PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Gunilla Elam

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

coCoKNIght
09-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Now that's looking awesome! I see my help is not required here :)

DaddyMack
09-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi Gunilla, I had a really nice spiel all typed up about how truly divine this is all looking and then I went off and searched for this (please read the rest of the msg before clicking) http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/massive_attack/audvid.jhtml
for you, if I remember correctly it's a video clip of a babe singing in utero and I found it most haunting when it was released... I thought it might make for a good ref... It crashed my browser tho so proceed with caution...

Your latest tests are looking really close to the way I saw this in my head when you posted the first concepts:wise::bowdown: Congrats on an awesom approach!

shakes
09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Gunilla, what a beautiful concept! looks great so far, and the twins are a great idea. I've always loved thise close up embyro images...you'll have fun with all those veins!

mmoir
09-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Hey Gunilla ,

The texturing looks like its starting out on the right foot, oops left foot. :thumbsup: The texture is looking very good , this is going to be a very impressive image I think.

arLutiK
09-27-2005, 04:45 AM
Mate you are really enjoying yourself mate!

Like the blur effect but I would put a bit less

Gunilla
09-27-2005, 06:17 AM
eddie - thanks buddy :)

Mona - thanks and yes - lots of veins ...:)

And you do this.... ooooh coincidende? (cue: twilight zone music)

sergio - not really a coincidence ... I just happen to be a spectacular mindreader :scream:
just kidding - thanks mate :thumbsup:

Ludvig - tackar!

Ahmed - thanks :thumbsup:

Fabian - haha, don't be to sure - it's a long way still... thanks :thumbsup:

DaddyMack: ... It crashed my browser tho so proceed with caution...

It so crashed my browser too - not only that, but during the night my entire connection got lost :eek:
Don't think it was your link though... I'll check it later from my work machine :twisted:
thanks for your warming words - you're doing splendidly yourself.

Gunilla
09-27-2005, 06:18 AM
Shakes - thanks! Yes, much veins I think - The current ones where very fast made with KPT lightning... it seems like a possible way, I like shortcuts when they work :)

Mike - Yes , I hope I'm on the left foot for this :scream:, thank you!

Gerard - yup, all sorts of playing finally ... will probably go muh less on effects but it's always fun to explore- thanks for the nice words :thumbsup:

So, next ... stuck with daytime job, which means checking out on all your threads but not working on my own - see you :wavey:

ihamid
09-27-2005, 06:26 AM
cool texturing test Gunilla ... like where this is going no crits till i see the whole baby :)!
cheers and :thumbsup: to the progress!

Lemog
09-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Very interesting tests Gunilla... I think a blend of these different tests will be very good...

Translucent is for sure very interesting way to keep... Glow is good too, but very disturbing at the edges of skin... and maybe lowest.
It's a good idea to test some blur... we must think we're watching inside all these body parts...

...then, maybe just need to add some flesh/blood aspect... I've just do a little compositing, with these 4 things... this is the result, I hope you like :

http://lemog.club.fr/wip/babyfoot.jpg

(sorry for the flesh choice... you can choose something less hard... but use with care, that can give someting good)

JamesMK
09-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Latest Update: Texturing: texturing

Sweet!

The glow looks like it might be over the top (unless you attenuate it somehow with some clever trick based on incidence angle perhaps). The scattering and blur variations look very promising though, and I guess a combination of the two might be what you're looking for.

Gunilla
09-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Hamid - thanks! I think it will be some time before I've made the whole...no, two babies! UNwrapping!:scream:

Laurent - Very nice mix you made - thank you! :) The felsh texture could really be adding something. I've also been thinking about the furry stage, which comes later at 4-6 months... maybe some golden fur with flesh under could be just it ... this is the funniest part for sure.

James - thanks, yes it's way to much now - but I still want to keep myself open for a lot of solutions here. This is probably the most "realistic" look I've ever gone for in an image so I'm a bit afraid to become cornered with how things really look. Right now I still have room for a more stylish, graphical look if that's what works best ( or should I say - if that's what my skills can manage) :)

Thanks all - I will no retire to my chambers for some deep focused hours of Unwrapping :thumbsup:

hhssuu
09-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Nice SSS and glow effect going on, looking cool~

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
09-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Hi. nice work.and cool sss

comment: i am sure that you will add some float particle. right?

good luck. :thumbsup:

Lemog
09-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Good Morning, I'm currently typing on the door of a small cottage to see if there's some news or updates here ? :wavey:

mr_carl
09-29-2005, 06:56 AM
Great work Gunilla.

I really like youre image and hope to see more soon.

Carl.

MacAndre
09-29-2005, 07:05 AM
i think, now it is like your own shader challange here. imo it is hard to find the right lighting and shader set here. hope you will win this personal challenge. by the way, good progress... :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Chi-han - thank you, cool to see you getting started well at your own :)

Ali - thanks! Yes, small floating particles will definitely be added, I'm looking forward to that, it's fun. You're off with a stunning start :thumbsup:

Lolo - giggles, welcome to the cottage :). No updates yet, good news is that I'm almost finished Unwrapping! :beer: Less good news is that I'm stuck with work... animating a colon today :D

Carl - Hi, good to see you around! Yes, I proceed slowly, but I hope steadily with this - thanks :thumbsup:

mac_andre - Yes, it will all come down to shaders and lights here, it will be a fun learning experience and indeed a personal challenge, thanks :)

Thanks all for your support and patience! As I said, I'm working snailspeed now- many new things for me to learn and try on the way, that's good :thumbsup:

makaron
09-29-2005, 07:25 AM
take your time Gunilla... and when we least expecting it... dazzle us :bounce:

Lemog
09-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Less good news is that I'm stuck with work... animating a colon today
...it's the life... anyway, don't forget to take good flashlights and tight boots :scream:

:blush:

Gunilla
09-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Mona - thanks, and cool to see you're in too :thumbsup:

...it's the life... anyway, don't forget to take good flashlights and tight boots :scream:

Boahahaha - and now you made me totally spill my coffee, might need a whole rubber suit today :scream:

...oh :blush:

Lemog
09-29-2005, 07:37 AM
... might need a whole rubber suit today :scream:

...oh :blush:
don't forget to take a photo... plizzzzzzzz

...I think you're so pretty with that kind of clothes :scream:

makaron
09-29-2005, 07:41 AM

agree Lemog :) pretty please, show us that, Gunilla... please :thumbsup: snälla ... *S*

alexfalchi
09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Gunilla dear, good work here!!keep nice!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alex.

Gunilla
09-29-2005, 04:02 PM

Hmmm ... are you sure? :eek: :banghead: Oh, which reminds me - weren't you going to PM me some photos? Something... don't remember exactly... you - swimsuit? :D

makaron - you too, eh? :curious: ( this is such a weird place ) :D

alex - thank you sweet boy :love:

JamesMK
09-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Rubber suits?

Why have I not been informed about these rubber suits?

Gunilla
09-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Rubber suits?

Why have I not been informed about these rubber suits?

They're handed out for free for everyone diving into colon animation. Go figure :shrug:

http://leatheroaks.org/Files/OrangeRubber/HipbootSurvival2.jpg

So, now's the question - should I send it to you, mak or Laurent...? Maybe it could be an extra award? :D

JamesMK
09-29-2005, 04:19 PM
They're handed out for free for everyone diving into colon animation. Go figure :shrug:
Eww... makes sense though.

It would be a fine award - the official Seal Of The Rubber Suit [SOTRS]

Gunilla
09-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Eww... makes sense though.

It would be a fine award - the official Seal Of The Rubber Suit [SOTRS]

Not a bad idea ... not bad at all :twisted:

JamesMK
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Congratulations!

http://web.telia.com/~u48040664/rubbersuitaward.jpg

Gunilla
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Hahaha! Why do you always have to be so fast - you beat me to it with 4 min... lovely, thanks :thumbsup::love:

Zapan
09-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Ahaha , if you girl, look like that , I quit this challenge :scream: :arteest:

makaron
09-29-2005, 06:02 PM
nice award you got there Gunilla... :applause: *LOL*

Gunilla
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Stephane - Don't worry, this was just the best model for the suit :scream:
... you don't really expect me to post an image of myself in this?

Mona - hey, the award was meant for you! ... and the rest of the rubber gang :D
hmm... that didn't sound quite good, did it? :blush:

Sorry ... all this Unwrapping mess must have affected my sense of humour... so silly :D

Next - Unwrapping mess continues, then I will be away for some days. Updates ...maybe sunday if the meshgods are with me. :wavey:

Zapan
09-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Don't worry, this was just the best model for the suit :scream:
... you don't really expect me to post an image of myself in this?

Ouf , I can breathe again. Pouahahaha :scream: ...
(Lot of spam here , must be something contagious :banghead: )

oh Btw update here :wip: , we have to wait Sunday ?
Oh ok have a good weekend then... and I don't know about meshgods but I will be with you :blush: :love: :wavey:

makaron
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks Gunilla for the award :bounce: take some time for a blonde like me to get things.. *L* and for the rubbergang.. haha.. nice name .. *LOL*
and Have a good wekend ...:wavey:

Lemog
09-30-2005, 06:04 AM
Hejsan Gunilla... thanks to you and James... I can't stop laughing... I imagine you with this very sexy rubbersuit... certainly the dream of all men :scream:

Tack for this funny moment :thumbsup:

daWinky
09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm afraid I don't want to say anything about rubbersuits...:eek: ! Just about so boring things like unwrapping. I hate this part too, but it seems that you've mastered it now very well:thumbsup: . I will take a look at the mentioned tutorials too and curious watch your great progress!

-sabrina

JayCally
09-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Its coming out great. For your skin texture you should paint a translucency map with the thicker parts less translucent than the thinner ones lick fingers and toes. The image right now looks like everything has the same translucency. Also take a look at some fetus pics to get that vieny texture right. Your model looks like it has some but very few and not flowing naturally. With that said, your model is awesome and your idea is great.

Keep it up

scootermaya
10-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Congratulations!

http://web.telia.com/~u48040664/rubbersuitaward.jpg

I can't help it ! Now this is very very very sexy !

eddieellis
10-01-2005, 03:25 PM
lol...............

Gunilla
10-02-2005, 07:56 AM
oh Btw update here :wip: , we have to wait Sunday ?
Oh ok have a good weekend then... and I don't know about meshgods but I will be with you :blush: :love: :wavey:

Ahh, thats sweet :love:... thanks, I'll do my best to have something up later today. And yes, spamming is indeed contageous - just look at me :scream:

Makaron - thank you, and you're welcome, good weekend to you too :thumbsup:

Lemog - So... you're laughing so much you might need a suit for protection? :twisted:
I'm glad you like it - it was especially chosen to appeal to the french taste for sexiness ... mostly for you my dear ;) :D

Gunilla
10-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Sabrina - finally a post without rubber! :D Well, Unwrapping... as soon as I realized just how long this would take it left the stage of boring and become more meditative- I recommend late nights when little brain acivity is left - still have some hours left, thanks!

JayCally - thanks, these are all great suggestions, I've already sicovered I will need to make the transluceny map according to the viewing angle to be able to catch some of the translucen edges look from the photos - and yes, it will be a lot of dealing with placeing the veins. :thumbsup:

Scooty - haha, yes I was pretty sure you where going to like it, the sexiest I could find :scream:

Eddie - me too :D

So, I'm back om this today and might do some more testing and hopefully finish the Unwrapping - I'm so looking forward to some particle play but that might have to wait a while.
thanks all for your interest and for making this a daily giggle :)

keetmun
10-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh my i think I missed something really funny! Good progress you're making, looks like you're getting better with every test you do. I think mentalray SSS(for max or maya) is the way to go, I find it really usefull, I'm also playing with that!

Cheers
:buttrock:

Gunilla
10-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh my i think I missed something really funny! Good progress you're making, looks like you're getting better with every test you do. I think mentalray SSS(for max or maya) is the way to go, I find it really usefull, I'm also playing with that!

Cheers

Thanks - and next test will be SSS, but I have a feeling the "fake" version with translucency might work even better. I'll check on you to see how your tests goes :thumbsup:

News: tara! I think I actually finished with the Unwrapping - took me most of the week.
Now it's time for more creative stuff :)

scootermaya
10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Hejsan Gunilla... thanks to you and James... I can't stop laughing... I imagine you with this very sexy rubbersuit... certainly the dream of all men :scream:

Tack for this funny moment :thumbsup:

Cool. Lemog is learning well Swedish as I can see ! Doing good my man!

Lemog
10-03-2005, 05:20 AM
Lemog - So... you're laughing so much you might need a suit for protection?
I'm glad you like it - it was especially chosen to appeal to the french taste for sexiness ... mostly for you my dear
I really appreciate this delicate care :D

Lemog
10-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Sorry to Spam another time your thread girl... but I can't resist to this pleasure...
...to display that here after these great moments of laughing...

http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/albums/lemog/wallpapers/spectacular_walls/spec_wall_rubbersuit_800.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/albums/lemog/wallpapers/spectacular_walls/spec_wall_rubbersuit_1600.jpg)

scootermaya
10-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Hahahahahaha ! Blub !

Gunilla
10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
haha - Laurent! I've just spammed yours too :thumbsup:

It's really a great one... and I think you should post it in James too :twisted:

Scooty - Indeed, not only are Lemog learning swedish - he's also picking upp our style for sexy outfits ... haha, great :scream:

And as for learning Swedish, Lolo - your doing great, just let me know when you want something translated, for instance French Nut is Fransk Nöt ... might come in handy :)

gpepper
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Sorry to Spam another time your thread girl... but I can't resist to this pleasure...
...to display that here after these great moments of laughing...

http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/albums/lemog/wallpapers/spectacular_walls/spec_wall_rubbersuit_800.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/albums/lemog/wallpapers/spectacular_walls/spec_wall_rubbersuit_1600.jpg)

uhuh ! Lemogish jokes...

Lemog
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
It's really a great one... and I think you should post it in James too :twisted:
Thanks for the council Gunilla... I do it :scream:

And as for learning Swedish, Lolo - your doing great, just let me know when you want something translated, for instance French Nut is Fransk Nöt ... might come in handy :)
Thanks for the Fransk Nöt... I certainly need translation, for a next joke... and maybe a more swedish one :D ...

Zapan
10-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey where's updates sweety ? We are monday right ? Nah just kidding , take all the time you need to make the good work.

Congrate for having unwrapped done, expecting now some really nice textures because with all these rubber suits I guess you're aware for any critical things comes out :scream:

Gunilla
10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128358040_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128358040_large.jpg)

Finally some more texture tests. Time to get serious :)

I've two different ways to take this - one is by using a translucency shader, the other is by SSS shader. I haven't done much with SSS before so this is an initial test to see how it works.
I'm currently leaning towards goiong with the Translucency option since I think I can make it more spectacular... opinions and tips are most welcome.

Both tests uses the same set of maps, still only the foot... will continue with full fetus mapping.

ihamid
10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
hi Gunilla ..
yess the previouse test is better! good to see that u have been experimenting a lot :thumbsup:! hmm how about modeling a little bit of veins and place inside the model so that it show through as blood red and also ribs and bones ...know what i mean?

cheers!

Gunilla
10-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Gilles - haha, don't we just love them? :)

Thanks for the Fransk Nöt... I certainly need translation, for a next joke... and maybe a more swedish one :D ...

Hejsan Laurent! - Ahh, yes more jokes :bounce: Send me a PM on what you need translated - I'm always prepared for a good laugh :scream:

Hey where's updates sweety ? We are monday right ? Nah just kidding , take all the time you need to make the good work.

Congrate for having unwrapped done, expecting now some really nice textures because with all these rubber suits I guess you're aware for any critical things comes out :scream:

Zapan - here is a small update :twisted:
Oh, so you really expect something more spectacular than those rubbersuits to come out oif this thread, do you? :D

Hamid - Yes, that might be a good way - I've still not find a good way to make it look more "inside" - at that age there is no bones yet, but there are cartilage showing as darker shapes. I've tried to make it visible in the foot but perhaps not enough. Tweaking and playing will follow, thanks :thumbsup:

So, as you can see I will now try to fill this thread with more flesh and less rubber :scream:
Full textured baby later this week.

gpepper
10-03-2005, 06:45 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128358040_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128358040_large.jpg)

This looks really cool ! Great progress here ! I see that you've done your unwrapping pretty well...
Continue ! :applause:

Zapan
10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Ahhhh nice update, your previous test appears to fit better to me because more highlighted. But your sss test is a little weird , a little too dark and also I cannot really see the transluscence in it. Perhaps you should raise the power of your lights and also raise (or put down) the scale conversion of the sss (don't know if this actually exists in max) But I'm sure you'll find the right tweak to do. :bounce: Go go go :)

Oh, so you really expect something more spectacular than those rubbersuits to come out oif this thread, do you? :D

Haha , oohh yeeaahh ... :scream: lot of things... one of those is obviously a spectacular picture full of awesome stylish stuff :) and also lot of silly spam comments which always crack me up :scream:
I 'll try to help you in both of them :twisted:

Lemog
10-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Hejsan Laurent! - Ahh, yes more jokes :bounce: Send me a PM on what you need translated - I'm always prepared for a good laugh
Hejsan Gunilla...hur mar du idag ? ha du en bra natt ?

well... I stop here... if not... you will have to laugh for all the day :scream: hahahaha and me too :D

Nice work on the textures... very interesting step with a great progress... now... you must certainly add it the inner material aspect... the genuine matter... :thumbsup:

soapy
10-04-2005, 05:51 AM
Nice work on the textures Gunilla. I have to admit though that I am not that fond of the shape of the toes.

I happened to find a nice picture for your reference: baby toes (http://www.ashcofriendsforlife.com/FIG6.TIF)

makaron
10-04-2005, 06:46 AM
seems like you getting there Gunilla... :bounce: looking forward to see more of this babies.
and you little french student is getting better and better in swedish... ;)

Lemog
10-04-2005, 06:51 AM
and you little french student is getting better and better in swedish... ;)
little ? little ? hahahahaha... Lemog Little :scream: :banghead:

Gunilla
10-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Gilles - thank you! And I will continue as soon as possible - it's only fun parts left now.

Zapan - good tip on the scale conversion, I'll look into that. thanks!
And thanks for your promise to help with both the pic and with maintaining the level of sillyness in this thread. Good to know :scream:

Hejsan Lolo - har haft en mycket bra natt, tack!Många spännande drömmar ...:D
hahaha, I never even suspect the joke was for me - thanks for the morning giggle :love:

Soapy - thanks for reminding me of the toe problem... my reference for age 12 weeks has toes that looks like a bunch of macaronis (sorry Mona!) so I've tried to make them look a bit older since it's just to weird... I will definitely twek the once all is in place. :thumbsup:

Mona - thanks and more will follow. Hmmm, yes... my little student is doing surprisingly well - almost make me think he's been cheating somehow - you don't happen to know anything about that would you? :curious: :D

Laurent - Don't worry, I think it's just the swedish ways of using "little" instead of "cute" :scream:

I love it how you all helps me keep my insanity :thumbsup:

makaron
10-04-2005, 07:27 AM
little ? little ? hahahahaha... Lemog Little :scream: :banghead:

little=cute :) I guess, how would I know, but Gunilla, arn´t nuts small? ;) men Lemog duktig elev fast han fuskar med translator oxå :p
is this spam? :rolleyes:

Lemog
10-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Hejsan Lolo - har haft en mycket bra natt, tack!Många spännande drömmar ...
Hahahahah... Hoppas forsta en dag vem sort att drommar ? (I don't know if you understand me... and I don't have all good keys on my keaboard :D

little=cute :) I guess, how would I know, but Gunilla, arn´t nuts small? ;) men Lemog duktig elev :P
is this spam? duktig elev...? me ? tack ! it's really the first time for me :D hahaha... I must work now... seriously... :rolleyes:

scootermaya
10-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Hahahahaha ! You guys made my day of laugh ! Lemog in swedish ! Hahahaha (I am not sure he even understand what he's writting in english)
Keep going Lemog ! You will be soon a first class cosmopolite translator for all of us ! :thumbsup:

JamesMK
10-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Some top-notch swedish entertainment here :D

That aside, the shader is getting closer. I'd say you should perhaps try to start adding details to the texture now, like wrinkles and foetal toe-nails and so on, to get a feel for the whole thing... because I have a feeling that the shader might be better than one thinks already, but the missing details sort of detract from the overall look.

Gunilla
10-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Makaron- Aha, translator! thanks for revealing the secret :thumbsup:
And yes, this would probably classify as spam :D

Hahahahah... Hoppas forsta en dag vem sort att drommar ? (I don't know if you understand me... and I don't have all good keys on my keaboard :D

Understand you perfectly! Wow, your swedish is almost as good as your english - when did you learn that? Or is Mona telling the truth about your secret... haha, yes let's get to work now.

Scooty - I think Lemog could do almost anything he set out to do ... but perhaps learning swedish isn't the top priority. We're still awaiting his main character, right? :wip:

James - top-notch ... this means we can no longer exchange secret messages in swedish - soon everyone knows it :banghead: :D

Thanks for the comments on my work. :thumbsup: I think you're right - I need to get back to the whole scene to see how to make this work. Another round with the cords and placenta for sure plus the particles and stuff... suddenly it feels like very little time left :eek:

Next update will be with some tests for the whole scene then, stay tuned later this week.
thanks all!

makaron
10-04-2005, 02:16 PM
the navelsträng, (cord) is gonna be nice to see, in color.. :) I´m wondering is the lightning the kind of light you gonna have to the end?

Gunilla
10-05-2005, 04:02 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128528137_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128528137_large.jpg)

So - started to try the shaders for the full scene... which turned out much more difficult than expected.
This is some SSS shaders, only right fetus have maps so far.

Gunilla
10-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Makaron - here are some cords, I've no doubt that both cords and lighting will be changed a lot before I reach the end of this... thanks!

Info: I have thrown away the translucency shader for the moment - just couldn't make it work well for the whole fetus. So this is the first steps for finding a good solution with SSS. For some reason Max lens glow doesn't seem to work with SSS shader - anyone knows if this is the case?
Next will be making a better shape for the "bubble" and make it connect with the placenta cloud in the back somehow... not sure how to do that yet. Comments and ideas are welcome ( spam too) :D :wavey:

Zapan
10-05-2005, 04:31 PM
ahhh this one is great , it definitely goes in the right way.
Here's some toughts : the way they are, it seems that they have a solid surface, so my idea would be trying to put some transparency (just a little bit) and add the very imprtant organes (not sure if that is the right word in english) like the brain , heart etc...no need to be realistic shape but just to see them in a very blurred style like in your ref pics. Well it's just an idea...

For the bubble thing, what about a deformed one by a feet or a hand, it could add a relationship between it and the babies...

Comments and ideas are welcome ( spam too)

Haha , but be carefull with spams because babies can hear everything , but maybe mommy will get them some ear plugs or headsets

scootermaya
10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
One word : WOAOW ! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-05-2005, 04:51 PM
ahhh this one is great , it definitely goes in the right way.
Here's some toughts : the way they are, it seems that they have a solid surface, so my idea would be trying to put some transparency (just a little bit) and add the very imprtant organes (not sure if that is the right word in english) like the brain , heart etc...no need to be realistic shape but just to see them in a very blurred style like in your ref pics. Well it's just an idea...

Yes! That's exactly what I want to do... hmm, perhaps I could try making a mix material - can't seem to be able to make the SSS shader transparent. Tweaking will continue. Thanks for the push in right direction :):love:

haha! Mommy might just think its a good idea to have the babies used to silly jokes in good time before birth? :D

Scooty - wow, that's really a compliment, thank you monsieur :)

scootermaya
10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Huhu, mais de rien !

About the environment, are you doing the amiotic liquid or you will live it like this for the final ?

(it looks pretty good like this to me). actually I saw somathing done by this english studio and it was very interresting (maybe someone allready said something about it). If I find the link, I pm it to you.

Gunilla
10-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Scooty - I will try and test as much as possible for this one- it's a great way to learn new stuff. The liquid with some subtle particles are on the list.
Don't know how much I will use in the end - it all depends on how it looks when I start to work in a bigger size... the rendertimes are already long at 800x600 :cry:

Thanks for the Mill reference - it's really georgeous ... and thanks so much for your support :love:

EDIT: and it seems like a good way to go with a blend material - now I can make the glowing brains just as I wished :bounce:

scootermaya
10-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Scooty - I will try and test as much as possible for this one- it's a great way to learn new stuff. The liquid with some subtle particles are on the list.
Don't know how much I will use in the end - it all depends on how it looks when I start to work in a bigger size... the rendertimes are already long at 800x600 :cry:

Thanks for the Mill reference - it's really georgeous ... and thanks so much for your support :love:

EDIT: and it seems like a good way to go with a blend material - now I can make the glowing brains just as I wished :bounce:
Your brain glows ??? :eek: Wow ! I'd like to see this one ! :scream:
For the liquid, I thought more of a Photoshop filter on the final or event a simple semi-transarent and textured shield ... perhaps better for the CP as well

alancamara
10-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Wow, i loved this scene. The wonderful concept and the scene is great, i impatient:bounce: to see more. Congrats :thumbsup:

makaron
10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
hmmm... I´m thinking what mommy been up to, one baby brown and the other white :curious:

but looking forward to see the glowing brains. "strålande ide".. and rest of stuff inside... if you pull that off, it´s gonna make the image just spectacular...

shakes
10-05-2005, 07:27 PM
this is looking sweet Gunilla! beautiful image, and you've modelled the babies really well.
the womb lining texture looks really good.

Gunilla
10-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Your brain glows ??? :eek: Wow ! I'd like to see this one ! :scream:

Only on rare occasions, my friend :D

And yes - there will probably be a lot postfix in PS, but I plan to try as much I can in 3d just for practise - thanks!

denverbz - thanks! Like your scene a lot too :thumbsup:

makaron - I'll start adding things later this week - sort of tied up with day job today... thank you!

shakes - thank you much! the texture is really a particle cloud - I'm going to adjust the colors for the particles by age to make the innerones lighter - I think that might help in creat ing the connection.

So - lots of stuff on the to do list here - updates will follow as soon as I made some significant progress. Thanks all for being such a great company :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Effectively, your shader works very good in the scene... now... as everyboy, I'm waiting all these inner parts which enriching and give some consistence to the matter... just continue like that girl :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-06-2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks honey - glad you like it :)
It's been a lot of tweaking but I think I might get it where I want... have a good day :wavey:

gpepper
10-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Nice nice nice...
Maybe some cool Glow should give a special effect and few lights above and a back light...

ThierryS
10-06-2005, 07:23 AM
:) That is indeed a spectacular representation of the theme, nice render sofar. I suppose you will imerge it in an environment to give it a little mistery. Good work on the shaders.
:thumbsup:

ihamid
10-06-2005, 09:26 AM
hei Gunilla! nice render and the scene is coming out cool! leaping the SSS hurdle i see ;)!
all in all it look's great!
cheers!

DaddyMack
10-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow Gunilla, I hope you have time to do some of the internal organs and the whole translucent effect you speak of.... It would really push this piece over the edge IMO

Looking stunning so far BTW:thumbsup:

Zapan
10-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Knock, knock :wavey:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: <--- still using my cadet's language :)

daWinky
10-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi Gunilla,
you are making a good progress with your sss shader, it's a great improvement in the rendering:thumbsup: . I'm curious now to see how you bring some transparency to it. Waiting for an update!:)

-sabrina

JamesMK
10-07-2005, 09:39 AM
The shader works really well already I think. Making and adding some of the inner structures and having them partially visible in a blurry manner... THAT would really rock. So I hope you're going for it! :wip:

Gunilla
10-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Gilles - yep, one of the pleasant surprises was that it seems like Glow will work find with a blend material. I'll probably play around with PS in the end but still it was a nice discovery. Thanks for your thoughts :thumbsup:

thierry - thanks! Yes I have to solve the environment so it all become like one place... lots of testing left. Glad you like it :)

Hamid - thanks and yes - SSS will be tested back and forth for this :scream:

DaddyMack - hope to have some interesting intestines up sometime soon :thumbsup: And thanks very much :love:

Gunilla
10-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Zapan - knock, knock, knock on wood - to hope that I'll be more frequent in posting updates :D
Seriously - I've been trapped by offline worklife .. don't even have an Internet connection at work for the moment. Awful, not being able to spam :eek:

Sabrina - thanks dudette :thumbsup: :) Hope to have an update sometime in the weekend - it begins to move even slower now...

James - Uhu, that's pretty much what I got in mind... wether I can pull it off is another story. If I make it I will probably present myself with the prestigeous "glowing intestines award" :wise: :D

So - I believe I'm heading the way I want and I have some ideas on how to get there - all that remains now is some time to make it, which shouldn't be a problem.

thanks all for support and stuff .. and have a nice friday evening :beer:

eddieellis
10-08-2005, 08:48 AM
hey my friend, sorry ive not been around for awhile, but ive finished my works site, so i can start to visit and contribute to others work as well as my own.

What software you using mate ?

JamesMK
10-08-2005, 01:08 PM
If I make it I will probably present myself with the prestigeous "glowing intestines award" :wise: :D
Here you go - in advance, to provide further pressure :D

http://biphome.spray.se/millfield/glowintestineaward.jpg

Oh, and a small thing I noticed when briefly scanning across the thumbnails - the left-side foetus almost disappears into the background.... not sufficiently readable... so once you get to the point of further refining lights and background effects, keep that in mind and provide some contrast separating the foetii from the BG :wise:

Gunilla
10-08-2005, 01:43 PM
eddie - good to see you around, mate! ... and I'm using MAX7.5 and mentalray.

James - :eek: What a beautiful award! thanks you sooo much... and now all pressure is totally gone :rolleyes:

thanks for the warning about Lefty - I will remeber it, very good point. Is it possible to see that he actually yawns now? ... no, didn't think so. I really have to do some major work on lighting and posing. :wip:

that award is really the best so far ... might even turn it into my avatar - nah, on a second thought - perhaps not! :scream:

Lemog
10-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Hahahaha... Thanks for our friend Gunilla, James... totally incredible Award so far... can't stop laughing :scream:

Gunilla
10-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Yes - it's funny ... but I think he might have to take it back - things are not going well here today :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Zapan
10-09-2005, 09:51 AM
but I think he might have to take it back - things are not going well here today

Oh my, what's going on ? (you don't have to answer that of course).
Mommy have some pragnancy morning sickness ?
What am I doing maybe that's not a joking time :banghead:

Anyway I hope it will be ok...:wavey:

JamesMK
10-09-2005, 10:49 AM
but I think he might have to take it back
Oh no no no, that just doesn't happen. You'll simply have to work on this until you have deserved the award - no other way around it, see?

Gunilla
10-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Mommy have some pragnancy morning sickness ?
What am I doing maybe that's not a joking time :banghead:

Haha, mommy's been on the edge to terminate the pregnancy today :twisted:

Not really ... it's just been a weekend full of failed tests for glowing organs, nothing worse
Thanks for your concearn - sorry for the frustrated yelling. :)

James - Noooo... O.K. Fine.
The tests with rough models of organ inside the bodies have so far turned out surprisingly crappy - Oh well, I suppose I have to get back to my original plan of making it with maps - perhaps that will work better :shrug:

JamesMK
10-09-2005, 02:09 PM
The tests with rough models of organ inside the bodies have so far turned out surprisingly crappy - Oh well, I suppose I have to get back to my original plan of making it with maps - perhaps that will work better :shrug:
Well, there's no doubt it's a very tricky challenge to get this right. Spontaneously I'd agree that maps are probably more likely to work with a minimum effort. One trick I can recommend is to map some icky stuff (very blurred) on a simple plane which you place behind the foetii, and then make them visible only to transparency rays, but not to the camera. Then add some (or a lot) of transparency to your foetus material - perhaps a bit of dispersion too would help.

Gunilla
10-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Tricky, yes - even more than expected from the start.
Your trick sounds interesting - but I'm not sure how I'd do the "visible only to transparency rays", any suggestions for how to do that with MAX?
The transparency for the fetus material is also not quite easy - I can only make some parts of in transparent or else it looks very wacky (other twin shining through - backside of limb etc.)
I have a feeling it wuld all work so much better in a bigger scale - full print resolution. Perhaps I should see how it looks on details before throwing the idea away completely.

thanks much - got me motivated to continue some more :thumbsup:

JamesMK
10-09-2005, 02:21 PM
any suggestions for how to do that with MAX?
I know absolutely zilch about Max I'm afraid, but I'm sure there's some way dealing with buffers or stuff that can at least make things invisible to the camera, but otherwise visible to rays.... Bet there's a 1000 maxers lurking around with an answer :D

Perhaps I should see how it looks on details before throwing the idea away completely.
If all else fails, it's at least rather fun stuff to play around with.

Gunilla
10-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Bet there's a 1000 maxers lurking around with an answer :D

If all else fails, it's at least rather fun stuff to play around with.

Hope so, and if all else fails I can also RTFM.:scream:

Fun it is - and equally frustrating... but I love trying out new stuff, thanks for helping :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
10-09-2005, 02:37 PM
maybe with a falloff in the material's opacity? :wavey:

Gunilla
10-09-2005, 04:48 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128876535_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1128876535_large.jpg)

So, this is where I stand after this weekend - I think that maybe, maybe this approach could work after all... let me know what you think!

suk-grigorij
10-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Loking good, Gunilla (I mean the last update). Just If I were on your place, I'd make the volume light a bit brighter and stronger. Try some HRDI as GI light sourse.

Gunilla
10-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Fabian - thanks! I think I need to fine tune the transparency a lot to make it the way I want, I'll probably have to go with a bitmap.

Comrade Sukhov - So - brighter and stronger you say? OK, I'll try that. thanks! :thumbsup:

So, this is where I am right now - the thingies that looks like doggy poop inside their heads are placeholders right now, just for testing. I think that it might work after all to do some things inside them shine through in a glowy sort of way... endless nights of tweaking I suppose :)
Also tried a volumetric backlight here - it's a bit to much, but kind of spectacular don't you think?

Still have to model and texture "the bubble" plus a zillion of other stuff - things are moving very slow now... thanks for your interest and support :thumbsup:

makaron
10-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I can see some brains... :bounce: and like the light... :bounce: and like the... mood... :bounce:
and jisses va jag smörar... :P haha... naaaa good work... you going in the right direction IMO...

coCoKNIght
10-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Stop worrying, I know this is gonna be a great image! You're good, you'll find a way, for everything :)

eddieellis
10-09-2005, 05:11 PM
wow dude, that update is cool, i love the volume light effect gives it a whole new dimension... keep um coming mate :thumbsup:

gpepper
10-09-2005, 06:55 PM
godd good good ! Continue Gun !

DaddyMack
10-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Whoah Gunilla! Looking good atm... I like seeing the beginnings of organs and the lighting will be fun... I had that sinking feeling with my dragon (where I just wanted to shoot him) a while ago... My advice is to (try) forget about it for a day or two... The answer came to me after three days and as you saw, I'm back on track again... Still plenty o time left;) Good luck my friend...

shakes
10-09-2005, 08:01 PM
i like the lighting on this new one- i think i prefer them in the bubble though. keep it up!!

ihamid
10-09-2005, 08:56 PM
...things are moving very slow now...

but u have come a long way and done great! and i think the last test look really good and promising! :thumbsup:way to go gunilla! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
cheers!

Gunilla
10-10-2005, 05:25 AM
Mona - haha, yes - almost brains at least... thanks:thumbsup:

Fabian - thanks for the cheer and vote for confidence, feels less frustrated after a night sleep :)

Eddie - some kind of volumetric will be in for sure... thanks buddy :)

Gilles - Oui Monsieur! :thumbsup:

Daddy - Very good suggestion I think ... sometimes you can get to close to a project, making it difficult to see what might work and what not. And if a break can give such good reult as yours did... thanks mate :)

shakes - bubble will definitely be there, just had to leave it out for the volumetric here. In the end I will probably have to render all in passes to layer things the way they should go. Thats' one of the fun parts, thanks!

Hamid - thanks! And as you can see I'm struggling with the blending of SSS/transclucency shader here ... Oahh :scream:

What a great way to start the workweek! Your comments really help keep me motivated :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-10-2005, 06:18 AM
I just see your latest update and read your prob about inner parts aspect... I don't think it's very necessary to model all inside... cause the multi-transparancies, that give you a very complicated setup... and long time rendering for nothing...
You can certainly play for the maximum with the textures, and especially all the channel of the shaders...
Remember my test with a simple flesh map... you can use that sort of map... adding other photoshoped maps, to have kind of vessels with glow, other ones with transparencies, play with the bumped parts, to hang the light, etc... that enriching a lot and simulate inner complex parts... and that keep diffuse and esthetic.

I don't know well max modeling, but you can also extrud all of a foetus clone towards inside... to obtain an other one, more little, inside the original one... like that, you will be able to use to sorts of texturing... for the exterior body, a procedural with eventually SSS, transparency, bump for the grany skin aspect... and for the interior body, something with some textures I as explain before...

What do you think of these possibilities ?

...and the ray which passes through the foetuses is an idea to be preserved, in more of the remainder.

Keep it up girl... and have a nice day... :wavey:

alex.h.
10-10-2005, 06:24 AM
blir bara bättre och bättre, looks great. lycka till med resten och :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Ouh that backlight gives a really cool surealistic touch in the scene , but maybe she's a little bit too focused, could be better if it lights all the babies area.

Concerning these inner parts ,why are they red ? I would have seen them more in a grey variation... isn't ? Laurent's idea sounds great about an entirely scale down baby like in a very blurred style.

Anyway It's getting better and better, I hope an update soon. :bounce:

pseudonympending
10-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Good work man! Have you considered adding a reflection map (an HDRI perhaps) ot really make them look slimey and wet?

I spend most of my time posting guys suggesting (nay begging) that they tone down the SSS on their models as just becasue you can use it doesn't mean you should. However in this case I reckon you could ramp it right up and really make those little fellas glow!

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

handlebar
10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Great progress Gunilla, i'm no textureing guru so i find it hard to comment on your progress other than the fact that i like to see your experiments. Keep the faith i know you'll get there and learn loads from the experience. Things look better with every post you make so you're definately headed in the right direction. http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

Lemog
10-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Good work man! Have you...
Whouwwww... take care David... you do a big mistake... Gunilla is a name of a swedish girl you know... I do the same mistake few challenges ago... now, I'm punished, I became her slave in rubber suit (swedish joke). :hmm:

:scream: HHHAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahaha

Gunilla
10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
I don't know well max modeling, but you can also extrud all of a foetus clone towards inside... to obtain an other one, more little, inside the original one... like that, you will be able to use to sorts of texturing...

These are all very good suggestions and the extruded one is really good! It's going to be very fun playing with that - thanks my dear :love::bounce:

alex - tack och tack det samma! :thumbsup:

Zapan - they will be other colors for the inner part, but I think they will be mostly reddish - there are no bones in the bodies at that age...only blood and other slimey stuff. And in backlight they appear mostly red I think. Will for sure try out different things here, thanks for the jumping :)

Swamps - thanks mate, well, I haven't tried that yet - also I'm not to sure about reflectiveness - they are in fluid so I think the surface would be rather soft... but I definitely look into that - great suggestions :thumbsup:

Lemog - :eek: How exiting! I now have my own little rubber dressed slave! http://lemog.club.fr/icogif/falling.gif

hahahaha, thanks all for making my day!

Tremoside
10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
oh..i missed from the rubber dress party, what a shame. Maybe next time :)

About Laurent's advice: YES. definitely you can play with textures instead of inner modeled organs. If you want some references you can PM to me for some..but that's not the right choice i think. You can paint underlying maps in SSS shader too. That's a memo eater, but results lookin fine. So with few gig of rams you can go on that way. If you don't want to burn your machine you should play with opacity and specularity. Also can be used painted specularity colors. You can paint many things into texture. Just like in game characters for example.

Keep rockin Gunni and thanks for you support!

Mark

Ps.: rubber..hm :scream:

Lemog
10-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Lemog - :eek: How exiting! I now have my own little rubber dressed slave! http://lemog.club.fr/icogif/falling.gif

Well... I can't forget my 5000ths post here while keeping serious... then, I reserve you a surprise soon... it's promised :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Mark - I've actually followed your map work from M&S with the light fetus, however I need to make the veins mmuch stronger, especially now when it's semitransparent. Really good suggestions there, thanks! And thanks for the reference offer - I think I have enough, just got a big book filled with photos of fetuses :)
Oh, and much welcome at rubberparty anytime :scream:

Laurent - I'm honored to have your 5000th post ... and dying with curiousity about that surprise! ... Does it include dwarves in wet togas? :scream:

makaron
10-10-2005, 01:05 PM
be carefull what you wish for Gunilla :eek: haha... you never know what this guys will come up with ... and I´m missing one dwarf.. i suspect he is running around in Lemogs thread... with his angel... :bounce: have to check there...
and BTW hope to see more of your cute bebis glowing soon, is the rest of the organs gonna glow a bit?

Lemog
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Gunilla -> In fact... for the machineflesh, I don't work so much of these maps... foetuses are planed to don't see closer...

and no, sorry, no wet togas now... maybe be soon... for the moment, what do you think about librarians and dwarves ?

ThierryS
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
That's some mood, hey coming along very nicely mate. :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Makaron - haha and - Don't know what or how much stuff will glow yet... lots of testing remains :)

Laurent - Dwarves and librarians ... can't wait :bounce: ... maybe save the wet togas for another session? ;)
And you're right about the viewing distance for foetuses... this one will be quite close.

Thierry - thanks! You're doing splendidly yourself! :)

Gunilla
10-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Info:

It's been some days where I seem to try the same stuff over and over again ... without getting satisfied. This is the normal mid-challenge boredom I suppose. As by coincidence MAX 8 was just delivered to my doorstep. This means I will take some days trying out the new functions in there to see if I can get some fresh ideas.
So, unfortunately no updates today, hope to get back with new energy :wavey:

Lemog
10-12-2005, 09:38 AM
I hope Max8 help you to find motivation girl... you must find your good way now... play with Max... and play for our :thumbsup: ...

...or I send you my Librarians Patrol :twisted:

makaron
10-12-2005, 11:42 AM
my turn... :bounce:
hope that you get along with Max8...

http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/challange/LAMP.jpg

Lemog
10-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Ahahahaha... very good Mona :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Laurent- Yes, just started with new Max ... and discovered there's a new way for Unwrapping! Peltmapping seems like a true time saver - oh, well for next challenge :)

Do you really promise to send your librarians patrol? :bounce:
:D

Mona - haha, thank you - how sweet :love:I'm sure it makes me more inspired :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Laurent- Yes, just started with new Max ... and discovered there's a new way for Unwrapping! Peltmapping seems like a true time saver -

What is Unwrapping ? :scream: hahahaha

Seriously... what is Peltmapping ? :blush:

Do you really promise to send your librarians patrol?
Yes... promised... but I have too much prob today... very hard for the joke-spare-time... I hope before the end of the week... I'm a bit late for the next wallpaper ? :scream: :bounce: and a award in stock... :love:

Gunilla
10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Seriously... what is Peltmapping ? :blush:

This is a quote cut from a User forum "PELT MAPPING is a few tools that allow you to basically paint a seam on your model to define the edges of your uv map ie: top to back of head.. inside of legs... under arms ect. then open in the UV editor and it shows the verts of the uv outer edges all connecting to a ring around the map.. rotate the ring to make all the lines straight and then hit the "pelt mapping" button and bam!" Looks like this. (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/limage?siteID=123112&id=5659451&imageID=5683792)
Video (http://download.autodesk.com/media/3dsmax/peltmap_max8_350k.wmv) here.
I've just peeked at it but for someone as uncomfortable with UnWrapping as me it seems very good :)
Don't worry, you probably have it in Maya soon considering the merge...

Yes... promised... but I have too much prob today... very hard for the joke-spare-time... I hope before the end of the week... I'm a bit late for the next wallpaper ? :scream: :bounce: and a award in stock... :love:

Ah, don't worry - you're definitely doing your share of the wallpapers/fun/jokes around here ... better deal with your probs and let us entertain you for a while :wavey:

But naturally a wallpaper is welcome :D

scootermaya
10-12-2005, 04:23 PM
:rolleyes: I'm dowloading porn movies too ! But it is for my modeling education and references off course ! :rolleyes: (since we don't have good templates in Maya):D

Lemog
10-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Gunilla -> Thanks for these good explanation... now it's clear... I wish you lot of pleasure now... (maybe for the next project then :) ) :thumbsup:

Scooty -> I know you... always learn, always learn... the knowledge's lover :scream: hahaha

ThierryS
10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Have fun with the new functions of the soft. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

gpepper
10-13-2005, 09:12 AM
... Don't worry, you probably have it in Maya soon considering the merge...

It exist in Maya 7.0... The name of this tool is unfoldUV...

claudiojordao
10-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Hellooo my very good friend, finally I found some time to visit your thread, and what a progress I tell you.

However, I think that the ears still look a bit too detailed with some very hard edges.
Have you tryed to smooth then?
I also think that you should rotate the left thigh of the right fetus -45º or so... just enough to hide the sex of that baby, not because of shame or other sexual issues, but just not to have anyone thinking about it, because it's not that important.

Keep you great job friend.

Gunilla
10-13-2005, 01:33 PM
:rolleyes: I'm dowloading porn movies too ! But it is for my modeling education and references off course ! :rolleyes: (since we don't have good templates in Maya):D

Somehow I'm not surprised to hear that ... I always suspect you to be an ambitous guy :D

Gilles - Ooupps! I eat my foot then, didn't know. Now I know why all you Maya users are so good at texturing :rolleyes: ( just joking, don't crush me!)
Thanks for clearing things up :thumbsup:

Hey Claudio! The ears... arrgh! I still have to do that- originally I was planning to have the whole shape blurred so I could let it pass... now I don't know if I'm going to blur it or not...
Good suggestion about the rotation - I've been thinking about that too - there's nothing so noticable than a missing reproduction organ ... and also so provocative to make one. Thanks friend :)

gpepper
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Gilles - Ooupps! I eat my foot then, didn't know. Now I know why all you Maya users are so good at texturing :rolleyes: ( just joking, don't crush me!)
Thanks for clearing things up :thumbsup:

No matter, I'm a max user too... I work on both softwares, and few others...
I don't want to crush U ! :argh:

Lemog
10-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Now I know why all you Maya users are so good at texturing :rolleyes: ( just joking, don't crush me!)
Hahaha... I'm always with the version 5... a bit late, not ? :banghead: (maybe not only about Maya...)

Gunilla
10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Pepper, Lemog - I'm perfectly sure that your skills in texturing doesn't come from a software improvement ... you're both masters in that area :bowdown:

... But it's still a very cool addition :)

Zapan
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm always with the version 5

Old technology hum ?...ahaha ( oh no I said earlier that I will keep my silly jokes for me , well too late :twisted: hahaha ...)

Sorry Gunilla for spamming your thread :blush:

I hope that the new max helps you to make an update soon :bounce: :bounce:

Lemog
10-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Pepper, Lemog - I'm perfectly sure that your skills in texturing doesn't come from a software improvement ... you're both masters in that area :bowdown:

... But it's still a very cool addition :)
héhé... you're righ girl... in my case, I just need to my knife, my compass and my...

but the courtesy prohibit me to say the continuation of this very French sentence. :eek:

Lemog
10-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Old technology hum ?...ahaha ( oh no I said earlier that I will keep my silly jokes for me , well too late hahaha ...)

and you... stop to laugh :twisted:

Gunilla
10-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry Gunilla for spamming your thread :blush:

No problem, I owe you some since I've been spamming much in yours :thumbsup:

And thanks - hope to have an update soon!

héhé... you're righ girl... in my case, I just need to my knife, my compass and my...

but the courtesy prohibit me to say the continuation of this very French sentence. :eek:

...PORTENAOIK? :curious:

Lemog
10-13-2005, 02:57 PM
hahahahahaha...I'm crying... laughing... can't stop... :scream: you are perfect girl... very good use of this word... one point for you... cheer, I'm taken with my own trap :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

gpepper
10-13-2005, 03:20 PM

Yes, please... :argh:

Ahahah ! Excellent ! No need to have french lesson ! You explain very well what the others would think...

scootermaya
10-13-2005, 03:32 PM

She learns quikly ! hu!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Hahahaha!!! ... You french guys are cracking me up :scream:

And I think I begin to guess what it means now (still don't sure) :)

scootermaya
10-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Hahahaha!!! ... You french guys are cracking me up :scream:

And I think I begin to guess what it means now (still don't sure) :)

you swedish guys aren't bad yourselves ... this is why I like you ! (also I 'm half northen Europeen myself ... danish ! I'm sorry hahahaha !)

Lemog
10-13-2005, 04:20 PM
... danish ! I'm sorry hahahaha !)
I understand better... when I saw your photo :thumbsup: hahahaha... danish... hahahaha

...PORTENAOIK :banghead:

...rrrrh... bath time now...

keetmun
10-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow you sure are fast Gunilla, version 8 huh...I hear the splash page is now just a black screen, and you can customize it too. Are you going to put David Hassellhof on yours? :scream: :thumbsup:

Cheers friend!

Gunilla
10-15-2005, 05:56 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129398993_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129398993_large.jpg)

Some small changes... mainly to get back on track again.

Gunilla
10-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Scooty - Half danish, huh? That's cool - so do you understand danish? That could make for some nice jokes :scream:

Lemog - Does danish people look like that - serious? :D ( just kiddin Scoot)

keetmun - I just took the step and became a subscriber some months back - very nice, all updates delivered as soon as they are released!
Aha - so that's what the black screen is for - filling in your own pic ... don't think I'll choose David Hasselhof though, haha!
Apart from that the update seems quite good ... lots of things to try :)

So, here are some small updates - I've replaced the bubble with a less symmetric one plus some kind of string/placenta shapes to blend better with the background. I've also moved the cord to go between the babys legs, to cover the genetalia part ... don't want to model that ...

Next will be another go with the textures for the fetuses :banghead: ... and some more particles :)

thanks for your interest - oh, you best of bunch :thumbsup:

makaron
10-15-2005, 06:12 PM
the "bubble" around the babies is back... :) and its´s looking pretty fine... :bounce:

Zapan
10-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey Gunilla ! :)

"Some small changes..." Are you kidding me ? This is major update. :eek:
Truely gorgeous ,looks full of sensitivity and peaceful, Love it :applause:

I spend a really long time staring at this , and it's really hard for me to crit something.
Just one thing , also I know you're still testing this : The color balance is really really reddish which is good but , I guess that from a great distance from your screen the babies shape will disappear to see just the bubble. So maybe it will be cool to find some different variations of the colors on them , to really focus eyes spectators on them.

But again wonderful update , "Splendide" !!:scream: :bounce: :bounce:

mmoir
10-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Hey Gunilla,

I haven't been working on my entry or visiting cg talk much lately so I haven't seen your thread in a while. I must say your image is coming along great.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.

velascodearmas
10-16-2005, 01:04 AM
SSS would help a lot!

gardogg
10-16-2005, 02:53 AM
I agree, sss with a stong spotlight would create such a cool glowing effect on this render! Definitely a must! Good modeling by the way!

edit: the butt on the baby to the right looks kind of sharp. Outside of that, looking good!

eddieellis
10-16-2005, 07:50 AM
hey looking great.... im trying to find a picture which may be of help to you which my otherhalf showed me reagarding baby's birthsack... but cant find it anywhere... will keep looking and post when i do

Gunilla
10-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Mona - jepp, it's back - and thanks :)

Stephane - Wow, thank you! And very good point about the coloring - I hope to get some improvements once I can sort out the texturing... still having lots of troubles there.
merci beaucop, mon ami!;)

Mike - thank you - and good to see you back on board :thumbsup:

dvelasco, gardogg - I actually have SSS... just having real problems in getting it to work the way I want. :argh: I will go on fighting it, thanks!
gardogg - pointy butt is supposed to be the remains of the tail... :)

Eddie - "birthsack", Finally! Thanks for letting me know what it is so I don't have to use the word "bubble" anymore :D ... and all references you can find is always welcome - even if I've seen quite a lot by now. thanks for your great support mate :thumbsup:

So, tweaking will continue - lots of small things needs to be fixed (ears...) and bigger ones - texturing, lights.
Hope to have some updates later today, lovely rainy sunday here - love those!

eddieellis
10-16-2005, 09:20 AM
here you go mate

http://www.wprc.org/trimester1.phtml

MD.Tangir
10-16-2005, 09:32 AM
hi friend, nice modeling,texture & concept.i realy like your concept.wish u good luck:thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-16-2005, 02:08 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129471723_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129471723_large.jpg)

Putting it together now.
I had to render the birthsack separately to be able to use the glow and volume light. Also managed to crank the SSS up a bit, but not enough I think- lots of work still needs to be done on the fetus textures... but this is a start.
Comments welcome as usual.

gardogg
10-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Looks better! I think the hands need work though.

gpepper
10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
in my opinion, the picture isn't contrasted enough... Maybe darker should be nice and the back light should be the first light in this scene, in my opinion...
Some glow aroud should give more cool effect too, but I think taht I've told it to U already...
It is getting better everyday Gunilla ! great !

eddieellis
10-16-2005, 05:18 PM
looking great my friend, finding alittle difficult to help you though, as i never tried anything like what your doing.. so just want to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Digital_Rebellion
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Gunilla, amazing progress so far.:thumbsup: Amazing concept and very good realization. With my limited knowledge I just wanted to put forward some humble opinions (I could be wrong though). The rim lighting on the baby on the right kinda makes the outline a bit harsh. Would you give the model a bit softer look? Maybe a change in lighting as well? The babies are floating in amniotic fluid, so maybe the specular hightlights on the babies should be softer. Also, you could focus on the transparency and transluscency where it's needed. Well, I dunno, maybe the '3d wizards' here at CGTalk would be able to explain better. Anyways, I really love your work and wish you all the best for the challenge :)

Gunilla
10-16-2005, 06:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129485636_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129485636_large.jpg)

Last test for today - decided to try something drastic. Only one really strong spot from behind and very exaggerated SSS... perhaps this can give some new ideas

coCoKNIght
10-16-2005, 06:09 PM
i don't know if you can exagerate sss on this one but it's looking great!
i wouldn't use just one light from behind though...
i like the finally adjusted bubbleform and the background, yeah, it's coming along niceley!

Gunilla
10-16-2005, 06:10 PM
gardogg - thanks :thumbsup: hands will be looked at.

pepper - good point. I tend to agree with this. So, what do you think of this? Enough glow or could I make it even more?

Eddie - no problem mate, just having you around is plenty of help :) And I really haven't tried my hands on something like this before either ...

Digital_Rebellion - thank you for a very helpful message :love:I thinm I know what you mean - the problem is just to get there... well, maybe I will :)

Fabian - Ah, thank you, I'm glad you like this new twist :bounce:

I decided to start over again to try some new stuff, hopefully they'll lead to some kind of break through... my problem right now is probably that I'm not exactly sure where I wanna take this. So, I plan to do some random tests with different kinds of effects to see if I stumble into something useful.
Suggestions and cheers always appreciated :wavey:

ihamid
10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
yess Gunilla the last one is my favourite! :bounce::bounce: ... the sss tests are getting better! just need a way to show all those cartilages or veins ! and nice shading on the bunch of veins just where the placenta juts out!
cheers! keep rokkin!;)

Zapan
10-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Wow I see that the rainy day turns out to a very productive day :thumbsup:

Some great great render , and here's the sss ! :bounce: :bounce: and it shows , it works really well ! :applause:

The over exagerated sss is great and it's a good way to see the inner parts (as Laurent suggested an all baby scaled down)

The only backlight is cool too but I find that you lose details a little...:shrug: so I guess the previous lightning is better... but it's just my feeling.

But yeah this is better and better , I know you will find the right setting
Keep on rocking :bounce: :buttrock: :thumbsup:

4saken
10-16-2005, 06:59 PM
hey, I just stumbled over this thread and I must say, I really like the idea and how you transfered it into 3d. the shading is looking good so far.
something I would change is the background. right now when I'm looking at the picture it feels like there is tons of room behind the babies. but in real life in a womans belly when she's pregnant there is not much room at all. everything tightly fit into a smal space. with twins it's even less. if you could manage to bring this into the scenery it would raise the quality and realism alot. at least that's what I'm thinking.

I'll keep on checking this thread for sure in the future.

greets
joe

Jesp
10-16-2005, 08:15 PM
The SSS/translucency effect really adds to the picture, you have achieved that very well.

Tremoside
10-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Hi Gunni,

For sure, this gonna be amazing! Great appearance of sss and fine scenery set with that strong spot. Definitely on the way. Only thing what i can suggest: be careful with too strong sss. Sometimes it can "flatten out" the forms. Right now it's too strong for the right baby's arm and leg. The rest of them is fine, but those lost some information of their original form in virtual space. As you wrote you will make other tests. Probably you can try to divide their mesh. and apply a differently parametrized sss to arms and legs. Am not sure about this idea...but maybe it can give more control of the bodys shading. Of course you can paint scattering radius in map etc.. Don't forget..thanks for your contiuous support :)

Mark

Lemog
10-17-2005, 05:24 AM
Yeeeah girl... good morning...

As I can see... a good week-end of working...

When I saw your first up... I think that's a very good idea for the buble background... idea to keep... evetually add something which permit you to gain some depth...
Second think I like, the ombilical cord... it just need a little of texture... to gain somme matter and thickness.
But of course, babies need more contrast, translucencies and matter... your latest test, with the too strong sss is a good starting point... it's too much strong... but that give us a good way for a lighty contrast... If we can have light aspect with the volume of the previous update, that's certainly perfect...
...at 66.66%, cause I think again that these interesting shader need to be mixed with flesh textures... to go to the 100% needed... :arteest:

To resume, I'm very happy to see that this thread run now... good thing... and have a nice day Gunilla :wavey:

monsitj
10-17-2005, 05:27 AM
wow , the latest one is absolutely great! you can go further more ! I think the left child is too solid , maybe you can exaggerate more SSS effect to the left child ! good luck ! guny

Gunilla
10-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Hamid - thanks! And yes, that's been my problem all along - having the veins show through while the bodies are still translucent... will keep trying :)

Stephane- I will add some light for the foreground - this was mostly to clear my eyes and get back to scratch. Thanks for your great support, Cadet :thumbsup:

Joe - some really good points about the background! At most photos it looks like the birthsack is floating in outer space somewhere - I don't know how that is... making the space narrower could be a good thing. thanks :thumbsup:

Jesp - thank you!

Mark - This is my first serious tests with SSS and so far it's been a pain to try to understand... you suggestion on painting a map for the radius is great! thank you, thank you :bowdown:Now, perhaps I can finally make it transclucent the way I want it to be!

Laurent - good morning... :) Yes, flesh texture! Can you see some of the brain texture in the right fetus? I'm having so much troubles in having textures show along with the translucency ... lot of testing reamains for sure. Thanks for supporting this small step forward :love:have a nice day too - any new wallpapers in sight?

Monsit - thank you for liking! Good to see you back updating yours :thumbsup:

So, away for another waisted day at the office ... hope to get back to this later tonight, good luck with your own entrys and see you :wavey:

daWinky
10-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Hey, this looks like a break-through in mastering sss and transparency:eek: . A really great difference to the previous renders and I think now your on the right way:thumbsup: . Great work and I'm looking forward to see your next update!:bounce:

-sabrina

Lemog
10-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Can you see some of the brain texture in the right fetus? I'm having so much troubles in having textures show along with the translucency ...
Yes... I saw... but it's really "lite" and timid, like you ? :scream: hahahaha

any new wallpapers in sight?
Well... it's early to say that today... another very tirely weekend... too much eaten and too much drunk, you can imagine my brain about wallpapers... :banghead:

shakes
10-17-2005, 06:55 AM
i really like this last one alot- i love the slight glow effect you've got going on the babies.
i guess there's still more to come, but looks really good so far.

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
10-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi. nice work and sss. waiting for more :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Thanks for your great support, Cadet

Hahaha you too ? :scream:

Well you're so welcome..... Mommy :twisted: :scream:

makaron
10-17-2005, 07:52 AM
looking good ..and better eachtime now.. ... :bounce:

handlebar
10-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Really impressive update Gunilla.http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

gpepper
10-17-2005, 10:25 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129485636_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129485636_large.jpg)

Last test for today - decided to try something drastic. Only one really strong spot from behind and very exaggerated SSS... perhaps this can give some new ideas

Hey ! This is truely what I was talking about ! Great great Update Gun !

Now, the idea is to model the bones and muscle, because we see through the babies ! But you've done a great job here ! you are near !

JamesMK
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Starting to come really close now I think! The lighting and scattering is quite spectacular already, only needs to show some bones through there now (as already pointed out by others) - and I like the updated sack, looks quite believable now.

DimitrisLiatsos
10-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Arghhh...how did i miss this...i am unforgivable...:banghead:

Awesome progress ...

Gunilla
10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Sabrina - thanks, and yes I think I finally begin to understand how it works... still a long way though :)

Laurent - "lite" and timid? You are being sarcastic I see... timid is not what I usually get called :scream:
But seriously, I find it very hard to act the way I want - but I'll get there (some day)

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to spend another weekend with partying while I was enjoying myself alone with the cat in the rain :rolleyes: haha!

shakes - thanks much - and yes I hope it to get even more glowy :thumbsup:

Ali - thank you, oh master of crazy modeling ( love your work) :thumbsup:

Cadet - oh, sorry ... I mean M. Brouty? :scream: I call you whatever you want if you just stop calling me Mommy :banghead:

Mona, Steven - thank you both!

Gilles - good! But do I have to model the bones... I was hoping to fix it with not so timid textures. Glad you like the glow in progress :thumbsup:

James - OK. so modeling it is then (blank canvas syndrome flashing by) - thanks a lot for the feedback :)

Dimi - thank you and welcome back anytime, you can consider yourself totally forgiven ;)

Wow, this respons from you all really makes me feel like I'm on the right way here - makes me motivated indeed!
Stuck for the day with other stuff but I will be back....

Lemog
10-17-2005, 01:47 PM
...I find it very hard to act the way I want
It's terribly "girl", not ? :rolleyes:

hahahahaha sorry :D

Gunilla
10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
It's terribly "girl", not ? :rolleyes:

hahahahaha sorry :D

:banghead::banghead: Arrrggghhh!

gpepper
10-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Arghhh...how did i miss this...i am unforgivable...:banghead:

Awesome progress ...

How did U MISSS this ?

Gunilla
10-17-2005, 04:13 PM
How did U MISSS this ?

I muSSSt have made a miSSStake :scream:

makaron
10-17-2005, 05:49 PM

you muSSSt uSSSe more glow SSSo they don´t miSSS you, Gunilla... :bounce:
it this SSSpam?..

gpepper
10-17-2005, 06:02 PM

Excuse mme misss I'm ssso sssorry !
How long this joke is going to last...

Zapan
10-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Asss long asss posssible ^^
Sssorry Mom... wait , Sssorry Sssweety Hahahaha :scream:

gpepper
10-17-2005, 06:48 PM

be careful of what U say cadet"steph" ! asss could mean something else...

alancamara
10-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey Gunilla, congrats about your progress,:bounce: you have been a good work. Are you using the miss physical shader on the work? Impressive, so good. keep it up dude :applause:

hahaha, of course Stéphane

Zapan
10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
be careful of what U say cadet"steph" ! asss could mean something else...

OupSSS , SSSorry... It's hard to SSStop ... damn :banghead: :scream:

SSSpam, SSSpam ,SSSpam hahaha... ho :blush:

Gunilla
10-17-2005, 07:04 PM
SSStopp SSSpam SSSoon!

hahaha

And thank you Alan, I'm using the SSS+displace shader :)

EDIT: SSStéphane - SSSee SSSpam SSStop SSSuggestion, SSSon!!
:scream:

Lemog
10-17-2005, 07:24 PM
For a time, this ssspam isss not my fault :scream: hahahaha

Deankovitch
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi Gunilla, I just entered the contest and saw your image. It makes me remeber one animations I did some years ago. You can see some images of that animation here: http://www.enesolutions.com/pt/3d_mae.htm#

You can add some particles to grow the feeling of underwater ambient, and keep going, the image promisses to be very cool.

Gunilla
10-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Laurent - haha, this time I think it was one of the other french nuts around... silly but funny...PORTE... nope, I wont say it today :scream:

Deankovitch - image slooks cool - do you have a direct link to the clip? I couldn't launch it from the browser.
Particles floating are still on the to do list plus other stuff to give the liquid feel - thanks for reminding me :thumbsup:

alex.h.
10-18-2005, 06:14 AM
great render, fortsätt så, see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-18-2005, 06:02 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129658556_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129658556_large.jpg)

Some tests for ambience and mood

After uploading I see that something have happened with the framing - it should be the same closer up as in the previous renders, will correct for next one.

Gunilla
10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Small update... some tests for the ambience - added a noisy fog and another particle system to create some kind of blurry, liquid mood - let me know what you think.
Next step will be painting maps for the fetuses, I need to get some more contrasts and colors in but somehow I like this last tests...

Thanks all for being here :thumbsup:

makaron
10-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I love the color in the background now, it feels more "alive" :bounce: or is the term, organic?.. :p

SuperXCM
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi Gunilla!

Nice update here, like the shader, very cool, and the update for the mood too... it's become really great!! :thumbsup:

gpepper
10-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah it is really better ! the foetus are really nice now ! but I would crank the back light a bit more...

Digital_Rebellion
10-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi the tests are looking great so far! Do like the environment around the babies now :thumbsup:

monsitj
10-18-2005, 06:22 PM
nice sss fx ! maybe you can add " refract" effect or some distort of bubble , ex, add more bubble infront of baby and when you see through bubble it distort background behind,! I think it will add more eye candy( I hope) , sorry for bad eng, but hope you understand my idea

Zapan
10-18-2005, 07:27 PM
OMG this one rocks :eek:
Ambience and mood hu ? Well you got it ! WOW :thumbsup:

I find particles a little bit too small (or timid... like you :D ). Monsit's suggestion sounds great.

Great update , so who is the snail now ?

mmoir
10-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey Gunilla ,

This is looking great:thumbsup: :thumbsup: . keep going the image is starting to really have some impact.

shakes
10-18-2005, 08:48 PM
this just gets better and better- fantastic shaders! http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/5996/smileyeye26vj0az.gifhttp://img347.imageshack.us/img347/5996/smileyeye26vj0az.gif

JamesMK
10-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Ah, the ambience adds a lot - particularly those small floaty things (I'm trying to resist using the term 'floaters' :D ) (oops, failed to resist)

You're getting closer all the time, no doubt.

cg219
10-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Oh I love the concept. This is turning out great. Keep it up.

hhssuu
10-18-2005, 11:03 PM
hi man, been busy and haven't kept up with ya lately. Things are looking good, really love your tranlusent effects and the DOF stuff going on, keep going man:thumbsup:

Goul
10-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Great work so far, i like the quiet and warm ambience you put in this picture :)

Gunilla
10-19-2005, 06:26 AM
alex - thanks a bunch :thumbsup:

Mona - I think both alive and organic sounds like what I want to hear - thank you :)

Lombardo - hey buddy, good to see you back and thanks :beer:

jaypepp - OK, agree needs a lot more light - thanks for splendid advice :thumbsup:

digitalreb- thanks for liking the improvement :)

monsit - very cool idea, I understand what you mean - will try it for sure :thumbsup:

Zapan - ...timid - not you too :banghead:, hahaha you guys are so crushing me, love it :scream:
thanks also for cheering and pushing so well.

Gunilla
10-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Mike, Shakes, cg219 - thank you a lot, I'm glad to begin to see the lights :)

James - haha, floaters ... naah, maybe flyers would sound better? :D
thanks - I'm going to spend some time studying how to render in passes, inspired by you... the tests I do now just takes far to long to render so I have a feeling I could benefit from some improved work methods.

Chi-Han - thanks you a lot , hope to see you have more time to work with your oic - it's going to be great :thumbsup:

Goul - thank you, I'm glad it begins to show what I want to achieve!

You guys really are the best - what an energy boost to wake up and see your great support... Yeah, you all rock :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-19-2005, 06:34 AM
At each step... that comes better than better... major up girl... I love the new particles... that give a lot of life in your composition... more with different size will be better... need to be less timid... like... mmmh :scream: ...

...always need some sweet low flesh textures, and maybe some inner parts... glowy organs... glowy bones... just suggered and very timid... just to enriching the vision...

Great... you're on... don't stop now... :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-19-2005, 07:03 AM
Thank you dear... will make the particles more varied but perhaps not less timid (haha), more different shapes for them I think will make the different.

And yes - glowing inner parts is on the way, I hope. Didn't work so well with placing geometry inside and having them shine through - next test will be Tremos suggestion with using maps for the SSS radius. Maybe that will do it.

Will also trys some of your flesh textures today :bounce:

Lemog
10-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Will also trys some of your flesh textures today :bounce:
mmmmh miam miam miam... :drool:

Agamemnwn
10-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Hej Gunilla, It looks amazing :D great job with the sss and ambience:D

Zapan
10-20-2005, 07:05 AM
knock , knock :wavey:

gpepper
10-20-2005, 08:38 AM
jaypepp - OK, agree needs a lot more light - thanks for splendid advice :thumbsup:

De nada...

Gunilla
10-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Jannis - thank you :thumbsup:

Zapan - I'm here :)

Gilles - :wavey:

Info . I've been trying to find a way to place geometry inside the fetuses to block the light - but without success... if anyone knows how to solve this with SSS and MR I'd be happy.
The tests with maps are proceeding with snail speed ... hope to have something up later or tomorrow.

See you in your threads!

gpepper
10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Jannis - thank you :thumbsup:

Zapan - I'm here :)

Gilles - :wavey:

Info . I've been trying to find a way to place geometry inside the fetuses to block the light - but without success... if anyone knows how to solve this with SSS and MR I'd be happy.
The tests with maps are proceeding with snail speed ... hope to have something up later or tomorrow.

See you in your threads!

I think U have to try with the different parameters in all slots of weight and radius...
Don't know exactly cos I never tried this sort of things...

Gunilla
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks for trying to help Gilles! I think I have to continue looking for some light on this while continue playing with the mapping solution... good there are still a lot of time left :)

later... so, after some digging I found signs that it might be a bug with Max MR fastskin+displace only letting orange light pass through - does this sounds familiar to any of the Maxers?
So, now I will start over testing with the Fastskin shader without displace to see if it might let me do what I want... ah, they joy of technicalities :banghead::banghead:

Zapan
10-20-2005, 06:17 PM
later... so, after some digging I found signs that it might be a bug with Max MR fastskin+displace only letting orange light pass through - does this sounds familiar to any of the Maxers?
So, now I will start over testing with the Fastskin shader without displace to see if it might let me do what I want... ah, they joy of technicalities :banghead::banghead:

Hope you will find the best solution soon :shrug:
:bounce: :bounce: Go go go Girl :)

Gunilla
10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks for cheering, mylord ;) Your new avatar is inspiring ... I will stay in snail mood for another day or two :D
Am currently studying everything I can find on SSS, no doubt it will be useful for the future.

Zapan
10-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Ahahah , note that I'm considering myself as a lord because I should respect to my queen who teach everything about it :scream: SSS ? as Super Snail Speed ? :scream: ahah, ok don't be mad I stop...

More seriously , I'm sure you will find a good way to put in everything you have in mind...
So enjoy your snailing but not too much hmm ?

Have a nice evening , I'll checking and maybe knocking tomorrow :) :wavey:

Lemog
10-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Gunilla -> Good morning girl... I really hope you can find or obtain a solution for your render prob... see you :wavey:

Zapan -> I'm back :twisted: gnark gnark gnark

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Zapan - haha, SSS= Snail Speed Shading - that's a good one :thumbsup:
Hope to get somewhere with it today ... and welcome to knock anytime, it's always a pleasure. :)
BTW, don't you have some branches to texture? :scream:

Lemog - Good morning to you, good to see you survived your day at the show with all your energy intact :D

Currently I'm just trying to understand more about how it works - have been reading Gilles excellent Maya tut, thanks Gilles! plus other stuff, if I got any wiser from it remains to be seen.... weather forecast predicts stormy which is a good thing for this project.

thanks for stopping by :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-21-2005, 06:58 AM
@ Gunilla : don't you have some branches to texture?
Hahaha .... Yeah I do :banghead: ok got it :scream:

@ Laurent : :surprised :curious: oh ok got it :blush:

Lemog
10-21-2005, 07:03 AM
@ Laurent : :surprised :curious: oh ok got it :blush:
:D hahahahahahaha... sacré Cadet :thumbsup:

scootermaya
10-21-2005, 07:04 AM
I see ! "Old tech", Maman & Cadet at breakfast !

I sorry, I missed a few lines wile I was swiming back from London...
What is going on Gunilla !!! :eek: Can we help ?

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey - what's up here? Breakfast Club? :)

Ahh, poor Zapan - is everyone kicking you for being a snail...:scream:

Scooty - I heard what you called me! No, candy for you today, young man!
And thanks, I hope to sort it out... eventually :thumbsup:

Hahaha, you guys are the best rendering companions ever :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
10-21-2005, 08:01 AM
my gosh!!.this last render is truly amazing...im very impressed...love it:love:

im going to check all your thread now...im sure u have more amazing things..keep rockin man!

Jesp
10-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Looking really good - Just a thought but some more visible veins in the translucent parts?

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Jorge - Ah, thank you :love:You rock too :thumbsup:

Jesp - Veins... :banghead: Haha, sorry - but making glowing veins have been my big headache so far, hope to have some there soon. Thanks neighbour! :thumbsup:

Jesp
10-21-2005, 11:46 AM
I would imagine:scream:

ThierryS
10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Yep, it's really taking shape, really nice mood in it now:thumbsup: . It feels we can almost sense the peacefull silence of the place.
Good luck with the SSS shaders!
Beautiful work Gunilla!:bounce:

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129905187_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129905187_large.jpg)

My current settings and maps for baby1

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 02:35 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129905310_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1129905310_large.jpg)

Just as a status reaport on my progress ... tweaking a lot, trying to find the best settings for proceeding.
tips and comments are welcome