PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 2D Entry: Blaz Porenta

Pages : 1 [2]

Arctis
10-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi,

man you've so much improved since I know your work...
Amazing sense of details.
However, I think the spectacular sensation would be stronger if you don't put too much elements in your scene. What was interesting in your previous sketches was the scale difference between very small characters and the giant submarine, and nothing else to distract from this "encounter".
But you're the one who got the vision, so good luck !

Slav
10-28-2005, 02:31 AM
NOOO! bring back the birdies! :wip: :wip: :wip:

LexLe
10-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi Blaz!
I consider that it is necessary to work the foreground still
(Ship)
Good luck! :)
Yours faithfully LexLe
poor my bad english

NinjaA55N
10-28-2005, 11:42 PM
And here it is... the promising reply to all of u good ppl who r helping creating this piece :)

Baron Impossible: as u see I came back to the first used perspective as I feel the most comfortable with it. And thnx for stopping by!

Gonzalo Golpe: U mentioned before, that I could put the submarine closer to the viewer, or maybe pointed into the viewer. Due to lack of time I think I wont be able to change everything, and now that Im puting some other stuff to the pic I think that the angle of the submarine is not so much disturbing anymore. What u think?

2xbo: there will be looooots and loooooots of stuff to be added. Birds, lianas, ship and plane wrecks, maybe even ppl.. thnx for stopping by!

authentic: thnx for ur comment, I'll try to play with the contrast a bit more.

MrFreeman, Rudeone, Big D, Speaky, Gonzalo Golpe, Geci, LexLe, Gus_clifton, Atris, Squibbit, element5, beelow, THE CLYKE, JocHaan: to all of u who commented those 2 sketches about new angles... Im sorry if u r dissapointed at the moment, not going into ur chosen direction, but as I said before I will finish both of those pics, just not for this challenge (no time). Thnx anyway for ur precious time!

ori@r.a.m: thnx man!

beelow: thnx to u too, and good luck with ur time :)

Mason Roberts: I hope I solve the problem u mentioned before... and thnx for pointing that out!

FrozZT: I will keep the ppl. dont know which yet, and where will be they put to, but I'll keep them for better presentation of a scale. And I hope I solve the problem with the boat u mentioned in a new version? thnx for stopping by!

Gonzalo Golpe (again hehe): Im planing to do something with that second boat under the sub as well... maybe blur it, lighten it, overpainted it... something :) and thnx for ur kind words and help!

Falcor_: I agree that the birds will bring a lot to the image, so I'll keep them. I'll just painted them later than again. And the lights will be increased as well, maybe I'll work some more on contrasts as well. Thnx for popping in!

Arc80: thnx buddy!

Arctis: thnx, Im so glad to hear that :) I'll see what can I do about the crouded scene.. I'd really like to show that this is acctually a dump for shipwrecks that sank into the bermudian triangle. So if I wanted to stick to my story, I have to put some of those wrecks into the image... I just hope that at the end that wont disturbe the overall feeling. Thnx for pointing that out!

Slav: birds r coming back later than. That was just a sketch of all possible elements that r coming into the image. During the further process birds will be painted again for sure. Thnx for stopping by. I should really stop by ur thread as well... going thru it for thousands of time, but never get the chance to write a post. I'll take some time soon.

LexLe: hi man! the foreground is just a sketch at the moment, so no worries here. There will be put a lot of work into it. Take care and thnx for staying around!

New updates soon!

rawwad
10-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Nice coloring, I like your style very much. I saw that you have some problems with finding optimal composition, I think this first idea is best. Version with humans looks great, also nature details are fantastic. Keep, great working ! :thumbsup:

Norberg
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi Blaz,
First of all, itīs a killer concept you have here. one of the most spectacular in this comptetition I think!
What you presented in your first two sketches, the mood, light and composition was in my opinion perfect.
I donīt think you have the same majestic feeling to the image in these later versions. I canīt put the finger on it but maby the lighting or ambience is different.
allso I liked how the sub was alone misplaced in the jungle.
Anyway youīre doing a great job!

Nikolay
10-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Excellent theme! performance is magnificent..:)

TheFirstAngel
10-31-2005, 03:10 PM
the new ideas work great, the birs ad a great sense of scale, also, adding the crew up there is a great idea, immediately makes it look much more alive :) keep it up mate, looking forward to see ya bring it on! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NinjaA55N
10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1130776215_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1130776215_large.jpg)

I remove some of the shipwrecks and replace one with a plane wreck. I hope it works better, shows something more, that not only ships came into the bermuda triangle. And also I detailed the boat in the first plan and added some details here and there. More to come soon.

NinjaA55N
10-31-2005, 03:41 PM
rawwad: hi man, and thnx for ur comment! Birds and ppl will come back later, first I still have to find the final composition and added some elements that I think r important for understanding the theme. Which first composition did u have in mind?

Norberg: thnx for ur opinion! Since the first sketch I changed the story of my pic for a milion times :D And its still not confirm to be the last one, hehe. I started from there and now I'm going with the flow. I hope that the end result will be great as well.

Nikolay: thnx man!

the1st_angel: Thnx for poping in my thread man! I agree that birds and ppl bring a lot to the scale reading in this image, so I'll keep them (will be added later). So stay in touch :)

NinjaA55N
10-31-2005, 10:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1130799615_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1130799615_large.jpg)

I flipped the image to see if it works fine, if the composition is ok and if every elements point to the main interesting area (submarine). I also added some more details, plants, and ofcors steam coming under the sub.
Thnx in advance for any comment and suggestion!

TheFirstAngel
10-31-2005, 10:21 PM
some water dropping out of the torpedo openings could be a nice add as well, slightly leavin a backwards trial to show the boat is about to move in :) just an idea :D

NinjaA55N
10-31-2005, 10:34 PM
thats a great suggestion Sacha, it will be added in my next update :) thnx!

rawwad
10-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey, You flipped image. I think there is no change. Some image which are flipped looks better and some looks worse, but your looks still similar good. :thumbsup:
You ask me which composition I mean? You know, I mean first which you started coloring, this is first ( you still coloring it :) )
Keep great working!

cyberarts
10-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow! I'M still amaze by your work!
Keep up! :thumbsup:

NinjaA55N
11-01-2005, 07:24 AM
rawwad: oh, so Im going with the right composition than :) glad to hear that. I did a lot of thinking during the process and adding different elements into the piece, how to place them so the composition and balance of the pic will be stable and ok from any direction. Im just glad that Im not the only one seeing that :D

cyberarts: thank u very much for ur kind words!

Geci
11-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Nicely done so far... I like it!
Maybe you should make a more distinct border where the sea ends... like a wall of sea... like Stargate gates ;) I look forward to see it finished!

evanfotis
11-01-2005, 09:50 AM
I flipped the image to see if it works fine, if the composition is ok and if every elements point to the main interesting area (submarine). I also added some more details, plants, and ofcors steam coming under the sub.
Thnx in advance for any comment and suggestion!

I prefer it as you just flipped so the sub goes from left o right(has a subconscious logical flow).

I'm not so sure with that half plane down there, or the wreck on the right. It somehow comes out of the corner not quite... (this is purely my subjective feeling) and seem really small comparing to the bot-foreground wreck.

I like your atmosphere, maybe if you lightened up the highlghts and darkened a bit the shadows would look more dramatic.
If you tryduplicating a merged layer set to soft light if in PS or reduced opacity overlay, might give you a subtle adjustement?
Keep posting quality work:)

NinjaA55N
11-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Thnx for replies!
Both of u (Geci and evanfotis) gave me some nice ideas how to bring this piece to a higher level.
So, here is a plan what to do in next steps:

- water drops coming out of the torpedo hole and at the front point of the submarine (as if its just came out of water and still moving)

- some leaves, stones and branches laying on the floor (on grass)

- light efects (sun rays, maybe even lights coming out of the submarine.. to show there is still life in it)

- maybe a splush where the submarine is geting out of the water (???)

- instead of that dark something-wreck on the right (last update) there will be a couple of castaways (parents) looking the submarine... they will be probably just silhuets, a dark area on the pic

- a kid on the boat-wreck (a son of those couple) pointing his hand to the submarine and looking towards his parents... very excited about the action

- birds, lianas, fishes.. life around that will help bringing the scale to the pic, and help building the ambience

What do u think about that???

Jaba153
11-01-2005, 11:03 AM
crazy beautyfull work very nice render here! i prefer the flipped version the sub' comin more mysterious...maybe add some numbers or text letters in the sub' or plane.. lights effectcs are very good idea also the watter from the torpedo.. congrats !

evanfotis
11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
here is a plan what to do in next steps:

- light efects (sun rays, maybe even lights coming out of the submarine.. to show there is still life in it)
- birds, lianas, fishes.. life around that will help bringing the scale to the pic, and help building the ambience
Little details here and there usually add to an image.
Take care though, not to overdo it (as is usual when artists indulge into this stuff) where these things start robbing from the image, and make it seem too sfx-gimmicky..

- instead of that dark something-wreck on the right (last update) there will be a couple of castaways (parents) looking the submarine... they will be probably just silhuets, a dark area on the pic
- a kid on the boat-wreck (a son of those couple) pointing his hand to the submarine and looking towards his parents... very excited about the action

Got to see how you've imagined this first on paper.
IMHO in such an image, in order to retain the "gravity" and awe factor, human elements need exrtreme care when added.
They may easily turn it into a more comic style, or more cliche style, with the kid etc.
my two cents

Slav
11-01-2005, 05:19 PM
hey there mang. i was just thinking maybe you can bring some light into the bottom left hand corner there. it might be this monitor but it seems like the image is really dark in that part of the composition.

anywho... BIRDIES! :wip::wip::wip:

Levan
11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Wow man, does impression! Excellent detail.

SuperXCM
11-01-2005, 10:59 PM
"Superbe"... love it! :love:

LuisDiDonna
11-01-2005, 11:42 PM
what beautiful colours and atmosphere... Good Luck. It look really spectacular!

L.

LexLe
11-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Hi Blaz! :)
If it Bermuda triangle that I think running off of water from torpedo sluices and in general from a submarine should be and it moves.
Splashes I think should not be. :shrug: To make any luminescence at output from water (on a cut of water and air :buttrock: It will be fantastic!
In a cut of water there should be fishes..
Characters should not be entered, I consider it superfluous
I like very much your work! And last foreshortening
Good luck, buddy ! :)
Excuse for my bad English...

Aritz
11-02-2005, 02:07 PM
better with each post.

Dutchman
11-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Wow Blaz! That looks sooo fantastic and amazingly moody! :p That mysterious look and great lighting make this piece to a MASTER piece!

Especially the vegetation is really cool! You should think of joining Peter Jackson's King Kong team! :cool:

I can't wait for next updates on your project!

Have lots and lots of luck & fun! :wavey:
-Gijs

Lo/ast_lamer
11-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow, amazing atmosphere !!!

MrFreeman
11-02-2005, 11:07 PM
:drool: Hey Blaz.....looking really spectacular!!

The level of detail is really something. You've really captured the atmosphere.

The foreground ships are also making that sense of depth work really well....

Sorry I can't add anything constructive at the moment but it's getting late and my brain's gone to sleep...keep up the good work :thumbsup:

NinjaA55N
11-06-2005, 05:56 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1131303378_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1131303378_large.jpg)

Hi folx! So there r seen some changes now... the lower black area (some sort of shipwreck) is now gone, waterfalls r a bit more detailed, water on submarine can be already seen, submarine itself is a bit upgraded and as final, there can be seen how will the water wall be look like. And plenty more details is coming up.
And u were right, ppl on this pic could probably ruin it (I did some sketches but wasnt pleased), so I guess there will be just birds...
Thnx for any comment in advance!

rawwad
11-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Great update! Now sub looks much better, fantastic details, especially light going under submarine tail. :thumbsup:

sirBS
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Blaz, i like an atmosphere of your picture. It very majesticly and tragically.

Squibbit
11-06-2005, 11:55 PM
pretty cool, dude, that from the bermuda triangle or sumthin? I'd give way more
detail to the shipwreck and the plane, if u got the time :)

good work

MichaelZHsee
11-07-2005, 03:32 AM
this is awesome blaz~i'm enjoying this one mate!:thumbsup:

maurodelia
11-07-2005, 10:37 AM
wow !
NIce colors ! , very nice sub and forest !
ESPETACULAR !

Geci
11-07-2005, 11:58 AM
I really like how the water wall will look like... great update!

Arc80
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
This is absolutely looking great Blaz. Love the lighting effect on the buttom of the sub.
And good call on not adding the people, but the birds are great with it though. It really helps lead the eyes towards the sub.
I kind of prefer the sub to be on the right though. I personally think it works well with the birds flying towards it (it reads well from left to right).

Keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:

LexLe
11-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Very much the update of your work is pleasant! :thumbsup:
An atmosphere and light!!! :bounce: Very well!
I think that you still will add luminescences?-there where water comes to an end and
Jungle begin? ;)
Do not stop on reached!
Good luck, buddy! :thumbsup:
Excuse for my bad English..

aliasali
11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
wow! look at that! huuuge! really impressive and for sure spectacular!:D:thumbsup:

walrus
11-08-2005, 03:40 AM
Wow, Blaz, this is looking terrific. I haven't stopped in in a while, and boy am I sorry! I wsh I could offer you some fantastic piece of advice to make this better like you have in my thread, but there's really not much to do, you've come so far with it!

I will say that I like the idea of having people in this shot somewhere... maybe not as a main focus but just somehwhere subtle. I know there are differing opinions about having the poeple, but my thought is this: It's not as spectacular is it's just there without anyone to ever witness it. You know what they say about if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a sound? Well, perhaps the same goes for a submarine in the forest...?

Anyhow, just my thought. No matter what, a beautiful piece.

-mike

andreasrocha
11-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Wow, Blaz. Great mood you're achieving here. Have you tried introducing some small areas of contrasting color like saturated violet or red? You could take advantage of these colors to control the viewer's gaze to the areas you want to focus on.

Beautiful textures, man! Keep it up.

izisilver
11-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi Blaž!

Looks like you made prety spectacular image from this theme. I agree whit you that people cold ruin the overal look.
I like the trees so far ... realy amazig, did you use a lot references? I can't realy imagine how will you make the "sea wall", because it will be hard to someone to realize that this is water in background ...

Good Luck!

NinjaA55N
11-12-2005, 03:45 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1131813927_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1131813927_large.jpg)

hi guys! first of all, thnx once again for ur encouragment! I'll try to take time soon to reply to ur comments and critiques. As well as to ur threads ofcors.
In this update I did some work on the water in the back and added some details here and there. Next step is to put something in the first plan, and than finally to paint all that final touch ups lianas, fishes, birds, etc) which will make this pic alive I hope.

THECLYKE
11-12-2005, 05:39 PM
woe

love the update man...

KEEP GOING KEEP GOING

Vectorius
11-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Very good composition!:bounce: ... Congratulation man!! howesome piece!
What is really well in your image, it is that one could not say if your scene occurs under water or out of the water.indeed, that makes me think of a jungle under marine..It is really astonish.bravo!

rawwad
11-12-2005, 05:54 PM
something bad with my computer :shrug:

rawwad
11-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Great! water looks fantastic, still keep rocking :buttrock:

NinjaA55N
11-14-2005, 12:29 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1131931739_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1131931739_large.jpg)

first plan and some other details r done.. now really just last touch ups... lianas, birds, fishes... and maybe a frog on the leaves in first plan :)
Thnx for ur participation! Replies coming up tomorrow.

MichaelZHsee
11-14-2005, 01:19 AM
what else can i say~u r the man~:thumbsup:

Lync
11-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Wow, this is a great image. I love your control of colour, your choice of composition, your use of contrasts and ability to create a fabulous atmosphere. My favourite part of the whole image is the light.

My only crit (and this is getting really picky) is the lens flare in the lower foreground. It doesn't work as well as it did, in my humble opinion, now that you have added some plants there.

Geci
11-14-2005, 08:52 AM
It looks great now! The sea is superb!!!
Dunno what else to say... cant wait to see it finished!

LexLe
11-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Blaz!
Work is magnificent! :thumbsup:
Only I think, that it is necessary to separate somehow all still a line border of water
And its transition in jungle (but it can be only my opinion :) )
Luminescence cool! Still to start up on the foreground of flying birds!
Fishes in water should be necessarily!! :wip:
Good luck buddy!!:)
Excuse for bad English

NinjaA55N
11-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi guys (and potential girls).. Some unfinished busyness to do hehe... replies ofcors :) So many changes since the last answering, and so many updates, that I hope u'll figure it out to which comment Im replying, hehe..

Jaba153: I added some subtle text on the sub and really works fine.. a nice detail, so thnx for the suggestion Mathieu!

evanfotis: thnx for the warning man! I'll try not to overfilled the image with an unneccessery details.. stop me if I'll do that please :) and ppl wont be add to this pic. U r right they could ruin the atmosphere. Thnx for ur most usefull comments and suggestions! They were helping me a lot!

Slav: Yes, my monitor is very bright, so I have problems with configuring the lightness.. Most often I see that the pic is too dark after I print it. I did some brightness work on the pic, so I hope u see that corner of the pic ok (there r some grass or plants.. do u see them?) Birds r coming next. Thnx!

Dutchman: Thnx man! Those words r too kind. :blush:

MrFreeman: and more details r coming up, hehe... thnx for stopping by man! I really appreciate it!

Squibbit: yea, that one is coming form the bermuda triangle... or better saying, this is a bermuda triangle, this is whats inside of it (in my head... just for that event ofcors :P) But details on ship and plane wreck wont drastically change.. I like them the way they r, subtle and not so eyepoping.

Arc80: hmm... it could be that I got borred watching the sub on the right, and when I flipped the image to see if it works well what consider the composition, I kind of like it better the new way, from the left. And also the psychology teaches, that from the left side comes the attack, elements of surprice, etc. Well, we'll see which side will works the best at the end :) thnx for ur constructive critic!

walrus: hi my friend! Really nice seeing u in my thread again :) I sort of agree with ur comment about the ppl in the image. Thats way Im working on a new idea.. ppl wont be seen on this pic, but I'll try to get the feeling as the viewer (all of us) gets that feeling like he is there, right behind the leafes that it will be in the first plan (more of leafes coming up). That u as a viewer r watching the whole action going on. I hope I'll succeeded. Thnx once again for droping by!

andreasrocha: Thnx for stopping by buddy! Im working on thos colors right now.. I'd like to bring some red or orange to the image, something subtle but I hope it will work.

Fiolka Alexandre: this is my point. I hope that the viewer will think that this is under the water.. but just for a second or two... than he'll realize whats happening and will blow him away, make that spectacular feeling in him. thnx for ur comment!

Lync: U r right about the lens flare.. it works well to me as well before, but now.. I'll fix that in my next update. thnx!

Geci: hehe.. thnx for poping in again man! Bu I guess it wont be finished so soon.. much more to add.

LexLe: Hi there! once again a constructive critic from u buddy! I much appreciate it :) Im working on seperating those elements (water from the surface). I think I'll add some more sprinkles here and there, some reflections maybe.. donno yet.. fishes and birds r coming up! thnx

Levan, SuperXCM, Luis Di Donna, Aritz, Lo/ast-lamer, Sergey Banityuk, sh@ke, maurodelia, Madlight_1988, THE CLYKE, rawwad: What to say.. thank u VERY much for ur nice words ppl :cheerz:

lynch
11-15-2005, 02:57 AM
nice little ninja i like you stlye very pleasing imagery

NinjaA55N
11-22-2005, 09:42 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1132699321_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1132699321_large.jpg)

Hi guys! Sorry for not stoping in ur threads yet, but I was soooo busy these days. Well, I found an afternoon freetime and "finish" my piece. There will be still some corrections, some last touch ups and details, but all in all I think this is it. The triangle where the submarine comes from, tells what its all about and I think it fits well into the composition, as well as make a border where is sea and where the jungle starts.
Thnx for viewing! :)

beelow
11-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Nice stuff blaz, I like the idea of the the triangle being right there, comp is amazing the lighting is thorough! Do yo thug thizzle!:thumbsup:

FrozZT
11-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi!
It looks great! The triangle look good too, only bad thing with it is that it makes it slightly harder to read that the sub is entering from the sea, on the other hand it makes it alot easier to understand what the whole image is about..

Would be cool if you could put two monkeys in the foreground, maybe on the cliff to the left.. One could be looking on the sub and the other looking at his fellow monkey scratching his head with no understanding of whats going on :p! Stuff like this would, just like the birds bring more life to the image! just a silly suggestion :)

Good luck with your final image and the judging!

Lync
11-22-2005, 10:28 PM
This is a really beautiful image. Great work! I love what you have done with the forest, the lighting, the textures on the sub...

No crits :thumbsup:

Norberg
11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi Blaz!
This turned out so well.
Seems like I missed the story behind this image till now. The triangle alone make you understand what this is. An image like this that donīt need a written explanation is not easy to create, but you did it!

If youīve got the time I like to see some more work on the closest boatwreck. It could be the many highlights or the lack of colorvariation. But there is something that makes it look kind of sketchy compares to the rest. (Does that make any sence?)

Great work anyway!

GonzaloGolpe
11-23-2005, 09:41 AM
A great composition,man:thumbsup:

LexLe
11-23-2005, 09:53 AM
It is class!! :thumbsup:
Hi Blaz! All is very class is made!!
Only what for this shone triangle?
But it can be only my opinion ;)
And so all super!!
I congratulate! :applause:
Good luck buddy!
Excuse for bad English

spacesnail
11-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi Ninja !

I must reconsider my geography lesson !! This a splendid Triangle of Bermudas picture :thumbsup::thumbsup:
It seems you're very very close to the end... so good luck the judging

bakanekonei
11-23-2005, 08:23 PM
man this idea is very cool...i haven't thought about the bermuda triangle in so long. the only thing i think might help your pic at these final stages is a little bit more blue light from the shining triangle on the stuff below. it's a pretty bright intense light and i think it could be illuminating the bottom.

duddlebug
11-23-2005, 08:32 PM
You know that i've been neglecting the challenge a bit (i've been so busy! honest!), so it's a long time since i've looked in. The submarine was hanging in vines last time i dropped by...

But i think this new approach is a great idea. There's some lovely rendering!! The triangle works well too.

I think the jungle needs a bit more foilage on the floor and behind the waterfalls... but you said you're adding more detail... good luck!

Arc80
11-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Sorry to have missed quite an update. Man, this looks insane. AWESOME job bro :bounce: :bounce: :applause: :applause:
I don't know what else you can add. Wonderfull colours and the triangle does work for me too. The birds really added a nice feel of movements. Can't think of anything else to say...

Great piece mate

lynch
11-24-2005, 03:34 AM
looks like your finished already ,i guees it's just needs a few more personal tweaks

SquishMe
11-24-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi there
Fantastic piece, the lighting is great. And you really know how to paint textures.
Well done and good luck.

MichaelZHsee
11-24-2005, 04:33 AM
the way i see it~u have won this thing:thumbsup:

grobouk
11-24-2005, 06:26 AM
thanks for your opinion on my work. I like your picture (original concept, forest is very impressive).
See you soon

Pat-Piper
11-24-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm not sure about the shape of the sub as it looks like the head of a whale. But the picture as a whole is simply GORGEOUS!!

evanfotis
11-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I like the added details, the fish, vegetation etc.:thumbsup:
I'm not sure how the darkened levels comes out.
In my monitor it seems more depressing, and prefer the previous mild contrast which is more underwater-like.

The triangle, seems a bit out of perspective and not aligned vertically to the sub. Also it's too geometric, maybe you can "break" up some spots like diffuse from the water?..

MikeTheHunter
11-24-2005, 01:54 PM
evanfotis is right. The triangle could be less geometric indeed. Asome work! Great work, very subtle details. :thumbsup:

izisilver
11-24-2005, 05:34 PM
I don’t know what to say more ... you done another great job here on CGT. I hope that others will see this too. Very original idea and really good realization! Sedi 5!

You surely have my vote on this challenge!

Squibbit
11-24-2005, 08:48 PM
I like the triangel , but the parrot is grreat!

:bounce:

MrFreeman
11-24-2005, 09:18 PM
:applause: Hey Blaz...really looking great

been working away in my own little world for the last week or so - so apologies for not commenting more often.

Really nice attention to details and lighting and I do like the triangle, though I think it works just as well without as it leaves you wondering how the ship came to be where it is.

Looking forward to seeing the final image at higher resolution :applause: :thumbsup:

wildcory1
11-25-2005, 02:27 AM
This has been good from the start. great perspective and it has a real look that is hard to pull off. I wish you the best of luck. Keep up the great work. Nice work on your web page

Geci
11-25-2005, 07:27 AM
:applause: this is simply beautiful! I love the triangel... I just think there should be rays of light coming out of it... And my personal tuch would be a little green froggy siting in the leafs :)

MichaelCTY
11-25-2005, 01:43 PM
is this sky or sea? I really like sth like this concept,makes people think more
ofcause very skillfull and attractive.. good luck to you:)

My Spectacular:http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=290940

rawwad
11-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Hey, Blaz! Fantastic update, it looks great. I like adding of triangel very much, details looks more fantastic, parots are great too. Week and half to end :bounce:

TeemuR
11-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Wow! It looks really good. Nice atmosphere. I really don't find anything too special to crit. Just some suggestions. The picture seems to be slightly upper weighted. How about if add some stronger highlights on the ground. And maybe you could make wrecked aeroplane's parts smaller to give bigger impression to the submarine..

:thumbsup:

Slav
11-25-2005, 05:41 PM
arg... this might be it... but i say more birds are in order. well its in either case a good way to go. i for one vote on more birds because there is just the one looks occoard alone there. give it a baby bird or something else to eliviate the white bird that is just there out there all on it's own.

zpapageo
11-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey, Blaz. I love how this turned out. The triangle is a great device. The detail and textures are impressive. This is a fantastic piece.

NinjaA55N
11-27-2005, 12:23 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1133054636_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1133054636_large.jpg)

So, this could be the very end of my painting process for this image. I was trying to add more and more elements, but than the pic was already too crouded. So for the last update, I added 2 more flying fraightened parrots, I darken the white kakadu, added some buterflies, made bright spots on the ground and plane (also defined a grass a bit), painted some details to the falling water all over the image and contrasted the sea in the back of the image. So, I hope this is it, I'll sleepover this once more and than probably uplouded tiff file.

I'd like to thank everysingle one of u for ur effort to help me in this thread, for very usefull comments and critics and ofcors for staying around and encourage me thru the process. Thank a lot guys! U r the best :)

GonzaloGolpe
11-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Heyy!!youīve finished it!!:buttrock: :applause: Congrats for your beautiful and spectacular image and good luck,Blaz!!

Zalo

Vahn
11-27-2005, 12:58 AM
grats blaz :applause: its a very good piece that shows off your amazing skill ;)

good luck now :D

alancamara
11-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Wow, impressive work and amazing skill. Congrats :beer:

monsitj
11-27-2005, 04:19 AM
amazing skill as always! you done very good paint job! glad you finished it ! good luck man!

NinjaA55N
11-27-2005, 06:56 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1133078200_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7860/7860_1133078200_large.jpg)

Damn... Im submiting the same image as previously, its just that I just saw I have to put here the describtion of the image as well.

the story:

It was a second World War, the fight was going on near the coast of America and a german battle submarine had been discovered by the enemy forces. They had no choice but to trying to escape from the battlefield so they panically turned the submarine to unknown waters. The captain heard of strange places around here, but in a present situation he didnt think twice, he just wanted to save his ship and a crew from being sank by enemy troops. Soon they managed to escape from persecutors, but they seemed to be lost.. compass stopped working, no other instrument was reliable anymore. And all in a sudden, the water in front of them wasnt water anymore.. The area became green, fishes vanished, a bird flew by the the ship and the ship itself started to falling down. It was like as they got thru some sort of a portal gate, an astonishing blue light was all around the place, for the moment there was a silence that made u stop breathing and all in a sudden they appeared in the middle of a jungle. There were already a lot of chrashed airplanes, ships, submarines, all wrecks with no survivors, with lots of green overflowing them. And the submarine chrashed into the hard ground of an unknown place as well... and nobody ever saw them again.

Sorry for all the mistakes I made in that describtion, I just hope u understand my story abut this image :) And thnx for reading!

mime1
11-27-2005, 10:14 AM
That's a brilliant image. I see lot of hard work put in here. All those subtle details. I'm just wondering if it's "spectacular" enough if you know what i mean. I find it rather moody/romantic scene but it's just probably my understanding of "spectacular" word. Anyway this is beutiful image.

Falcorr
11-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Congratulations! :arteest:

Youre finished. It is a good picture and i think that triangle made it work a little bit better.

I like most of your foliage youve greated in this picture. I also prefer that bottom part a bit more than the upperpart. It has nicer sense of depth and tight color.

See you in the next challenge :beer:

MechaHateChimp
11-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Blaz,

Damn dude, my hats off to you... your image is beautifully done. Ive been staring at it for the last few minutes and Im blown away. Those birds flying amongst that dense foliage... they are a small part of the image but add so much atmosphere. I think my favorite part is how you handled the light and shadows on the sub. I really love the way the light casts those shadows from the leaves on the top front of the sub. The water seeping out from the side of the sub is also a nice touch and goes to show that you seriously put some thought into the details.

I gotta say, Ive felt your idea has been one of the strongest in the challenge. There are definitely some beautifully rendered pieces here, but I feel your image definitely captured what I interpret as what "spectacular" can and should be. Awesome job - Joel

ustuminki
11-28-2005, 03:40 AM
wooww:applause: gooog paiting goood luck

MikeTheHunter
11-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Amazing work. congrats and good luck!

andreasrocha
11-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Congrats Blaz on a wonderful entry! also...great story...

Fahrija
11-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey Blaz,

congrats to the final image. Damn, time goes by fast...havenīt been here for a while. The image turned out great.

fahrija

beelow
11-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Fantastic, finish Blaz, good luck!:thumbsup:

chrom
11-28-2005, 10:09 PM
outstanding work mate congrats

ChrisThatGuy
11-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Looks great. I know I haven't commented yet, but I've been following this one. Good composition and concept.

LexLe
11-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi Blaz !
My congratulations! :)
Fantastic idea (concept), history, color! :thumbsup:
Excellent technics!
Excellent work - one of the best in this competition! :bounce:
Very SPECTACULAR

Screenblind
11-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Excellent lighting and sense of scale. I very much like the way you've pulled this all together with the actual triangle... it spells the idea out much more obviously, but I think that is a good thing as it gives the piece much more impact. Thanks for your support over the course of the challenge... hope to see you around :)

weedlog
12-01-2005, 11:00 AM
I like the lighting in this piece. Very nice atmosphere. Good work.

MVDB
12-05-2005, 08:05 AM
What's left to say here?
Amazing work! Good luck! :thumbsup:

thaisoon
12-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Seriously!! very detailed... nice lighting and texture~

Slav
12-05-2005, 03:37 PM
sniff sniff... i would of gone with more birds but this is wicked mate. just wicked. :)

MichaelZHsee
12-06-2005, 02:28 AM
excellent job blaz:)in my eyes,u win this thing~congratulation to u mate~best of luck:thumbsup:

Jaba153
12-06-2005, 05:27 AM
wish u the best on that judgment day.. ultra good luck your image is one of my favorites in the 2d chal..cheers
jaba

MrFreeman
12-06-2005, 08:23 AM
:thumbsup: Congratulations on finishing Blaz...

Really lovely image and well worth waiting for. Amazing detail and atmosphere

Good luck in the judging and see you in the next challenge :applause: :bounce:

black-hand-77
12-06-2005, 10:24 AM
... and nicely done, too! If there will be a flood, I'll give you a call to embark on your vessel, matey! I like it very much and I wish you good luck! :thumbsup:

Rudeone
12-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Great final piece Blaz, congrats! good luck in the voting my friend :thumbsup:

Tranchefeux
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi, very beautiful technique and good environment good luck. E.T

Atris
12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi! I admire your work by its mysterious atmosphere! The really great job! Congratulations! Good luck! :)

CryingHorn
12-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Absoulutly stunning! The idea and realization is outstanding, I'm really impressed :drool:

Lovas
12-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Great work, buddy. I wish your excellent illustration gets the deserved high place!

TheFirstAngel
12-07-2005, 12:45 AM
congrats on your beautifull final! love the piece! best of luck on the finals and keep on rocking! :buttrock::beer:

MichaelZHsee
12-07-2005, 02:03 AM
wonderfully done blaz,the environment and the atmostphere are at the utmost quality and mysteriously rendered~congrates on finishing buddy~wish u the best of luck in the finals:thumbsup:

zpapageo
12-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Congratulations, again, man. This is a really excellent piece.

beelow
12-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the support Blaz, much appreciated, I got mines in. Roberts the man! I love this Idea! You will get placed if not get an honorable mention, congrats on a spectacular piece!:thumbsup: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Nomad
12-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Exellent final image, I love the mood which you created with the light beams :thumbsup:

Good luck in the final vote :beer:

Ducklator
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
excellent final image.... all the best in the juding.... good luck:thumbsup:

botho81
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I looked through many final images, but yours is definitely the most
"attractive" one. And your theme is also great. See you around and good luck.
regards

Arc80
12-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Congrats BLAZ!!! One of my favorite pieces in this challenge. Definately saving this as a wallpaper bro. Thanks for the support on my thread and i'll see you again at the next challenge... or just see you around the the network, hehehe.

cheers and have a happy holiday :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:

Korline
12-07-2005, 11:13 PM
great concept beatifully render :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
very cool light :buttrock:
good luck

PSych
12-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Congrats on finishing Blaz... :bounce:
What can I say... absolutly spectacular:bowdown:
Good luck in the voting .

LexLe
12-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi BLaz! Very very nice work! :thumbsup: I've come just to wish you a good luck in judgment process!
SPECTACULAR!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
GO to Victory!

tuck
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Wow!! That is just wonderful!

Congratulations for finish.

Good luck:thumbsup:

sirBS
12-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Blaz, I very much like your picture! It has mood! And at you excellent technics!:thumbsup:

HamsterFly
12-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Blaz ! your picture is Great ! love the story and composition !
very impressive art skills ! one of the best in challenge !
good luck to you ! :thumbsup:

duddlebug
12-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Congratulations on getting the final image submitted, blaz! And what a final image!

It's beautifully rendered and i love the lighting. The combination of fish and birds gives it a surreal feel. And the arrangement of the broken bits in the bottom left give a real flow to the image.

Good luck!

Fish-KAart
12-09-2005, 03:36 PM
:) Tremendous work! In a big way. Makes strong impression!:thumbsup:
Your art-me very much to like! And this-very work strong!!!:buttrock:
I congratulate you on successful final work and I wish good luck and a victory!:applause:

sirBS
01-14-2006, 11:02 AM
This work, as well as some others, not noticed juries, in my opinion, deserve a prize.

GonzaloGolpe
01-14-2006, 11:11 AM
This work, as well as some others, not noticed juries, in my opinion, deserve a prize.

I agree with Sergey:)

NinjaA55N
01-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Thnx for support guys. Means a lot to me :) And congratulations once again for ur entries as well, I wish I could see ur pieces among the winners as well. Cya in next challenge!

LexLe
01-20-2006, 07:05 AM
I agree with to Gonzalo Golpe and Sergey Banityuk
Unequivocally you should were be in prize-winners
good luck and I hope we see each other in later challenges as well!
Yours faithfully LexLe :)

Velarion
02-01-2006, 10:41 PM
what a great look and mood..

noggin
02-09-2006, 09:57 AM
awesome underwater composition! love the depth

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 09:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.