View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Brouty Stéphane

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

monks
11-26-2005, 04:31 PM
very impressive work, really specatcular ! :thumbsup:

janimatic
11-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree!
as i said at the beginning you deserve to be the winner!

edit :
i guess you know it, but it would be nice to see the roots bending more , to give the feeling of the main force , central in the picture!
I think you should focus on this now, all the remaining parts are superb!

makaron
11-26-2005, 04:42 PM
my thought about the dust around the rots are... arn´t it to dusty?... the enviorment is green and lush... shouldn´t it be more like gravel? otherwise... this image impresses me, I feel strong and powerfull myself when I see it... :p

Lemog
11-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Long minutes watching your last picture Cadet...

First thing... the mood is really interesting... but appear with lot of different colors of mood... some browns very brown, some greens very green, violet sky very violet... we can't really feel the influence of a real global mood... you have a great contrast between strong parts of your scene, but especially give by these differences of hard coloring... you must adjust these tones to find another time a part of the color mood inside all these different parts, all affected by the mood... I hope you understand well my feeling... I think it's the way to have something with more life, less cold, less virtual.

I find the idea of "Project_Omega" about ends of roots very interesting, very enriched for your pic... of course, if you can manage this time-addition.

In any case, your work here is fantastic... an amount of work with lot of technical problems that you can solve... it's the most important, and you can be already very proud of you Cadet... :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-28-2005, 10:26 AM
@ the best : thx man :bounce:

@ funkyboss : merci beaucoup :thumbsup:

@ daWinky : hey Danke schön Sabrina :love: the only thing about is, that the tree seems to cut the sky in two parts...the white and the dark one, perhaps take away a little contrast

Well in fact I was looking for this kind of look , but thinking about that and viewing it yesterday, I found it "too much" too obvious ... so I tried to reduce that , desaturating colors... mmh final ? well I'm afraid to report that for another couple of days, I will take some time to fix the roots area...

@ denverbz : Thx Alan, really cheering :)

@ Project_Omega : Hi, first of all thank you for taking time to do this , I really appreciate your help, and don't worry I don't mind at all for the paintover. Second of all , I had a long long thoughts about this thing you're pointing up... I was really hesitating between the fact I was almost done, I was about to close the challenge, but your post's pointing something really interesting here , and of course so true...So I decided to give it a try anyway...now I just hope that It won't take me too long to solve this...Thx again !

@ mmoir : thx Mike for kind of words, and yes you're right for the fingertips... In fact I 've originally planned to make the tree/character interaction better , but the lack of time and the lot of computer issues scared me a lot and I had to leave it like this , and now I'm afraid to not be able to change that if I want to rework the roots area.... So sorry to disappoint you here, but at this stage of the challenge , I guess we have to make some hard choice to finish in time and as Vampeta said , I don't want to upload the final in the last minute...So hope you don't mind , I really appreciate your help, Thanks very much....

@ vampeta : Hey Alex , thx a bunch for your constant support ! you know how much I'm a fan of your work and I'm really honored that you're following this. And the final's coming soon as you said I don't want to wait the last minute ,so I hope I will fix the roots area in the middle of this week...thx again my friend :)

@ monks : thx a lot :bounce:

@ janimatic : Thank you so much ! winner ?? no no no, lot of people around have made a so much better work than mine , plus this one is suffering a lot of issues so... But I just trying to do my best , and I'm very happy you like it . I 'm about now to try to fix the roots area. Thx again.

@ makaron : Thx Mon'... I agree with you for the dust. I've planned better things for that part , like tiny rocks ... but now I guess I'm bit late , so I'm afraid I won't be able to include that...I've reduce the dust opacity... maybe it's less shocking...
I feel strong and powerfull myself when I see it...
Just because you are :)

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent. For the colors I was sure that you will say that , and to be honnest I absolutely agree with you and I really don't want that "arc-en-ciel" kind of look. In the following picture I tweaked the global saturation , reduced the opacity of the purple ambient , hope I'm getting better here.
For the roots I decided to give it a try , I don't know how I could do it but I will try ... paintFX ? faces extrusion ?... well I will see. Thx again for your help Laurent !

Zapan
11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133173704_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133173704_large.jpg)

Some color correction ... less saturated..Is that better ? Now I will try to fix the roots issue...

ThierryS
11-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi Steph,
Good idea to work further those roots. There's one thing I find a little disturbing, and maybe I'm coming too late with this comment, but I find the tree to make a clear separation between the white sky and the dark one. Is this intended? It would IMHO read better if it was still a bit clearer behind you main character. Like this the silhouette of the tree and the guy would be more detached from the sky.
Just a thought... keep it going like this :thumbsup: :)

Lemog
11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I can shut my mouth now... the new version is really better...

mmmh... wait a minute... I come back woth a last idea... :wise:

monsitj
11-28-2005, 11:28 AM
I like the new version! your work is great and truely spectacular ! some point you can add is now the root of tree don't look like it just come from the ground , maybe you can add mud or soil particle fall from it or some soil that attach to some part of the root! hope you can finish it on time dude! good job so far! happy rendering !:thumbsup:

Lemog
11-28-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm permit myself to paintover your creation... I'm sorry... but it's the better way to illustrate my words and my thoughts... new camera framing... not really changing, but I think more place at left give more breath to your composition... that exprim better and also stronger the action, and the effort... (and move a little the stone at righ, to closed the sight in this part...)

and of course, as mentioned by Monsit... some particles of wood, mud, etc... to give the effort more visible...

...and a little amplified the mood... not so much, but while adding a kind of yellow-blue range, at the top-left to the low-right...

If this picture can give you more ideas to increase your already great picture, I will be happy...

seeya Cadet :thumbsup:

http://lemog.club.fr/lemog/mayalounge/divers/zapan.jpg

Gunilla
11-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey Mr, SpeedySnail!
Last update is really magnificient, much better with the less saturated parts :thumbsup: As for tiny rocks and stuff, since you have no time to do them in Maya, perhaps just add some in Photoshop? ... do you hate me now for suggesting this? :)

I also totally agree with Laurent for the new framing ... good thing, you have a whole week left. This is getting super-mega-good, so just keep tweaking :bounce::love:

Lemog
11-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Of course Gunie... if there's not enough time, all can be made in Photoshop... :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-28-2005, 01:12 PM
@ thierry2005 : Hi Thierry ! Good point here about the sky ... Well I will try to make corrections in that way , thx a lot for your help.

@ monsitj : Hi Monsit , thx man , and yeah lot of good ideas for the roots , I'll try to do all this stuff, thx ....

@ Lemog/Gunilla : Thx a lot both ! :bounce: Great picture Laurent and I really like it like that, and obviously it works better ... So I'm on for this frame ... But now the point is : How I will do it... I could tweak that in PS , but I'm not sure I will be able to make it as good as you did... so I guess the better solution is to redo the rendering process... I guess it will make more sense besides I need to render the tree again anyway with the roots parts so... I just hope now that it will take me less time to render all this stuff...and if not, I guess I still have this previous one to upload, if everything's not going well. Ahaha , the snailing time is still not for me right now :scream: ...

do you hate me now for suggesting this?
Of course I do ! now I have to get better with photoshop , geez I hate you for that and everybody for always pushing me up to make myself better and learn new things...:scream:

Lemog
11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
You can only render the new things of the left part and composite the result with your previous rendering... nothing complicated... you have only addition on the roots, nothing more... and you need only a simple background... the remaining rendering part can work easily in your new compositing... you can do it Cadet... I give you a part of the Lemog's Force (I don't know if it's a good idea today :scream: hahahaha)... Go Steph... that can be easy for you... that must be :thumbsup:
It's not the technical the most important now... you must be efficient... it's not a shame to finish the picture in Photoshop... the most important remain the result... and now... your result must be perfect... we're waiting you... go to work now :buttrock:

daWinky
11-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi Stéphane,

wonderful work, as I said before:) ! And I love your less saturated version even more:thumbsup: ...also a good thing to make the dust more transparent... With this version in your pocket, I think nothing could go wrong if you render something more in the direction of Laurent's suggestion. As you already said, you want to render the tree again with the reworked roots...so nothing to loose, but another chance to win! :bounce: :bounce: . Happy rendering:) !

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I give you a part of the Lemog's Force (I don't know if it's a good idea today :scream: hahahaha)... Go Steph... that can be easy for you... that must be :thumbsup:

And if the Lemog Force is not enough ( of course it is!) - I add, say 95% of my Gunilla Force to it ( just have workstuff to do today). So now, go on like Laurent suggests :thumbsup:

Oh - and I hate you too - for the same reasons :D

makaron
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
now Mr.Snail, you go on as you told by the others, in photoshop, be a good boy and work hard :bounce:

monsitj
11-28-2005, 01:47 PM
ัsuperLemog is definiteyly right! If you already render in Highresolution , don't render it again , I think the image you did at this stage is awesome and lemog suggestion about framing is great too ! just render the part that extend from your first frame and invest time to experiment with photoshop !:thumbsup:

I like the bloom effect of light tht shine through the tree , you can add it easily in photoshop , copy the layer , add blur to new layer , change new layer mode to screen or color dodge or etc... my suggest is play with layer mode and blur , contrast ,thing change it until you like the result , maybe lemog can help you in detail , your image is awesome , I just want to see it in best as it can go ! good luck !

agou
11-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Beautiful picture! The work on compositing is pretty good!
I love this scene.
come on, steph-lors-of-snails, it is final render isn'it?:bounce:

funkyboss
11-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Nothing to add to other advices.
It is the final lap, keep up the good work and don't loose too many time.
Go straight!!:thumbsup:
You've already made a masterpiece, there is little things to do . Good luck dude!!
Cheers

Zapan
11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
@ Lemog : Well I guess It will be better to render the whole thing again , because the tree needs to be rendered anyway , the ground too... I guess it will be more clean to with all the layers passes... But yeah lots of things could be correct with PS... and thank you for the Lemog's force , with that it have to be a great thing !!! :scream:

go to work now

............................. (I'm already left )

@ daWinky : Thx Sabrina so nothing to loose, but another chance to win!

Ouh I like that ! :scream: ...

@ Gunilla : I add, say 95% of my Gunilla Force to it
Am I producing bubbles now ? ahaha.... thank you sweety !

@ Makaron : yes mommy !!

@ monsitj : Thx Monsit , I will try to do everything to not let you down guys , thx a lot for all your great advices and help !

@ agou : ahah thx Sophie , and no , that is not the final pic, Master Lemog has spoken and as a young padawan , the laziness can't beat the wisdom :scream: ....Thx for your support , final as soon as possible.

Zapan
11-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Nothing to add to other advices.
It is the final lap, keep up the good work and don't loose too many time.
Go straight!!:thumbsup:
You've already made a masterpiece, there is little things to do . Good luck dude!!
Cheers

Thank you ... let's go now !

madshooter
11-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Composition looks great dude:thumbsup: just few finishing touchups and then the final image:bounce: :bounce:

antone-m
11-28-2005, 07:18 PM
waiting for the final :thumbsup:

makaron
11-29-2005, 09:22 AM
are you going for the wider scene? :arteest:

ihamid
11-29-2005, 09:42 AM
hi Zapan... the renderings are excellent :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ! and doin the renders again i see! this will come out even nicer!

alvin-cgi
11-29-2005, 10:01 AM
nice job, I can feel the force...:)

jddog
11-29-2005, 12:07 PM
j'adore ! congrats the new version rock really !
jdd

Gunilla
11-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Still stuck with the new renderings? Is the machine tame? Will he finish on time?
Where will you place the bubbles?

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/clown.gif

DimitrisLiatsos
11-29-2005, 03:16 PM
.....Where will you place the bubbles?

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/clown.gif

Yeah..iwanted to ask that too...i like the new version and other friends here said...don't render anything again...photoshop is your friend...(not mine though....LOL)....

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :bounce:

Zapan
11-29-2005, 03:53 PM
@ madshooter : Thx a lot Roshan... and then the final image :bounce:

@ the best : me too ahaha :scream:

@ makaron : yep , I guess so... well I will show it and maybe you guys will tell me which one is better although I think I already know the answer...

@ yunisirees : Thx Hamid very glad you like it ! (and now the scary spider is your avatar ? hard to type with a hand in front of my eyes :D )

@ alvin_cgi : hey thx !!

@ jddog : thx a lot Julien !

@ Gunilla : Some really good questions... nope renders are over now, yep my pc turns out to be a goooood pet...mmmh yep the final soon ... I hope... bubbles ? just tell me where I should put them and I do it...:) GLOP !

EDIT : Cutest clown ever haha...

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Geez I didn't think about It... hold on ! I move the camera and redo the render process again with bubbles :D GLOP GLOP...

daWinky
11-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm waiting impatiently for the new renders...:bounce: , crossing my fingers for you that all is fine now. Good luck with your photoshop work:) !

-sabrina

makaron
11-29-2005, 05:11 PM
well I will show it and maybe you guys will tell me which one is better although I think I already know the answer...

perfect, I just love voting :p looking forward to it..
and I gonna eat a lot of peanuts, maybe I grow up to a big strong treepulling woman, or? what´s the recepie to be so strong? :)

Gunilla
11-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Any Place is the Right Place for Bubbles :D

And you better hurry up with that update or you'll be hit by The Spam Team!!

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/spammer.gif

Zapan
11-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Ahaha you girls are the best !! :love:

@ daWinky : Danke schön Sabrina ... if I not snail too much this evening , I will show you that tomorrow.... I promise... I hope....maybe...:D

@ makaron : recipie ? well you need to eat a lot of peanuts, be young , love pets, and love spam other threads.... hey wait a minute , you do all those things !! :eek: ... Go outside a try to pull up a tree to see ... and send me the picture...:scream: ...

@ Gunilla : [trash talk mode on]
And you better hurry up with that update or you'll be hit by The Spam Team!!

Oh yeah ? should I be scared ? I would be really curious to see that :twisted:

Gunilla
11-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah ? should I be scared ? I would be really curious to see that :twisted:

BOAHAHAHA - You asked for it! Are you ready team? :twisted:

I will put the team to follow up on this since I'm off to a long realaxing bath :)

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bath.gif

makaron
11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I´m ready... spammode on: http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/smile/shy.gif

Zapan
11-29-2005, 06:21 PM
AHAHAHA :scream:

Ok Mona let's bet , I bet that Gunilla will come out her bath like an Alien ... or maybe Godzilla...

daWinky
11-29-2005, 06:28 PM
BOAHAHAHA - You asked for it! Are you ready team? :twisted:

Hehe, of course I'm ready too! :bounce:
But wait a minute...I read the rules, so no senseless spamming here...:p .

Just go and work at your final...no more fooling around here, no more fun until we see a result, cadet! Work now!:deal:

-sabrina

makaron
11-29-2005, 06:29 PM
*chewing peanuts* and thinking... but my nick in real life is UFO, so she must be Godzilla then... :cool: haha
and if I eat a lot of peanuts, maybe, maybe I could brake a little tiny twig, but not ever pull a tree by the roots...

hi Sabrina. :wavey: I´m not spaming, :blush: I´m try to figure out how to pull up a tree...
and BTW Zapan, are you gonna try to get those little stones by the roots in with PS?

Zapan
11-29-2005, 07:31 PM
@ daWinky : Oh no no no that's terrible , I want to spam , even if it's my own thread http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/poster_spam.gif

......... ..... ....... ........
Ok you win I'm going back to work http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/sadangel.gif.... ahaha :scream:

@ makaron : UFO ? no , ahaha...wait .... too many jokes... I have to spam....but I promised to Sabrina...arf it's hard....

and BTW Zapan, are you gonna try to get those little stones by the roots in with PS?

And now I hate you too !! Hahaha.... Ok Sabie don't kick me ! I'm leaving....

rattlesnake
11-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Hello mate, well this image is looking very cool at the new test, but i think there aare some very good sugestions , maybe u can experiment some...anyway this is a great work and i will be waiting to see the amazing final!..youre close friend!:bounce:

Lemog
11-30-2005, 05:33 AM
Well... spam doesn't appear very good for the productivity... no update here... no new renders... no news ? :scream: go Cadet... and take care to my "serious mode" :twisted:

gardogg
11-30-2005, 05:50 AM
WHOA! The blowing leaves, dark sky background, motion blur, lighting, and camera angle have brought this to life! I am amazed by how well this has come along. Very dramatic and nice composition as well:thumbsup:

makaron
11-30-2005, 05:53 AM
maybe mr Snail fall a sleep in the shadow of his tree.. where is the updates... :bounce:

daWinky
11-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Hmm, I hope Stéphane worked all the night and will surprise us soon with his "near final"...:wise:

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-30-2005, 08:05 AM
Naah, I think he just went back into snail mood - let's see if some notorious posting (see I don't use the word spam!) can wake him up :scream:

Zapan
11-30-2005, 08:15 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133338550_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133338550_large.jpg)

Zapan
11-30-2005, 08:19 AM
@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge , yep some really good suggestions so I tried them up .... what do you think ?

@ Lemog : nyark nyark :twisted: :scream:

@ gardogg : Thx a lot Gary :bowdown:

@ makaron : nyark nyark :twisted: :scream:

@ daWinky : nyark nyark :twisted: :scream:

@ Gunilla : nyark nyark :twisted: :scream: .... GLOP.

@ THE SPAM TEAM : NYARK NYARK !!!

oh and btw good morning everyone ... coffe now....

daWinky
11-30-2005, 08:22 AM
You've been busy, I was right...;) . And with a great result, love this one...nothing to add, just:thumbsup: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)! It seems you can join the club of finished entries soon, and then of course spamming around, joking and having fun is allowed for you too...:cool:

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Looking lovely! The new framing does a lot for the comp!
If I can wish for something it would be to bring back dome of the purple tone in the right area of the skay - plus the Photoshop small stones.
Go on, you can do it! This is really SUPERMEGAYOINKS now :arteest:

Oh yeah, and once you're finished - you can take your place in the Spam Team, you've earned it :D

Lemog
11-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Almost perfect mate... just need some little particles of stones-pebbles-mud at left... where are the roots... to show the pulling up :thumbsup: and give more action, and why not, as suggered by mummy... more purple at right...

And after that, the spamming cession can start :scream:

Bravo Steph... a good project management here... I'm very proud of you... now... it's sure... I can stop 3d :arteest:

Project_Omega
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Great work, it's looking really nice. A little tip, the lower left part of the ground in the new frame look's a bit naked, maybe some stone or mud? Anyway superb :thumbsup:.

rattlesnake
11-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey man, i really love how it looks now..very cool!, maybe more leaves flying around, not really necessary but a personal point of view...i feel that it needs some more particles (flying things) on the left, snall ones...but wow looks very impressive:thumbsup:

Zapan
11-30-2005, 11:59 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133351969_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133351969_large.jpg)

Almost final ?

Zapan
11-30-2005, 12:04 PM
@ daWinky : Thx a lot Sabrina and... and .... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

@ Gunilla : SUPERMEGAYOINKS ? that's a YOINKS compliment !! :blush:

@ Lemog : :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

@ Project_Omega : Thx a lot for having push me to do this I'm really happy of the result and I'm very glad you like it ....thx again

@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge , I tried to do all those things , what do you think mate ? Thx a bunch for your help mate ....

makaron
11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
I really like the sky now :bounce: nyark nyark ...

jddog
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
:eek: wow chapeau ! taht's really a great mood on the scene !
jdd

daWinky
11-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Almost final ?

Yes, I really think you're there:) ! Your little additions are coming along very good, and the new/old purple haze adds a lot to the overall mood:thumbsup: ! Nothing to crit from me...wait for the masters, but from me: ok for uploading:bounce: :bounce: ! You can be really eased now and of course proud of this great scene! :cool:

-sabrina

evanfotis
11-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Nice image!:thumbsup:
I think the sky on the right side lowerleft could have some lighter strokes to match a bit with the left side and not be two completely separate bgs.
Also some suble lighter or darker horizontal gradiation, from the grass upward to give some perspectve to it, not to be flat...
Something else, I hope its not too late now...
When trees are "unrooted", they usually have some soil/dirt debris on their roots; not clean nice roots... and the grass which is on the surface might have opened up near the area of the tree. Have a look at some Asterix where Ovelix does his favourite thing with trees:D

Just a thought...

Zapan
11-30-2005, 03:11 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133363495_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1133363495_large.jpg)

Human being : pride , dignity , he's always trusting only himself, his self strength... because with his great brain, thoughts, power, muscles, nothing appears impossible for him. This fantastic gift to control his environnement , makes him think he rules his world... He's the most precious life on earth , and he has to prove it, even for his own pleasure, because he's spectacular...

The tree is more the nature itself, no goals , no actions , no power , no control , just being here , playing his only role, feeding people arounds , trying to survive , living with time.

So what's happening when the first guy meet nature, maybe he could thank her for giving him his life, maybe he could dance around and pray for saving it forever... no , because he must show HE rules the earth...nothing's impossible for him, because he's spectacular...

well , he has unroot the tree, and then , what's the matter ? just one more tree on the floor... only a hole instead ... no more animals around , no life , everybody's running away from a dead tree ? everybody, everythings 's running away from the guy... because he's spectacular...

Gunilla
11-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Congratulations Steph! :bounce::bounce:

You've done a truly spectacular image here, with lots of content in the idea and very well executed. Remarkable job, really :thumbsup:
It's been a pleasure following this ... so now, what is left is to wish Good Luck!

You can be really proud of this, it's one of the top entries for sure :scream:

Hey- I was first to congratulate you! :bounce:

Zapan
11-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi everybody ...

I guess this is it ! One time have to call that a finished work.
My first goal in this challenge , was to finish it ... so I guess I've won at least this battle against myself and to be honnest It wasn't obvious... I learn a lot during all this amazing experience , in every steps of his creation and I guess I've grown up... well a cg way...
Besides I've meet many , many incredible people around who help me, support me.... So this challenge is even much better that I could imagine...

I want to thank you all , my great friends for all your help, support, advices, laugh...

Gunilla
Lemog
makaron
gpepper
the best
daWinky
3rd user
denverbz
jddog
scootermaya
rattlesnake
gardogg
madshooter
thierry2005
agou
suk-grigorij
flaeticia
Poonks
yunisirees
monsitj
DimitrisLiatsos
Elendil le Grand
DaddyMack
vampeta
Yongkiat
collings
JamesMK
authentic
Climax
Reiv
dvelasco
sergioKomic
CUBISIS
mmoir
GI-JOe2k
nebezial
ace4016
overcontrast
Andy H
funkyboss
mireneye
Digital Rebellion
Ramtin moom
janimatic
the1st angel
Adriano Zanetti
Nakary
Fredy
evanfotis
frenzymedia
alfy
Project Omega
Kid Mesh
monks
fourche
cg219
andreja
Gus clifton
Madlight 1988
steno70
BobbEr
Rotab3D
Sinister
Junpei
superslug
Spin99
Lordrych
2xbo
Zongo
fgcity
visualact.com
kmest
alex.h.
Blackunicorn
TomerEp
tarekmax
CG-AvangarD
BigMachine
AIR
Swamps
gavin youl
Donsam
medunecer
Deankovitch
pitiwazou
Le-Go
Grorum
Ranz Cross
Mr. Luddite
charles magne
Red Plague
jmturbo
creatingreal
CarlWhal
beelow
Maxter
ali rahimi 3d
Mr Micro26
AmazingC
Malanjo
eYadNess
Hiha Pdychose
Ivars
SweD
guruy
alvin cgi
shaolin
enialadam

....'I really hope I've wrote down everybody, no one forget ?

Thx a million to all of you nothing could have been done without you, Thx to all the cgsociety for this great event , good luck to everyone , and I really really hope to see you next time, to share this marvelous time with you all once again.... thank you
now I'm gonna upload the tiff :D

Zapan
11-30-2005, 03:45 PM
@ makaron : NYARK ! ahaha Thx a lot Mona for everything....

@ jddog : Thx a lot monsieur Julien :bowdown:

@ evanfotis : Thx a lot man , you know a lot of things are still weird to me , but I guess I need to stop one day and say maybe this one could be the finished one , otherwise , I would tweak stuff forever , without maybe get that better. So I hope you understand my feeling here , and the picture pleases you a bit anyway... Thx a lot

@ Gunilla : Ahaha , I've no word to say How much I'm happy now , first finished picture ever, have met some really nice people like you .... thx a million Gunilla
Hey- I was first to congratulate you!

Why am I not surprise ? :scream:

daWinky
11-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Finally.... the final picture!

:bounce: Congratulation:bounce:

You've made an amazing picture, Stéphane! Nothing more to say, you know how much I like it!:)

Enjoy the "I have finished"-feeling! All the best wishes for you and your entry!:)

-sabrina

makaron
11-30-2005, 03:50 PM
You did it... :bounce:
in a spectacular way too... :bounce::bounce:
with a really nice story to a really nice image...:bounce::bounce::bounce:

NYARK ! monsieur Zapan... :thumbsup:

GI-JOe2k
11-30-2005, 04:11 PM
yeah man, CONGRATULATION for ya final picture :thumbsup:

jddog
11-30-2005, 04:12 PM
BRAVO!

You did a very well work an a really great concept... ça arrache... hee heuuu ouaip... ça arrache c'est le mot... hahahaha !

Congratulation :beer: + :bowdown:

jdd

Poonks
11-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Congratulations my friend....:arteest:

Enfin une de finie.... on espère qu'il y'en auras d'autres des comme çà..:argh:

Good luck...
:beer:

sergioKomic
11-30-2005, 04:55 PM
congrats!:cool:

monsitj
11-30-2005, 05:00 PM
congratulation man! you done it! my favourite in this challenge! :beer: good luck :cool:

Lemog
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
It's done Stéphane... and it's a great one..

-- CONGRATULATIONS --

You can be satisfied of your result my friend... a good story with a very good end... a end with a masterpiece... it's the principal.

Your image is really beautiful... very strong subject associated to a great mood, that give something very impressive and finally, sensitive :arteest:

I would planed the best for you, in the next step... with judging time :thumbsup:

You're a guy to follow :bounce:

authentic
11-30-2005, 05:40 PM
congrats for final picture :thumbsup:

ThierryS
11-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey, fantastic work you've achieved, Steph! :applause: very happy to see this piece finished. Congrats man you can relax and watch now. Have a cocktail too if you want hehe!

Well, I'll be waiting to see more artworks from you man, it will be worth the waiting.
See you also at the next challenge, and all my best for the voting.

See ya around :cool: :thumbsup:

gpepper
11-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Bah ça le fait vraiment mon p'tit gars !
Ravi de faire parti du "snailrubbersuit f%&cking crew of hell" !
beau job là dessus et content de t'avoir un peu aiguiller parfois... :bounce:

It really rocks a lot my friend !
Happy to be part of the "snailrubbersuit f%&cking crew of hell" !
Nice job on it and I was happy to help U sometimes !

antone-m
11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
congrats mate I`am very happy for u now :thumbsup:

rattlesnake
11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
hey mate...no doubt here u have a great art work, the mood is very nice, and elements were modeled and textured close to perfection, very good result on your final entry, congratulations man!

Zapan
11-30-2005, 08:26 PM
@ daWinky : Hey Sabrina thx a lot for all your help , advices and support during all the challenge... And yeah that's a really weird feeling , didn't completly realise it yet...but I'm celebrating this correctly : pizza/beer weeee!! :scream: .... Thx again Sabrina...

@ makaron : NYARK ! NYARK !:scream: thx a lot Mon' for all your support , your clear votes and the fact you're always in a good mood , or should I say in a GP mood :scream: !!!............. NYARK

@ GI-JOe2k : Hey thx my friend !!

@ jddog : Hahaha Thx a lot Julien , bah ca arrache la tienne explose tout alors :scream: ...

@ Poonks : Ahaha thx a lot my friend ... oh ca va il en faut bien une pour lancer les autres...

@ sergioKomic : thx man :beer:

@ monsitj : Thx alot Monsit :bowdown:

@ Lemog : Ah Laurent ... well as I said before nothing could have be done without you !!! I'm really honored for all your help and support , Thank you so much :bowdown:

@ authentic : Thx a lot Vincent !

@ thierry2005 : Thx a lot Thierry for all your help and support ... , cocktail ? ahah, well I'm already working on that , area where I'm not snailing ahaha ...
And no problem ,as you, check sometimes my signature , I will put all my futur work in there, maybe soon , I've already some ideas...

@ gpepper : Hey thx a lot Gilles , and are you kidding , you help me a lot , Thank you so much for that !!

@ the best : Thx a lot for all your help man :thumbsup:

rdxace
11-30-2005, 08:27 PM
really liked the concept! some real good potential here..

Zapan
11-30-2005, 08:29 PM
@ rattlesnake : Hey thx a lot for kinf of words Jorge , I'm very glad like it ,and thx for all your great support and everything ... best wishes for you too mate !

vampeta
12-01-2005, 07:50 AM
DAM :banghead: i missed this great Moment when you are posting your final:cry:üähhhhhhh

snif... but now looking at this it has totaly blown my mind:eek::buttrock:

Great work Friend!
Something realy spectacular and very cool... and of course something without any voilence, explosions, cars, planes... something new! Great!

I´m very sure thast you will be under the top 10 with this one.
Congratulations my friend!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JamesMK
12-01-2005, 09:58 AM
This turned out great, Stéphane :thumbsup:

Cleanly focused on the spectacular event, and a beautiful composition with a subtle cinematic feel. Very good!

scootermaya
12-01-2005, 10:06 AM
super cool man ! I like it a lot. :bounce: :love:

funkyboss
12-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Very great final picture!! Can't say anything else:applause:
Good luck mate!

Dbeyond
12-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Awesome indeed! What a strong bulker!:bounce:

alancamara
12-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi my friend, :bounce:C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S:bounce: mate, i love this work. You to broach a character of the strongest man, really i love this.The atmosphere on the scene like the modeling, ligthing and the texture really amazing, I'm happy that you have finished your master piece, Congratulations again my friend, good luck :applause: :applause: :applause: :bounce::bounce:

Zapan
12-01-2005, 02:38 PM
@ rdxace : thx a lot ! :thumbsup: :bounce:

@ vampeta : Hey Alex , thx a lot my friend , I'm so glad you like the final... I don't know what I would do if you not... :blush: :thumbsup: :bounce: Thx for all your great support ...

@ JamesMK : Hey Thx alot James , :bowdown: :bowdown:

@ scootermaya : Ahah, Thx a lot Michel ... What's next ? :deal:

@ funkyboss : Thx a lot mate !

@ Dbeyond : Thx a lot mate !

@ denverbz : Hey Alan , thx a lot my friend .. for the words , support, everything...

:cry: it's finished...
I feel weird since this morning...
No update to make , no spam, ... that's sad ...
Well I guess I need to start another thing or ... or still spam others threads , especially those who doesn't finish ... yes that's good, that's the plan :D

Nomad
12-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Verry nice image :applause: you`ve done a great job :thumbsup:

madshooter
12-01-2005, 07:55 PM
:beer: Congratulations for your final image Dude:applause: :applause: :applause: Awesome job,
modeling, texturing and lighting:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: . Overall great job:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now relax, have some rest and :beer:

melkao
12-01-2005, 08:48 PM
wow is really cool the final progres since the last time i see you

Zapan
12-02-2005, 08:14 AM
@ Nomad : thx man , glad you like it.

@ madshooter : Hey thx Roshan for kind words, and thx for all your great support and help.

@ melkao : thx man , glad you like it.

:wavey: thx everyone for all your great support , good luck to everybody who haven't finish yet and I hope to see you all again very soon.

(o)ne
12-02-2005, 09:10 AM
what a pity - I missed the process..but I like the final a lot, Congratulations:thumbsup:

Gunilla
12-02-2005, 10:47 AM
So, let's see ... it's been maore than a day I spammed here! Have to do something about that, haven't I? :D
Are you really saying this is your first finished image ever!?:eek: Just saw you mention that - if so it's amazing!

And also a hint that it might be time to change name to "Lazy snail" haha - oupps, sorry - You did finish this one!

Lemog
12-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I profit of the last message of Gunie to spam again, and also to congratulate you for a second time... cause I'm sure that this first finishing image will be the first of an enormous quantity of finished masterpieces...
I had the same experience there's many years in a "3dvf challenge" now... my first finished picture.

I will hope to see all your next creation, and follow your progression... and if I can again, I will try to always push you... you're really talentuous... and your progression in this challenge was Spectacular ;)

If you start a WIP elsewhere, doesn't forget to PM me or to mail me the link... I could still spammed you :scream:

Zapan
12-02-2005, 01:19 PM
@ (o)ne : Hey thx a lot man , I'm very glad you like it !

@ Gunilla : HI !! :wavey:

it's been maore than a day I spammed here! Have to do something about that, haven't I?

Ahaha , Yeah that miss me ... :)
Yes that's true , It's my very first finished picture ever... Actually because I start a lot of things , always some ideas pop in my mind , and somehow later boring me a little... that's probably why I'm way much better comfortable on modeling than the other parts... But with this challenge , I learn a lot , especially in these others parts like textures, lighting, render pass ( thx to pink wabbit for that :D )...and all these areas are so much funnier than I thought they would be... So I guess I'm ready to complete every single futur work.... YAY !

Lazy snail ? , sure :scream: except I think it's two words for the same idea....
And you're most welcomed to spam anywhere , anytime...:bounce:

@ Lemog : and thank you a lot again Laurent , for all these great compliments :bowdown:
You're so right I learn so much things during all these challenge , because of you and all the people around here. When I started the challenge I would never thoughts I will have so much support and help from all these great and talented people... I still can't believe it...

And sure , all my futur wip and finished work (I know now I can do it ahah) I 'll post here, they ' ll go in my signature and I'll PM you ... And of course as Gunilla and everybody here , It will be a real pleasure to be spammed a bit again ahaha :scream: ... anywhere, anytime !

Thx again my dear friends :bowdown: you guys rock !!

mmoir
12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Brouty ,

Great final image:thumbsup: :thumbsup: and good luck.

SONIC-X
12-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Very nice scene Zapan.Definitly an spectacular event.

Good luck to the end.

Zapan
12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
@ mmoir : Hey Mike ! , Thx , glad you like it ! :bounce:, Good luck to you too !

@ SONIC-X : Hi Corrie , Thx for dropping by , and your nice words , Best luck to you too !

polygonwarrior
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
best of luck to u buddy:thumbsup:

SoniaNotRed
12-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Good story! That's a mean looking fellow!

And your grass looks so good...!

:applause: :applause: Congratulations!:applause::applause:

And good luck!

makaron
12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
=Zapan It will be a real pleasure to be spammed a bit again ahaha :scream: ... anywhere, anytime !

spam... sorry couldn´t not help myself... :p and your image still looking good :D
once again, you did a really nice job...

daWinky
12-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi Stéphane,

while waiting for the last lost souls to finish their entries, I'm making a little farewell tour today - and of course I cannot miss your strong guy on my visits. As Mona said, he's still looking good and your scene is still spectacular:D . So I can only say: "Good luck! " again:bounce: ...See you:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

Climax
12-06-2005, 10:50 PM
► CONGRATULATION BROUTY◄
It looks Natural COOL, glad to see it complete and to have shared C&C during this Challenge! Hope to see u in the next one!
:beer:

jddog
12-07-2005, 10:46 AM
@ jddog : Hahaha Thx a lot Julien , bah ca arrache la tienne explose tout alors :scream: ...

hahaha... :D on fait pas dans la dantelle !
jddd

Zapan
12-08-2005, 07:43 AM
@ CUBISIS : Thx a lot , best of luck to you too

@ SoniaNotRed : Ouh Thx Sonia :bounce: , and yep not a very clever person :D

@ makaron : aaahahah :scream: ! thx Mon', but be careful , you think we don't see in your 2D world without any poly or rendersettings , but maybe the spam team could move to the 2d section for a while...:D

@ daWinky : ohhh, thx Sabrina , that's so sweet :) :love:

@ Climax : :bounce: Thx a lot Omar , it has been a real pleasure for me to create something with some guys like you around , and don't worry, I will be there next time.

@ jddog : ahaha... qu'il en soit toujours ainsi :D

Thx again people for all your kind words and your great support ! All I have to say is , I hope to see you all in the next challenge :bounce: :thumbsup:

scootermaya
12-08-2005, 07:48 AM
I hope to see you all in the next challenge :bounce: :thumbsup:

Beeeeuuuuuuuhh ?!?!?!:D What about the others ?

Zapan
12-08-2005, 07:51 AM
AHAHA :scream: because I know YOU 'll be there the next time, you have to ! :D

Gunilla
12-08-2005, 01:25 PM
True, we need to see Scooter in the next one - or else... we have to spam his email :twisted:

Oh, sorry - a PORTENAIK post ... again! :D

scootermaya
12-08-2005, 01:37 PM
True, we need to see Scooter in the next one - or else... we have to spam his email :twisted:

Oh, sorry - a PORTENAIK post ... again! :D

Lol ! As I don't have enough E-mail already :banghead:

But you know Gunilla, YOU can always send me as much mail as you want !:bounce:
I just have special rules for a few people on this forum such as L....g or Z...n :twisted:

Lemog
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I just have special rules for a few people on this forum such as L....g or Z...n :twisted:
moahahahaha... completely nimportnawakly :scream:

Gunilla
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
But you know Gunilla, YOU can always send me as much mail as you want !:bounce:

Ahhh ... you french guys... always a sweet answer for each situation ;)

So do I - all spamming is totally allowed, see my previous statement about frenchies :D

Zapan
12-08-2005, 01:47 PM
HEY !! What's the hell is going on over here ? :twisted: PORTENAOIK Spam party ?

...... could I join ? :scream:

scootermaya
12-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Ahhh ... you french guys... always a sweet answer for each situation ;)

So do I - all spamming is totally allowed, see my previous statement about frenchies :D

:blush: we are speechless :blush: (:bounce: aaaaaaaaller les bleus, aaaaaaaaaaler les bleus :bounce: aaaaaaalllllleeeeeerrr! :bounce: )

Gunilla
12-08-2005, 04:24 PM
:blush: we are speechless :blush:

Somehow I find that very hard to imagine :rolleyes:

:D

:twisted: PORTENAOIK Spam party ?

...... could I join ? :scream:

Sure, I just noted your thread is almost up to 900 posts :twisted:

Zapan
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Sure, I just noted your thread is almost up to 900 posts :twisted:

Boahaha :scream: revenge from Sweden ... Good luck with it ! If you achieve that , I promise , I won't never ever snail anymore...:wise:

Digital_Rebellion
12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi Zapan, really glad to see the final output. very nice work. Wishing u all the best for the judging. btw, can u please get the guy in the pic to get a Christmas tree for me if he's not too busy? lol :scream: ............. Christmas greetings in advance :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

P.S. This is a 'real reply'. No spamming intended.

Zapan
12-09-2005, 07:41 AM
AHahaha:scream: christmas tree ? why not :D .... except, he's gonna freeze in this season with his actual cloth... Merry christmas in adance to you too.

And thx a lot for your kind words and wishes.

ps : did I scare you with my spam revenge thing ? :scream: ahaha...

Gunilla
12-09-2005, 01:12 PM
ps : did I scare you with my spam revenge thing ? :scream: ahaha...

Scare who? me? Hahaha!! I'm not afraid of anything ... did that sound covincing? :shrug:

Cute Christmas snail you got - I think I have to dress my foot, somehow it seems so naked now :blush:

Have a great afternoon!

Zapan
12-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Definitely you're a mind reader :scream: crossing post !!!

And I know you're not easy to scare... geez I have to find something else.

Ahaha , no don't change it , what is more hot than a cute swedish naked foot kicking in the snow :scream: ...

Have a great day too sweety ahahaha :bounce:

Lemog
12-09-2005, 01:19 PM
I think I have to dress my foot, somehow it seems so naked now :blush:!
totally agree with you... you must... good afternoon :thumbsup:

Gunilla
12-09-2005, 01:24 PM
totally agree with you... you must... good afternoon :thumbsup:

Hey Laurent - what happened to you? Suddenly the guardian of innocence? :scream:
and of course, a really good afternoon to you too! :)

Zapan - Sorry, no nude babes from me - hot or cold :D
The foot will be properly dressed but right now I have other things to attend to... wonder what :rolleyes:

Lemog
12-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Suddenly the guardian of innocence? :scream:
Hahahaha... it's totally me :thumbsup: :twisted:

Gunilla
12-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Hahahaha... it's totally me :thumbsup: :twisted:

Haha, yeah - so totally! :scream:

See Steph? I think we can make it to 900 in notime - Swedish revenge :)

Zapan
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
mmmh , yeah with that kind of comment , you can easily jump it to 900... but I don't want to be involved in that madness... ( although it's just what I'm doing right now :banghead: )

See people ? this my reward for having spam too much in Gunilla's thread ... :scream:

Lemog
12-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Haha, yeah - so totally! :scream:

See Steph? I think we can make it to 900 in notime - Swedish revenge :)
So easy for professionals :wise:

shemosus
12-09-2005, 02:43 PM
well done my friend ,impressive work.:thumbsup:

agou
12-23-2005, 11:07 AM
You have finiiiiiiiiiiiished! That's great Steph', I'm proud of you:D ! A really good job, I especially love the effect of postproduction on your picture, it gives some cachet to it. You deserve good holidays now!

Zapan
12-23-2005, 02:39 PM
congratulations again my little Steph' ! you did an amazing job! I would be really desappointed if you weren't on the front page.
still, you deserve a little kiss for your wonderful job (and too for your little song ;) ).
Sooo, kiss!:love:

Encore bravo!

You have finiiiiiiiiiiiished! That's great Steph', I'm proud of you:D ! A really good job, I especially love the effect of postproduction on your picture, it gives some cachet to it. You deserve good holidays now!

Thx a bunch Sophie , for your incredible nice words and support , makes me feel really happy :love: :bounce:
Sad you couldn't finish yours , but I hope to see you and some of your works very soon.
PM me if you post some around , I've got plenty of songs for you :D ... I know you're drawing a lot , so maybe I'll find you in the 2D section... I'll look for it :)

I wish you all the best , of course a merry christmas , and lot of kisses for 2006 ... and thx again :bounce:

@ shemosus : Thx a lot man , really glad you like it ! :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
12-23-2005, 11:13 PM
'EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooo Zapan!!! :D It looks like I am late to the party, but I have tracked you down here and now I know where you originally interact with Le French Nut...:scream:...Congratulations on a beautiful image and a Spectacular finish!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

vampeta
12-25-2005, 10:27 AM
MARY CHRISTMAS
my Friend.

I whish you some nice holiday with a lot of fun and love and friends and a hell lot of presents ;)

:beer: Alex

Zapan
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Hey you guys , Sorry for being a little late here , I was out the whole week end , thx for dropping by here , nice christmas gift !! :bounce:

@ Rebeccak : WEEEEEEEEEEEE :bounce: EEEEEEEEEEEEEE :bounce: :scream: .... welcome Becky !!! ahaha.

I know where you originally interact with Le French Nut...

Ahahaha , you're right , this is where everything started from... the first pages was pretty quiet and calm , but somehow things quickly turned out nut... nut .... nut ....

Congratulations on a beautiful image and a Spectacular finish!!!
Thx a lot :bowdown:

It looks like I am late to the party
Don't worry , I'm sure we'll have tons of partys soon , in fact I'm gonna very soon open up my own anatomy thread just to party with you ;) YAY :bounce:

@ vampeta : HIIIIYYYYAAA !!! :scream: , what's up my friend ?
Merry christmas Alex ... ( a bit late ok ) ... and Happy new year ( in advance héhé)

Thx a lot for your wishes , and I hope you got all of that and had a great time this week end.
But I bet Santa will come over again to your place very soon (let's around January 13th :D )

Thx again both :beer: you guys rock !!

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Zapan,

It turns out that Lemog is not the only French nut! :scream: Greatly looking forward to your Anatomy Thread :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:and can't wait to see what develops there! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Lemog
12-27-2005, 04:27 AM
It turns out that Lemog is not the only French nut! :scream:
fortunetely :thumbsup: :D hahahahaha

collings
12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Congrats for your final image Stéphane!
Looking really great :thumbsup:
Best wishes :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.