :banghead:

alex.h.
09-21-2005, 05:59 PM
underbart job gunilla, fortsät så, och :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JamesMK
09-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Looks like you're on the case! The cords texturing seems well on its way (needs more visual complexity though, but that would be easy enough just cloning some stuff). The mood test looks promising too - would be cool to see a few different variations with the key light coming from different directions just to see what happens with the mood perception so to speak.

You're most likely on the right track here me thinks :thumbsup:

gpepper
09-22-2005, 08:29 AM
This better and better Gun ! I think one of your chance of success in this picture is to fake transluscency... Maybe U will have to use some kind of SSS shader...

Gunilla
09-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Alex - tack ska du ha, kul att du är med :thumbsup:

James - Will definitely try out different light settings, I want the fetuses to have the transparent, backlit mood as in the photos... so far, it's been quite difficult. I think I have to play a lot with the shaders to get this right. Muchas thanks for support and suggestions :thumbsup:

Gilles- I was making some tests with SSS yesterday, it doesn't show much yet - I need how to do it properly first. Thanks for cheers and good advice :)

I'm happy to have a reason to go back and do some studying in MAX - learning SSS and also the dreadful Unwrapping thing :eek: I mostly get by using procedurals in my stuff, but this time I'd like to learn how to do "proper" texturing - wish me luck!
Still stuck with daytime work - but stay tuned, updates will be here later this week. :wavey:

Lemog
09-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Good morning girl... I've just discover your first shader tests for cords... that comes very good...
I think you will have a better aspect while adding very small inner parts... like blood's hair or micro blood's lightning... visible in the transparent and translucent part of the ombilical cord just around the vessels with some glowing red globules...
...and for sure, a mix of procedural, fakeSSS (as Gilles said...) and glows...

...just some thoughts, and have a nice day :wavey:

Gunilla
09-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Good morning Laurent :)
Yes - this is all very good suggestions and thoughts... I'm so happy we have a longer time this time. Lots of fun exploring to do to get the right look.

And now would be the good time for you to make that call to my boss, thanks :scream:

claudiojordao
09-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Hello Gunilla, I don't have much time too, because of my daytime work, but you're doing very good updates.
I'm also thinking in studying that Unwrapping thing too, maybe we can help each other. :)
Good luck.

Lemog
09-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Lots of fun exploring to do to get the right look.
I know it's a part you really love :thumbsup:

And now would be the good time for you to make that call to my boss, thanks If I can... I do... http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/yeux/vignette/thumbnails/1037816332_gif.gif

soapy
09-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Looking good Gunilla. I like the color in the texturing cords update. I think it is better if you go with a warner red, the newest picture has a red that is a bit on the blue side of the spectrum and I think you might try a red with a little more yellow. Of course in the final textures you could have veins and arteries, so red colors on both sides. But overall I think warmer is better. Just my opinion. cheers.

Zapan
09-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Really cool job for now, I love your concept and the realisation is really well done.
The picture have a nice mood, atmosphere , which fit very well with your concept. :thumbsup:
Maybe not enough highlighted, maybe... My 2 cents

*Edit: In fact it will be top notch with sss and it will gain of clarity , I wait and see...*
Keep up the good work Gunilla :bounce: :bounce: :)

Gunilla
09-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Claudio - thanks, I try to do as much as I can ... your updates are very good too.
Good you're getting into Unwrapping too - I'd be glad to have a fellow student in this :)

Lemog - Yes, you know by know... this kind of stuff I can really enjoy - it's going to be fun.
Now, if only I can stop chatting and get started I'm glad - hopefully tomorrow :scream:

Soapy - Great observation on the coloring, I plan for it to be red-orange-burning-with-blood-inside-color so I need to look out for the blues. thanks mate!

Zapan - a lot of work remains with lighting, I need to find a good way to make a transclucent backlit scene ... we'll see if I get there. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for great advice!

So, another day wasted on the necessity of bringing home the beacon ... weekend coming up soon, hope to get somewhere by then. Thanks guys for being such a splendid bunch :thumbsup:

Lemog
09-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Now, if only I can stop chatting and get started I'm glad - hopefully tomorrow
We leaves you quiet now, so that you can work in peace, good night and with tomorrow morning :wavey:

gpepper
09-23-2005, 11:08 AM
No update ? Are you still sleeping ?:)

Lemog
09-23-2005, 11:18 AM
perhaps this is my fault, because I shocked her this morning with my update :shrug:

:scream: hahahahahaha... I feel that we will speak about that still long time :bounce:

Gunilla
09-23-2005, 11:39 AM

Sort of, I've been up late spamming to much lately, hahaha
Seriously, I'm stuck at the office - pretending to work :)

perhaps this is my fault, because I shocked her this morning with my update :shrug:

Yes... totally... I'm so shocked I can't work for weeks now :shrug:

:D Not really!

Lemog
09-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Seriously, I'm stuck at the office - pretending to work
That remain me a guy with much work :scream:

Yes... totally... I'm so shocked I can't work for weeks now
Not really!
hahahahahaha

pseudonympending
09-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Is one foetus saying to the other "there's not much womb in here!"

:)

Gunilla
09-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Swamps - that's a good one :thumbsup:
But you're so right - womb is still missing :scream:

Lemog - Office time is now over - you now have been officially warned :twisted:

SuperXCM
09-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi Gunilla!

Nice update, looking good! For the cords... i think Laurent get right with blood's hair and micro blood's lightning... it will add some nice stuff in the pictures... just my 2cent...
Anyway, it's very good so far.. i'm waiting to see update!! :beer:

PS: Perhaps somebody has already propose to you this idea, but why the cords can be linked together, like infinite?... you know, "la vie est un éternel recommencement" i don't know how to translate this expression in english... just an idea, .. perhaps it's not good, too much beer.... :arteest: ...

Gunilla
09-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Lombardo - thanks - I do my best to update :) The infinite cords is an interesting idea - I think I might try it since it could go well with the concept, thanks :thumbsup:

I've spent most of the day trying to Unwrap the :banghead::banghead::banghead: thing... and I could really do with some advice here - what would be the best way to make it? Detaching to several parts?
Where to place the seams?
Right now I have it in to halfs, starting with a flat map on each, but that really doesn't work - to many overlaps.
If any of you texture wiz could give me a hint it would be much appreciated - I'm sooo stuck right now :sad:

gpepper
09-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Lombardo - thanks - I do my best to update :) The infinite cords is an interesting idea - I think I might try it since it could go well with the concept, thanks :thumbsup:

I've spent most of the day trying to Unwrap the :banghead::banghead::banghead: thing... and I could really do with some advice here - what would be the best way to make it? Detaching to several parts?
Where to place the seams?
Right now I have it in to halfs, starting with a flat map on each, but that really doesn't work - to many overlaps.
If any of you texture wiz could give me a hint it would be much appreciated - I'm sooo stuck right now :sad:

The unwrapping thing ! One of the most difficult thing to do in 3D...
Most of the time, the best is to do several part and then reattach them as much as possible...
For exemple, to unwrap a head, I use to create one planar map for the front of the head, one for the top, one for the back and one for each side... Then I attach the front with the top and aslo the front with the two side... You can attach the back with the top... So at the end of this, you will ahve something which looks like an unwrapped cube...
For the other part of the body I use to create a planar map for the top of the arm and the bottom of the arm, one for the front of the body and one for the back, one for the front leg and the back leg... One for the top of the feet and one for the bottom of the feet.

Is it ok?
Then you have to replce every part where the uv are overlapping, it takes a long but it is essential !
And the best of all, apply after that a shader with a checker in the diffuse color which is viewed in the viewport, it will help you to see where pixels are not good...
And then U have to move the different uv to prevent bad pixels...
Some people do cylindrycal mapping or spherical over the head to have better result...
If I have time, I will post my UV to see what it looks like...

Gunilla
09-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Thank you Gilles! :thumbsup:

Let's see - I think I follow ... if I detach the arms + legs + hands + feet and make separate mapping for the parts + the head and body - then attach them again and start to tweak - is that correct?

Ouuuah - lot's of work. I better get started. Very much thanks, now I have a bit more to go on - the tutorials I have only cover unwrapping with already made maps strange enough :shrug:

gpepper
09-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Thank you Gilles! :thumbsup:

Let's see - I think I follow ... if I detach the arms + legs + hands + feet and make separate mapping for the parts + the head and body - then attach them again and start to tweak - is that correct?

Ouuuah - lot's of work. I better get started. Very much thanks, now I have a bit more to go on - the tutorials I have only cover unwrapping with already made maps strange enough :shrug:

No U don't detach the part of the mesh !
When U use the modifier uvw unwrap (you use 3dsmax, don't U?) Select the faces and then click on planar... In the uv texture editor(when U click edit) move the uv when just have done, on the side to prevent overlapping with the other uV U will do next...
Then select another faces(the front head for exemple), click planar again, return in the texture editor, move this uv... Do this job until U make all the uv of your geometry... Then U have to move the dot vertex in the texture editor to prevent overlapping on some part, then U have to move again all the parts to place all of them in the blue square... If U don't do that U will have some problem of texture !
Look at that tutorial, maybe it will help U:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/unwrap.php

So let's go Deargun !

Gunilla
09-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Aha! I think I got it - good I hadn't start splitting the mesh... I'll try the tutorial and see if I can understand how this works - it seems quite possible now. Only takes some concentration I hope. Thanks dear for coming to my resque :)
And yes - I'm using MAX. Next version will have some kind of automatic Unwrap tool ... unfortunately I haven't got it yet :cry:

Agamemnwn
09-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Hej Gunilla,

Great concept and modelling . I like it very much. Keep up the good work :D lycka till!!

xric7
09-24-2005, 07:14 PM
nice update so far.love your concept and a lot.cheers.:thumbsup:

Zapan
09-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Gunilla !

Heard about your uvw mapping problem... and I found a tutorial about the method.
But I must warn you , that's a 100mb video tutorial.
So If you the patience or a good internet connection , I think it could be helpful.

http://www.xenosgames.com/tutorials/uvtut/unwrap%20uv.zip

I don't know a lot of thing in max (and also in english) maybe (I said maybe) the guy says crap but apparently the method seems to be ok and every tool are explicated.

Anyway If it helps...

ihamid
09-24-2005, 08:16 PM
hi gunilla tackling the uv-mapping hurdle i see! :) ... i also use the method gpepper outlined!
... and goodluck uv mapping!
cheers!

keetmun
09-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey hey I see you're tackling every 3d person's nightmare now! Yep your models will be hard to unwrap, but they can be done. Keep going, gpepper's advice is good, I'll just be the pong pong guy for now!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cheers from Keet
:buttrock:

Atwooki
09-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Great concept there, Gunilla :thumbsup: I can really see this going places - so many options here to be creative with beautiful coloring, depth translucency and lighting :)

Looking forward to more - all the best of luck with your piece

C.

Lemog
09-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Just a little hello here... and to wish you a good week, and also... a good texturing experience with your model... just waiting you next update :thumbsup: :bounce:

Gunilla
09-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Jannis - tack och tack detsamma!

Thitipon - thanks for your support! :)

Stéphane - thanks for the link, it shows a quite interesting way of Unwrapping, by using reactor and cloth - very cool, I didn't know this method. For now, I'm using the "Pfeiffer Gilles method" which I think might do well :thumbsup:

Hamid - tackling is the word :banghead: I think I will get through though, thanks mate :thumbsup:

Keet - Hi there pong pong guy! :) Thanks - I'm still working on it.

Chris - yep, I'm so looking forward to start texturing... thanks for stopping by :)

Laurent - Good morning monsieur. I'm awaiting my next update too - thanks for all cheering and patience :wavey:

So, after spending, I don't know how many hours, I've finally Unwrapped half the first baby:) Before proceeding I think it might be a good idea to test out some texturing - hopefully this evening. I'm so happy to actually have managed to do this Unwrapping thing - and I just hope I did it in a way that might bring my piece a bit closer to my vision. So, thanks for your interest and support :thumbsup:

Zapan
09-26-2005, 09:35 AM
thanks for the link, it shows a quite interesting way of Unwrapping, by using reactor and cloth - very cool, I didn't know this method Ahah :scream: I didn't even know that he used reactor :banghead: :argh: . But that's cool if you use the Gillou's method and I'm glad that you have done unwrapping the first baby except now we're waiting for a really cool texturing job :) :bounce: :bounce: Go go go Gunilla !

Edit : Oh btw Thanks heavens for the ref pic of my guy , you know that it perfectly fit to the body ? Many many thanks :bowdown:

Lemog
09-26-2005, 09:57 AM
So, after spending, I don't know how many hours, I've finally Unwrapped half the first baby:) Before proceeding I think it might be a good idea to test out some texturing - hopefully this evening. I'm so happy to actually have managed to do this Unwrapping thing - and I just hope I did it in a way that might bring my piece a bit closer to my vision. So, thanks for your interest and support :thumbsup:
Terribly some good news... no pictures... but you've made yet an important part of this work... I'm very impatient to see your real first test for this sweet little heart... :) :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
09-26-2005, 10:51 AM
dunno if it has been said before or if you wanted to take care 'bout it anyway but:
the sphere is too much a perfect sphere :)
i'd use a LOT sss and go for a much brighter image
:wavey:

Gunilla
09-26-2005, 05:37 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127752665_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1127752665_large.jpg)

First test for texture - finally!
Note that only the closest leg is mapped so far... comments are welcome

Gunilla
09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Stéphane - It's always fun to discover new ways :) Lucky coincidence about the ref I found - I'm glad it works. Often I think it's good to check what's underneath the surface when there are unclearitys.

Laurent - As you can see I've started with some tests... just couldn't wait uintil all the Unwrapping was done :)

Fabian - distorting the sphere is on the to do list - thanks for reminding me :thumbsup:
Also thanks for coming up with the twins idea first ( I think it was you) :thumbsup:

So, this is the first test, I've tried to make some kind of "fake" SSS with transluceny and selfillu - next test will be a SSS shader. I feel quite pleased with this so far - it's heading in the right direction ... I hope. I will proceed rather slow for some more time - much to do at work :shrug:

eddieellis
09-26-2005, 05:48 PM
wow gunilla, its looking sweet mate...:thumbsup:

makaron
09-26-2005, 05:55 PM
really good start there Gunilla...i like the small veins... :)

sergioKomic
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
I swear , I was talking with my sister about the challenge (on the first weekend of spectacular) and she told me:
"do the Inside of a mothers womb with the fetus et al........"
And you do this.... ooooh coincidende? (cue: twilight zone music)

Nice going btw!:bounce:

benstommus
09-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Hehe "tack så mycket" and good luck to you to. Really like your concept, if only i could come up with ideas like that =)

elnady
09-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Nice idea
Keep up the good work:)