PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Brouty Stéphane

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Deankovitch
11-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Congratulations man....the character are very nice. Maybe a litle more contrast on the lips and the eyes litle darker.

ihamid
11-02-2005, 12:50 AM
hi Zapan!

very impressive progress! the scene is coming along very well! and the texturing of the head is coming out nicely! will he break a sweat uprooting the tree?? ;)!
cheers!

Lemog
11-02-2005, 05:16 AM
I agree with Guni... more reddish skin... and lot of veins... beard more visible... some scratches...(... some bubos for this juvenil guy ?) ;) and that will be genial... continue Cadet :wip:

Zapan
11-02-2005, 12:20 PM
@ denverbz : Thx Alan , you're right skin still need different tones and kind of wet areas...Thx a lot for your support my friend.

@ scootermaya : Merci Michel , haha yeah don't worry I'm backing up this in the case I would need that kind of guy for future.
Peut etre genre avec un couteau de survie et un bandeau rouge en train de hurler "C'est pas ma guerre" haha :scream:

@ Mr Micro26 : Hey thanks mate for dropping by , yeah lot of work needed but I'm trying to do my best , actually texturing isn't the part that the comfortable with... So good to that I'm on the right way. Thx man :)

@ madshooter : Thx Roshan , you're right , I haven't done eyes for now , but I 'll try to make them less brighter. Thx a lot for your support and your kind of words :bounce:

@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge , in fact I'm fightning right now to create some believable shaved skin , which apparently gives a better contrast on the overall head. But every tests I made were really crappy so I'm still testing... Thx man for your help friend, really appreciated.

@ Deankovitch : Thx a lot man for the great words , glad you like it, you're right , I will try to improve the model that way.

@ yunisirees : Hey hi Hamid :bounce: , thx a lot for the words , haha yeah he might be , well he should be , I will try to make that possible :scream: .

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent for your help , I will try to do everything you said , thx for your support mate :bounce:

Thx people for all your helps and support. Spend my two past days doing some crappy tests, nothing really great , well I'm sure you people are familiar with that kind of things , when everything you do is worst than what you had before :banghead: :banghead: .
But I'm still on it , I'm struggling with photoshop to have the nicer result, actually that is the first time I'm painting textures by hand , I'm surely learn a lot , but I'm so much slower...

So thanks again people , I will try to post an update as soon as possible :wavey:

Zapan
11-02-2005, 07:19 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130959146_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130959146_large.jpg)

Here's current stage for the head texture. I think I need to do a short break of it (start driving me crazy) but I will come back later on the head , still a lot to do.
Now I think I will move to the body and maybe cloth.

jddog
11-03-2005, 09:17 AM
spechless ... :thumbsup:
jdd

makaron
11-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Now I think I will move to the body and maybe cloth.

sounds good to me... lets see that hunks body.:bounce: ..
it´s far to many girlbodies around.... hehe

TomerEp
11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
coming along quite good.

Lemog
11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
That comes better than better... maybe the skin appear always very too sweet for a strong guy like that... more red, more veins, more beard can give him lot of personality... without forget his incredible effort...
...then... you're on the good way...

... but okay with... it's certainly very good to take a little break... but not too much... remain only 1 month... keep it up Cadet... tu vas tout arracher :thumbsup: (les arbres avec...)

agou
11-03-2005, 10:15 AM
That comes better than better... maybe the skin appear always very too sweet for a strong guy like that...

ah ! Qu'est ce que j'disais !

Still, that's a great work you did on the skin, it's very realistic and the rendering is cool too. C'mon, lord of snails, I'm with you!!!:bounce:

Zapan
11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
@ jddog : Thx a lot Julien , very happy you like him :bounce:

@ makaron : Hahaha , is that the reason you are actually following this , the very manish body ? :D :scream:

@ TomerEp : thx man :)

@ Lemog : Thx Laurent , even more ? , I was afraid to overbump and reddish but apparently I was wrong... maybe I'm quit timid too :D Ok , I will improve this way ... later...

@ Agou : haha yeah , it seems not enough yet , lot to do is remaining... Thx for your nice words I will try to not let you down Sophie :bounce:

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Going in the right direction indeed - but I agree with Laurent, crank it up! :bounce:
More of everything will be suitable for this big guy :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-03-2005, 12:03 PM
One more guy very timid here... hahahaha the Cadet :scream: :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ..... :scream: hahahaha....

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Haha!

Perhaps it's time for a new company? "The Timid Tweakers Association" :scream:

Dang - I spammed again!

Zapan
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Ahaha I'm in !:scream:

nebezial
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
i like it, but it needs a bit stronger skin shader, and i noticed a slight faloff effect on the ear. try addin more bluish round the beard area, and a lil more reddish on the nose, not too much just to add a lil definition..and a lil round the eyes, and it will be perfect:thumbsup:

Zapan
11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks a lot nebezial for all these great suggestions, I will try all of this for sure, many thx for your help :thumbsup: :bounce:

Gunilla
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Congrats for your membership!

http://www.bitspin.net/tmp/TTA.gif

Lemog
11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Congratulations Cadet... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Zapan
11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Ahahahaha thx sweety , glad to be on board :scream: .... just lovely :love:

daWinky
11-03-2005, 02:58 PM
This guy is great:thumbsup: ! He's getting better with every update - I agree that it could help to give him "a lot of everything", as Lemog said so striking...By the way: "He" has already a name...?!!:bounce:

-sabrina

Zapan
11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
By the way: "He" has already a name...?!!

Hmmm... That's a really good question....really good...
Didn't think about it ... maybe just the big guy ... or the guy with the tree :shrug:
At least we know he's a he :scream:

makaron
11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
his name is: Mr Huge Strong... Also Knows As, Mr Snail.... :)
but more importent... where is his body? :bounce:

Lemog
11-04-2005, 06:16 AM
Mr KnockOnWood... :scream:

Gunilla
11-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Schhh - don't push him, he's just timid :rolleyes:

:D

rattlesnake
11-06-2005, 12:37 AM
hi friend, i like the current state of the face, color is looking very cool, youre close man!
i think that maybe the facial hair needs to show a few strokes, fine strokes, like little hairs, but i really like the way is looking man:thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-06-2005, 09:19 AM
So, any new updates here today?
Your new avatar looks like it's running and jumping wildly - a good sign for your project :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-06-2005, 09:52 AM
@ makaron, Lemog, Gunilla : Ahaha, well all these names fit him well , but I guess the better is Mr. No brain , glowing or not...

@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot for the great words Jorge , well I think there is still a lot of work to do on that head , but maybe it won't be that important on the final framing...

@ Gunilla : Ahah , wildly ? , why not but it's still a friend of the snail.
More seriously , I'm rendering right now few test of composition to place the camera.
So if you could come back later and help me a bit to choose the best one it will be great.
In a couple of hours...(damn these are much longer that I expected...)

DaddyMack
11-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Wheyaa Zapan, I check here regularly and I thought it time for me to chime in and let you know that I dig the expression on your dudes face and to congratulate you for your latest award:p Rock on mate:buttrock:

aliasali
11-06-2005, 10:59 AM
yeah,anotheer great entrant..i love that head,nice job!:thumbsup:

Zapan
11-06-2005, 11:30 AM
@ DaddyMack : Geez , be congratulate by BoneyM , that is priceless :eek:
Thx a lot Robert , and now you give me the disco mood for the rest of the day , dancing in front of my screen ... COOL DADDY ! hahahaha :scream:

@ Madlight_1988 : Thx a lot Ali , for coming by here, you've got one of the most stylish work around , really glad you like that :bounce:

Ok friends here some composition test , these are 4 but of course everything possible according to your suggestions. Maybe you can tell me which one you guys like the most to help me to go on the right direction.
Thx in advance :)

Zapan
11-06-2005, 11:32 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131276770_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131276770_large.jpg)

Panoramic view , more readable but a little bit flat. It has the advantage to give some places to put lot of things around...

Zapan
11-06-2005, 11:34 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131276862_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131276862_large.jpg)

Square one ...

Zapan
11-06-2005, 11:37 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131277026_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131277026_large.jpg)

Tilted left ... feel that it makes the tree more important...

Zapan
11-06-2005, 11:38 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131277126_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131277126_large.jpg)

Tilted right...

Gunilla
11-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Ahh, finally the giant gets to lift something :bounce:

Oh dear - this is difficult! They all look great but ... it seems to me that the angle of the tree gives you a bit of problem in all the comps - it looks almost as it's fighting back. Perhaps that's the point?
This is most obvious in the tilted versions where it almost looks like he's being attacked by the tree (number 3) or is catching it from falling. How about a mix of 1 and 4? Where we can see more of his face but not tilted?
This is getting more and more spectacular now - Yay!! :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
11-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Daddy.. daddy cool... it's a swedish conspiracy... Humble apologies:p

Seriously tho... I'm stunned! This step has really hooked me... Killer progress mate:thumbsup: I think the 234 shots he looks more 'intimate' with the tree, as he would lifting such a weight but the extension of the leg in 1 wins outright for me... I think it adds not only to the overall composition but enhances the readability of the action... I also think it could work well if the ground was level and the tree tilted... instead of the camera.. Nice renders too;) Rock on:buttrock:

Elendil_le_Grand
11-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Je trouve que la 3 a plus de force ...

Quoiqu'il en soit j'aime bcp :)

jddog
11-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Really like the no1 but at same time is a very classic pov. 3 and 4 are also very interesting, especially the numer 4 because you see the foot and legs and this give a quiet complete vision on the figure...

did you try a camera from a more higer position too ? Not sure about a real good pov, but just for curiosity...

:wip:
jdd

YasushAzush
11-06-2005, 01:15 PM
number one is more cinematic to me......very nice job :thumbsup:

madshooter
11-06-2005, 02:37 PM
No.1 is the best dude:thumbsup: great job:applause:

JamesMK
11-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I'd agree that #1 is the most readable one. Very good. The other ones gave me the impression he wanted to "do it" with the tree, which may or may not be the intended angle here :D

Zapan
11-06-2005, 03:05 PM
First of all : thx a bunch people for your interest in that ... :bounce: :love:

@ Gunilla : Thx sweety , you're right the 3rd one is the one I like the less. A mix between 1 and 4 seems to be a great alternative. I will continue to dig in that way and post it later.

@ DaddyMack : COOL ! haha... sorry :scream:
Thx a lot for you nice words , I also like the way we see his legs in the panoramic view , I will try to keep that in mind.

@ Elendil le Grand : Merci beaucoup Nicolas , c'est vrai que le 3 possede une action plus forte mais le sentiment de l'abre levé est plus subtile , argh le choix est difficile....

@ jddog : Thx a lot Julien , well in fact the low camera is like that to immrove the size of the tree , something more giant , and perhaps more spectacular, I will continue to make tests , to see what's is better thx for your help Julien...

@ visualact.com : the first one ... ok I note that , thanks man for your help.

@ madshooter : Ah thx a lot Roshan , first one too for you ... ok , I guess that the final framing would obviously +/- look like this one....

Zapan
11-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I'd agree that #1 is the most readable one. Very good. The other ones gave me the impression he wanted to "do it" with the tree, which may or may not be the intended angle here

Ahahaha , yeah I thought that too ,but I forced myself to think that was my pervert mind playing with me one more time ... :scream:

The first one for you too ... ok then , Thx a lot James for your help...

jddog
11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
well in fact the low camera is like that to immrove the size of the tree , something more giant , and perhaps more spectacular
yep I'm totally agree with what you tell here... a upper camera will make lost this fx...
jdd

makaron
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM
nr 1... with a touch of nr 4 .... :bounce: thats my vote...
but where is the snail?

agou
11-06-2005, 07:00 PM
wow, it's hard to choose between all these four pictures, the difference is quite slight...By the way, I liked the first one, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite, because I liked the second one too. The nb 4 however has a pov too leaning, the character seems to rest against the tree.

This was my little crit of the evening, but the work is really really good-the character expression, picture composition.
so keep it up !:bounce:

gpepper
11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I really liked the idea of lifting the tree but in this case, the tree is not really lifted...
Not so spectacular at the moment. I prefer the way U did it in the sketches...

antone-m
11-07-2005, 05:12 AM
I like the first one

polygonwarrior
11-07-2005, 05:18 AM
for me the fourth one looks the best as i can feel power of the guy uprooting the tree:)

Lemog
11-07-2005, 05:50 AM
We can only read the effort in the first pic... we understand what this guy want... to left it... on the other, he seem to make a "calin" to the tree... I think is not only for his pleasure...
But to increase the sensation of effort and of weight, and of course, of spectacular... I like the 3 and the 4, and I vote for the middle, in the 3, he seem to fall with the tree... and for the 4, he seem to do nothing...
Well, to resume, orientation of the camera between 3 and 4... and the scene turned with axe similar to the 1, to really see the action... :)

daWinky
11-07-2005, 06:15 AM
I've not looked in here during the weekend and already missed so much:scream: ! Some nice choices you have there, but I'm afraid to tell you nothing new: No.1 is the best in my opinion, mixed with a little no 4... This will be spectacular!:bounce:

-sabrina

Zapan
11-07-2005, 07:51 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131349870_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131349870_large.jpg)

Maybe that one ?...

Zapan
11-07-2005, 08:04 AM
@ jddog : ah great , I'm glad you think that too, besides I'm planning to play with DOF to increase that effect, hope everything's gonna work...

@ makaron : 1 with a bit of 4 ...ok something a bit like the last update or not all ?
the snail will come soon (well with his snailspeed)...

@ agou : Yeah the difference in these 4 wasn't that much obvious but, I hope in the last one things start to comes up, thx Sophie.

@ gpepper : Oh ok , I see your point, well I hope whith roots corrections and textures and everything I planned , the pic will appears a bit better :shrug:

@ the best : 1 for you too , thx man.

@ CUBISIS : The 4th for you , I have to admit that It would be an interesting pov, but I'm afraid now that we don't really understand the picture... So I think I'm gonna go for a more classical pov, but more readable... Thx for your help man.

@ Lemog : Yeah , you're right Laurent , in fact I had that feeling yesterday , and then I can't stop thinking about it , maybe in the last one , things are more clear ... thx for your help mate.

@ daWinky : Thx Sabrina , and of course that appears to be the better choice , I will tweak in that direction ....

Nakary
11-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Hi there Zapan, nice modeling in general.. you still might want to add some detail to the tree trunk, but it is looking nice already, hope to see your masterpiece finished and with the other details you mentioned on you concept..

Good luck..!

sergioKomic
11-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Go with the last one for shure!

Again GREAT modelling!:thumbsup:

authentic
11-07-2005, 08:53 AM
I haven't saw this work before, maybe because I saw just a tree on the little picture; But now that I see the guy I 'd just say : great concept and nice posing, point of view.
In fact nothing to crit, just hurry up to finish it.

nebezial
11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
have you hgged your tree today lol:thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Oh yes! This last comp works well I think - splendid :bounce:

I suppose there will be some mud and roots teared up as well? So the force of his ripping it from the ground will show well.
Oh yay, this will be a spectacular sight- keep rocking, squirrel boy :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Please... don't touch to the cam now... it's near to be perfect... continue in this way... texturing and details... and tweek the position at final...

GREAT Cadet :thumbsup:

madshooter
11-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Comp No.5:thumbsup: I agree with lemog just go with that view:)

Zapan
11-07-2005, 03:45 PM
@ Nakary : Hey thx man , really appreciated comment, yeah you're right I need to add some bark deformations around the hand/arm , and also lot of work on roots well a lot of work on my to do list, hope I will be able to do all that stuff. Cheers man :)

@ sergioKomic : Thx man , good to know that is THE one, and for that one I will go...

@ authentic : Hey thx a lot for coming by here, love your work man. Thanks for cheering, "Hurry up" , yeah I wrote down these words on piece of paper and sctoched that in a corner of my screen :scream:

@ nebezial : ARGHHHH :banghead: :argh: ..... ahahaha:scream:

@ Gunilla : Yeah you're right , mud, roots , rocks , grass , flowers, snail, mushrooms... :argh: :curious:
But if the camera is ok , that is at least one thing finished , and that means yay :scream:

@ Lemog : Yeah you're right as always Laurent , I think now I can start detailling without been worried about stuff that won't appear... So I guess the fun part is starting now :bounce:
Snail mode OFF / Squirrel mode ON :scream: ahahaha...

Zapan
11-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Comp No.5:thumbsup: I agree with lemog just go with that view

Thx Roshan , and I will go for that one :bounce:

makaron
11-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I´m too late for a vote...:eek:
but I think that is the right choise, nr 5

Zapan
11-07-2005, 03:56 PM
You're not late , it's just that I knew which one you will prefer , starting to speak the GP language a little :D :scream:

daWinky
11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Just to give my 2 cent: The last comp is really the one:thumbsup: ! Go with it, Stéphane!!:bounce:

-sabrina

AIR
11-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Nice stuff here man.:)
Looks catchy.
I like the tree,and the whole composition is beaut.
Keep sharp manno.A I R off.

antone-m
11-07-2005, 06:34 PM
I don`t know why I don`t fell that he is carying the tree :rolleyes:

Zapan
11-07-2005, 06:43 PM
@ daWinky : Thx Sabrina , no doubts now :bounce: , thx for cheering...

@ A I R : Thx a lot Damir for your nice words, I'll trying my best...

@ the best : well , I have that feeling too , well I hope the tweaking will make things more clear , still a lot to do.... we'll see :shrug:

Zapan
11-07-2005, 06:47 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131389266_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131389266_large.jpg)

Well a quick render to see more or less what kind of picture will show up for the next , now I guess that is tweakin' time , detailling everythings properly...

Sorry for the low res version , I don't have create renderlayers yet and this one takes 6 hours rendering so... next time will be better... with render passes...

Maxter
11-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Very nice composition... congrats zapan:thumbsup:

antone-m
11-07-2005, 07:14 PM
cool rendring :thumbsup:
I have crits to say ::wise:
1- I think his back is too flat :D
2- you need to show his leg muscles

and I have an idea of making him like if he was carying the tree and it is to make the land under the tree
look inside a little (as if the tree was in and was puled out lol):bounce:

DaddyMack
11-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow! Zapan.. Beautiful... I think that the tree should be really tall and taper off into the distance to add a real sense of scale and his line of action should follow through his leg and up his spine and head more... His back foot could also dig deeper for a grip... I love the direction this is going:thumbsup:

Pooyag
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
that's great...cant wait to see more,specially the ground.... maybe make a little hole kinda look where the feets are. Keep going :thumbsup:

daWinky
11-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Looks like you've found your final composition! Congrats:applause: , now start with the detail work...want to see more soon!:bounce:

-sabrina

Lemog
11-08-2005, 06:42 AM
I think at this step, it's very difficult to give you good councils... difficult to read the picture cause the lighting... I love the pose and the compo but Mr NoBrain is in the dark... of course... he seem very flat... I'm just waiting for more... :)

Zapan
11-08-2005, 08:08 AM
@ Maxter : Thx man , glad you like it.

@ the best : Thx , your crits really make sense , need to refine the textures. And the hole under the tree is on my to do list. Thx Tony :thumbsup:

@ DaddyMack : Thx Daddy !! , I was thinking turning the trunk a bit to make him a bit longer , I will try that...and Today , I will spend some time on the ground deformations , grass, plants and stuff. COOL Daddy :bounce:

@ 3rd user : Thx Pooya , Yep I'm gonna work on that today...

@ daWinky : Thx Sabrina , things will move a bit faster I think because lot of things will be done according to the camera, so I guess that I can cheat easily.

@ Lemog : yes Laurent , everything needs to be redefine now , and especially the lighting...

makaron
11-08-2005, 08:46 AM
this image with colors is so much... and here I don´t need to write anything... since your already now GP-ish... haha... :thumbsup:
but in english... looking better and better... and gonna be nice to see what the next render have in store...

ThierryS
11-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Wow, this is going to be impressive! Is this going to be your final framing? I kind of would want to see his face a little more. Very good work Stéphane! Keep going like this!:) :arteest:

jddog
11-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Impressive ! :buttrock:

Just a details... the roots 'area' that was under ground normally have to be with a more clear bark and if you tear a tree normally you see a lot of broken and skinned parts on roots... a very minor detail...
:wip:
jdd

janimatic
11-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Salut Steph!
+ wonderfull composition ! very clear and simple (you can understand the pic even looked in high contrast!)
+ this one of the rare picture which is "on topic" : yes it's spectacular! (maybe should i shut up and start my oown though lol)
-the colors are very well done but keep the contrast using light so the composition remains clear !!! (otherwise i'll prefer the grey version) But i am sure you know that already !

Best regards

Another frenchy

Gunilla
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
It works very effectively with the shadow on the ground - great looking detail!

I agree with Julien about the roots part - they would probably be smoother and brighter - but I'm sure you sort that out - you, you ... texture tweaker! :scream:

I like the comp better and better each time I see it - the silouette works very well - I suggest you keep the background very simple.

Have a nice evening :beer:

Zapan
11-08-2005, 05:09 PM
@ makaron : thx Mona :bounce: , and yeah understand perfectly the GP talk , someone's asking for a nut up here ? :D
glad to know that the colored version looks better , hope I'm gonna have something to show later or tomorrow morning...

@ thierry2005 : Thx Thierry , you are so cheering me man , well the point of view will be like that but maybe the framing will be different a little, something a bit more square, don't know yet. Thx again...

@ jddog : Thx a lot Julien , yeah you're right I'm gonna tweak roots , planning to add some grass roots , lumps of earth, broken roots...

@ janimatic : Hey thx a lot for this nice comment, yeah , I wanted something pretty simple , because first , I didn't know if I would be able to create everything , and that was the first idea that came out of my mind so....Glad to hear that you like it.
Oh and yeah I will try to keep a real contrast to keep the idea pretty clear... :thumbsup:

@ Gunilla : Oh thx , glad to hear you like it . :bounce:
Texture tweaker ? well it's always something I'm never completely satisfied , maybe that's the reason that I always tweaking stuff. And I will tweak roots again...
Glad you like the comp , don't know what I would do , if you do not :)
For the background I was thinking a blue cloudly sky on the left , maybe some others blurred trees on the right , a bit darker... trying to keep the right side of the pic a bit darker to show the wrong act of the guy.... But if you picture it differently , just tell me :shrug:
Have a nice evening too :wavey:

Gunilla
11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
For the background I was thinking a blue cloudly sky on the left , maybe some others blurred trees on the right , a bit darker... trying to keep the right side of the pic a bit darker to show the wrong act of the guy.... But if you picture it differently , just tell me :shrug:

Sounds good ... I was thinking some kind of landscape, quite hazy - like the kind you see as background in old portrait paintings (Mona Lisa for instance) As if he's up on a mountain with the landscape, maybe an ocean opens up behind him.... Could work well with that kind of classic scenery I think.
But I'm sure you figure something splendid out, since you managed so well so far ;)

velascodearmas
11-09-2005, 02:09 AM
I like this angle/pose better than the last... Feels like he needs more tension on the foot and back- are you going to zbrush more muscles on or veins/striation on the muscles where the tension is?

Lemog
11-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Sure, many background are possible... as forest with lot of trees... little children (or squirrels) amazed by this strong guy... a desert with the incongruity of this tree presence, a small gourd on the ground and its stick of pelerin come by far to overcome this tree...

I like the desert vision, lot of contrats with this tree... and this guy... Spectacular question about "why" that kind of tree in the middle of the desert... hot and hard sun permit you to have strong and beautiful shadows... and in this case, you can replace the squirrel by a lizard... or a hang bag... :scream:

Keep the good choice mate... and post :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131556529_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131556529_large.jpg)

PaintFX grass

Zapan
11-09-2005, 05:16 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131556615_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131556615_large.jpg)

Hi resolution

Zapan
11-09-2005, 05:26 PM
@ Gunilla : Sounds good ... I was thinking some kind of landscape, quite hazy - like the kind you see as background in old portrait paintings (Mona Lisa for instance) As if he's up on a mountain with the landscape, maybe an ocean opens up behind him.... Could work well with that kind of classic scenery I think.
But I'm sure you figure something splendid out, since you managed so well so far
Oh that's sweet !, thank you :love:
and yeah a green ,calm, landscape sounds great too , hmmm I have to make some tests , don't know yet how I will make it... well I suck at painting so... we'll see...

@ dvelasco : thx, but no , I won't use zbrush , hope I will improve the "flat looking" skin with some variant tones and bump...

@ Lemog : a desert ? hmmm... it will be surely unexpected... well I will look for some landscape wallpapers and put them behind the scene to compare.

daWinky
11-09-2005, 05:26 PM
OOhh, just lovely, Stéphane:cool: , I like it a lot and it's a wonderful contrast to the violent act of your strong guy:thumbsup: . And then just put your stunning watching squirrel as a spectator in this scene to make it complete...:bounce:

-sabrina

jddog
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
nothing to say... perfect ground :thumbsup:
jdd

Gunilla
11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Ha! Sabrina just said what I was thinking :) The sweet flowers are such a great contrast to the strong guy!

Great idea of testing different kinds of landscapes behind him :thumbsup: ... and I think Lemogs idea about desert could be very interesting ... you have lots of scenes to choose from now.
Do you have any thoughts on why he is lifting the tree? What have happened before the scene takes place?
Suddenly the scene starts to evoke a lot of questions - that's good :)

antone-m
11-09-2005, 07:07 PM
cool work mate :thumbsup: (still don`t feel he is carrying the tree:D )

Zapan
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Thx you guys ... and girls :bounce:

@ daWinky : thx a lot Sabrina , really happy you like it , yeah I like that contrast , but some other stuff is still missing: stones , mushrooms , fallen leaves... etc , well I'm painting like nuts...that's great :scream: , and the squirrel , will be more running than watching the view...

@ jddog : thx Julien , perfect, perfect,... no mate , in fact I was a bit scared that the complete resolution appears kinda "boxy" for now , but for the very front grass, I'm planning increase the quality of the paintFX, starting to work on the full resolution... really huge ...

@ the best : thx man , yeah still have to work on that...

@ Gunilla : great questions , well I have planned to explain that on the final picture , but if you ask , here it is :

The guy represents the human being : pride , dignity , he's always trusting only himself, his self strengh... because with his great brain, thoughts, power, muscles, nothing appears impossible. This fantastic gift to control his environnement , makes him think he rules his world... He's the most precious life on earth , and he has to prove it, even for his own pleasure.

The tree is more the nature itself (like Laurent did in the past challenge), no goals , no actions , no power , no control , just being here , playing his only role, feeding people arounds , trying to survive , living with time.

So what's happening when the first guy meet nature, maybe he could thank her for give his life, maybe he could turn around and pray for saving it forever... no , because he must show HE rules the earth...nothing's impossible for him, because he's spectacular...

well , he has unroot the tree, and then , what's the matter ? just one more tree on the floor... only a hole instead ... no more animals around , no life , everybody's running away from a dead tree ? everybody's running away from the guy... well I guess that's the spectacular event could be understood in many different ways...

Well that's the idea... pretty simple and classic finally... hope everybody understood what I wanted to say...

Gunilla
11-10-2005, 07:27 AM
So what's happening when the first guy meet nature, maybe he could thank her for give his life, maybe he could turn around and pray for saving it forever... no , because he must show HE rules the earth...nothing's impossible for him, because he's spectacular...

Excellent! :applause:
I like your description a lot and it goes well with what I had in mind ... just another sign of meaningless violence from the strong. Very well put!

I think you have managed to portray your message very well :thumbsup:

... and good luck with picking the right background!

Lemog
11-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Ground is now sweet... but I don't know if it's exactly what you need... and need this guy...

It's really sweet as a garden... not as the pure and wild nature... too much carpet for me... sorry Cadet :shrug: it's my first feeling...

Zapan
11-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Good point Laurent , don't be sorry , all decisions I take aren't often the best ones, and every kind of suggestion could improve the picture.

So first I was thinking split the picture on two side. The left side really sweet , lot of colors of plants , swimming in a yellow sunlight. The right one could be darker, receiving main shadows , blue-ish light, less carpet, more rocks and bramble...

Do you think that is a good idea or maybe sounds "redondant" ?

daWinky
11-10-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm not going in the same direction as Lemog here:wise: ...knowing now the story I even like this lovely flower foreground more. My first thought seeing this were exactly what you mentioned in your description. So - just for me - it works very well...:) . But at least: It's your choice - follow your feelings...

-sabrina

Lemog
11-10-2005, 09:25 AM
But at least: It's your choice - follow your feelings...

-sabrina
Totally agree with you on this point girl... :thumbsup:

Zapan -> just take a look of my vision... vegetation more wild and more dry... with some touches of grass and few camp flowers...

...but as Sabi said... it's your feeling the most important here :) Go Cadet :bounce:

http://lemog.club.fr/lemog/mayalounge/divers/arracheur.jpg

Zapan
11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
@ daWinky : thx Sabrina , that's really sweet, at least I know that this previous version could work for you :) , I'm gonna make a backup of that right now in the case ,nothing better is showing.

@ Laurent : First many thx to get time to do that , really appreciate your help :bowdown:
That's look a really good idea , little bit different from what I have planned before but could be really interesting to make a test this way. Gonna ride the paintFX again and paint some different strokes and post it , maybe then you will like it better , and maybe people could vote for the most appropriated... thx again Laurent, gonna try that right now....

Lemog
11-10-2005, 11:02 AM
The good thing with PaintFX is the ability to do some quick test very easily... that permit to do the good choice very fast...

...yeah... another PaintFX cession soon... I have some quick sad branches to do... :scream:

madshooter
11-11-2005, 03:59 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131556529_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131556529_large.jpg)

PaintFX grass

Wow I love those grass and flowers looks beautifull:thumbsup: This scene is gonna look great dude I'm sure about it. Keep up the great work and Go go go.... Very much eager to see the final image:bounce:

scootermaya
11-11-2005, 06:29 PM
I like your carpet "Cadet":thumbsup: . I feel it is hapening in a ferry tail , so does'nt matter if it's too "nice".
OK, if you want, put a dark cloud on top... than it will be realistic :rolleyes: (sorry Lemog, I usually trust your senses)

JamesMK
11-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Shaping up very nicely indeed here. Such a clean composition, and a very peaceful natural ambience... can't come up with any crits, just waiting to see more work done on it!

makaron
11-13-2005, 06:42 PM
is the snail eating all the grass? :bounce: is that the reason for no updates?

ThierryS
11-13-2005, 06:48 PM
is the snail eating all the grass? :bounce: is that the reason for no updates?
Sure he will not resist such nice grass but he's gonna have a bad indigestion with so much to eat:scream: , luckily for the pic, if he's slow enough, the grass will grow back behind him:D.

Nice work Steph! man that pose of the guy is so well done, you can really feel the effort. Great stuff:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131914512_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131914512_large.jpg)

...1% of rendering done...2%...zzz...hrmpfff...3%...zzz...zzz...zzz

Zapan
11-13-2005, 08:53 PM
@ Lemog : Yeah still have to make an alternative environnement , will test that tomorrow...

@ madshooter : thx a lot Roshan glad you like it, go go go...yes but it's a shame that I quit my snailspeed when my computer starting really long to calculate the scene...

@ JamesMK : Thanks a lot James, you know what,you kind of freak me out , you've done such a beautiful and spectacular pic in almost 2 months, when I hope to finish it in 3... something's really disturbing about that :D ...anyway, thx for kicking me, have to be faster...

@ makaron : he's looking for a fairy ;)

@ thierry2005 : ahaha, thx a lot Thierry , well the tricky combination of laziness and endless renders make me the snailspeed champion... :banghead: :scream: sorry....I will put a "HURRY UP" post-it on my desk...

makaron
11-13-2005, 09:06 PM
the snail is back... :bounce: I like the way the sun shines thru the tree...

Zapan
11-13-2005, 10:06 PM
@ makaron : hahaha thx Mon' , well the burning sun is just a quick photoshop tweak, just to test the ambient there...will make a proper one , when I will be ok with the lighting...

@ Scootermaya : oops sorry Michel , forgot to answer you, thx , glad you like it and you're right I kinda like this fairytale looking too...but Laurent's idea could make something really cool tho, and deserve to test it, so I guess a more hot dry environnement test will show up tomorrow, and why a mix of both...

antone-m
11-14-2005, 04:44 AM
cool work :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Latest render test is very good... I'm just afraid to imagine your guy with the tree now... I don't know if he can continue to be really visible... remember... to feel the effort, this guy must be very visible... well... my own feeling only...

... I'm waiting impatiently your alternative environment... :thumbsup:

scootermaya
11-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Latest render test is very good... I'm just afraid to imagine your guy with the tree now... I don't know if he can continue to be really visible... remember... to feel the effort, this guy must be very visible... well... my own feeling only...

... I'm waiting impatiently your alternative environment... :thumbsup:

Waarf ! Well, so far Cadet's effort is visible ! :applause:

daWinky
11-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Wow, you're back from snailing and with a very nice update...waiting was worth while:thumbsup: . As I said before, I really love your flower carpet and for me it works well:applause: ...but I've the same problem as Lemog...will your guy be visible enough? I think it's a matter of lighting and if you fix this, this will be a top scene...! Want to see more, come on, Stéphane...no more snailing before final now!!:bounce:

-sabrina

Zapan
11-14-2005, 10:29 AM
@ the best : thx Tony glad you like it...

@ Lemog : and you're so right once again... well I guess that the main shadow is too dark, but actually the guy will be lighted independantly, I must be carefull when I will composite him....
The new environnement is on the way , just some shader issues to fix and I will post it this afternoon...I hope... Thx Laurent for everything.

@ scootermaya : aha , Thx Michel , just hope that my machine won't burn up...

@ daWinky : Thx Sabrina , glad you find it works like this ... and promise, no snailing until the end , just for you ;)
Thx a bunch for your lovely push ...

sergioKomic
11-14-2005, 11:50 AM
its getting better and better, Stephane!

gpepper
11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
ça le fait p'tit gars ! bravo !

Gunilla
11-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Hey, nice update! The tree is in place and the snail ... and mr Big has his invisible coat on :D

I like where this is going ... in fact I'd like to go there too - walking on that hill http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/fruit.gif

Keep going - oupps, I mean running :thumbsup:

daWinky
11-14-2005, 07:10 PM
... and promise, no snailing until the end , just for you ;)
Thx a bunch for your lovely push ...

hehe, always there for you, if you need a little push:twisted: it's just that I want to see this work finished:bounce: - but at the moment I guess I'm also snailing around..., don't like Mondays:rolleyes:

-sabrina

ihamid
11-14-2005, 07:14 PM
hiya Zapan

just saying the renderings look awesome! :bounce: :bounce: ! waiting to see more!
cheers!

Zapan
11-14-2005, 08:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131999253_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131999253_large.jpg)

Well as Lemog suggested here's an alternative environnement for the carpet floor, made that more wild , and perhaps more natural...don't know if Laurent was picturing it like this, but that's an idea...
I put the initial grass carpet to see the difference.

Well maybe you guys can tell me which one you prefer and of course every suggestions is welcomed.

makaron
11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
me like the wild side of the choices.. :bounce: but let the snail plant maybe a few flowers in to it...

Zapan
11-14-2005, 08:42 PM
@ sergioKomic : Thx Sergio :bounce:

@ gpepper : Merci Gilles

@ Gunilla : Thx Gunilla :) , yep the guy is hidden , behind the tree, ashamed to be not good looking enough to show his face,... plus he's naked :scream: ...
I like where this is going ... in fact I'd like to go there too - walking on that hill
I can picture it very well :a cute 12 weeks foetus , making bubbles dancing around the tree like this fellow --->http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/fruit.gif

@ daWinky : Ouh thx Sabrina , that's a serious push going on here, I'm very glad ... and also a little bit scared ahaha :scream:

@ yunisirees : Youhou thx Hamid , glad to see you around , thx for the nice words...

@ makaron : Hey Mon' , that's a clear vote , but I'm bit afraid if I had some flowers , it will break the "wild" think a little... well have to do some test again....

gpepper
11-14-2005, 08:49 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131999253_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131999253_large.jpg)

First on the top !

makaron
11-14-2005, 08:49 PM
you can have a dry, dead flower... :p what i mean is, a flower that don´t stand out so much in color...

rattlesnake
11-15-2005, 04:00 AM
man i think i like the second one, but maybe a bit desaturated on colors,

about the composition i think i like it a lot, the guy holding the three is very good, youre doing it very nice mate!, missed some updates on your side friend, but i wont miss an other one, i like your job:thumbsup:

Lemog
11-15-2005, 04:26 AM
For me, the both are too much...
- in the first, too much grass... espacially too much grass with really same size... as a real garden and not as the real nature... and only one color of green... no madgrass, no dry grass...
- in the second... a carpet of flowers... 3 or 4 flowers was sufficient... and here, the grass is more green than the first... again less naturel than the first...

If I must do a choice, the one is certainly the better... but not completely...

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 06:06 AM
I like them both! And it's hard to pick one without seeing it with the rest of the scene... The lower one I like because it looks like a dream land - almost cartoony style and gives a more surreal touch to the whole. The top one is perhaps more in style with the character and tree and that's good in a different way. Was that helpful? :D

You're doing great either way I think.

antone-m
11-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-15-2005, 09:02 AM
@ gpepper : top one for your, ok mate thank you...

@ makaron : Well in fact , the first plan flower will be blurred as depth of field, so color will be the only thing the recognize as flowers you know, but yeah I must continue to do some test... today , hope I will be ok with the floor before tomorrow...

@ rattlesnake : Hey thx a lot Jorge , so "magical" option for you, ok... , well these are maya renders , without color correction or anything, so I guess it will be pretty easy to fix the saturation when I will be ok with the grass shape...Thx man , oh and glad you like the composition too, I'm very happy to have you around :bounce:

@ Lemog : argh , I knew you will say me that , too much grass :banghead:
Well I used 5 different strokes of grass , and tweaked shaders to "unified" them each other but I guess they look almost the same now... Ok , so random size , less dense , maybe some others plants , more differents colors... well I'm testing it now and post the result...

@ Gunilla : yeah , I liked this look too , especially, the contrast it gave with the rest of the scene... But maybe with some correction you will find the top one nice too...

@ the best : Thx man

Lemog
11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Certainly other colors, less "sortie du tube"... or maybe that make me this feeling cause I know well this kind of PatinFX... :shrug:

JamesMK
11-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Personally, I quite prefer the previous environment over this new alternative.

Yep.

authentic
11-15-2005, 11:08 AM
The 2nd one for me; Give it a little color in your picture. Impressive grass.:bowdown:

jddog
11-15-2005, 11:26 AM
the 2nd one looks very fine... des fleures dans un mode de brutes ! :thumbsup:
jdd

Zapan
11-15-2005, 02:36 PM
@ JamesMK, authentic, jddog : Thx a bunch you guys , I like this one too and the contrast it makes with the rest of the picture. I'm gonna go for this one...

Well I decide to go back to the initial environment, for some reasons. First I need to pick up a decision now, because time's running, and if I want to get time to include every things I've planned , it will be really tough... So no more test for this on the way, I spend a great part of the day to improve the wild and natural ground but it turns out kind of crappy. I guess the reason is because I'm not 100% convinced by this way , and I'm sure you know how much it's hard to get something great when you are not completely ok of what you are doing.

So my humble apologies to Laurent and all other guys who expected something more realistic, I know I didn't get enough time to make it better, but I prefer spend more time on things I'm sure I will keep on. Hope you guys won't get mad at me , and the next update will please you a bit anyway...the time left scares me more and more , and ... and... that's it :argh:
Sorry and thx for your interest.

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 02:37 PM
@ Gunilla : yeah , I liked this look too , especially, the contrast it gave with the rest of the scene... But maybe with some correction you will find the top one nice too...

I'm sure I will! In fact I think it might work better - especially if you tweak it a bit more.

tweak, tweakily-tweak http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/cheerleader.gif

:D

EDIT: Oh, cossposting! Well - you can keep the cheerleader anyway :thumbsup:

alancamara
11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
For me, the both are too much...
- in the first, too much grass... espacially too much grass with really same size... as a real garden and not as the real nature... and only one color of green... no madgrass, no dry grass...
- in the second... a carpet of flowers... 3 or 4 flowers was sufficient... and here, the grass is more green than the first... again less naturel than the first...

If I must do a choice, the one is certainly the better... but not completely...

I agree with Laurent. On my opinion i would choice the second option, but you'll could decrease the numbers of the flowers. Great work as usual Stéphane. :applause:

Zapan
11-15-2005, 03:28 PM
@ Gunilla : Now that I know that I will go for the original floor, I just hope that I won't regret my choice :blush: . Thx for the cheerleader , love her, render time to spare again ? :D

@ denverbz : Thx Alan, and less flowers , ok mate , I guess, once again "less is more"...

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 04:49 PM
@ Gunilla : Now that I know that I will go for the original floor, I just hope that I won't regret my choice :blush: . Thx for the cheerleader , love her, render time to spare again ? :D

Nah, just some casual spamming :D

I think you're doing the right thing here - go with your original instincts, I'm sure it will turn out great :thumbsup:

madshooter
11-15-2005, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Zapan]http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131999253_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1131999253_large.jpg)

Second one:thumbsup: I like those flowers dude:) but finally choice is yours great job:thumbsup:

Zapan
11-15-2005, 05:38 PM
@ Gunilla : go with your original instincts

SNAILS instincts... that is to say that it's gonna be WILD :scream: hahaha....

@ madshooter : Thx Roshan , glad to hear you like that way , I will add several things , hope I won't ruin it ...

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Haha, a wild snail - that will be the first! :D

:eek: ... Who's that Bubbles Mommy?!

And didn't I tell you (http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v160/crazylikeafox63/silly_snail.jpg) to quit smoking!

:scream:

Zapan
11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't know, I was pretty much picturing yourself producing bubbles .... ahaha....
Well sorry , but hey , trying to find some funny names around here...

And didn't I tell you (http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v160/crazylikeafox63/silly_snail.jpg) to quit smoking!

Boahahaha you're the best :scream:
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Ok no more coffee for me ... and cigs :D http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/bash.gif (http://images.leportailweb.com/gifs.php?T=Ipb&C=4&F=clips/smiley/ipb/#TOP)

daWinky
11-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Hiya, Lord of the snails,

a lot of entertaining stuff here again:D , but no new update...!:sad:
Have you already decided which direction you go? You know that I love this flower carpet, but I'm curious too see what comes next, so eagerly waiting for an update...:bounce:

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Good morning Steph!

Perhaps you should get som coffee and cigarettes after all...?

http://gotjudaica.com/ProductImages/Large/fel-tlt-snail.jpg

Lemog
11-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Stop the flower power mode Cadet http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/character66.gif and run :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Zapan
11-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Thx Friends for the lovely support :love:
http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/blowup.gif <----- Look at me !!

Actually the real snail is my computer ... Everything was fine until I decided to render some layer pass in full resolution (4500/2800) and then : no render. Can't figure why because I split the whole scene and several small one but still... I don't understand why MR doesn't want to render in that resolution.:banghead: :cry:

I'm trying some others tricks here and I will show you as soon as possible.

Gunilla
11-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Steph - I've had similar problems with MR, some kind of complaints about not enough memory to render... I've solved it in the past by render elements separately and sometimes in lower resolution. My render is 3000x3000 and cant render any effects in that size, I have to reduce them and the scale up in PS. Also I don't let MR handle the maps - that seems to have imroved things some.

Good luck in figuring it out - and sorry for the snailjokes :scream:

Zapan
11-18-2005, 06:49 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132339788_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132339788_large.jpg)

Hi friends !
During the render process,... and to show that I'm not dead (my computer's gonna be soon...), I made some screenshots of the scene...

Those are maya viewport...

First , the wireframe

Zapan
11-18-2005, 06:51 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132339899_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132339899_large.jpg)

Some particles for the dust and fallen leaves

Zapan
11-18-2005, 06:54 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132340055_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132340055_large.jpg)

Lighting setup

Three lights for the scene, two for the character, one halfpoly sphere to cast photons...

Zapan
11-18-2005, 06:56 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132340206_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132340206_large.jpg)

And the last one , more or less the final picture with texture. Now I have to render that.

I hope I will able to show you some render layer pass soon.

Edit : Btw , before someone ask , the guy isn't the Hulk, the green skin is just the Misss skin shader in the viewport :)

Zapan
11-18-2005, 07:03 PM
@ Gunilla : Thx you're so sweet to sharing my pain ... I don't really know what happened here , but now it seems working , really really slow , but I guess it's better...
So maybe in a couple of days , differents layers pass will be done .... During it , I guess it's spamming time... :scream:

antone-m
11-18-2005, 07:15 PM
keep up the good work :thumbsup:

alancamara
11-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Wow, great progress my friend. I had some problems to render with MR too:banghead: I did the render in parts, (James+trailler, Little girl + The nuns, particle and the paint fx). My render is 4096x4096. About your work, i loved the composition, great work Stéphane. Congrats, keep going :applause:

makaron
11-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I miss the summer, when I see your image...
but nice to see it coming together... :applause: with snail and all...

Pooyag
11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
that is very lovely Stéphane....i cant say how much i couldnt expect to see it in this much beauty:cool: but you proved me wrong......Great work Stéphane
Good Luck :thumbsup: ;)

ihamid
11-18-2005, 08:25 PM
all very nice Zapan :bounce::bounce: ... now just have to wait for those cool renders to show up!

monsitj
11-19-2005, 02:07 AM
yeah!:thumbsup: good job so far and wait for final comp render! hurry mate!

daWinky
11-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Hey Stéphane,
good to hear that you are rendering now:) , your wire looks good and I'm sure your renders will be great...You have no idea what caused your problems? I've tested Mental Ray when it was shipped with max and found it so bad implemented that I don't use it ...so sorry, no help from me:shrug: . I'm very curious to see the first results, so let your PC be busy :bounce: !

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Yay! Good too see you on speed again! Have you decided for the background yet? A sky would be enough now I think. I'm looking forward to see it come together now - and to share some quality spam time :scream:

Zapan
11-19-2005, 10:06 AM
@ the best : Thx Tony , I will try...

@ denverbz : Thx Alan , yes me too , one layer for the very front, one for the ground, another one for the tree , one for the guy , and the last one for the particles. Besides I'm rendering by render pass : color, shadow, spec, occlusion... So I didn't understand why MR didn't want to render that... But now , I've reinstalled maya and did some pc cleanup, and somehow it seems working, so I guess YAY !!

@ makaron : Haha thx Mon', well to me , it's the opposite , I miss the winter , you know with christmas and when the challenge you'll be over...:twisted:

@ 3rd user : Thx a lot Pooya , but you know , with your constant help and support , if it's looking good , you've surely been a part of it. Thx my friend.

@ yunisirees : Hey Hamid , thx man, just hope they will show up soon....

@ monsitj : Thx Monsit , Argh ! HURRY DAMN YOU ATHLON !! :scream: haha...

@ daWinky : Morning Kitty :) Well I guess ( but not really sure) the reason was the successive errors occured by MR ... Now I've reinstalled maya, everything's seems working correctly, so guess this is it , or I really need to throw my computer to the trash....after the challenge of course.

@ Gunilla : Morning sweety :) Nope I don't have decided the background now but when everything will be rendered , I will paint (hum try to paint) a sky with PS...

Oh and btw Mona and all the snail gang , I saw a very weird thing this morning , a silly snail wearing a leopard bikini, but the weirdest thing was how much proud he was, wearing these.
What is that about ? :D

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zapan/snail.jpg

authentic
11-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Wow It can be an epic scene. Great work on leaves falling. Imaptient to see it finished.

AndyH
11-19-2005, 10:54 AM
At first i was a little worried about the guy getting lost amonst the huge tree, but the camera angle and the guy being in sihlouette makes it a lot better. Great texturing and nice touch with the falling leaves. Maybe add some more density and variation to the treetop?

Maybe as a bonus extra, you could have him do a romantic waltz with the tree in his arms :D

Looking good!

makaron
11-19-2005, 11:17 AM
hmmm, snails are strange creatures... :eek: espacally those that lives in Zapans thread... ;)
maybe that snail is on the way to a photoshot to sports illustrates cover :p the dec. issue
or he just showing off, like a snail often do... a lovley snail tho... :love: so cute... haha

DimitrisLiatsos
11-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Gasp..this is...what's the word..Epic...scene...love the angle we see him ....render render...render :bounce:

madshooter
11-19-2005, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Zapan]http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132340206_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132340206_large.jpg)

Looks great, very nice textures:thumbsup: waiting to see the rendered version. All the best for rendering process keep going Dude:bounce: :bounce:

DaddyMack
11-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Whoah! This is seriously coming together Zapan... I'd make only one suggestion atm and that's to maybe play with your angle ever so slightly to bring your elements a tiny bit more off balance.. Not much, just subtle but enough to bring the character a little off centre... I'm starting to see where this will go now and I really think it will be classic! Good luck with the dash to the line;)

Gunilla
11-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Haha, cute snail Steph! So this is what you do while rendering... posing in leopard bikinis? :scream:

Good idea of a painted background - some stylized clouds on a blue sky could really add to the classic feel of your image. So, bring out those brushes and paint! :arteest:

gpepper
11-20-2005, 09:53 AM
clean view ! Maybe a bit too centered...

Zapan
11-20-2005, 09:56 AM
@ authentic : Thx Vincent , glad you like it...

@ Andy H : Thx Andy , I hope that we will see the guy with his color balance in the middle on these brown/green... Density variation on the treetop ? well I'll try that , thx for the suggestion.

@ makaron : Haha , and now you see him , would you date him ?

@ DimitrisLiatsos : Thx Dimi , and yes render , as soon as possible...

@ madshooter : Thx a lot Roshan .

@ DaddyMack : Thx Daddy :cool: !! Well about the camera , I'm real sorry but I think it will be kinda hard to change that , now my scene is rendering...:blush: If I cut the frame , for a bit more square framing centered more on the tree , would that do the work ? Thx for giving me the disco mood for the rest of my grey Sunday...

@ Gunilla : because that is not what YOU do while rendering ? am I the only one ? :scream: haha...
yep cloudly sky ... brushes, I hope I will be able to do something correct... I've a photoshophobia , didn't I tell you ?

Zapan
11-20-2005, 09:58 AM
@ Gpepper : thx Gilles , argh it will be hard to change the cam now ... If I cut the frame , would that be ok ?

makaron
11-20-2005, 10:07 AM
date? that snail... naaa... not for all the peanuts in the world... haha :cool:
hoping for an update soon tho...

velascodearmas
11-20-2005, 02:22 PM
hey cool.. looking a lot more natural than the last time I saw it. Good job with the leaves/grass/flowers!

Zapan
11-20-2005, 10:03 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132524232_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132524232_large.jpg)

Ground rendered , added a timid blur on the Foreground and also a shiny specular ... What do you guys think about ?

makaron
11-20-2005, 10:09 PM
...! ... .. .... ..... :)

in fact this grass looks good enough to eat.

comment from the GP-gang... :wavey:

Lemog
11-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Always Maya "Greeny" grasses... but you could adjust perfectly the tones in the compositing... the "timid" of the "snaily" guy is a good addiction... more blured can be also good... but you can also have some different color tones for the same thing for the one in the interest, and a bit different for the one in foreground... that kind of contrats can add more depth to your creation...

Go Cadet... ça va le faire :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-21-2005, 08:49 AM
@ dvelasco : thx man , glad if it's better this way and you like the grass/plants

@ makaron : thx Mon', GP's eat grass ? :D

@ Lemog : thx Laurent , so more blur on the foreground it will be, desaturate it a bit too, maybe a more browny/green look...I'll try that. And now the tree finished rendering , so I guess I'll be able to incorporate it...so see you guys later today :)

:wavey:

Climax
11-21-2005, 09:14 AM
• Wow, very nice looking grass! after the challenge will you give me some to smoke? :D LOL just kidding! great work Brouty, the final composition is looking very impressive! I can't wait to see the final image! and it promises to come very soon, I am glad to see u have made an outstanding entry and i wish u all the nessesary strenght in this final days, Go! my friend! :beer:

agou
11-21-2005, 09:27 AM
I've not been in t his thread for a while, and what did I see ? A phenomenal picture...wow! It's really impressing, I really feel the strenght of this man, the weight of the tree...and the render of the grass...fffouuu. You're the lord of the snails, maybe, (even if I could be the queen of turtles), but what a beautiful work!:bounce:

I especially love the "pissenlits", really nice. And long live particles system!

Go on, go on, I'm your fan #1.:thumbsup:

Zapan
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
@ Climax : Oh my god , thx heavens Omar , for incredibly nice words...I'm pretty happy of what I've done until now and this is all because of you guys...Thx again my friend your comment gives me the strengh to finish it...

@ Agou : Thx a bunch you too Sophie. I really appreciate your support , and I'm very proud you keep following this. I'll try to not disappoint you with the next.

Thx again my friends , I love you guys for all your help and support.

All the rendering process is pretty much finished now but one more time I've some serious problems with my computer... lot of boring issues (limited memory, reboot every min, unclosed programs..etc ) ... And I'm baking up once again, I think I'm pretty much damned... So I need to fix that before thinking continue.
I just hope I will fix it before the end of the challenge (bouh , only final compositing is remaining...) :sad: :cry:

jddog
11-21-2005, 12:17 PM
:applause: Stéphane just don't stop... you are doing a so great work... you must find resonable solution to bring this image at end in time !
jdd

Gunilla
11-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Nooo - that's terrible! :cry:
Can't you borrow another machine for the comp? Put all your files on a CD and take it somewhere? I'd offer you to come and use mine but it's probably good to find someone closer :)
Just take a deep breath, stop panicking and try to figure out a solution for this - as the rest says this is far to good not to be finished. Courage mon ami!

sergioKomic
11-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Bon Courage!

:beer:

makaron
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
holding my thumbs that your computer behaves... :thumbsup: you gotta get this finished...

madshooter
11-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I agree with gunilla, best option for you is to burn all your latest files in a cd and borrow A pc maybe some of your friends who stay nearby, or upgrade your pc, increase the Ram or something. Do something but please finish the final image I'm waiting eagerly to see the final:bounce: :bounce:

daWinky
11-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey Stéphane,

bad news again, I hope you can solve the problems, I keep my fingers crossed for you:) . The same problem with my rendering, so I know how you are feeling now:banghead: . One thing to encourage you: there is still time enough to find a solution !!! Best wishes for you

-sabrina

Lemog
11-21-2005, 02:14 PM
I can't propose helping with my super seewing machine... but for technical probs... you can PM me without prob Cadet... I'm not a god... but I really know well some particularities of maya rendering... :scream:

antone-m
11-21-2005, 05:24 PM
will I want to help but :shrug: I think you will deliver in time :thumbsup: so don`t worry alot :bounce: (I guess)

vampeta
11-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi Brouty,

I want to thank you 4 all your great post´s and feedback in my thread.
This kind of friendship between the people in here is just awesome.
You meet people arround the whole world (like you) they don´t even know you.... but everyone try´s to help each other (ok ok the most of them ;)) I whish more people on the world would act like this....

I´m very happy to get people like you as a friend and as a parragon in here!!

And now about your progress:
Your work is just simple amazing fu#.. Great!
And please... PLEASE get your DAM Fu#ing MAshine to work or i will come over and break it into tiny peaces :banghead::twisted::D hahahaha (vorgive me my words Friend i just want to see your Final!!

I´m crossing thumbs on this!
Be right back :beer: Alex

gpepper
11-22-2005, 01:19 PM
All the rendering process is pretty much finished now but one more time I've some serious problems with my computer... lot of boring issues (limited memory, reboot every min, unclosed programs..etc ) ... And I'm baking up once again, I think I'm pretty much damned... So I need to fix that before thinking continue.
I just hope I will fix it before the end of the challenge (bouh , only final compositing is remaining...) :sad: :cry:

Compositing is your friend, my friend !

Gunilla
11-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Hi there! How's it going? Have you managed to solve your tech troubles? :wavey:
Mummy's getting anxious here you know :D

Lemog
11-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Yes... strange... no news about her Cadet :sad: I'm just hoping he's with a friend, finishing the renders on his machine :bounce:

Gunilla
11-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes... strange... no news about her Cadet :sad: I'm just hoping he's with a friend, finishing the renders on his machine :bounce:

Hmm - yes, we can't have him running wild like this - perhaps you should put him in your baby chambers with the librarians? :shrug:

:D soory for the joke - I really hope all is well, and maybe some spam will cheer you up?

daWinky
11-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi there! How's it going? Have you managed to solve your tech troubles?
Mummy's getting anxious here you know

The same from me, I hope your well and your PC is still busy...or should we sent out someone for rescue...:bounce: ?

-sabrina

Zapan
11-23-2005, 04:59 PM
:wavey: :bounce:

Hi there, thx to all for this great support, I've almost cried , while I was reading all your posts.

@ jddog : thx a lot Julien , your comment makes me feel so good .

@ Gunilla : Can't you borrow another machine for the comp? Put all your files on a CD and take it somewhere?

Sorry but I hate to lose, especially against a black box with all these wires coming out of his butt ... So I need to prove him everyday who is the lord of snails here...

I'd offer you to come and use mine but it's probably good to find someone closer
ahaha, that's very generous, but I hope that if I come over to sweden one day , it will be just for visiting ... and play with the cat :D haha...
Ok I stop panicking ... I'm actually in a way better mood now :cool: ...

Hi there! How's it going? Have you managed to solve your tech troubles? Mummy's getting anxious here you know

Sorry mommy, but please please don't lock me with the librarians babies... eventhough they are looking a really great looking movie...ahaha.

@ sergioKomic : Thx a lot Sergio...

@ makaron : thx Mon', say hi to GP's gang and tell them that the peanuts guy is back...

@ madshooter : Well in fact If I must have one goal on earth , it will be to make that silly computer working correctly, so this time I think I have won this battle...haha thx a lot Roshan...

@ daWinky : Yeah thx Sabrina , hope you have done with yours, I think now my machine is ok ... well I hope , because now I have just a "spectacular" folder on my hard drive... so if this time it's not working , I will definetly throw him by the window... btw the I think that I found out what was going on : my BIOS setup was all messed up , that's why I've got all these memory issues and these scary rebooting ...Don't know what happened , a virus really can do this kind of things ?... but now I've fix all this... Thx again Sabrina.

or should we sent out someone for rescue...

UPS guy ? :scream:

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent , I think I'm ok now ... hmm but at least yours working , so which one deserve the most to put in the trash ?...and yes , you are GOD haha [.FAYOT !! ]

@ the best : hey thx man, I realise that you have a lot of trust in me , probably, more than I do... haha, thx a lot Tony...

@ vampeta : Thx a f***ing much Alex !! haha.
This kind of friendship between the people in here is just awesome.
You meet people arround the whole world (like you) they don´t even know you.... but everyone try´s to help each other (ok ok the most of them ;)) I whish more people on the world would act like this....

I´m very happy to get people like you as a friend and as a parragon in here!!

Hey you know what , I feel exactly the same , maybe even better. You have no idea, how much I'm happy , and proud , and lucky to have such of great and talented people around like you man...for that I guess I could say thank you like a million times.

And please... PLEASE get your DAM Fu#ing MAshine to work or i will come over and break it into tiny peaces

Ahaha , oh no no , that just can't happen, please please , let me have the pleasure to do it myself !! Altough you can still come over anyway, I have got some beers, bring on a couple of Bronsons too , I told you I want to party with them ...ahah :beer:

@ gpepper : yep , that will be my philosphy for the future!

Well again thx to all , sorry for this useless complaints...
That's really weird , because I was just out yesterday , and I've the feeling to have been away like a year.. I can't even imagine what it will look like when the challenge will be over.
Just sad thinking about it, when I will get back to my boring habits... But in the other hand , I've already a couple of ideas , for a new picture , and I can't wait to start this stuff...and...and ... wait ,what am I doing , I need to finish that one first !!! So enough talking , here's my current stage ...

I think I'm ready for the final rush now...only remaining the guy renders, but It will be the faster...

Zapan
11-23-2005, 05:02 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132765324_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132765324_large.jpg)

diffuse , specular , shadow and ambient global illumination passes

alancamara
11-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Compositing is your friend, my friend !

i agree and i said to you, compositing my friend. Common, i wanna see this work finished mate. :beer:

Zapan
11-23-2005, 05:04 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132765448_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132765448_large.jpg)

Occlusion pass

Zapan
11-23-2005, 05:06 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132765605_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132765605_large.jpg)

layers stack in photoshop...

Only remaining the guy's layers and also painting a decent sky (don't kick me mommy :))...

Zapan
11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
i agree and i said to you, compositing my friend. Common, i wanna see this work finished mate.

Thx my friend , I will try to not let you down.

Lemog
11-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Well... good to see you Cadet... if with all these beautiful renders you don't realize a masterpiece... never called me Lemog... :D

But... where are renders of the guy ? ... courage for your continuation... you're on the way Steph :thumbsup:

antone-m
11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
keep going you are doing great :wip:

gpepper
11-23-2005, 07:14 PM
bah tu vois quand tu veux ! :thumbsup:

Pooyag
11-23-2005, 09:22 PM
you are really getting somewhere! i'm happy for ya!:) :thumbsup: Keep it up

Gunilla
11-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Ahhh - someone's in a much better mood now - managed to beat the nasty computer, eh? Well done! :thumbsup:

Nice layer stack too - but where's invisible guy? :)

daWinky
11-24-2005, 07:07 AM
I see the renders...I think you've won the fight with your PC:) . This looks very promising, Stéphane:thumbsup: ...good luck now with your strong guy and then let us see the whole composition:bounce: !

-sabrina

agou
11-24-2005, 08:08 AM
your computer must be strong to support all these photoshop layers! Go on, your work is getting well, final render will be very nice.

:bounce:

Zapan
11-24-2005, 10:10 AM
@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent , the guy's renders will show up soon...I promise...

@ the best : Thx man :bounce:

@ gpepper : ahah, au début j'avais lu : "bois quand tu veux" ahaha ... je me suis formaté des neurones au passage je crois...

@ 3rd user : thx Pooya ! :)

@ Gunilla : yes , I screamed with a very wild,strong ,deep, manly, snail voice...ROAAAR !! :scream:
I guess my machine was impressed... Who is the boss of you now !!! ahaha...
The guy will appear very soon now...

@ daWinky : yes , I won this fight ... now I need to win some others : coffee and cigs argggh... I whish the best for yours , I'm sure you are so much stronger than I am...

@ agou : Thx Sophie "final render" I like this word...:wip:

Zapan
11-24-2005, 12:13 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132834389_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132834389_large.jpg)

Here's the guy !!

and now a sky... pfiouuu...

RedXR
11-24-2005, 01:14 PM
You've made a complete believer out of me...amazing progress! The camera angle and lighting are pure and simply perfect, the grass looks amazing as well. Great progress!:thumbsup:

antone-m
11-24-2005, 01:18 PM
yeah that`s what I was talking about keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
11-24-2005, 01:19 PM
G l'impression qu'elle va être mortel cette image :)

GI-JOe2k
11-24-2005, 01:46 PM
i'm totally agree with you Elendil ...ça va décarcasser!
GO go go my zapounette!! rock n roll!!

makaron
11-24-2005, 01:48 PM
the hunk is back :p good luck with the sky....

gpepper
11-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Here's the guy !!

Go on ! It looks like an awarded picture !

Gunilla
11-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Wow! :eek::eek: This is so good now, you must be very proud - congrats for these final steps...

And that was said with the strong, forceful snail voice I suppose? ;)

Don't worry - you'll make it - the Photoshop gods are now ordered to be at your side!

Lemog
11-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Well... nothing to crit for the moment, I'm really happy to see now the guy... contrasted well with the tree, better finally that I suppose... it looks very very good for me... sky mastering now... :thumbsup:

alancamara
11-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Ow, very well, you are comming so good no crits to me too. :thumbsup:

gardogg
11-24-2005, 04:17 PM
His left hand, forearm, and elbox region do not look natural. I only say this because I hate to see a flaw like this spoil all of the awesome, flawless work you have done on everything else. If you have a chance, maybe you can look into checking over that region with a reference photo and see if you can find what is wrong with it.

Zapan
11-24-2005, 05:22 PM
@ Red_Plague : Hey thx a lot man for these really nice words , I really appreciate this , and I'm very glad you like it :blush:

@ the best : Thx a lot Tony , you are the best !

@ Elendil le Grand : marci beaucoup, glad you like it , I'm trying to do my best ...

@ GI-JOe2k : ahah merci ma poule , t'as meme pas idée a quel point je suis content que ca te plaise ! :bowdown:

@ makaron : thx Mon' and now I see him like a running peanut guy Ahaha....

@ Gunilla : thx a lot Mommy and Do you hear you computers over the all world , I can beat you whenever I want !! ROOOAR :scream:

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent , glad if it's working, in fact I was kind anxious to composite the guy because he's rendered with a different lighting and a different layer ... but thx to the occlusion pass...:) :cool:

@ denverbz : Thx a lot Alan for your constant support :bounce:

@ gardogg : Hi Gary , well I agree with you , in fact you have no idea how many things I find wrong, because I'm pretty maniac for this kind of stuff and I swear in many other case I would get back to this and correct them. But I'm sure you know the feeling that I have now, 3 whole months spend in this picture...I'm really sick of this picture right now and I really want to finish it ... And despite these unatural and wrong things I'm quiet happy of what I have now so ... sorry to disappoint you with that , but I think I'm not going to get back to this ... I will try to paint a decent sky , play with photoshop for the final touch and submit the final soon. Sorry and thx for your help man .

gardogg
11-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I completely understand. You've done a great job one way or the other.

Zapan
11-24-2005, 05:49 PM
@ gardogg : thx :beer:

@ gpepper : an awarded picture ? hmm I'm really not sure about this , but at least I'm pretty happy of the result of this so for me I guess that's a victory against myself anyway :)
Thx a lot Gilles !

ThierryS
11-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Wow, on the bigger picture the work you did on that tree is simply amazing. Well the guy is high class work too actually. But I'm repeating myself... so go on Steph and impress us all right till the end of the making of your masterpiece. :thumbsup: :)

rattlesnake
11-24-2005, 06:06 PM
wow mate, the compo is very nice, i think the skin looks amazing, i really love this picture:bounce::applause:, oh and the tree is awesome :eek:

authentic
11-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Hem... Your now my favorite entry. Love concept, point of view and realisation. :applause:

Zapan
11-25-2005, 09:04 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132909445_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132909445_large.jpg)

First attempt for the sky, painted in photoshop

Zapan
11-25-2005, 09:05 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132909540_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132909540_large.jpg)

whole composition

Zapan
11-25-2005, 09:07 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132909623_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132909623_large.jpg)

Light effects and global mood correction...

Zapan
11-25-2005, 09:17 AM
@ thierry2005 : Thx a lot Thierry , for all your help and your great support adn I'm repeating myself but it's so true, thx a bunch.

@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge for the nice words and support ! :bounce:

@ authentic : I am ? Wow It's quiet hard to believe , but it's a lot of pressure on me and my tree...Thx a million :bowdown: :)

So I'm kind of nervous right now because , I can't find a good appreciation of that sky and the general color balance and stuff, like is it too much ? or the right side isn't too dark ? the left too bright ?... So Don't hesitate people to tell me what you think about it, or maybe if I have to do another sky... I will be out for a couple of days for the week end , which is probably a good thing to have a new fresh eye on this before the final tweaking...

C&C never be so welcomed and Have a great week end everyone and rendez vous on Monday for the final decision...:wavey:

Lemog
11-25-2005, 09:43 AM
It's really really really really good Cadet... just a little bit more motion for the tree... and especially for leaves... that must certainly make them tremble...

comes GREAT :thumbsup: nothing to add...

makaron
11-25-2005, 09:45 AM
better run and take cover, the rainstorm is coming... :eek:
I like it.. powerfull weather to a powerfull guy... :bounce: and agree with lemog about motion...

monsitj
11-25-2005, 09:56 AM
very cool image man! enjoy your development , and some point I notice is , smoke , Is it too black? I think black smoke is come from vichicle or something , if it come from soil ,maybe you can try brown color or dark yellow and lower opacity down,

funkyboss
11-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Great detailled work mate!
Impressive and efficient!
With a good BG and atmosphere, that would be a great picture!!
Keep up the good work
Good luck!!:thumbsup:
PS: his bracket make me feel strange.. it looks like a watch....just my feeling:scream:

Gunilla
11-25-2005, 12:10 PM
No need for photoshophobia, my friend! It looks absolutely great!
Monsit has some good points I think - other than that:
SuperSnailEffortsGivesSplendidResults :bounce::bounce:

I don't want to add to the pressure so I don't mention the possible award qualities - oupps!

Elendil_le_Grand
11-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Realy Beautiful :)
Bravo :thumbsup:

antone-m
11-25-2005, 12:15 PM
about the sky I don`t know maybe you can make a smaller clouds and spread them over :rolleyes:
can`t wait to see the final image :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-25-2005, 02:50 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132930203_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132930203_large.jpg)

Added a leaves blur , brownish/yellowish the dust and reduce the opacity, added a yellow and purple ambient light...and also removed the metal piece of the bracelets...

What do you guys think like it ? is it better or not at all ?

Zapan
11-25-2005, 02:51 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132930306_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1132930306_large.jpg)

some closeups...

Gunilla
11-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Ok - lets see - I really like the leaves blur :thumbsup: Great!
And wow! I didn't see the overbloomed dandelion until now ... beautiful :cry:

I think the dark purple for the sky might be the right way - but perhaps make it more subtle, with less contrast to the rest of the sky. Also the brown dust would probably be better more transparent ... you don't want anything to steal the focus from Mr Big and his tree - right?

This is definitely on its way to the top! :bounce:

Zapan
11-25-2005, 02:59 PM
@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent ... something blurred like that ?

@ makaron : ahaha thx Mon' and be carefull of the GP fur haha....

@ monsitj : Thx Monsit , you're absolutely right , I've tweaked that on this last update , is that better ?

@ funkyboss : Hey thx a lot man , ahah I've removed the "watch" you were not the only one who told me...

@ Gunilla : Thx that's really sweet , but you know , I told you already , the pressure comes from YOU ahaha... ROOOARR ! (did I scare you ?, did I ?)

@ Elendil le Grand : Thx a lot friend !!

@ the best : argh yeah , I also need to try that , thx for your help man !

Wow no smilies... So have a great WE everyone :wavey: (damn it !)

Zapan
11-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I think the dark purple for the sky might be the right way - but perhaps make it more subtle, with less contrast to the rest of the sky. Also the brown dust would probably be better more transparent ... you don't want anything to steal the focus from Mr Big and his tree - right?

Thx Gunilla , yep, I will do corrections in that way ... sunday evening !
Thx again, have a nice week end...and see you monday.

antone-m
11-25-2005, 04:14 PM
very cool updates no crits :wip:

funkyboss
11-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Yep! It is nearly perfect!
I can't crits it is very clean!
The contrast of the sky is strange but it works!
Maybe try differents versions, just to compare ambiances.
Best of luck mate! Excellent work:bowdown:

daWinky
11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Hey Stéphane,

I've almost missed some great updates:eek: ...and now I'm a little speechless...:scream: .
This looks just great...I think your last adjustments have made it...perfect blur for the leaves now, the sky looks fantastic...the only thing about is, that the tree seems to cut the sky in two parts...the white and the dark one, perhaps take away a little contrast...And then the big guy: absolute nothing to crit here, just perfect:thumbsup: . So I think the final is near now...:bounce: !!??
Have a nice weekend!

-sabrina

alancamara
11-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Great stuff here, amazing details. Is comming very well mate, i'm sure that the scene will be great. congrats :bounce:

Project_Omega
11-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi. I'am mostly new around here and didn't read all the messages, mostly jumped to the end, but if you'r open for few a suggestions then how about if you would do some more fractaling on root's at the lower left end of the tree, something like on the picture. And how about puting some more muscle's on his back. Hope you don't mind for the picture:).

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/RaMarko/Sugestij.jpg

mmoir
11-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey Brouty ,

Awesome job so far, the leaves on the tree and the character itself is great:thumbsup: :thumbsup: . The textures here look very good. One thing I would try to do , is curl the fingertips a bit , if I were to try and lift a tree :) I would have grab hold of something like a groove in the bark or the stump of a broken off limb. I think if you just curled the fingertips it could make it more believable.
Great job on this.

vampeta
11-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi my Friend.

pretty Awesome you latest updates!!
Crossing thumbs on you last finetunings ;)
I can feel it... the final is near :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

P.s: don´t wait too long 4 the upload of you final... just a hint! ( even the greatest server will crash when in the last minutes 200-300 crasy people try to upload their finals :surprised

be right back... cheers :beer: alex