PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Gunilla Elam

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 02:41 PM
thierry - thank you much! I hope to get it where I want with some more tweaking :thumbsup:

So, this is where I am with this today - have made zillions of tests with the pale baby ... updated full render will come up later.
Next I will add some stuff and make some adjustments to the models. Right now I'm kind of SSSick with this texture.

daWinky
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey Gunilla, I'm a little speechless, really great progress:eek: !! Searching for veins was successful I see...:) Version 4 "with mood added" looks amazing, this one with a little bit more of the veins - like in version 3 - would be perfect in my opinion...:thumbsup:

-sabrina

(o)ne
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I like "mood" version most..and #3 is nice too :)

gardogg
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
The mood version is the best. I would make the viens very thin and blue in color.

makaron
10-21-2005, 04:36 PM
75% of the mood image and 25% of perhaps... that would be a perfect mix in my eyes... :)
keep on dazzling us Gunilla... :bounce:

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Sabrina - thank you, and it sounds like you have the right feel for what I'm hunting for - something in between those is my aim, update to follow :thumbsup:

(o)ne - thanks for your vote - seems like it's the right way to go... :)

gardogg - thanks, blue veins? maybe not a bad idea - I'll make some tests :scream:

Mona - thanks, hope to get there with the next update :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 05:42 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129916524_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129916524_large.jpg)

So, slowly getting closer - Still only the pale baby textured but this time it got veins!
They still need some tweking to be the way I want them but I think this is a start.

Zapan
10-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Nooo , I'm too late .... :cry: Well , I'm gonna pretending anyway that I'm not :D

Amazing Job here Gunilla :bounce:
The "mood added" is wonderful , I also like the "perhaps" one , soo I think a mix of both will do the work :)
Sooooo I can't wait to see your next update :wip: :bounce:

edit - And I'm talking and it's already there :banghead:
Wonderful update everything is there , zillions of tweaking, but zillions results :bounce:

soapy
10-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow nice update Gunilla. Your image is really starting to look incredible. cheers.

YasushAzush
10-21-2005, 06:58 PM
very nice and impresive dude:)

maxim capra
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
hi guni :)

great concept you have here. i have to admit, i didn't recognize the two different skin colors of the babys that fast :) perhaps you find a way to enlight the darker baby a little bit more, so that it's more defined? without overlighten the scene of course :) just my 2 cents, i think you are on the right way!

see you :)

Gunilla
10-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Nooo , I'm too late .... :cry: Well , I'm gonna pretending anyway that I'm not :D

The "mood added" is wonderful , I also like the "perhaps" one , soo I think a mix of both will do the work :)

Thank you M. Snail - and I must have known what you where going to vote for since I what you suggested, right? :D
I'm glad you like it!
edit: where does the link go? I can't seem to load that page :sad:

Soapy - thanks, yes it feels like most of my problems are over now... all that remains is finishing :)

Yasser - thank you, mate :thumbsup:

Phillip - Most texture work on the dark baby remains to be made, but I agree - it disappears in the background. I hope to solve it by lighten the area behind it, and to define it better with the textures. Good to see you here for this challenge :thumbsup:

gpepper
10-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Your last tests are great ! Nice to see your great progress on this challenge !

scootermaya
10-22-2005, 05:38 PM
One word : NICE :thumbsup:

Wouldn't it be emphasize with more glow and a stronger decay in the bakround ... I mean, same arround the babies, and almost black to the edges... hummmm I don't know. Just an idea like this;)

Dutchman
10-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Véry neat stuff, Gunilla! :scream: The concept looks really interested and original... Different - as always with you (especially with that awesome GSO-entry of you :twisted: ).

I'm sure your final will be awesome... Very symbolic and 'moodish'! :) Are you gonna tweak all things within 3Ds Max, or are you just gonna render out some different lightingsettings/materialsettings, and play with it in Photoshop (the most cool method, in my view ;) )?

Whatever you're gonna do, you're on the right track! ;)

Have lots of fun & luck & Have a nice day! ;)
-Gijs

Pooyag
10-22-2005, 06:18 PM
hehe,real cute...:D :thumbsup: keep it up

Zapan
10-22-2005, 11:15 PM
edit: where does the link go? I can't seem to load that page

Sorry for that , I guess I did a wrong manip. (don't really know what happened here maybe I was too drunk :scream: ) but I have edited that post to prevent eventually some misunderstood. :)

Awesome job Gunilla , can't wait to see your next update :bounce:

detached
10-23-2005, 12:16 AM
I like scootermaya's idea. Mabe like its being viewed with an endoscope. Unless your going for a third person in the womb look.

Did you model the "cord" attached to the sac, or is the wrinked look from a displacement map.

Nice going there man. I love the concept. Two babies one in the same before society tells them there different. likeing this one alot. Keep it up

BN

Gunilla
10-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Gilles - thanks dear, I had some good help by studying your skin tutorial :thumbsup:

Scooty - glad you like it! And your idea sounds like an interesting one - will try that in postprod :bounce:

Gijs - Hi, and thanks for liking my GSO :). I will probably end up doing a lot in Photoshop but right now, I'm trying to find as much solutions in Max as possible - thanks :thumbsup:

Pooya - thanks :)

Zapan - Drinking and surfing at the same time can be hazardous :scream:
hope to have an update soon - thanks for your cheering!

Brian - the cord is a simple loft object, twisted and deformed - no displacement. You got my concept in a good way - I'm glad. Thanks :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
10-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Your piece warms my heart more and more every visit Gunilla. Congrats on the steps with the skin and glows:bowdown: It's just getting more and more beautiful all the time...

Lemog
10-24-2005, 03:43 AM
Fantastic updates girl... really...
I found lot of interesting ways in your pic with 4 tests...
But I don't think that easy to choose the best one with that kind of close-up... cause the perception in this case seem very far of your final way...
If I try to be objective with my thought... I can say that the following picture need more little more backlight, but less than the one... Vessel of the second are too strong... but appear very light on the latest... need to be increased.
The third, certainly the better between the 4 pics... but need more vessels visible... and of course, the 4th have a important mood.
You will certainly think it's always my words, but the latest update have again very timid effects...
Edges idea of Scooter is a good idea... that can participate to the reading vision, also to the general contrast.
Veins must be more visible... (it's just to hard on the pic#2... but lower that will be perfect).
Just waiting the next step now...

I'm sure that you research will be rewarded soon.

Have a nice week Gunilla :wavey:

daWinky
10-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Hi Gunilla, latest update is great:thumbsup: , it's coming near to what you want I think. Perhaps still a little more of this veins...:curious: !?. Anyways, already great work!:)

-sabrina

Gunilla
10-24-2005, 06:53 AM
DaddyMack - Thank you! Makes my heart warm to hear all the nice support I'm getting here too ... much grateful :love:

Lemog - Still to timid? :banghead: My main problem with this is that I seem unable to having the veins look like their underneath the surface - they only show when placed on the top layer... Also there is the question on how to achieve the right volume - I'm not done with them for sure.
Yes, I agree that Scootys idea of the contrasted background is good - I need to find a way where I can keep the soft,blurry mood I have right now but still have some bigger contrasts within the picture. Perhaps adding another color might work but my strongest feel is that it should be dark/light.
thanks, as always for your valuable thoughts :applause:

Sabrina - thanks , veins? what is that? hahaha, will continue to tweak - Oh, yes:thumbsup:

Lemog
10-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Did you test the old idea of the inner geometry for the veins texturing ? maybe that can works here ? :shrug:

Gunilla
10-24-2005, 11:16 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130152585_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130152585_large.jpg)

Closeup of both fetuses at their current state - seen through the fostersack

Gunilla
10-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Did you test the old idea of the inner geometry for the veins texturing ? maybe that can works here ? :shrug:

I never got the inner geometry to work with an SSS shader - only with a standard shader with translucency and low opacity. :shrug:
I probably have missed something - but all things placed inside tuned out as white shadows no mattwe what color they had - weird.

Most for fun - here is a closeup render. I notice much of the veins and detail in the fetuses get lost behind the reflections and fog blurs, so it seems you're right... I need to level up those veins some. thanks :thumbsup:

JamesMK
10-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Still looking good though :thumbsup:

The darker foetus still disappears a bit into the background though... :wip:

Strange thing about the SSS and inner geometry problem... it seems to be a common phenomenon with most SSS algorithms I guess, because I seem to remember having tried something like that in C4D at some point, and had problems too... not exactly like those you describe, but it surely didn't work as I would have wanted it too.

Gunilla
10-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Strange thing about the SSS and inner geometry problem... it seems to be a common phenomenon with most SSS algorithms I guess, because I seem to remember having tried something like that in C4D at some point, and had problems too... not exactly like those you describe, but it surely didn't work as I would have wanted it too.

That's reassuring, thanks - for a while I thought it was me doing it wrong but after some searching I discovered it was a common problem. So I had to choose between hitting the head for the remaing time trying to get it to work or go another route... I hope I can achieve what I want this way too.

Thanks for cheering and darker fetus will be more visible, promise :thumbsup:

Anyone see him yawn now?... light shining through his gap :)

SuperXCM
10-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Hi Gunilla,

nice update, like the veins, and the mood, for the inner geometry, i don't understand well, i never really played with the SSS, so i can't help you for that... :sad:

Anyway, it's look really cool for now, and i'm waiting to see more!! :beer:

Keep it up! :bounce:

ilusiondigital
10-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Wow Gunilla this is spectacular ;P

Great image and you are a quickly designer (and good of cuorse), only one suggestion, you can make something (like an open eye in the black baby) to make an abstract yin yang (or something similar), great image and tons of luck for you

Kisses

gpepper
10-25-2005, 04:22 PM
these close-up are really cool !
Keep going my dear Gunilla, you've done such a wonderful work ! :thumbsup:

ThierryS
10-26-2005, 07:27 AM
This is such a nice picture you're doing Gunilla, the shading is superb!! You'll definetely be able to give me a tip or two on these MAx shaders, hem, hem if it's not too much to ask of course, hehe! Cheers:bounce:

Gunilla
10-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Lombardo - thanks friend, I will continue my tweaking for sure. Thanks for the cheering :beer:
Victor - thanks! Hmm - interesting idea with the detail for the YIN/YANG idea - I might try that. Very cool. Good to see you around and hope to see your own entry speeding now :thumbsup:

Gilles - merci mon cher :) Any compliment for skin coming from you is a dear one :bowdown:

Thierry - From what I see you don't need much advice on shaders - but if you do I'd be happy to. :)
I'm using SSS for the fetuses and the rest is all different procedurals - I love those since they doesn't require UnWrapping... PM me if you want to have a closer look at them.

So, I have a lot of painting maps to do - something that I find quite tedious so I've been pulling it off with testing other stuff instead. Hopefully there will be something to show later :wavey:

Lemog
10-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Victor - thanks! Hmm - interesting idea with the detail for the YIN/YANG idea - I might try that. Very cool. Good to see you around and hope to see your own entry speeding now :thumbsup:
Of course it's a good idea... I've this feeling very early (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=2640066&postcount=137) thanks your pic Gunilla hahahaha "Find the duality"

Your last update is really beautiful especially the right little guy... I understand your probs about all these technical parameters... now, you're the captain of your boat... and I don't speak more about inner part (old lemog's tip...). Slowly (not a crit...) but surely (the most important...), each time your project take consistence, power and beauty... just continue like that...
...without forget that the post-effects and compositing can help you a lot !!! and you can use it yet... at this step... to pre-visualize an idea about the final result... that can do the difference between a simple picture and the masterpiece you will have soon :thumbsup:

courage girl... :bounce:

Climax
10-26-2005, 08:58 AM
• Hi Gunilla, Great progreSSS :D, about that sss issue you can also use an opacity map in an inner mesh with a different value of sub surfacing, if that doesn't work, try compositing of the veins in ps for the final image :thumbsup:

jddog
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
The darker foetus still disappears a bit into the background though... :wip:

this is my impression too, in any case you did a great light and material work
:thumbsup:
jdd

Gunilla
10-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Of course it's a good idea... I've this feeling very early (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=2640066&postcount=137) thanks your pic Gunilla hahahaha "Find the duality"

I know you did! You where the first to point it out and I've kept the idea alive since then -:love:You have a very good sense for what I want ;):blush:

...without forget that the post-effects and compositing can help you a lot !!! and you can use it yet... at this step... to pre-visualize an idea about the final result... that can do the difference between a simple picture and the masterpiece you will have soon :thumbsup:

courage girl... :bounce:

And this was my plan for the next step! I will render each part separately to see what can be made in post. I know a lot of my troubles will be solved once I'm in Photoshop, thanks :thumbsup:

Omar - thank you! I will do a lot of post tests and also try to cut away parts of the mesh on the backside to see if that works better :thumbsup:

Julien - thank you - and currently working with that issue, cool to see you back :)

Lemog
10-26-2005, 10:08 AM
When we have long time the head inside the file... sometimes, we lose the most important, the simplicity... usually, near of us :bounce:

Gunilla
10-26-2005, 03:10 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130339445_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130339445_large.jpg)

Changed some details and added an extra backlight. Getting closer...

Gunilla
10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
So - added some new light and made some tweaking in Photoshop, trying out Scooters suggestion of the dark edge and kind of like it.
Now - to continue painting the maps, need some more veins :banghead:

makaron
10-26-2005, 04:17 PM
me like :) the framing makes it look more like they are in something, not flat on a surface...

Zapan
10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Hiya Gunilla :wavey:

Wow the new lightning rocks :eek: , the contrast on babies is coming truely awesome :buttrock:
In my humble opinion , I prefered the last background , more blurred , more sweet and gave this so nice mood to the scene, this feeling of peacefull and quiet... Hope you know what I'm talking about but one more time this is just my opinion....

So I can't wait to see your next update :bounce:

ihamid
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
hiya Gunilla ... yeah getting closer and closer! cool renders all the way!!:bounce: :bounce: !

cheers!

gpepper
10-26-2005, 06:24 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130339445_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130339445_large.jpg)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The perfection is near !
Great Great Great Great Great ! :bounce: :applause:

Digital_Rebellion
10-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Wow! At this stage, it's not unfair at all to predict that the twins could be fighting over a new BOXX PC... :wise:

alancamara
10-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Amazing work Gunilla, you did a great work here, really espectacular, congrats mate.

Lemog
10-27-2005, 04:36 AM
Good morning girl... and congrats for this update... the dark background increase the impact and the quality of your creation... maybe less blash... but very slighty... just red bubles slighty visible... just suggered, to give matter to the black...

The rest is very for me, just waiting veins... certainly a great moment... good painting operation Gunilla :bounce:

Lemog
10-27-2005, 04:40 AM
oups sorry Gunilla... double post :shrug:

Kisses :wavey:

daWinky
10-27-2005, 05:48 AM
Hi Gunilla,

I love your new lighting, great improvement for the left baby:thumbsup: ! I agree with Stéphane concerning the environment, a slightly blurred one gives the right mood...:) To say it all in one: It's getting better and better with every update!! Great work...:bounce:

-sabrina

Gunilla
10-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Wow everyone! It makes me very pleased that you like the new direction with light and background :bounce:
I'm late for work, sleeping to long today, so I will be back with moore comments later - see ya :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-27-2005, 06:19 AM
I'm late for work, sleeping to long today, so I will be back with moore comments later - see ya
As we said... the beauty need many hours of sleep... good work girl :thumbsup:

sergioKomic
10-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Nice! Bon! Go GO GO!

claudiojordao
10-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Hello my dear friend, I'm so sorry for not having more time to visit your thread... your progress is astonishing, it's all so beautiful that I don't even know what to say.
Congratulations Gunilla

Gunilla
10-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Mona - thank you! Agree - I think this is the way I will follow :thumbsup:

Steph - Glad you like it! And for sure I will try the option of a softer background, just wanted to make some visible change ( all my updates looks almost the same...) thank you, sweety :)

Hamid - thanks a bunch for those kind cheers :D

Gil - Oh, thank you... but I think the way to perfection is still very long, I'm doing my best though ;)

Digital_Rebellion - thanks ... :blush: Very kind, but I don't think that's very likely- the thought warms my heart anyway, thank you!

Alan - thank you, and I hope to make it even better :)

Gunilla
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Laurent - "maybe less blash..." I'm not sure I understand this :shrug:
Thanks for liking and I assure you there will be many more tests before the challenge is over!
Kisses to you too :blush:

Sabrina - Thanks a lot for your support! I will try less contrast in the next update :thumbsup:

Laurent - and more Kisses :D

sergioKomic - thanks, mate!

Claudio - thanks friend - good to see you back on board again! :)

Go, Go, Go I will - as soon as I get out from the day job ... lousy day today :banghead:

Thank you all for your time and interest in helping me further :buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
10-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Heeeyyy....; lighting in last wip looks mucu much better..:thumbsup:

P.S ; i really would like to know where did i find the word mucu...and what does it mean? :scream:

Gunilla
10-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks a lot Dimi!

hmm...mucu? Do you mean mucus? My online dictonary says : phlegm; mucus, slime - anything goey coming from the body I guess :scream:

I'd rather say it than see it ;)
And I also suffer from fat fimngers :D

scootermaya
10-27-2005, 06:27 PM
The last looks rrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaly good ! (I glad you used the dark backround...)

That's a winner ! (at least to me!:thumbsup: )

SuperXCM
10-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah, nice upadte, the new lighting is really cool, keep this way my friend!! :beer:

mmoir
10-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey Gunilla,

Your image keeps getting better:thumbsup: :thumbsup: , I am glad to see your search for veins was not in vain.:) The veins really add to the image.

Gunilla
10-28-2005, 06:05 AM
Scooter- double thanks! Thanks for liking and thanks for coming up with the suggestion for the background :thumbsup:

Lombardo - thanks and I will!

Mike - more veins is coming up - stay tuned for the next update. thanks for the :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to get some time to work on this later today... have a good day everyone :wavey:

makaron
10-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Just been looking at your challenge thread, and the last pictures... and I promised you Gunilla, I could hear the twins say...

the white: hey, it´s really cosy in here buddy!
the black: yup, lets us hope we never have to leave this warm, safe place...

with this "bladder" I just wanna tell you that,
1st. I´m not crazy... :p haha...
2nd your image really getting at the stage there its projectng the warm fuzzy feeling of safeness and comfort... :) at least it does for me for me ... hejja på :wip:

Gunilla
10-28-2005, 06:46 AM
Mona that's really sweet... thanks :love:

And when I listen carefully, they say to me "Hey buddy - let's get out there and make some trouble!"
:scream:

I'm beginning to long for the delivery day for sure ... got lots of new ideas for other stuff from doing this - best award I could get. :)

madshooter
10-28-2005, 07:22 AM
I'm too late to give any crits, awesome job and very nice promising concept:thumbsup:
waiting to see updates:bounce: :bounce:

DaddyMack
10-28-2005, 08:28 AM
I agree with Makaron Gunilla the warmth and securityis really disarming... Congrats big time!

Claireabella
10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Hi Gunilla. HAven't checked anyones threads for weeks so am feeling very left behind as I have hardly started on my challenge pic yet. Really like your Yin and Yang babes - very clever! :wise:

meatpuppet
10-28-2005, 04:14 PM
the lightingshading/rendering is looking very, very good.

one thing i would suggest (perhaps you've already thought about it) is a narrow depth of field. that would really help sell the microphotography aspect of your image.

cheers,

ace4016
10-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Last update looks great! Nice progress sicne the last time I was in here. Keep it up, looks like your nearly finished.

Gunilla
10-29-2005, 08:35 PM
madshooter - thank you! And you can give crits whenever you want - hope to have some updates soon :)

DaddyMack - thank you most humbly - I'm glad if I can touch a nerve with this :love:

Claire - Hi! Good to see you around. The cleverness of Yin/Yang is thanks to all good advice I've got from Lemog and others. I'm glad if it can turn out well :)

meatpuppet - Good idea, it was on my list for testing but haven't got there yet. thank you!

James - Thanks mate, Yes - I think I almost am... but as usual I will probably come up with some great ideas to try in the last minute... :wip:

I've had a totally 3d free day, but hope to be back on track tomorrow. Thanks all and see you around :wavey:

scootermaya
10-29-2005, 09:25 PM
the lightingshading/rendering is looking very, very good.

one thing i would suggest (perhaps you've already thought about it) is a narrow depth of field. that would really help sell the microphotography aspect of your image.

cheers,

Cool idea ! Did the "Mill" do that on there picture? Hmmmm I'm checking

SoniaNotRed
10-29-2005, 10:23 PM
:blush: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#) I must confess I've been lurking for a while but never got around to actually post a message... :blush: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

You've been putting up one hell of a fight with those textures and it's really paying off. :thumbsup:
For that alone: *respect*
Congratulations on your babies and good luck!

shakes
10-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Looking fantastic Gunilla-I've been away for a week so great update! you've really got those veins happening nicely.the lighting looks great too. one thing I noticed- the dark baby's foot- would it be better tucked in under the womb lining a little more? To me it looks like it's sticking out of it. lovely work.

Gunilla
10-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Scooter - OK, one more vote for DoF... I'll make some tests today so we can see how it looks, thanks :thumbsup:

Sonia - Thank you! And I'm glad you posted... good luck for you too. :)

Shakes - Yep - that foot has annoyed me some too. I think it can be solved by the texture for the birthsack, I'm quite happy with the position but it sure looks like it's sticjking out from the sack. Will look into it promptly - thanks for pointing it out!
Good to see you back, I've been so hungry for junk food lately :scream:

So, if all goes as planned I will do a series of tests today which I hope to upload for comments... unless they all looks like crap in which case they will be forever hidden :)
Have a nice day all :thumbsup:

makaron
10-30-2005, 06:35 AM
the black: hope that mum really get us to an update today...
the white: yups, i wanna show my cute face to all our fans out there...
the black: let´s hope, let´s hope... but you know mum, she is a hard pixelworker so, she fix us look really nice...
go Gunilla go... :wip:

Zapan
10-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Hey few posts like that remaining and we will have an awesome soap opera , very funny :scream: thx girls....

Gunilla
10-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Haha, Mona - that's great! And Zapan, fun idea... thinking of it- it's a bit like "Big Brother" ... who will be the last one to get out? :D

eddieellis
10-30-2005, 01:20 PM
looking good my friend. i love you floaty bits :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
10-30-2005, 02:47 PM
looking very good, in my opinion the pose of the foot of the upside down fetus should be more relaxed. i think it would look more natural with that leg pose and it won't look that similar to the foot of the other fetus.

Gunilla
10-30-2005, 04:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130691628_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130691628_large.jpg)

DoF made in PS with Lens blur and Z depth
Also some tweaking on the sack plus new set of veins for both fetuses :)

Gunilla
10-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Eddie- Hi! :thumbsup:

Fabian - Hmm, perhaps. I just did some adjustments to the sack to better show the foots position - what do you think?
Thanks for your always good advice :)

So, I had a long list for today but trying the DoF has taken most of it... still haven't been able to do a decent one in 3D so I did some testing in Photoshop while rendering. Let me know what you think... I'm not sure if I like it :shrug:
Also need to tone down the veins on light baby some for the next render.

Poisen
10-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey! ;)

I popped in to look at the entry's, and look who is kicking some butt again!
really like it so far.
good concept/very unique, and as usual really nice color scheme.
:thumbsup:
will keep an eye on this, i have a good feeling about this one, good luck!

J.B.

madshooter
10-30-2005, 04:36 PM
I understand Dof in 3d is little difficult:) But I pretty much like the results you have achieved with photoshop:thumbsup: . Veins definetely needs to be toned down on the light baby as already -mentioned by you.
You are almost there So just Go go go:bounce:

Gunilla
10-30-2005, 05:16 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130696160_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130696160_large.jpg)

DoF made in Max plus some electric glow ... playing around to see if something fun turns up.

Gunilla
10-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Jon - Hi there! Thanks a lot for cheering and buttkicking :thumbsup:
It's a pity you haven't entered this time. Maybe there is still time? :wip:

Roshan - thanks and yes - in this case DoF has been tricky, I use a tele lens and have some testing before I can tune it. :)

OK - the last test is with some DoF made with FinalDof, also tested some spooky glows ... a lot of artifacts but perhaps I will test this further. Seems a little noisy though :scream:
That's it for today - just playing, thanks all and have a nice evening/day/morning :wavey:

DaddyMack
10-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Hi Gunilla and umm.. WOW! it's really going places atm... I think the glows could maybe shine through behind, in between them a little... and I think the cord blood could be a little deeper red... The veins and subtle details look great atm... And that glow effect is a stunning touch! Is the sac going to get some subtle veins too?

Zapan
10-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Wow Someone didn't snail all the day long... 2 Updates !! :eek: only missing a tree and a fat guy and we've got christmas :scream:

The first is definetly my favourite more highlighted more blurred , just perfect. Only veins are a bit strong but you already know that. The second is really nice too, there a lot of good ideas in there, love the way the dof make the background became the foreground... (don't if that make sense :curious: ) the chain lightning is nice too but make the pic a little sharp , we lost the mood a little....

So many great test are going on here Gunilla , perfection is almost there :bounce: :bounce:

shakes
10-30-2005, 07:20 PM
gee, they look really good gunilla-that foot is perfect..love the way it's stretching the womb lining. I think i prefer the second last render, the colours are just a bit more vivid.
the veins look beautiful, but maybe a little too solid? this is sucjh a beautiful image!!

shemosus
10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
i love your understanding to the inviroment and how you reacted with it.
excellent illustration.:applause:

Lemog
10-31-2005, 04:04 AM
That works a lot here... and very good...

When I saw the first... already think that this picture was very very good... near to be perfect... and I think that just need some parts with other contrast than the global warm red color... and I've discovered the second one... with a really interesting background, certainly better than the previous one... with interesting contrats... In first, I like less this one... but after many minutes of observation, it have a very interesting potentiel... this picture only need more warm red color... a more warm mood... a more comfortable mood... near of the first one...

Well... good work... you're near of your final goal now... Congratulations... that comes perfect... I like that... Have a nice day Gunilla :wavey:

makaron
10-31-2005, 04:50 AM
the white: morning... :)
the black: did you see the two diffrent light we got yesterday?
the white: naaa. I was sleeping, what was the diffrence?
the black: first a kind of yellow/red, that got your vens to shine thru a bit too much, the rest of you look good tho...
the white: my veins... :eek: not my brain then?
the black: blondes don´t have a brain... :p so don´t even try.... anyway, the 2nd light. i kind of liked... maked our sack, look great...
the white: ahhh, so you mean some kind of combo should be fine...
the black: exactly! let´s see if mum show us some new stuff later...

Lemog
10-31-2005, 05:14 AM
Hahahahaha... very good exchange of words between them Mona... very imaginative (for a blond of course... :scream: hahahahaha)...

Gunilla
10-31-2005, 06:07 AM
DaddyMack - I'm glad you lke the noisyglow! I think, what's good is that it narrows the space a bit, making it more crowded - and I've got some ideas on how to push that further.
Veins on sack is a splendid idea - could unify the whole thing even more, thanks for this idea, very Cool...Daddy (humdihumdi hum) :D

Steph - Could be a bit tricky to make room for a tree and a fat guy in that vomb but the thought is indeed spectacular :scream:
Your comment about background/foreground makes perfect sense... it's about the same thing I discovered myself, thanks Sweety :thumbsup:

Shakes - thank you a lot! When typing this is suddenly struck my mind... can you imagine that once Elvis himself was in a vomb waiting to get out? :D

shemosus - thanksand good luck with your own entry!

Laurent - Yes, I think the time has come to render out all different element in highres and bring it all into photoshop. It will be much easier to tweak there than to continue with tweaking in 3d, normally I would have done that sooner but this time I've enjoyed having time to play around. Thanks as always for your good comments. Have a nice day you too, honey :love:

Mona - haha, and thanks for the remainder of the brains :banghead:
Nice dialog for them - but do you really think they would speak english? :D

Lemog - Spamspammeli spam? :scream:

OK folks - your feedback and enthusiasm is overwhelming... and as usual gives a real energy boost. I wish you the best of days :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-31-2005, 06:15 AM
"enthusiasm" -> it's the most important word of the day... nobody here must forget that... go girls... :thumbsup:

makaron
10-31-2005, 06:22 AM
Nice dialog for them - but do you really think they would speak english? :D

den svarta: men kan vi säga sakerna på svenska då? :cool:
den vita: va säger du.. svenska? jippi... men, men du förstår ju knappt nån oss...
den svarta: näää... men tror du nån fattar va vi säger iaf då... :surprised
den vita: tänkte inte på det... men duuuu...
the white: we take in english easier that way for everybody I guess...
the black: yeah... we are the glowing brain babies so we can write in english :p
the white: ahhh I forgot, we are the smart ones... hehe
you can be proud of these babies Gunilla... they are writing in both swedish and english... :bounce:

daWinky
10-31-2005, 06:35 AM
Hi Gunilla,
you're near the final and near perfection:thumbsup: . So it's really hard to decide between the last updates:curious: - I think again something in the middle between both:wise: ...wonderful mood already!

-sabrina

Zapan
10-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Damn , they forgot to put French subtitles :scream:

You go girl :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Gunilla
10-31-2005, 06:53 AM
"enthusiasm" -> it's the most important word of the day... nobody here must forget that... go girls... :thumbsup:

Yes, Indeed - I'm going! :scream:

Mona - haha, shouldn't have said that :)

Sabrina - thank you! Yes, probably somehwre in the middle - but there is still plenty of time to try new stuff! :)

Zapan - Noooo! Now Mona has to spend the rest of the day with translation! :scream:

DaddyMack
10-31-2005, 07:06 AM
:argh: got me again!

Bass
She's crazy like a fool
What about it Daddy Cool
I'm crazy like a fool
What about it Daddy Cool

Harmonies
Daddy, Daddy Cool
Daddy, Daddy Cool
Daddy, Daddy Cool
Daddy, Daddy Cool
Round and round it goes...I've got such a sponge of a brain:shrug: ... Glad my sponge helped a little:wavey:

Gunilla
10-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Hahaha! Daddy - soory, I can't help it ... it pops up as soon as I see your avatar - perhaps you should change it to something like this? (http://www.musicalnews.com/img_art/30032005131032.jpg)

Ok, promise - I stop now, I really have other things I should do - thanks for the giggle :cool:

makaron
10-31-2005, 07:24 AM
ops... Gunilla :eek: and now that pic gonna popup in my mind when i see daddymack avatar... haha

the white: I know I know... I finally got it... I know who is our father...
the black: who? who? who?
the white: not so hard to guess... it´s daddymack if course...
the black: ahhhh... that´s cool... :scream:

madshooter
10-31-2005, 07:37 AM
Well a small suggestion just make that electric glow little soft, let it blend with the dof -background, might look more cool:) Great update, keep going you are almost there and still plenty of time to play around with your scene:bounce: :bounce:

ThierryS
10-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Awsome work Gunilla, this is becoming like the real thing, such a nice work on shaders and textures, and the concept is so valued by the atmosphere. :thumbsup: :)

started with Imagine on Amiga, ah those where the days!

Hehe me too! That was so fun:beer:

shakes
10-31-2005, 08:35 AM
Shakes - thank you a lot! When typing this is suddenly struck my mind... can you imagine that once Elvis himself was in a vomb waiting to get out? :D
:

haha..very hard to imagine him that tiny!!

SoniaNotRed
10-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Hehehe!
When this is over you and Makaron can publish the "Chronicles of the Glowing Babies"! :D

Agamemnwn
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Hej Gunilla,

The mood of the picture looks great and you have makaron learning the babes swedish and english :scream: GREAT :D how lycky u are :D

alancamara
11-01-2005, 12:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130691628_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1130691628_large.jpg)

DoF made in PS with Lens blur and Z depth
Also some tweaking on the sack plus new set of veins for both fetuses :)

Wow, amazing Gunilla! :bounce: I loved the veins and you did a great work with the lights. Congrats mate :applause:

Gunilla
11-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Mona - hmm... DaddyMack, daddy? Now, how on earth could that be? :curious: DaddyCool on the other hand... :D

Roshan - thank you - and yes, that's a good plan :thumbsup:

Thierry - Ha! Another Imagine friend! Yes, great fun - until I switched to PC ... it never worked well there so I had to change to Max... not to sorry about that now, haha!
And thanks for cheering :)

Shakes - haha, yes - perhaps you should make an image of it? :bounce:

Sonia - As long as it's not "The true story of the abandoned children" haha, no - I will finish this for sure :thumbsup:

Jannis - Yep, I'm a firm believer of early education :D

Alan - thank you so much - and I hope to make it even better :)

There will be some delay with my next update since a rush job dropped down today ... so, if I'm lucky I can have something done by the weekend. I've started the tedious work of rendering all details out in full resolution, fog, volume lights, glows etc. As soon as I got the layers made I will bring it into Photoshop for tweaking.
thanks for your support - you guys and girls are the best :thumbsup:

hhssuu
11-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice electric glow thingy effect, i do think it should be a little lighter too though. maybe with a little bit of diffused noise paticles around it will look good. Donno if that sounds clear, but i think you know what to do :)

Deankovitch
11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Hi denverbz, i forget to send you the link of my animations of the umbilical lace.

Here is it
http://www.enesolutions.com/Ligacao_Port_low.mov

Keep going your image is coolest every new post !

ThierryS
11-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Ha! Another Imagine friend! Yes, great fun - until I switched to PC ... it never worked well there so I had to change to Max... not to sorry about that now, haha!

Sure, it was the beginning of 3D on personnal computer, strange they never continued to develop it in the right direction though, like Lightwave did e.g... :shrug: It was fun waiting all night for a single objet with raytracing to render, hehe! :D
Can't regret either to have switched to MAx.

BTW, did you use max shaders for the bubbles around the babies or is it texturing?
Cheers!

makaron
11-02-2005, 07:31 AM
the black: have you heard the latest news?
the white: nope, what? about us you mean?
the black: mmm... :hmm: we gonna wait a few days to be rendered in all details out in full resolution... and then we gonna be tweaked...
the white: oauh.. sounds like a lot pain... :D
the black: but we gonna look good after that... and maybe we got our brains after that...
the white: ahhh. a glowing brain... good for me, I need a brain...
the black: that´s no news... :rolleyes: haha... but now we say...

hejja Gunilla, hope that an update is not going to take too long... :wip:

JamesMK
11-02-2005, 07:35 AM
The improved veins add a lot :thumbsup:

Dark twin still a bit hard to read separated from the background :D

The noisy glow and floating stuff could be increased - more small floaters!

Zapan
11-02-2005, 07:51 AM
the black: but we gonna look good after that... and maybe we got our brains after that...
the white: ahhh. a glowing brain... good for me, I need a brain...
the black: that´s no news... :rolleyes: haha... but now we say...

Apparently the white will be a girl... and a blond one :D ... hum sorry Mona :blush:

Hope that update will comes up soon , it will be really harsh to wait that long.
Good luck with your rush job :) :bounce:

Lemog
11-02-2005, 08:11 AM
I just think to something... that can appear very strange... but why not some glowy veins for the dark boy... that can give him a better readibility... :)

scootermaya
11-02-2005, 08:15 AM
I just think to something... that can appear very strange... but why not some glowy veins for the dark boy... that can give him a better readibility... :)

Yeaaaaahhhh :thumbsup: !!! Like a disco man you mean ? Sorry, OK, I'm leaving ! :scream:

Lemog
11-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Yeaaaaahhhh :thumbsup: !!! Like a disco man you mean ? Sorry, OK, I'm leaving ! :scream:

It was some "Daddy Cool" thoughts I see ? and you're crazy like a fool ?
...mmmmh... maybe this baby need the appropriate hairs too ? :scream: hahahaha

Spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... so sorry... but Scooty started the first to speak for nothing hahaha

makaron
11-02-2005, 09:36 AM
It was some "Daddy Cool" thoughts I see ? and you're crazy like a fool ?
...mmmmh... maybe this baby need the appropriate hairs too ? :scream: hahahaha

Spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... so sorry... but Scooty started the first to speak for nothing hahaha

the white: what´s your real name? do you now that?
the black: hmmm :hmm: not sure, but when reading these last post I could guess...
the white: what? why? what is it? :bounce:
the black: well, our creator says that daddy cool is our dad, so.. my name must be...
mini D.Cool... :D
the white: yeah cool...

spam :blush: and I blame Scooty and Lemog...

Agamemnwn
11-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Hej gunilla,

ok some constractiv critisism, i see the little bubbly spheres along the side of the black baby but not on the other side or maybe some of them really faint and translucent on the front and side of the picture leadning to the babys to simulate depth but still not to miss the details on the "pay off" in the center when looking att the image.

DimitrisLiatsos
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I though i heard Boney M in here...party?..... :buttrock:

Veins addition is very cool...now i think u should add many small floating essence in there like wabbit JamesMK said....

Very sweet image ...

Gunilla
11-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Thank you all for the support!

I will get back to you later with some proper answers - right now, I'm just :banghead::banghead:

Got a rush assignment from a new client, an illustration for a magazine. So I spent all day yesterday making a nice concept sketch ... an hour ago they called me and asked: Could you please change the idea and make an image of a city filled with rabbits? For going to print tomorrow afternoon?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sorry, just have to let out some steam - wish me luck with the rabbits... James can you come over and pose? :D

JamesMK
11-02-2005, 12:08 PM
- wish me luck with the rabbits... James can you come over and pose? :D
I doubt you would be able to do any illustrations after having died from sheer horror :argh:

Lemog
11-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I see that boss are all the same... :banghead:

...and silly rabbits continue to run in the city... :argh:

Gunilla
11-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Haha, James I assure you - that horror could be nothing compared to what the client will feel when he sees my faint attempts of creating a cute cartoony type pic :sad:

Laurent - the world would be so much better if we could be the bosses instead. Long live Rubber Suits inc :thumbsup:

OK - better get to it now... exactly how hard can it be to model a rabbit - and pose 50?

Lemog
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Just remember that rabbit are stronger than turtlle...

just a touch of laugh for you with the old Rocky Rabbit 2 Rumble (http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/displayimage.php?pid=3842&fullsize=1) :scream:

DaddyMack
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Hahaha! Daddy - soory, I can't help it ... it pops up as soon as I see your avatar - perhaps you should change it to something like this? (http://www.musicalnews.com/img_art/30032005131032.jpg)

Ok, promise - I stop now, I really have other things I should do - thanks for the giggle :cool:

Gunilla... ROFL You just made my morning.. and for that my avatar doggie gets a little holiday:beer:

Lemog
11-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Hahahaha... this morning start well... by spamming another time... congratulations for your new avatar Daddy... this guy is so cool......and you can't imagine what kind of music I'm actually listening ? :scream:

and nice day for you all girls and guys here :wavey:

Nakary
11-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Hi Gunilla..

Great image, its the first time I really look at it, very nice modeling, I haven´t got to see the wires, but I like the overall shape, for this step I just think it needs some color correction or something to draw away some of the washed out areas, and it would be nice to get that red a lit more ALIVE.. :)

Congratulations so far...

Momentum
11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
cool i really like the fractal layer around the placenta, i mean it looks good......

Zapan
11-03-2005, 12:37 PM

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/medal.jpg

Well in fact the queen of everything

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 02:03 PM

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/medal.jpg

Well in fact the queen of everything

Ohhh!

:eek: :cry: :blush:

That is probably the cutest award I ever got... I'm speachless - or should I say spamless? :D

Thanks Steph - that made my day :)

daWinky
11-03-2005, 02:12 PM
:D Hehe, always very entertaining here! But I'm already so used to your daily updates...:sad: how about your rabbits, not ready yet with these? - I want to see more tweaking!!

-sabrina

DimitrisLiatsos
11-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Gunilla... ROFL You just made my morning.. and for that my avatar doggie gets a little holiday:beer:

U NUTS DaddyMack.....wahhaahahaahah...u changed your avatar to BoneyM...lol...i spilled my coffee all over...:scream: ....Sorry Gunilla...i couldn't resist......hahahahahah :scream:.....

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 02:24 PM
OK - I'm so behind in replying here, sorry... finally I've some time to focus.

Chih-Han - yup, that sounds like the plan, thanks buddy!

Dean - Thanks for the link, very nice clip and much in style with what I want to do, great!

Thierry - Ahhh, don't get me started on the magic of Imagine... it changed my life forever.
For the bubbles - maxshaders on circles, stay tuned and I'll post a screenshot with the texture later :)

Mona - haha, funny!

James - Dark twin :banghead:, floaters :thumbsup: Will do what I can , thanks for your good eyes!

Zapan - both twins gender-free at this moment ... we have to leave something for the imagination, right? Thanks for cheering!

Laurent - glowing veins? ... maybe good, thank you! I've added some glowing veins (very timid) for the birthsack, maybe that'll do it?

Scooter - Disco ... Noooooo..... :scream:

Laurent - afro hair? Now, you really driving me nuts!

Mona - haha, and now - don't we have a gnome and a fairy that needs some scriptwriting? :twisted:

Jannis - Thanks a lot for suggestion! I'm not sure I understand your description though ... hang in there and see if the next update has what you want!

Dimi - Welcome to the Discoparty! And yes, floaters... thanks!

Lolo - Rocky Rabbit is very cute! Did you make him for a special occasion?

DaddyMack - You, dear sir - just made mine! Love that look in his eyes ... soo empty :)

Laurent - You're welcome to spam anytime, love having you around!

Nakary - Thanks a lot for your feedback! I'll post some wires if you're interested, don't think I have yet. And yes, I plan to do a lot of tweaking in Photoshop.

Momentum - thank you for the nice words!

So, the evening will be spent with lazy surfing, a hot bath and playing with the cat - maybe something will be up by tomorrow.

Thanks all for being the best of bunch :beer:

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
And while I was typing away...

Sabrina - haha, playing is part of the daily updates... don't worry I'll be back, completetly rabbit free and all ( sorry if hurting any rabbits feelings) :D

Dimi - It's OK , you can spill your coffee, we have special suits for that :twisted::scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Hahahah...if u mean the Lemog-RubberSuits....wahahahha....i would be so....smushing in one of those...:scream: ...

What a ...spiffy thread as Wabbit would say...:bounce: :thumbsup:

jddog
11-03-2005, 04:06 PM
wonderful details that you added on last post :thumbsup:
jdd

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 04:26 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131038804_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131038804_large.jpg)

The wire for the whole scene

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 04:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131038909_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131038909_large.jpg)

Some of the shaders, I use a lot of procedurals for all shaders

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Dimi - I was thinking more of a robust red thing somewhere in the mid of this now so huge thread ... If I can find it I'll send it to you :twisted:
Glad you're enjoying my thread - so do I :)

Julien - Thank you! And I hope - each update is a small step forward, good to see you here :thumbsup:

So, as promised some wires plus the shader for the bubbles which are flat circles in a particle system, all facing the camera and mapped with this shader.
Also the shader for the birthsack which I think perhaps became a bit overly complicated ... but at least, it's working OK.

Zapan
11-03-2005, 04:34 PM
that's really disturbing to discover the simple geometry you have here thinking how much complex and detailled and gorgeous render you have ... awesome :eek: :) :bounce:

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Zapan - there you go, being sweet to me again ;) Thank you!
And yes - I'm trying to make up for my very modest modeling skills - sometimes it works and sometimes not.

melkao
11-03-2005, 04:57 PM
the miracle of life: i think that this is the most spectacular thing in the whole world:love:, is a beautiful escene.....and there's too many fool that say that this is the ecolution and not the great creation....excellent work man, now you have my respect, and admiration:bowdown::beer:

shakes
11-03-2005, 07:53 PM
stunning work Gunilla! you should feel very proud of this.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6084/catmouse3eg.gif (http://imageshack.us)

scootermaya
11-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Definitly part of the CG Extraterrestrial Tweaker comunity !
Congrat Guny :thumbsup: ! (U and Lemog should create a club)

I definitly love your work as well. I am glad I subscribe and follow yours, Sweedish Girl. (see, I don't call you other names :wise: )

Lemog
11-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Congratulations Gunilla... very effective shaders... thanks for visual explanation of it... and the wire... I don't imagine the bubbles like that... You bluffed me... really good... that works well... always simple solutions the best way... :thumbsup:

Scooty have right... terribly E.T. http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/alien/vignette3/thumbnails/ufo_gif.gif

Gunilla
11-04-2005, 05:58 AM
Carlos - thanks a lot for your nice words - feels good to know that I'm closing in on what I want to achieve with this :)

shakes - Thank you, John - much honoured to hear :thumbsup:

Scooter - "CG Extraterrestrial Tweaker comunity" haha, perhaps so :D
I'm glad to have you following this - always good to see you!
And I think that me and Lemog already belongs to the same club, right Laurent? ;)

Laurent - Thank you! I bluffed you with the bubbles? Good to hear :)
I always try the easiest ways first - partly because I'm lazy and partly because I get so frustrated when the scene gets so heavy that it's slowing up to much. I'm no fan of having to spend days with figuring out solutions on how to be able to work smoothly ... so if I can get away with some bluffing I sure will :thumbsup:

Thank you folks for making this such a nice thread to hang out in, wish you all a good day :wavey:

daWinky
11-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Thank's for giving us an "inside-look" in your secrets of almost perfect shaders!:applause:

Your sack-shader looks heavy and I don't even want to imagine what every single parameter is good for, but the main thing is: It works very good!!:cool:

-sabrina

Lemog
11-04-2005, 06:30 AM
I get so frustrated when the scene gets so heavy that it's slowing up to much. I'm no fan of having to spend days with figuring out solutions on how to be able to work smoothly ...
I know well this frustrated feeling with heavy scene... it's always my challenge... but you're right... manage well the workflow permit to push the mountains... :thumbsup:

makaron
11-04-2005, 08:10 AM
the black: it that what we are made of... :eek:
the white: yup... a lot of lines and colors... but we sure looks good...
the black: I wonder how we gonna look in next rendering?

Lemog
11-04-2005, 08:15 AM
and they say together... who's our mother... who's our father... we hears just their voices :eek:

Lemog
11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
I just want to congratulate you Gunie for your new pretty avatar... very adapted :beer: hahaha...

and take care with your long fingers now... certainly not useful on the keyboard... :twisted:

Gunilla
11-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Mona, Laurent - all the voices you're hearing... I'm almost worried about you :rolleyes:
Hope to have some update one of these days...

I just want to congratulate you Gunie for your new pretty avatar... very adapted :beer: hahaha...

and take care with your long fingers now... certainly not useful on the keyboard... :twisted:
haha, thank you!

And so, now I've not only got fffat fffingers but long too, typing will be very hard for a while - good it's weekend soon :D

SuperXCM
11-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Looking good here, nice to see the wire and shaders, amazing work Gunilla!!! :arteest:
And really good new avatar!! :bounce:

scootermaya
11-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Soooooo , this is how you really look huuu ! Niiiiice :thumbsup:
http://michel.cavro.free.fr/mayalounge/ET2.jpg
remind me to take you out for diner next time I come to Stockholm :bounce:

medunecer
11-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Really a nice and out of the box idea! A great scene!

rattlesnake
11-04-2005, 05:50 PM
hello, i saw u added some nice details to the composition, i really like the "wires" shot,it shows how presicise and clean is your geometry, u planned very good how to make your effects with great shaders, makes me wonder : how long does a frame took to render?
ok mate im here just to give u some of these::arteest::buttrock::buttrock::applause:
u really deserve it!.

ThierryS
11-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi Gunilla, hey cool new avatar, so you've got one of these :cool: and very practical fingers to read in bed at night...:D

and thanks for sharing the inside out of your masterpiece. So simple yet so efficient, I never would have guessed it had so little geometry, that's clever work!!
PUre class!:arteest: Cheers

makaron
11-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Mona, Laurent - all the voices you're hearing... I'm almost worried about you :rolleyes:

the black: but, but have anyone heard us talking... :argh:
the white: mmm... seems like that... we better wispering from now on... :blush:
the black: shhh... we don´t wanna get in trouble, do we?
the white: nope, but among all these crazy people I really dont think we are so nuts... ;)

Gunilla
11-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Lombardo - thank you and have a nice weekend! :beer:

Scooter - Sure, Do you really want me to come like this? :rolleyes:
This is just temporarily, I espect to leave E.T mood as soon as possible ;)

medunecer - thankyou and nice of you to stop by :thumbsup:

Jorge - Thanks you for the kind words, really appreciated :)
The small renders I have so far takes about 10 min, quite low quality MR no GI for this which makes it surprisingly fast. The full image 3000x3000 which I'm currently making is rendered in layers - takes about 30 min each in good quality. Seriously, I'm surprised about how small this project is - filesize is only 12mb.
It's been a great learning experience so far.

Thierry - thank you, it's really nice to get so much positive comments from all you great modelers ... makes me happy :)
And thanks for the compliments for my weekend outfit - don't plan to use these fingers for reading I think :D

Mona - haha, you can't stop it, can you :D Oh, and love your new avatar!

So, now the final layer for today have been rendered and it's time to call it a day - much thanks for all your good comments and splendid company :wavey:

makaron
11-04-2005, 07:54 PM
me? stop? naaaa.... I´m not the quilty one...:blush: I´m just the ghostwriter to two little babies... they can talk but not write... have to do my duty... haha...
and my little cutie for avatar GP I got from shakes...

SoniaNotRed
11-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow! :eek:
That's a whole lot of maps in those textures! How long does it take to figure out how many you're gonna need? Do you already start with a clear idea or just add them up as you go along?

mr_carl
11-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Really exelent work you have done with this image, I get amased every time I look at it, its rtuly spectacular.

Du har min röst Gunilla.

Carl.

Gunilla
11-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Mona - Ah - yes, I thought it looked familiar, shakes is great at those thingies, sweet :thumbsup:

Sonia - Usually I have an idea for start and then add things up as I go. After a while they tend to become to complex and I start to throwing things out again. For this I started with translucent shaders for all - I also use a lot of falloff maps to blend different areas. It works quite well for this kind of models.
Map tweaking is one of my favourite parts ... it's almost like painting :)

Carl - Hi there! Och tack så mycket!

Another rainy day here - hope to get something done... we'll see.

Zapan
11-05-2005, 09:08 AM
So, the evening will be spent with lazy surfing, a hot bath and playing with the cat

Really curious effects , the bath in sweden :D
I feel weird talking to ET...Be careful with the beer :scream: ....

Have a pleasant week end , hope to see that update you're talking about :wavey:

Gunilla
11-05-2005, 02:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131202848_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131202848_large.jpg)

This is the layers I've rendered so far, stacked in Photoshop and ready to start tweaking. Funtime!

Gunilla
11-05-2005, 02:02 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131202948_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131202948_large.jpg)

This is a closeup of the textured fetuses, mostly to show the fine hair - I don't think it will be visible through the birthsack later - but at least I know it's there :)
I'm using KPT Fur for the hair effect, very subtle.... should I crank it up?

DaddyMack
11-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Looking glorious as ever Gunilla! I think that the subtle fur breaks the highlight up just enough;) I like!.. I think that the foot interaction with the sack really adds to the effect and that there could maybe be a little more 'hugging' from the sac... The overall effect with the veins is stunning atm and I love what you've done with their eyes. I see some small specks in front of the wee dark one... To my eyes they could be more subtle, they seem to distract my eyes when viewing the piece as a whole... I've sooo enjoyed watching this evolve my friend, and I've learned a great deal from your journey so far:beer: Rock on ET:buttrock:

(o)ne
11-05-2005, 06:47 PM
yes, you're doing very nice and interesting image :thumbsup:

jddog
11-05-2005, 07:11 PM
:applause: yes... a perfection work on texture and details !
jdd

Zapan
11-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Hejsan Gunilla,

The stack of layers seems to be well thought, to tweak and make effects as you want pretty easily , well in my opinion.Nice closeup too , we can see to fine bump and hair on the baby ... awesome :eek:
Is the closeup a region of the final framing Hi-res, or is it a real zoom of that part ?

Keep up the great work , can't wait to see your awesome photoshop effects, you go girl :bounce:

Agamemnwn
11-05-2005, 11:05 PM
looking good there Gunilla. great looking render and the amount of detail we see in the closeup its awesome :D kör hårt gunilla :D:scream:

Gunilla
11-06-2005, 07:44 AM
DaddyMack - Ah, yes - the sack! I've been fighting this part and was actually planning on fixing it in Photoshop - but now I think it could be a good idea to try out the new cloth function. It will be the experiment for today! Thanks for steering my mind in the right direction :thumbsup: And the specks will definitely be toned down in PS.

Stepan - thanks and so are you, both your old and this new one!

Julien - much thanks, but perfection is perhaps a bit away :blush::)

Zapan - Hejsan! The closeup is a cut from the highres render but without the fog and glows so what will be visible there in the end is hard to tell.
Really curious effects , the bath in sweden :D
I feel weird talking to ET...Be careful with the beer :scream: ...
Haha, I feel a bit strange talking as ET too - must take another bath and see what happens :D

Jannis - thank you och du också! :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
11-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Fabian - Hmm, perhaps. I just did some adjustments to the sack to better show the foots position - what do you think?

yep, perfect. that's gonna be great! :thumbsup:

arturro
11-06-2005, 08:42 AM
wonderful work!
I can only advice you to try making the surrounding of the babies more blurry.
waiting for your final steps
good luck!

Gunilla
11-06-2005, 12:56 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131285371_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131285371_large.jpg)

Some small changes to the sack where the foot pushes it out - better?
Also testing out some Disco noise ... hmm, perhaps not

Gunilla
11-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Fabian - thanks... and now even more. Hope you like it! :)

Arturro - Hi there! Yes it will be more blurry as soon as I get started with postjob.
thanks for stopping by with those nice words :thumbsup:

madshooter
11-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Very nice textures and details, I really like foot pushing the sack and it getting deformed
Great job gunilla:thumbsup: Waiting to see the postprocessing job, keep going:bounce:

Zapan
11-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Ouh yeah , the sack around the feet is great , you completly have the feeling that he push that. :thumbsup:

The blue fog is also a really good idea to break up tones a bit , :bounce:
Just the red line around bubbles in the left low corner looking a bit weird to me...

Keep tweaking , do you see that shiny award behind that ? :wise:

edit : btw , love that kicky cute foot avatar :D

shakes
11-06-2005, 05:56 PM
really stunning image gunilla-you've really done a superb job! they look beautiful

SoniaNotRed
11-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Map tweaking is one of my favourite parts ... it's almost like painting :)

Yep, texturing is fun! And sometimes it is painting! ;)
Great details on that close-up. I wouldn't have noticed the hair if you hadn't mentioned it, though... Maybe turning it a little lighter or darker would fix it...
The sack is better now. :thumbsup:

polygonwarrior
11-07-2005, 04:14 AM
getting better:thumbsup:

Lemog
11-07-2005, 05:16 AM
No council today honey... changes can be minor... only depend of our own taste... and now, that's appear very good for me...
...always watching, always thinking... beautiful work... :bowdown:

daWinky
11-07-2005, 05:17 AM
Ah, don't have to wait for my daily update this morning, you've been busy during the weekend:) . It's stunning that your little tweaks always turns out to be great improvements :eek: - I love this close-up with the fine hairs and the sack around the pushing foot seems to be perfect now!:thumbsup:

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Good morning! As usual all the greetings makes it a perfect start for the day.

Roshan - thank you, I will start tweaking later this week - I just discovered some parts needs to be rerendered, sorry for the delay.

Steph - thanks for nice words and good advice - I've begun to be a bit hesitant about the background so perhaps I'll try something else... we'll see. hmmm.... award? It is the worst spammer award? :scream: haha, thank you - and I've already got the best awards around ;)

John - thank you shakes, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Sonia - thanks and yes - maybe the hair is a little to weak ... oh no, starting over again? :scream:

CUBISIS - thank you I hope so!

Laurent - thank you and thanks for always being around :love:

Sabrina - I'm glad you think so! Often even I can see much difference ... right now I wish I had chosen a more big and complicated scene - so there would be some new things to tweak... ah, maybe for the next challenge.

So, another office day for me, hope to have some updates in a couple of days - thanks always for your interest, you guys and girls are the best :thumbsup:

romelalgo
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi Gunilla, I think your work is very good.
Just one thing, your scene is very magenta, could turn more yellow or orange. This colors give more live to you.
Cheers.

makaron
11-07-2005, 02:52 PM
the black: hey, this birthsack seems impossiable to kick a hole in... :twisted:
the white: mmm... we have to take the natrual way out later...
our creator has been working hard... but it looks good tho...
the black: yeah... I like the way the sack is looking when I kick on it... :)

DimitrisLiatsos
11-07-2005, 04:20 PM
:applause: What can i say...it's a celebration of shading and details...awesome..:bounce:

YOINKS ! :bounce:

AIR
11-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I have thinked of creating something simmilar in 3d in one period.
I quit,I cant wremember why.
Anyway,just droped to say,Niceeeee work pal.
But hope for some more tweakery and post and this and that.
Keep it real.A i R off

SuperXCM
11-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi Gunilla, nice work, nice work, as always, it's really beautiful. I'm looking for your update, always an eyes on your thread!! ;)

Good work my friend!! :beer:

meatpuppet
11-08-2005, 01:40 AM
looking sweet. when i first saw that rim light on the lighter sibling's earlobe i thought it was an earring. heh.

a couple of thoughts, take with salt.

- more particulate matter
- stronger depth of field
- the shading on the anmeotic sac is really good
- darken the background
- the eyes are really good, too
- the fetuses (feti?) look a little plastic, try breaking up the specular highlights or add a subtle color variation
- the veins rock!
- the umbilical cord could use a little work (check this (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/machineflesh/image.php?entry_id=8597) out)
- if you wanted to go really out there, you could do the internal organs/systems

hope that helps.

i'm really digging it, can't wait to see the finished image.

Gunilla
11-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Romel - thank you! And I agree - the overall color effect should be warmer :thumbsup:

Mona - still hearing voices I see :D

Dimi - thanks for the YOINKS :thumbsup:

A I R - Tweking will be made, promise! Perhaps you quit doing it because it became tedious? I'm almost there ...thanks for cheering!

Lombardo - thanks for being around - much appreciated :)

Jason - Some really good pointers there, thanks a lot!
Uhmm, plastic... I see what you mean, will try to fix that - good!
Antropus cord, I hadn't seen that ... ouch - really cool, but a bit more fleshy than what I have in mind. Will tweak the some though.
internal organs - ah, the brains, I've been struggling with tha - perhaps I should give it another go. All good advice - thanks again :thumbsup:

Current state - Right now I'm very tired of it ... and not very pleased, especially with the background. I might try something new for that or maybe just try to finish it so I can move on. This is the first time I try to make something even remotely realistic and I'm surprised that I found it as fun as I have - great learning experience!
Since my change of the sack I have to do most of the renderings for the layers again - after that I'll start playing wityh the background. In the end I hope to make them truly alive in PS. And I will finish for sure.

thanks all and have a good day :wavey:

Lemog
11-08-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm really okay with Jason's remarks...

...but also depend of your goal Gunie...

...continue with your sensitive style... a bit far of the realism stuff, but with lot of heart, lot of imagination and poetry, or trying to be near of the reality... these two ways can works.

Realism give in this case more different work, detailing and refining (inner parts and so...)... than your universe only need that your project evolved with your heart, and your particulary sensitive vision of the life.

Certainly that your picture is now at the middle of these 2 possibilities. You just have to push more in one or other direction to be able to finish quietly your project.

Take your choice... follow your way... surgical or white rabbit... simple choice for you, not ? :)

Nice choice for this good day... :wavey:

Gunilla
11-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Take your choice... follow your way... surgical or white rabbit... simple choice for you, not ? :)

Haha, thanks honey for reminding me - very good advice, and when thinking about it - not a difficult choice :)

thanks for the push :wavey:

daWinky
11-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I think you can be really proud of what you've got so far:bowdown: !! Perhaps take one or two days not looking at it and than return with a fresh look on your picture...sometimes helpful for me:) . Of course it would be hard not having my daily update:D ...but I think I can stand this.

-sabrina

ThierryS
11-08-2005, 03:02 PM
I think you can be really proud of what you've got so far !! Perhaps take one or two days not looking at it and than return with a fresh look on your picture...sometimes helpful for me . Of course it would be hard not having my daily update ...but I think I can stand this. Couldnt agree more for the proudness you should feel:applause: , and also for the days of rest away from the pic. I tried for two days, some ideas of improvement are coming, but two days are the most I could resist:scream: :banghead: , will be back on it this evening hehe!

Agamemnwn
11-08-2005, 10:03 PM
The change in the birthsack was really good gunilla and i loved the light coming through between the babes. I know what you mean about getting tired of a project but i would think you should take a minute and look att it from far. You did good gunilla . really good :D

soapy
11-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Fine work Gunilla. I don't have much to add at the moment , you've done such a great job with this...

Gunilla
11-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Sabrina - thank you - and thank you for patiently wait for next update :D
I'm trying some new things - perhaps they go into this image perhaps not ... so I sort of rest at it for the moment - feels like I have plenty of time ( but wait til the last days when I discover what needs to be done! )

Thierry - Thank you too for the encouragement - and if two days away can make wonders like it has for you I take a whole week :scream:

Jannis - Thank you a lot - and since I have some other things to take care of this week it will probably be some slacking now... :)

Jim - thanks for stopping by! And much thanks for the nice words...

Alas, today I have some digging to do - literally, will continue in snailmode now, trying to be open minded of things to add or remove ... your patience and support is appreciated as always :wavey:

Gunilla
11-09-2005, 10:49 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131536969_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131536969_large.jpg)

Added some new geometry - a placenta shape to the left. Let me know what you think ... stay or go?

daWinky
11-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Hmm, like the idea...maybe the contrast to the blurred background is to hard...perhaps try this also less sharp. :) Just my first thought...

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-09-2005, 11:10 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131538199_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131538199_large.jpg)

Next test - this one works better I think

Gunilla
11-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Sabrina - Crossposting! :scream:
I must have read your mind... do you think this one works better?

I think this might be a solution for getting a more "surrounding" mood for the background ... comments appreciated since I'm not yet convinced :)

makaron
11-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I like the last one best... the darker sides "inramning" give more "cosy" effect on the birthsack... :)

Lemog
11-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Oh yes, the last one appear very better... your picture comes magical :thumbsup: maybe with more effects around the sack... more on the placenta, don't know... maybe to test... as if foetuses emit some rays or waves... :)

daWinky
11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Hehe, we are great cross posters:) ...but this is exactly what I thought of! It looks great now and of cause: stay :bounce: ! It works very good for your background:thumbsup: ...

-sabrina

melkao
11-09-2005, 12:52 PM
i get hipnotized with that image, is just beautiful, you got a great espectacular escene, the most spectacular one, like i said before, the miracle of life.....wow:eek:

Zapan
11-09-2005, 01:02 PM
STAY !! STAY !!:bounce: :bounce: :scream:

.... the blurred one of course , cause I think the neat part of the pic should be focused on babies...

Great update:applause: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Mona - thanks - me too, I think it will stay now :thumbsup:

Laurent - I'm so glad you like it ... and I will try to add some more magic, doing some tests for that now. The magicians white rabbits, right? Thanks for that push in this direction :)

Sabrina - See? I can read minds :scream: Thanks for always good advice!

Carlos - Your nice words really make my day - thank you very much :thumbsup:

Steph - If you say so - it definitely stays :thumbsup:

Thanks all for advice and liking this new, more glowy approach - hope it might become Spectacular in the end.

Oh - I love rainy days, nothing else to do than tweak today because of rain :thumbsup:

Jaba153
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
gugu here's a very nice one like a lot the mood and the smoothness of your image just maybe add more of those very small particles also on top/left of the image anyway this is great:thumbsup:

alexfalchi
11-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi gunilla:)
good job here...really nice updates dear:)
keep in love:)

Alex.

Agamemnwn
11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
The last test looks great gunilla. now the whole image has something to llean on and looks really good. :D

rattlesnake
11-09-2005, 10:42 PM
hey that last render looks beautiful , i think the new geometry and fx gives this scene a mix between realism and heavenly feeling, very nice work :bounce:

Lemog
11-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Oh - I love rainy days, nothing else to do than tweak today because of rain
that's a good reason Gunie... let's play magical stuffs :thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Mathieu - thank you for liking and for a good suggestion - more floating stuff will be added :thumbsup:

Alex - thank you, and I'll try :)

Jannis - yup, that's what I think too - thanks for supporting :thumbsup:

Jorge - that's the mix I'm going for, thanks for liking :)

Laurent - Good morning! Today we have the worst combination - sunny and office work :scream:

It's probably good to have it rest a while anyway :shrug:

So, next will be continued tweaking, adding more small stuff and try to blend the existing environment elements better. Update as soon as I got any visible results. A great day to you all :wavey:

(o)ne
11-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Yes, you're doing very sweet entry :thumbsup:

Atris
11-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi! I think your idea is very unusual! It's looking very great and unexpected! The good job! Good luck! :)

Nakary
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, this one is looling better and better, post effects are really helping aren;t they :) GREAT.

Man I envy you, I am still in the scketching modeling part of the challenge.. :( Good job! I think you are really close...

Richard.

Gunilla
11-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Stepan - thank you - and so are you :thumbsup:

Sergey - thanks a lot - I'm glad to hear the concept is sticking out :)

Richard - Ah yes - thanks heaven for Photoshop! It's so much easier to try things out once you get it in there... and I'm almost envying you - finishing is really the less exiting part of a project. But I will :thumbsup:

No updates yet - sorry for the delay, I haven't really figured out any new things worth showing ... hope to get some done by the weekend. Yay - Friday! :bounce:

jddog
11-11-2005, 08:57 AM
I think darker sides (with round shapes) with a gradient briging to attention the main figures can increase the efx of the stomach... :thumbsup:
jdd

daWinky
11-11-2005, 10:15 AM
:sad: A kind of black Friday...no updates from Gunilla, no updates from Lemog...and my scene is still crashing! But I'm looking forward to the weekend:D . Have a nice Friday, Gunilla!:wavey:

-sabrina

eddieellis
11-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey Mate, sorry ive not been around for awhile, bit i just haven't had time for anything...

i will wait for more updates and help if i can

Take it easy dude

scootermaya
11-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Aaaaaahhhh ! I'm glad to see your pigmees are still here ! (I got scared on another tread!)
See that they are kicking to get out? Is this your final ? I super perfect from my point. Can't see what more you can do in it.
Congrat ETT ! You've done a nice , sorry, very nice work here.
For now, Skål !

Zapan
11-11-2005, 02:53 PM
... hope to get some done by the weekend. Yay - Friday!

... and I hope so too .:D

Come on sweety , go go go :wip: ( well I know that you're almost done ,and plenty of time left but just want see more updates :scream: haha )

Gunilla
11-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Julien - yes, I lost that somewhere on the way, thanks for reminding me. Will hopefully be in tomorrows tweak session :thumbsup:

Sabrina - Yes indeed ... a long day. Haven't you fixed your crashes? You must get it in shape - for Flossies sake, and for all of us eager spectators :banghead:
Have a great weekend!

Eddie - oh yes - I am taking it sooo easy now :) Good to see you around, and that disgusting little kid of yours :twisted:

Scooter - They're still here! I'm not the one changing concept in the last minute ... much to lazy for that. And this is not the final - I'm going to start tweaking the big image tomorrow - think all rendering is done now.
Skål! ... So, are you learning swedish too? You French guys are so impressive :D :love:

Steph - Thanks for the push! I was almost (but only almost) planning a weekend off :rolleyes:
But now I really have to step on it I see :D

Have a great weekend all, will be following your progress with pleasure as usual :wip:

SuperXCM
11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Beautiful! Very beautiful, good work Gunilla! The second one look better and really Beautiful! :bounce:

scootermaya
11-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Skål :beer: ! Naaaa, my mom use to say that when we celebrate with aquavit (I always have a fresh bottle at home). I'm half danish, remeber (even if I don't speak any)!

soapy
11-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Nice work Gunilla, it has come together so well I don't have anything to add. Except maybe they need an iPod. :-)

shakes
11-11-2005, 08:50 PM
just looking at all those closeups again gunilla, such a fantastic job you have done! quite a difficult image to master in 3d, I think, and you've done so well! the babies look very authentic, and the womb/ sac does too. honestly can't pick which render I like best-they're all spectacular!

JurajMolcak
11-11-2005, 09:22 PM
I would like to tell you, that I really LOVE your entry. One of my personal winners. That's all I want to tell.

madshooter
11-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Your every update is awesome gunilla:thumbsup: I like the way you have almost compeleted the image and also have plenty of time for final tweaks, keep going you are doing really a great job:bounce:

Gunilla
11-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Lombardo - thanks for cheering, it's always a great boost :thumbsup:

Scooter - Ah, yes the danish blood! And is your akvavit "Gammel Dansk" (Old Dane translated)? Bitter and only for the brave :scream: Goes very well with Smörrebröd.

Soapy- haha, Ipod! In Soapy-land they'd definitely have one :D Thanks Jim, it makes me happy to hear you like it.

shakes - Ah man, that's so nicely put... I'm touched by the nice words - really :love:
So, when will we se the big guy up again?

Oweron - Juraj, thats very kind of you - it makes me really glad to hear since you're making such a magic work yourself :thumbsup:

Roshan - thanks mate, and I begin to think I have too much time to tweak - each test now comes out different, but it's still fun so I continue :thumbsup:

So, todays tweaking have led to two different versions, one with bubbles and one with purple haze - let me know what you think!

Gunilla
11-13-2005, 08:41 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131874876_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131874876_large.jpg)

First test:
Added some bubbles for the foreground and darkened the edges

Gunilla
11-13-2005, 08:43 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131874997_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131874997_large.jpg)

This one has some foreground fog. To busy?
I think it might be... on the other hans some additional color might lift the thing more, I don't know.

JamesMK
11-13-2005, 08:57 AM
This one has some foreground fog. To busy?
I think it might be... on the other hans some additional color might lift the thing more, I don't know.
Nah, me thinks it's not too busy, and some additional colour is welcome as it's still a bit monochromatic (goes with the territory of course, but some complementary colour doesn't hurt at all). Looking alive.

Small thing: the vein on the temple of the left twin stands out a tad bit too much at present, IMHO, maybe soften that a little.

Zapan
11-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Yay !! I just love the bubbles on the first version, they add some contrast on the pic , that's great !!! :bounce:

The purple foreground fog is also great , as James said , some extra colors could be something cool...

well I know, not very helpfull to pick one but I think both are great and have both really good ideas to improve your scene....

Agamemnwn
11-13-2005, 10:20 AM
hej Gunilla, i like the purple haze u put on .it spreads the light more evenly in the scen as i see it fro the precious update as it fell off really fast after the birthsack and it adds another level of depth

makaron
11-13-2005, 02:40 PM
I like the darker one, as usal.. :blush: the left half of that is just perfect in depth... the purple haze, naaa... could be just that fact that I don´t like the color purple...

the black: we got bubbels now... :bounce:
the white: yup, I found the can of soapbubbels this morning... nice result is itn´t?
the black: yeah... me like bubbels, I´m gonna tell our creator that...

Gunilla
11-13-2005, 05:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131904812_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1131904812_large.jpg)

Last test for today - bubbles, fog and lightened birthsack.

Gunilla
11-13-2005, 05:08 PM
James - thanks and good catch :thumbsup: Have toned down that vein now and I think it looks better.

Steph - So, what do you say about this one with both bubbles and fog? Thanks for your splendid pushing :)

Jannis - Thanks - so, one more vote for Purple Haze :thumbsup:

Mona - Glad you like the bubbles ... but haze really should be Purple to be rocking, right? :D

OK - I think I need to digest this for a while - I don't think I ever cranked in as much effects in one pic as this ... so, probably some things have to go... bubbles or haze...or both go? ...both stay? ... more colors? ... less?

With hope that time will tell, thanks all for support and opinions :wavey:

daWinky
11-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi Gunilla,
I've already waited for the next tests...rain in Sweden again:) ? Ok, I love the purple haze, this is looking great and is very convincing in my opinion:thumbsup: ...so a clear vote for purple haze!! But what are these bubbles for:curious: ? The thing that disturbs me most is the sharp specular highlight on the bubbles, don't fit in this warm diffuse ambient I think...So if you really want bubbles, take away this highlight...:)
Just my 2 cents, hope it helps, cy

-sabrina

Zapan
11-13-2005, 05:19 PM
So, what do you say about this one with both bubbles and fog?

and of course It rocks !!! :bounce: :bounce:

me love bubbles :D

ThierryS
11-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi Gunilla, I wish I could give you some usefull crit to make it better and give you the change of your usefull crits on mine, but sorry I can't, this is just great, the mood is so suttle and well done it can't get better IMHO. I just find on the top right corner that the mesh seems to miss some smoothing. :thumbsup: :bounce: :) :applause: :twisted:

glenn23
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
There's something about the bubbles I really like though. It's just when your eye picks up that they are actual bubbles that they get a little disconcerting. Maybe if you just break them up a bit and soften them they'll add that cool deep translucent effect without drawing attention to themselves.
Really a beautiful and well thought out piece!

Glenn
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=283437

DaddyMack
11-13-2005, 06:11 PM
:) Hi there O mighty disco queen... I looked at your last shot for quite some time and was gonna say that I can't find anything to critique... The broken background is stunning, all the little details are really complimentary of your main focus... My only crit atm would be to somehow break up the sack a little too with maybe some specular, transparency or bump mapping... Aside from that... everywhere else is pure :drool: atm...:buttrock:

shakes
11-13-2005, 07:04 PM
looove the bubbles..not totally sure about the tiny white speckle dots though-they look a bit photoshopped. beautiful work, Gunilla! I especially love the little closed eye on the right baby.

makaron
11-13-2005, 07:07 PM
the haze is fine, even tho it´s in purple... :p it rocks... :buttrock: the one thing that looks a bit sharp, "kantig" is the cord that attached to the sack... that´s the only crit I have

SoniaNotRed
11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Love what you've done with the background! :thumbsup:
Love the bubbles, too. I'm not so sure about the fog but the last rendering seems to work better than the previous one.

Lemog
11-14-2005, 05:46 AM
well... I'm not here... and you're working as a fool... :banghead: hahahaha...

I turn the pages here, discovering new updates, always better and with an interesting new way... of color...

The last one is particulary great... lot of credibility... but with an increasing magical way...

Very inspiring... very very... I PM you something soon... Nice day for you Gunie :lightbulb

Gunilla
11-14-2005, 05:48 AM
Sabrina - thanks for putting words to my own doubts about the bubbles - they're sort of out of place I know - but on the other hand I like them since thry're popping out a bit. I think I need something for the foreground. Arrgh! This is getting difficult ... I will continue testing, thanks for good feedback :thumbsup:

thierry - thanks a lot! It makes me happy to hear. I see what you mean about the hardness of the cord there - will be checked, thanks!

Steph - Glad to hear! ... this is getting complicated now, thanks a lot for your vote M. Not-so-snaily-anymore! :D

Glenn - Very good suggestion, I'll try it for the next update - and thanks for the nice words :)

Mr Cool - Your words are pure music to my ears :) And the sack will be looked into - ahahah and I thought I was almost finished! Thanks for pointing it out :thumbsup:

John - thanks a lot! Hmm, I see what you mean - the particles are to even now. Will be tweaked :thumbsup:

Mona - thanks for rocking with the purple :) and checking the big cord will be done!

Sonia - thank you! And it's great to hear your opinion!

Thanks all for letting me know your opinions on this - it doesn't seem like a totally clear one, so I suppose I have to continue testing it. The list of things to look into continues to grow... perhaps I will be busy right to the end after all. Have a great day/week and glad you came by!

Gunilla
11-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Laurent - Hi! Haha, yes working crazy like a fool :D
Thank you so much for liking the current direction - now I can continue... always trust your opinion a lot :)

Have a great day you too :wavey: