PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Brouty Stéphane

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Zapan
10-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Thx friends.

@ Denverbz : I was planning make leaves by hands to get less of polygons as possible , like plans with opacity maps but if the results isn't good maybe I will try to make them with PaintFX. Still don't know, I guess I have to try both....

Damn, I got a very friendly virus who crash my computer:banghead: . I spend my whole day making backup:cry: . So... no update for a while until I fix all that ... But the good new is that I still can spam your threads :twisted: because I can use another PC as an internet connection ... So see you around in your threads , I will try to fix that soon. Thx to all for your support friends you are the best.:wavey:

and ... f***... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

makaron
10-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Like your tree... it looks both strong and graceful... :)

Gunilla
10-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Oh, bad news about the virus - those things are a nightmare :eek:
Good news about you being able to spam though :thumbsup:

Hope you can fix it without to much trouble.

suk-grigorij
10-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Good modelling:thumbsup: . Just not sure about middle part of the tree. Too thick, or it's just me?

gpepper
10-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Thx friends.

@ Denverbz : I was planning make leaves by hands to get less of polygons as possible , like plans with opacity maps but if the results isn't good maybe I will try to make them with PaintFX. Still don't know, I guess I have to try both....

Damn, I got a very friendly virus who crash my computer:banghead: . I spend my whole day making backup:cry: . So... no update for a while until I fix all that ... But the good new is that I still can spam your threads :twisted: because I can use another PC as an internet connection ... So see you around in your threads , I will try to fix that soon. Thx to all for your support friends you are the best.:wavey:

and ... f***... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I think U should invest in a good antivirus! When you're suppose to work on some great things, this is the minimum...
I hope you will fix this soon !

Lemog
10-10-2005, 05:00 AM
I hope your computer will be ok soon to have the follow of the story mate... keep it up Cadet :bounce: :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-10-2005, 07:37 AM
@ makaron : Thx Mona for coming by , glad you like it. Ouh wait I need to find your thread :)

@ Gunilla :
those things are a nightmare
isn't it ?
Good news about you being able to spam though
Maybe I could start my spamming session on yours :twisted:
Hope you can fix it without to much trouble.
The real trouble now is reinstalling everything properly...

@ suk-grigorij : Thx grigorij, I will check this.

@ Gpepper : Yep , I had one but that spyware was still going through :sad:
But I will be carefull now...

@ Lemog : thx friend for your support...

Ok things are going faster than I tought so maybe I will be back at work tomorrow.

ThierryS
10-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Hope everything is back to the normal now. Good tree model by the way!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Poor Zapan... I thought you might need to cheer up, so

Congrats!

http://www.bitspin.net/tmp/computer.gif

Hahahaha, sorry - perhaps it's not fun at all :blush:

Lemog
10-11-2005, 07:03 AM

Congrats!

Hahahaha... the Award's Queen :scream: :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-11-2005, 07:13 AM
Boahahahah :scream:

Ouhouh my first award ever .... and probably the last one (someone said that ?) Bring on the champagne Hahahah...

Oh thanks sweety for this nice attention and making my day , I'm now completly awake... :wise:

@ Lemog : isn't she great at it ? Maybe she could do that as paidjob ...

@ thierry2005 : thx thierry for your support, I hope being on tracks soon...

Lemog
10-11-2005, 07:16 AM
@ Lemog : isn't she great at it ? Maybe she could do that as paidjob ...
For sure, we have planed to create together "the rubber suit company", specialized in Awards and Wallpapers (with James as freelance)...

...and if that doesn't pay, at least, that made laugh :scream: hahahahahah

gpepper
10-11-2005, 07:19 AM

Congrats!

Maybe U work in a company which make the smileys ? no ?

Hahahaha... the Award's Queen :scream: :thumbsup:

I think Gunilla is a queen, for sure !

Gunilla
10-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Oh thanks sweety for this nice attention and making my day , I'm now completly awake... :wise:

I'm glad you like it :)
... and that it helps you push your computerwork further - we all miss your updates here!

Lemog - "the rubber suit company" hahaha, that is a great idea! I'm sure people will be willing to pay a fortune for this kind of stuff :rolleyes:

Great start for the day guys! haha

makaron
10-11-2005, 07:38 AM
I have been thinking... and have a Q for you, Zapan...

what kind of tree do you model?
is it a rubbertree?... :bounce:
such great award you got, and hope your computer is Ok soon...

Lemog
10-11-2005, 07:41 AM
is it a rubbertree?... :bounce:

Thanks Mona... it's the cherry on the cake :banghead: :banghead: hahahahaha:scream:

Zapan
10-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Ahahahahah Mona, you girls are killing me :scream: like we say in france : "C'est le ponpon..." (Good luck to translate this one...):twisted:

oupsss almost spill my coffee... I was this close to get a rubbersuit for me ahaha...:banghead:

gpepper
10-11-2005, 07:53 AM
oupsss almost spill my coffee... I was this close to get a rubbersuit for me ahaha...:banghead:

RUBBERSUIT AID FOR ZAPAN
send money !

Lemog
10-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I was this close to get a rubbersuit for me ahaha...:banghead:
For sure... just send me your photo and I arrange that soon... take care Cadet :twisted:

RUBBERSUIT AID FOR ZAPAN

send money !

Very good idea... don't forget to send the money to the RubberSuit Company... :bounce:

Gunilla
10-11-2005, 07:57 AM

Haha, nice try! ... someones seems eager to get that award :rolleyes: :scream:

RUBBERSUIT AID FOR ZAPAN
send money !

Good idea! Send it directly to the company account :D

... oh dear, I really should get some work done here today. Impossible!

Gunilla
10-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Hahaha! Lemog - talking about simultaneous marketing!!

... This might be a big success :scream:

Zapan
10-11-2005, 07:59 AM
ok people maybe I could pay for the suit but please please please don't send me the skinny slave with... and no pervert dwarf neither Ahahahah

Lemog
10-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Hahaha! Lemog - talking about simultaneous marketing!!

... This might be a big success :scream:

Another challenge for us... Simultaneous Spamming Marketing...

... oh dear, I really should get some work done here today. Impossible!
I understand you... I have really much evil to also work, and yet, I must finish to crush Sancho today. :scream:

Lemog
10-11-2005, 08:06 AM
ok people maybe I could pay for the suit but please please please don't send me the skinny slave with... and no pervert dwarf neither Ahahahah
Ok mate... and also... don't forget to pay so that we stop to spam here :scream: :cry: I don't know why... I can't stop laughing this morning... :banghead: I must do my real update of the day... but I can't... :shrug:

gpepper
10-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Ok mate... and also... don't forget to pay so that we stop to spam here :scream: :cry: I don't know why... I can't stop laughing this morning... :banghead: I must do my real update of the day... but I can't... :shrug:

I think you deserve the SPAM AWARD WINNING this day, m8 !

Gunilla
10-11-2005, 08:12 AM

I think we can provide you with something better to your liking... how about a fluffy rabbit? :D

Ok mate... and also... don't forget to pay so that we stop to spam here :scream:

I think that was perhaps your best business idea so far :thumbsup:

... who's next? :twisted:

Zapan
10-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Wait.... I should pay for stop spamming here when everybody's spamming here for free ?
Wow I think your company is very very well thought :scream:

But yeah I better should go back to my reinstalling business :banghead: :banghead:

Lemog
10-11-2005, 08:22 AM
But yeah I better should go back to my reinstalling business :banghead: :banghead:
Heyhey... after laughing... it's your mission for today... go mate :bounce: :bounce:

scootermaya
10-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Nobody is working today ??? :scream: :scream: :scream:

Lemog
10-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Nobody is working today ??? :scream: :scream: :scream:

me ! me ! :scream:

makaron
10-11-2005, 08:40 AM
you girls are killing me :scream: like we say in france : "C'est le ponpon..." (Good luck to translate this one...):twisted:

don´t even dare to try translate that :blush: I have about 15 words in french that I know.. and these are none of them... haha...

scootermaya
10-11-2005, 08:44 AM
don´t even dare to try translate that :blush: I have about 15 words in french that I know.. and these are none of them... haha...

15 ! I'm very very curious to now them !:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

gu
10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I like it´s roots!:)

DaddyMack
10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Wheyaah... That is a really creepy but enticing tree Zapan:thumbsup: And love the nuttiness in this thread too;)

Zapan
10-11-2005, 02:24 PM
@ Mona , Michel : Yeah , I would be curious to know what kind of word you know with all the frenchy silly guys around here :scream: Hahaha...

@ Gus_clifton : thanks man

@ DaddyMack : Hey Thx Robert , I'm almost ready to work on that tree again...

makaron
10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
@ Mona , Michel : Yeah , I would be curious to know what kind of word you know with all the frenchy silly guys around here :scream: Hahaha...

le caoutchouc, l'arbre, le nain, l'ange, le costume, le monsieur, la Madame, et moi ont un traducteur sur l'Internet. C'est à son sujet. :bounce:

gpepper
10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
le caoutchouc, l'arbre, le nain, l'ange, le costume, le monsieur, la Madame, et moi ont un traducteur sur l'Internet. C'est à son sujet. :bounce:

le monsieur, la dame et moi avons un traducteur sur internet...

Lemog
10-11-2005, 04:23 PM
hahahahahaha... very good :thumbsup: congrats girl...

rattlesnake
10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey man the tree modeling is awesome, very organic, great shape, is only perfect, good job man

makaron
10-11-2005, 06:12 PM
merci beaucoup des messieurs. :) Zapan, gpepper, scootermaya and Lemog
j'espère que Zapan a eu son ordinateur starded bientôt, ainsi je ne dois apprendre plus le français et j'espère que ce traducteur fonctionne, aucune idée ce que j'écris maintenant. :hmm:

Zapan
10-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Woa Mona your french is very good.--->Ton francais est tres bon ^^

Hope you won't need your "traducteur" soon. Congratulations or "Félicitations" Hihi :scream:

@ rattlesnake : Thanks a lot my friend , those words are sooo nice :bowdown:

Ok people , I have a brand new clean computer so I'm the road again Yaiyeee:scream:
Now I must work on a good update to not let you down guys...Many thx to all of you.
Yeeepeee :bounce: :bounce: (so happy)

Gunilla
10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Ok people , I have a brand new clean computer so I'm the road again Yaiyeee:scream:
Now I must work on a good update to not let you down guys...Many thx to all of you.
Yeeepeee :bounce: :bounce: (so happy)

Great news! Looking forward to see some textures here :thumbsup:

Good you could have your computer fixed so fast ... was it the award...? :scream:

OK, promise - this will be my last spam post for today :)

Zapan
10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Ahahah thx sweety :scream:

With an award like that , it's like the best motivation ... :bounce:
Oh you can spam here, but just be carefull on what you say, because I'm learning by now how to make an award just for you :twisted:

Hihi thx have a nice evening , tomorrow will be a loong day (of laughing and spamming hahaha..)

Grorum
10-11-2005, 08:36 PM
A really tortured tree...I like it.

flaeticia
10-11-2005, 08:43 PM
hey je savais pas qu'il y avait des cours de langues sur ton post steph'
tu m'invites ? :D
j'aime bien les cours de langues :D

Ca me change les idées :P

scootermaya
10-11-2005, 09:09 PM

C'est chaud là Steph ! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Oh you can spam here, but just be carefull on what you say, because I'm learning by now how to make an award just for you :twisted:

Ouuuu - should I be scared? It isn't the "Worst Spammer on Board Award" - is it?

hahaha, glad to see you back in shape again and awaiting that update :thumbsup:

gpepper
10-12-2005, 07:10 AM

C'est d'un goût...

Zapan
10-12-2005, 07:16 AM
@ Grorum : Merci Jean-Claude.:bounce:

@ scootermaya : yeah Michel , you're right that's a little bit hot here :eek: Hahahah....

@ flaeticia : Yeah of course you could join us , welcome in our classroom :scream: , but I must warn you that the french teaching here isn't an academic one (je dis n'importe quoi , mais je crois que ton post m'as fait perdre la raison hahahah :scream: just kidding....

@ Gunilla : Ouuuu - should I be scared?

Why are you feel guilty for something ?

makaron
10-12-2005, 07:20 AM
.oO( today I´m not gonna write anything, since the spam adward is up) :eek:

OK, one thing, :p update soon I hope, wanna see more of ya "rubber"tree...

Gunilla
10-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Why are you feel guilty for something ?

... moi? :rolleyes:

Mais pas de tout - je suis innocent par tout ... pas de Spam pour moi aujourd'hui :scream:
( did I get that even half-right?)

Zapan
10-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Hahaha lol , that's right , no spam so I guess you're fine for today ^^

That's a really good french , I'm very proud of my little swedish girls students,keep doing like that , and it might be an shiny award waiting for you ... :thumbsup:

(I really need to post an update soon , too much spam in this thread lately)

scootermaya
10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah ! that was good Gunilla! Even I understood...

about the leçons Zapan, tell me when Laetitia is comming ... if I can help you out, hein :bounce: ? (pardon Flaetitia, j'ai pas pu m'empecher!:) )

makaron
10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Je ne peux pas même orthographier récompense. Je ne peux pas même écrire le français.

but I wan´t to see a update on your rubber tree... :bounce:

Lemog
10-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Je ne peux pas même orthographier récompense. Je ne peux pas même écrire le français.

but I wan´t to see a update on your rubber tree... :bounce:
Fiken ungmö :scream: hahaha

Pooyag
10-12-2005, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes: i'm Just Curious, What's up with your PC?:) do you remember?:rolleyes: you got a Shinny Little PC:D

flaeticia
10-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Regarde moi le le steph :D
il s'est plus où il en est :D
Draguer draguer, et faire des hommes musclés c'est tout ce que tu sais faire :D
huhu

;)

Look at steph :D he doesnt know where he was :D
to Dredge to dredge, and make muscular men its all that you know how to make :D
huhu
;)

gpepper
10-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Regarde moi le le steph :D
il s'est plus où il en est :D
Draguer draguer, et faire des hommes musclés c'est tout ce que tu sais faire :D
huhu

;)

Look at steph :D he doesnt know where he was :D
to Dredge to dredge, and make muscular men its all that you know how to make :D
huhu
;)

C'est un peu ce que je me disais... Faudrait peut être recommencer à bosser un peu ici !

That's what I was thinking about... Hey ! It's time to work again now ! :deal:

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
10-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi. very interesting concept, and the modelling is looking great. good luck.:thumbsup:

Zapan
10-13-2005, 08:36 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129192573_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129192573_large.jpg)

Ok , I think I'm pretty done with the modeling of the tree. Perhaps I will hade some more branches with I will put leaves.

Here's the low poly wireframe

Zapan
10-13-2005, 08:38 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129192732_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129192732_large.jpg)

Smooth shaded version

Zapan
10-13-2005, 08:41 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129192859_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129192859_large.jpg)

Some test with a displacement map. Early stage of course ,still exploring this method, need to find the right setting.

Zapan
10-13-2005, 08:43 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129193021_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129193021_large.jpg)

Same settings with another displacement map...

ThierryS
10-13-2005, 08:49 AM
:bounce: that's awsome detailing of that tree Stéphane. Cool displacement, keep up the nice tests

Lemog
10-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Great shape and displacement for your tree Cadet... et tu peux continuer à draguer, c'est de ton âge quand même, non ? :scream: hahaha :thumbsup:

makaron
10-13-2005, 09:05 AM
finally ;) and it looks good too...

ihamid
10-13-2005, 09:12 AM
hi Zapan ... the tree is looking very very nice!! :thumbsup: ....like it a lot! ... and the displacement maps are coming out pretty promising !
cheers!

Zapan
10-13-2005, 09:18 AM
@ 3rd user : lol , I think he's ok now

@ flaeticia : Noooo , You sum up all my day preoccupations...
Et encore il me reste encore du boulot hahah.. Je m'incline devant votre clairevoyance:bowdown: Ahahah :scream:

@ gpepper : Sorry mate here's some updates...

@ thierry2005 : Thanks Thierry, I'm still tweaking by now... :bounce: :bounce:

@ Lemog : Thx Laurent.
Hahaha :scream: , true , but this place maybe isn't the best one... Haha

@ makaron : Ha thx Mona , ladies and gentlemen the rubbertree is back...:bounce:

Zapan
10-13-2005, 09:24 AM
@ ali_rahimi_3d : Thx a lot man , I'm also jealous of your modeling skills

@ yunisirees : Thx hamid, I 'm very glad you like it

gpepper
10-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Looks Cool ! I hope U will find the good parameters, to decrease the render time ! :argh:

Gunilla
10-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Lovely shape for your tree, Stephane! The displacement map is coming on fine too. So, I guess you got an inspiration virus in your machine :)

It's going to be fun to see the strong guy lift that one up :thumbsup:

Oh, and I see you're handing out awards today.... hmmm :rolleyes:

Zapan
10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Thank you both !

@ Gpepper : Maybe if I move the tiny details on the displacement to the bump map , it will decrease the render time, I 'm gonna try that...

@ Gunilla : Thx Gunilla , maybe the dead Pc award was actually an inspiration virus...^^

suk-grigorij
10-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Sorry, Zapan, but you are made some overbump here. I guess you need 60% (or so) of what you got on the last update.

Zapan
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129228085_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129228085_large.jpg)

Lot of tweaking today... I think I'm getting a little better. So I scale up the displacement map and add a bump one. Now I think I need to set the diffuse map to see the result before continue the test...

Zapan
10-13-2005, 06:29 PM
oh don't be sorry Grigorij , all comments and crits are really welcome, specially there because that's the first time I use the method... I have make some change , hope I'm getting better.

Lemog
10-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Just a council about your bumpydisplacementstuff...

I don't know if it's really easy to give you here an objective crit about the bark... try to give it quickly some tones near to the final one... or better, texture it in the same time... you can save much time for futur operations, like that, you and us will be able to really see if the result is good... and near of a real one... my 2cents... :beer:

(well... 4 lines without joke... I'm really serious today... :rolleyes: )

daWinky
10-14-2005, 05:51 AM
This displacement looks already quite good to me:thumbsup: - I'm curious to see how you adjust it for the smaller branches...happy tweaking!:)

-sabrina

alancamara
10-14-2005, 05:56 AM
What is this Brouty Stéphane? Amazing displacment :bounce:Are you using Zbrush?Great stuff here, i wanna see more :applause:

Zapan
10-14-2005, 06:57 AM
@ Lemog : one council ? no I guess that's a one good point for you Laurent :) , I admit that is pretty hard for me to picture myself if that bark is getting better or not , so I guess it will be more obvious with a diffuse map to see the result. I'm gonna make some test today an post it as soon as possible. Thanks Laurent for your wisdom:thumbsup:

( and you give the mood of the day :scream: :bounce: )

@ daWinky : Thx a lot Sabrina. Actually branches are different objects with a different unwrap and different displacement map because I was thinking earlier that the setting will be pretty different on that area sooo.... We will see if I was right or not...

@ denverbz : :) thx Alan, no I didn't use zbrush, the displacement map is a mix of reference photos tweaked in Photoshop and rendered with Mental Ray... I'm still exploring the field, and post it later today...

Lemog
10-14-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks Laurent for your wisdom:thumbsup:
Wisdom ??? me ? no mate -> only lazy :twisted:

guruv
10-14-2005, 08:41 AM
vey cool design ..good luck ..

Poonks
10-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Yoyoyoyoyoyo my friend :buttrock:

This is a long time i didn't go there... i miss many things...
A la francaise parceque je suis une chèvre en anglais...

Alors comme çà mOnsieur y chope des virus, y drague et apres on avance plus... j'te félicite pas enfin j'dis çà moi...!! Sinon çà prends une super tournure, la pose est nickel et l'arbre commence à être vraiment sympa...j'croyais que tu t'était mis a Z sur le coup mais même pas... en tout cas bravo!! :applause:

Keep the great work my friend, hope to see the next step...

Ah j'oubliais... Cadet çà te va comme un gant comme pti nom... alors hein c'est qui le jeune maintenant... huuuuummmmmmmmm??? :twisted:

Gunilla
10-14-2005, 09:23 AM
The displacement is coming on fine here!
I agree it would be a good idea to try it with a simple test shader, plain brown with very low specularity. I think the reflections in the white may cause it to look more exagerated than it is. Really sweet work :thumbsup:

Pooyag
10-14-2005, 01:29 PM
damn,you're good...maybe a little less Displace would do the work//// Keep it up:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Nice Displacement. My thought is that ,if u want to see if it's too much , throw some color texture (tree's) and see how it looks...maybe it helps to have so much Disp...maybe it doesn't and u have to tone that doen 50-60%...just an idea..:bounce:

Zapan
10-14-2005, 02:21 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129299707_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129299707_large.jpg)

Hi all, a little step by step to see each map. That's still a test of course and all maps need to be tweak to fit better on the model. I'm still looking for the right setting

Zapan
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
@ guruv : thx man glad you like it !

@ Poonks : Yoyoyoyo my friend :bounce: !!
bin vi il m'est arrivé plein de trucs ahahah ... et non je me suis pas mis à Zbrush , c'est un truc pour les pros ca... mais je commence à découvrir le displacement MR et c'est sympa.

*Yes my friend lot of things happened lately, ... and no zbrush , it's for pros, not for me , but I discovered displacement with Mental Ray and that's cool. *

Glad to see there and thx man :bounce:

@ Gunilla : thx , you were right about the reflection I remove that from the basic blinn I used , plus I kind think it decrease the render time.

@ 3rd user : many Thx Pooya , still testing... :)

@ DimitrisLiatsos : oh thx Dimi , I've done some change in the last one and try a diffuse map.
Thx a lot for coming by :thumbsup: :bounce:

agou
10-14-2005, 03:01 PM
The work on the displacement is nice, and plus the bump and the texture this tree is quite nice, maybe bump a little bit too pronunced. That's all for crits so keep it up mate!:bounce:

alancamara
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
I wanna more :applause: :applause: :applause:

gardogg
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Fantastic texturing job! No crits.

scootermaya
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
It looks very good to me... as for time saving, I'll go with Lemog's advice (fayot!)
Your rendering gives a very tones.
I would give a different bump to the hole in the middle though, as we can see, it disapears when you do the rendering...it's a shame, it looks so good in white

makaron
10-14-2005, 07:51 PM
a lot of technical stuff and terms here... :rolleyes:
but I think the tree is getting there... looking better... with color on it... :)

Lemog
10-15-2005, 07:10 AM
It's that I can spell a good test Cadet... don't forget moos, mushrooms, lichen, torn off pieces of bark, blows... and that will be perfect :thumbsup:

gpepper
10-15-2005, 07:25 AM
ça le fait bien mon p'tit gars ! jolies textures ! et le displace ? t'as utilisé les lien que je t'avais filé ?

vampeta
10-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Hi Friend!

W:eek:W Awesome textures!
This scene is realy going to become a masterpiece! :thumbsup:

Great Work!
Cheers

Zapan
10-15-2005, 08:28 AM
@ Agou : Thx Sophie , Yeah I think that the bump is a little too strong too.I'm gonna reduce it. Glad you like it :bounce:

@ denverbz : Ahah , many thx Alan for your constant support, now I think I need to move on the entire model , more updates are on the way.Thx my friend.

@ gardogg : Thx Gary , glad you like it.

@ scootermaya : Lemog's wisdom, can't struggle with it (Fayot encore plus ahah)
Yes Michel you're right, now I find how the displacement works (basically) I think I can work correctly on the map ...

@ Makaron : a lot of technical stuff and terms here...
Oh sorry for that :blush:

but I think the tree is getting there... looking better... with color on it...

That's the most important if the color one is looking better:bounce: . About that I realise earlier that's my very first entry with colors on it... :rolleyes: Thx Mona.

@ Lemog : Thx Laurent , yes, the most important now adding details that's making the model alive...

@ gpepper : Thx Gilles, Yeah I look at the video , it was more less the same setting that I found except in yours, he explain why he made that setting, soo very helpful to understand...

Zapan
10-15-2005, 08:34 AM
WOW , thx heavens Alex I will try to make a good job for the next.
Many thx for dropping by :bounce: :bounce:

Digital_Rebellion
10-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi, nice concept. Wishing you good luck for the challenge :)

reiv
10-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Hi Zapan,

Good work on this material, I've got nothing to crit there, just keep it up!

antone-m
10-16-2005, 04:55 AM
lol very cool I like that keep it up :thumbsup: (cool textures :bounce: )

Zapan
10-16-2005, 06:03 PM
@ Digital_Rebellion : thank you , and best wishes for you too.
Oh and thx for your reply on my Polly thread,as you see, I'm pretty focused by now on the challenge, so I will finish her later .

@ reiv : Hey , thank you Olivier , I'm very happy you like it ^^

@ the best : thx man :bounce:

Thx for your support people , I hope I will be able to post and update soon :bounce:

Zapan
10-18-2005, 10:56 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129632995_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129632995_large.jpg)

Here's my current stage, I had the feeling to go as fast as a snail. I also made a test on the floor, but it was too ugly to show. Next step will be plants, mushrooms, floor etc...
Comments and crits are really welcome.

Lemog
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
hmmm... you need certainly a bump with more contrast... to have less bump but more hard bump edges... each pieces of bark seem very smoothie... and... wet... it needed some parts of mat material... not easy to explain... but also, that depend of the distance with the cam... less bump with good texture can do it... courage cadet... ça avance quand même bien :thumbsup:

agou
10-18-2005, 12:15 PM
I dont have Lemog's experience in bump and textures, so I won't make any crits or useful comments. I will just say that this tree is really good looking, and I think you're not as slow as you say (I'm slower in my mind).

Keep it up!:bounce:

Gunilla
10-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Looks good!
Lemog has some really good thinking about the variety of the bumping - perhaps it would also be good to pull down the specularity some. That would make the shifting in colors clearer I think.
sssnail speed, huh? I know all about it :scream: We still have plenty of time so just keep on tweaking - it will be awesome :thumbsup:

alancamara
10-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi Stéphane. The look is good:bounce:. I think that you did a good work with the textures again. The uv map looks to me perfect like the color map, no distortions and the displacment is very good. Perhaps you could decrease a bit more the bump, as Lemog said, i don't know what the distance that you'll put the camera, but on this distance, the bump map looks to me with a bit sharpness. Yuo are doing a great work here :applause: congrats my friend :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Thx friends :love:

@ Lemog : thank you Laurent , so reduce the bump, raise the bump map contrast a little. Then raise the specular eccentricity and reduce the specular roll off. Ok mate I'm gonna try that , thx for your help , soo appreciated :) :thumbsup:

@ agou : Merci Sophie , I'm very happy to hear that , thx a lot for your push. :bounce:

@ Gunilla : thx Gunilla <-- See ? I can do it :scream: , yes I'm gonna follow this advices less specularity and also decrease the backlight power. And yeSSS SSSnail SSSpeed (last time , promised) maybe I spend too much time spamming on your thread lately :scream:

@ denverbz : Thx a lot my friend for your very nice words , I'm gonna keep tweaking.

Gunilla
10-18-2005, 01:43 PM
@ Gunilla : thx Gunilla <-- See ? I can do it :scream: , yes I'm gonna follow this advices less specularity and also decrease the backlight power. And yeSSS SSSnail SSSpeed (last time , promised) maybe I spend too much time spamming on your thread lately :scream:

Ahh, good - then I don't have to call you "Son" anymore :scream:
And evidence shows it's not possible to spam to much on my thread, it's soon endless hahaha!

Keep up the good work, looking forward to you next update :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Ok Cadet... I'm out now, if you have any question, ask to mummy :scream: hahahahahahaha :banghead:

PORTENAOIK...

Zapan
10-19-2005, 06:28 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129703326_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129703326_large.jpg)

Zapan
10-19-2005, 06:34 AM
And evidence shows it's not possible to spam to much on my thread, it's soon endless hahaha!

Do you really believe that ? I still owe you an award you know ?

ask to mummy :scream: hahahahahahaha

Mummy ? like this one (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=211344&page=5&pp=15) :scream: :twisted:

Gunilla
10-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Do you really believe that ? I still owe you an award you know ?
Mummy ? like this one (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=211344&page=5&pp=15) :scream: :twisted:

If it's the spam award I don't think I've earned it yet ....:blush: :scream:

And now, both of you - Stop calling me Mummy, you hear! If not, there will be no candy on Saturday - understood? :twisted: ( great looking Mummy BTW!)

EDIT: the last update looks so much better now, wonderful texture for that tree, congrats!

Lemog
10-19-2005, 06:52 AM
there will be no candy on Saturday - understood? :twisted:
No prob saturday... I couldn't eat something saturday :scream: hahaha gnagnagna

Cadet -> this tree grow up very well... just generally bark cells decrease of size upwards... but in your case, is really not a prob, trunk is very short and the branches leave of its eyes... good then :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-19-2005, 08:13 AM
there will be no candy on Saturday Not a problem for me either, Saturday I use to eat liquids :beer: ;)

Thx for the tree, one day I should do branches :banghead: ... I'm going back snailing a bit :scream:

daWinky
10-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Hey, this looks very convincing to me - maybe it's growing slow, but it comes along very nice:thumbsup: ...Really great work on your uv's, I can't see any disortion!:)

-sabrina

Lemog
10-19-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm going back snailing a bit :scream:
I think you're not the only one :twisted:

Zapan
10-19-2005, 11:41 AM
@ daWinky : Danke schön Sabrina :)
I can't see any disortion! Oh there is some , but I guess the displace cover it a little. :D

@ Lemog : I hope so ;) but I guess this is a fight against myself to finally finish a picture :banghead:

makaron
10-19-2005, 12:14 PM
that tree looks like a strong and stubborn three, that it would not let go so easy, even if the strongest man in the world would like to pull it up of it roots... in shorter, it beginning to look good :)

and trees grows slow in this time of the year,, that´s why the snailspeed... :bounce:

BobbEr
10-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Nice job with texturing :thumbsup:!

antone-m
10-19-2005, 01:00 PM
cool texture Zapan :thumbsup:

alancamara
10-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi Stéphane, i'll tell again. Your work with tthe textures is amazing:bounce: . I know as this is difitculty:banghead:.I can't wait to see finish, really very good friend. Congrats :thumbsup:

gpepper
10-19-2005, 02:32 PM
This is great, maybe too much displaced, but great !
Maybe less specularity too...

Gunilla
10-19-2005, 02:43 PM
I hope so ;) but I guess this is a fight against myself to finally finish a picture :banghead:

Of course you're going to finish! If you get stuck ( and I know a lot about that) I suggest you drop what you're working with and pick up on something else - then when you have made it almost complete - it will be easier to go back to the "stuck" part... so, if you're tired of the tree - why don't you start texturing the strong guy? Or playing with the comp?

Taking some time off can make a big difference too ... anyway - here's some energy coming your way! :scream:
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/ban-cha.gif

Zapan
10-20-2005, 07:03 AM
@ makaron : hmmm I see what you mean , but I think that roots gonna be change when he will pull it up ... I need to find some reference about it ... thx Mona..

@ BobbEr : Thx man.:bounce:

@ the best : thx man.:thumbsup:

@ denverbz : Thx a lot my friend but there is still a lot to do, trying to do the best I can.

@ gpepper : Thx Gilles, less displace and less specularity , ok I'm gonna try that :wip:

@ Gunilla : Don't worry , I'm still there, because all of you people :) . In fact I'm testing by now a good way to make the floor but everything I made was too ugly, so I'm gonna try several stuff...Good luck with your snailing, I'm gonna take care of mine :D

Ps : great dancing guy :scream: :bounce:

vampeta
10-20-2005, 08:36 AM
As far as i can see is this the best textured CG-tree i have ever seen :thumbsup:

You have much to teach us ;)

Cheers Alex

makaron
10-20-2005, 08:46 AM
I´m a big strong girl, I can go out and pull up a tree and send you the photos later... haha... not...

but if I run into something that illustrate it, I send it over... :) Is it one side of the three the rots are gonna show?

Zapan
10-20-2005, 10:00 AM
@ vampeta : OMG :eek: Danke schön mein freund :scream: :bounce:

Teach you ? Oh my, surely not , it will be like a kitty teaching a lion how to hunt :scream: ... But If you want I would be really happy to show settings and maps :) .

@ makaron : Ahahah you have got to show me that , please pull up an acacia , it would be easier for me :D

scootermaya
10-20-2005, 08:10 PM
No problem on the tree...looks perfect to me ! I like it a lot.

ihamid
10-20-2005, 08:42 PM
...looks perfect to me ! I like it a lot.

i second that :bounce: :bounce: ! getting nicer everyday i see it!:)

alancamara
10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi Stéphane, thats tree will be beautiful mate:bounce:. Are you already the light setup? I liked especially of the root area, is great:thumbsup:. Congrats :applause:

daWinky
10-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi Stephane, are you still snailing...?:bounce:

-sabrina

Zapan
10-21-2005, 06:50 AM
@ scootermaya : thx Michel , glad you like it :bounce:

@ yunisirees : thx Hamid :bounce:

@ denverbz : Ahah thx friend, the light set up ? no no , for now it's just 2 point lights :shrug:

@ daWinky : Hi Sabrina :wavey: , Ahahaha one point for you , but yeah kind of , I'm fightening right now with the PaintFX to render correctly some grass and plants but nothing really convincing until now :banghead: ...so still tweaking.

DimitrisLiatsos
10-21-2005, 06:58 AM
... I'm fightening right now with the PaintFX to render correctly some grass and plants but nothing really convincing until now :banghead: ...so still tweaking.

Nooo...why my friend...?...is ground a dense nurbs surface ?..if not..turn that to a nurb surface ...and start painting like nuts ...grass...flowers... :) ...Tree is awesome, u can go for the rest easy i think. :wip: :wip: :lightbulb :lightbulb .

P.S; what problem exactly u are facing with it...it lacks reality?(paintFX).. :hmm:

scootermaya
10-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Dim is right, with a Nurb surface and some well placed paint strokes it should be cool

rattlesnake
10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
hey man...just great!...this is one of the most realistic textures for a tree i ever see...i really like the texture on it....those are really nice results:applause::applause:

Zapan
10-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Thx you guys

@ Dimi : In fact the prob is the huge amount of polys resulting of the convert paintFX to poly, I tried to reduce tube sections and density , but everything I had is 500k of polys on a tiny part of the floor... :shrug: But I 'm still exploring the method to get the right setting... Thx man

@ ScooterMaya : Thx man

@ Rattlesnake : Thx heavens Jorge, really happy you like :bounce:

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Have you tried hair for the grass? It could work well if your original plan doesn't ... but I'm sure you sort it out.
So, time to crawl out from your snail house, mylord! :bounce:

Lemog
10-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Cadet, why do you want to convert your PaintFX in polys ?

scootermaya
10-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Cadet, why do you want to convert your PaintFX in polys ?

I beleive Cadet wants to render with something else than Mayarender :rolleyes:

Lemog
10-21-2005, 08:56 AM
I beleive Cadet wants to render with something else than Mayarender :rolleyes:
I don't think is a real problem... he can used Maya Soft Render only for strokes and composite the final picture... I'm sure he can save lot of time like that... :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
10-21-2005, 09:23 AM
I don't think is a real problem... he can used Maya Soft Render only for strokes and composite the final picture... I'm sure he can save lot of time like that... :bounce:

Exactly..remember compositing is your friend. :bounce:

Zapan
10-21-2005, 11:17 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129893433_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1129893433_large.jpg)

Test with PaintFX grass

daWinky
10-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Wow, this gras looks very realistic to me. Great work:thumbsup: ...nice snail, by the way:)

-sabrina

SweD
10-21-2005, 11:23 AM
héhé cool point of view. realistic grass and good lightning.
nothing to crit to me :)

Zapan
10-21-2005, 11:26 AM
@ Laurent, Michel, Dimi : You 're right guys, of course you're right, to be honest I didn't think rendering with mayasoft , but I should try it maybe it would decrease the rendertime. In the last pic I found the way to reduce the polycount , less of 10K for the whole scene , so I guess it will be +/- correct. 30min rendertime with MR with final gathering for the grass pass.

And yeah I so agree with you things will be so much faster using render pass and compositing.
Thx for your help and advices

@ Gunilla : thx , Actually I keep trying PaintFX to learn how it works. Thank for your interest .

Zapan
10-21-2005, 11:29 AM
@ Dawinky : Ahaha danke schön Sabrina , I decide to put my family :scream: in the pic

@ SweD : Thanks a lot man :bounce:

Gunilla
10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Oahhh! Looking lovely :bounce:

I see you don't need to try another solution - this will be great!

... and I notice you've left the snail house now :D

ThierryS
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Hehe, nice work there Zapan, good displace and texture on the tree. Cool snail too:thumbsup: :)

Pooyag
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM
that is impressive,really good looking snail....what else is in the scene?:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

gardogg
10-21-2005, 03:10 PM
You've got to be kidding me! That grass looks real! Good job...

makaron
10-21-2005, 04:34 PM
I see that Lord of the snails finally reach to the grass... and the grass looks very good too... :bounce:

alancamara
10-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Stéphane, great work mate, you did a great work again:bounce::bounce:. Are amazing :applause: I loved the snail over the rock. You are using paint fx, are you thinking to use Maya default render on this work? Congrats again Stéphane, great work friend :applause: :applause:

madshooter
10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Very nice update dude, the grass looks real cool:thumbsup:

Lemog
10-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Perfect... grass just perfect for me :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: run now... :D

makaron
10-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Perfect... grass just perfect for me :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: run now... :D

hi Lemog, do you think the Lord of the snails will reach to the leafs this weekend? :p

Zapan
10-21-2005, 05:35 PM
@ Gunilla : thx Gunilla :bounce: , yeah the snail need some fresh air :scream: hahaha.

@ Thierry2005 : Thx Thierry , very glad you like it...

@ 3rd user : Thx Pooya , in fact it will depend of the time left after having done the tree, the guy and when the composition will be final. So I guess more time remaining after that :curious: , more little things like the snail will exist.:shrug:

@ Gardogg : Thx a lot Gary

@ makaron : Thx a lot Mona

@ denverbz : Thx a lot Alan, no this one is render with a basic MR finalgathering ,didn't try mayasoftware yet, maybe soon if the rendertime becomes too long.

@ madshooter : Thx a lot Roshan, glad you like it

@ Lemog : Thx Laurent :bowdown: running ? Hahahah , I will try :scream:

I won't be able to work on that this week end but I'll try to update soon. So have a nice week end everybody and thx a lot all of you People :bounce: . And maybe the next time , the snail will have climb the tree to branches and leaves , hu Mona ? And maybe he will find a fairy on it ;) :scream:

makaron
10-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Looking forward to the update snailboy meets fairygirl... :love: haha

antone-m
10-22-2005, 06:28 AM
lol cool grass can you tell how did u make it ?:bounce:

scootermaya
10-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Sooo , it works not bad at all ! Congrat man ! I like it a lot... can't wait to see the next pict

gpepper
10-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Excellent job Steph ! the render is great ! and the grass looks cool ! :thumbsup:

Hiha_Psychose
10-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Grass looks very great.
Fast, the next :)

++

medunecer
10-23-2005, 10:58 AM
I like the point of view, the shoot of the camer. I agrre with the other fellows: very good grass!

Mr. Luddite
10-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Nice work! I'm looking forward to seeing the next update.

Zapan
10-24-2005, 07:00 AM
@ Mona : Hahaha :love: :blush:

@ the best : thx a lot man , grass is maya paintFX converted onto polys ,rendered with Mental Ray, I've tweak a little the shader to fit better with the tree and the rock texture... that's it.

@ Scootermaya : Merci beaucoup Michel, glad you like it.

@ gpepper : Merci beaucoup Gilles :)

@ Hiha_Psychose : Merci :bounce:

@ medunecer : Thx man , in fact , I would like to keep this kind of point of view for the next (of course not exactly this one) , I think it might be cool to have a first plan grass.

@ Mr. Luddite : Thx man.

Thx to all people for your great words and nice support, I'm back to work now, so I hope having an update soon to show :wavey:

rattlesnake
10-24-2005, 07:30 AM
hey mate the grass is very good, but i think it needs a bit wet look...just a bit..im not sure if more specular will do it, or maybe some glossiness too..is just a bit..it looks great already if u leave it as it is now is perfect anyway..:thumbsup:

monsitj
10-24-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah! grass is great! and I also like the Depth of field effect too! add more depth ! nice stuff ,can't wait to put all element all together!

Gunilla
10-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Knock, knock!

... back in snail mode? :D

JamesMK
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Great grass! The DOF works pretty well already too. Looking forward to see what plans you have for the lighting and so forth.

Zapan
10-24-2005, 01:25 PM
@ rattlesnake : Thx a lot Jorge, you're right , I'm gonna try to put some specular/wet part, thx friend for the suggestion.

@ monsitj : Thx a lot Monsit :bounce:

@ Gunilla : Knock Knock ! mmh...hmmpf... sss...sss...Who's there ?...sss...sss...(don't know if snails are actually doing these kind of sounds)...sss...sss... Ah Hejsan Gunilla !.:scream:

More seriously , I'm actually unwrapping branches by now, very long task, very boring and soo not interesting to show at all. So I'll try to show something more interesting later , maybe tomorrow... Thx for cheering :)

@ JamesMK : Thx a lot James :bounce:

Gunilla
10-24-2005, 01:48 PM
(don't know if snails are actually doing these kind of sounds)

The last one I met did :D

Good luck with the Unwrapping, I'm feeling for you, sharing your pain :scream:

Sinister
10-24-2005, 06:00 PM
could you please please please please post a very simple howto for how you did the tree texture? and showing the maps would be very very appreciated too!

very nice work!

vampeta
10-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Marelous... just marvelous.

hmmm... i´m a little speechless about all the detail work :eek:

Go on this way my Friend... it´s PERFECT:thumbsup:

Cheers Alex

jddog
10-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm really impressed about the quality of your work.
Awersome details :applause: + :thumbsup:
jdd

Zapan
10-25-2005, 09:20 PM
@ Gunilla : :) thx for your support

@ vampeta : Danke schön mein freund :bounce: , your comment is so cheering man :)

@ jddog : Mille merci Julien, so happy you're back "we...missed you" :scream:

@ Sinister : Sure ! Here's maps and settings. But remember , that I 'm really not an expert of it, I'm sure there is some ways to improve this to have a better result, but this is just what I have... If it helps, I would be the happiest :) .... just scroll down.

Zapan
10-25-2005, 09:34 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130275949_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130275949_large.jpg)

Dislacement setting
You also need to tweak the alpha gain of your map to have positive/negative dispacement

Zapan
10-25-2005, 09:41 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130276400_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130276400_large.jpg)

Bump , specular , and color map

Zapan
10-25-2005, 09:52 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130277156_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130277156_large.jpg)

...and here's my current stage : painting like a nuts :)

I guess more leaves needed but I will certainely add them on the final framing. For now I think I'm gonna make a short break of the tree a start the texture of the guy...

BlackUnicorn
10-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey guy it`s very cool!!! How did you make it?? :)
where did you take the texturities from?
How did make the leaf ?

Digital_Rebellion
10-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Kicka** texturing of the tree. I love it. :thumbsup:

Lemog
10-26-2005, 03:44 AM
Speechless Cadet... really... awesome tree so far... more leaves ? yes and no... depend to the distance between camera... chapo bas mec :thumbsup:

Climax
10-26-2005, 04:49 AM
• The tree is looking good Brouty!, though if the guy will be lifting it, u should pay attention on its size and thickness, maybe a langer trunk in the base would give u space to place the man, textures are great, a little more folliage and it will be ready :thumbsup:

• Cool new avatar, i liked the polly one too:cool:

daWinky
10-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Wonderful work:eek: !! This is an amazing tree...definitely worth all the effort you put in it:thumbsup: . And really nice surrounding too.:)

-sabrina

makaron
10-26-2005, 06:23 AM
guess that your snail is a very happy snail now, with all these nice looking leafs to eat... :bounce:

gardogg
10-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Very nice job so far. I think on the top right and the top left of the tree there are some branches that end abruptly as if they were snapped in two. Tree branches don't normally ever end in a stump. They taper off in small little offshoots and twigs. Hope that made sense. You should look up some more reference photos of tree branches for this I think. NO offense! I love your work so far!

Gunilla
10-26-2005, 07:50 AM
The tree came out beautiful! :cry:
How did you make the foliage?
Your texturing so rocks ... I'm envious.

Pooyag
10-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Very interesting work on the Tree...looking forward to see more on the leaves.:thumbsup:

Zapan
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
@ BlackUnicorn : Thx a lot, textures are from 3dTotal cd's. Leaves are paintFX.

@ Digital_Rebellion : Thx a lot man :)

@ Lemog : Thx a lot Laurent , soo glad you like it :bowdown: , I agree with you , lot of things will depend of the final framing. I'm about to start the guy's texture , and then work more on the composition.

@ Climax : Thx a lot Omar , yeah you're right , I had a lot of thinking concernig the size of the tree and the guy and I have to admit , that I 'm still not sure about it. So I guess nothing is really final until I will put all elements together and then.... Tweaking time !!:banghead: .Thx a lot for your comment Omar , glad you like my snail (reflecting better my personnality :scream: hahaha)

@ daWinky : Danke schön Sabrina :bounce:

@ makaron : Thax a lot Mona.... nooooo, silly me , forgot to put the snail somewhere :banghead: ... well too late , next time :scream:

@ gardogg : thx Gary, I agree but one more time I guess that it will depends of the final framing to tweak that because I'm not sure that branches end will be visible...

@ Gunilla : Thx a lot Gunilla :blush: , foliage is Maya paintFX

@ 3rd user : Thx Pooya, but I'm gonna make a short break for the tree , back to the guy now :) ...

alancamara
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi Stéphane, amazing work mate. No crits :applause:

gpepper
10-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Bah merde ! Je croyais avoir mis un comment juste aprés le screen de l'arbre !?
Bien cool mon p'tit Steph, vraiment un beau taf !
Les feuilles, c'est fait comment ?

Sh%£ ! I thought I sent a post after your tree screenshot !?
Great cool work little "Cadet" !
How did U make the leaves ?

Zapan
10-27-2005, 07:06 AM
@ denverbz : Thx a lot Alan :bounce:

@ gpepper : Thx Gilles , merci beaucoup , leaves are PaintFX, shrub.mel brush if I remember correctly.
Je croyais avoir mis un comment juste aprés le screen de l'arbre !?

ui , le serveur était un peu lent lorsque j'ai posté ces images, peut etre un backup ou maintenance, ca m'as pris 30 min a uploader...

scootermaya
10-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Nice ! Very nice ...
Good job on the tree.:thumbsup:
Let's see the guy now ! :bounce:

flaeticia
10-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Les feuilles, c'est fait comment ?
c'est du paint effects non ?

sinon c clair que ca taquinebien la steph :p

;)

bonne continuation

µµµ*****µµµ
its paint effects, isnt it ?

youve make a great work :)

keep up the good way

Zapan
10-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Michel , Laeticia : Thank you both , :bounce:
Yeah , leaves are paintFX.

I've almost finished to unwrap the guy :wise: , so I will be able to start texturing him soon yey :bounce:

Maybe , if I'm not snailing too much, I will post the first picture later...

TheFirstAngel
10-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Really Nice work on the tree, keep it up mate! chapeau monsieur, fantastique! :):thumbsup: :applause:

antone-m
10-28-2005, 12:33 PM
wow what a tree :eek: keep it up :thumbsup:

agou
10-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Très beau l'arbre!
Very nice tree!
Keep it up!:bounce:

Zapan
10-29-2005, 01:05 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130591098_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130591098_large.jpg)

First test of the MIsss shader.
Now I think I'm ready to start maps and stuff

GI-JOe2k
10-29-2005, 01:08 PM
great zapan nothing to crit for me ;)

allez déchires toi bien copain je te surveille du coin de l'oeil ;)

Zapan
10-29-2005, 01:10 PM
@ the1st_angel : Hey thx a lot Sacha, merci bcp ;) :bowdown:

@ the best : Thx a lot man :bounce:

@ agou : merci beaucoup Sophie , glad you like it.:)

@ GiJoe2K : Hey thx a lot my friend , glad you like it,... on va essayer ;)

OK friends , I 'm about to start painting skin maps , hope I will be able to show that to you soon, have a nice weekend everybody and thx for your great support :wavey:

monsitj
10-29-2005, 01:23 PM
yes! very nice sss skin! nothing to comments! good job dude:thumbsup:

alancamara
10-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi my friend, congrats. :bounce: The man are so good how i said and you have been a good work with the textures and i'm sure that would be better with sss. Congrats mate :thumbsup:

antone-m
10-29-2005, 03:21 PM
very cool skin :thumbsup:

khaleghi
10-29-2005, 04:07 PM
nice modeling,I like that style,but I think that tuxture needs more work.:scream:

gardogg
10-29-2005, 05:16 PM
This is coming along very nicely. You know what you are doing! My crits: I think his abs look too squared off and his fingers too short and stubby.

Zapan
10-29-2005, 06:32 PM
@ monsitj : Hey hi Monsit, very glad you like it , thx for coming by :bounce:

@ denverbz : Thx a lot Alan :)

@ the best : Thx a lot Tony :thumbsup:

@ Fredy : but I think that tuxture needs more work
Ahaha , good one :thumbsup: , Thx anyway

@ gardogg : Thx Gary, you're definetly right about fingers I need to fix them , concerning abs you're also right but I'm not sure if they will appears in the final framing so , I still don't know if I'm gonna fix that.Thx for your good eye :bounce:

madshooter
10-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanx for visiting my thread dude:) I my self missed many of good posts earlier in your thread,
Really sorry about that dude:sad: I got busy with some studio job, you have done a great progress in your scene :thumbsup: Character and Env looks real cool:thumbsup: , there is some problem with his fingers as mentioned earlier by gardogg, everything else looks great.
Keep going dude, Waiting for your next step:bounce: :bounce:

polygonwarrior
10-29-2005, 07:38 PM
COOL WORK GOING ON IN UR ThREAD BRO .keep up the good work:thumbsup:

Gunilla
10-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Wow, Stephane! :bounce:

He looks incredible - so... huge :)

You continue to amaze us and I think you can drop that snail title now ... how about "Titan of textures" instead? :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-30-2005, 06:42 AM
@ madshooter : Ha thx a lot Roshan for dropping by and your nice words. I'll try to fix gingers a soon as possible.

@ Cubisis : Hey thx a lot man :bounce:

@ Gunilla : Hahahaha aren't you the sweetest ? That could be your title :love:

"Titan of textures"? are you mad ? It would unbelievebly arrogant and unrespectfull to other great artists around...Plus I swear I'm a litlle ashamed to have all these great comments , nothing really great in this update just the basic Misss from Maya MR.

makaron
10-30-2005, 06:45 AM
the snail is back... and he hava a big strong man in company... :bounce: good start on that one...

Gunilla
10-30-2005, 06:46 AM
"Titan of textures"? are you mad ? It would unbelievebly arrogant and unrespectfull to other great artists around...Plus I swear I'm a litlle ashamed to have all these great comments , nothing really great in this update just the basic Misss from Maya MR.

OK - I see your point... how about "Map Fiddler" then? :scream:
About the gret comments you get.. just enjoy it, the generousity of this community is very special - and we're all pushing each other forward with this, right?

So now, lets see some more of this pretty hunk :thumbsup:

Pooyag
10-30-2005, 08:24 AM
that's very good Zapan,keep it up:thumbsup:

Zapan
10-30-2005, 06:48 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130701688_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130701688_large.jpg)

First stage texturing the skin.
Tried to paint some veins but I still need to bump them a little.

gpepper
10-30-2005, 06:55 PM
C'est parti !
Bonne inspiration pour la texture je te souhaite ! :thumbsup:

Zapan
10-30-2005, 06:59 PM
@ makaron : ha thx a lot Mona , I almost see a little cute GP in tigerstripes behind them :scream:

@ Gunilla : Fiddler ? the musician ? didn't get that one :banghead: And everybody is so cheering me , a big thx to all of you people.

@ 3rd user : Thx a lot Pooya...

Ok first try for the skin but there's still a lot to do. But in fact I have a very hard thinking about that head : hairs... I was thinking maybe some blond long hair and a short beard but maybe you guys are picturing him in the different way... maybe shaved , bald ? some curly hair ?... dark hair ? well I will make some test , maybe it will easier for you...

Zapan
10-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Thx Gilles I will take yours as inspiration :bounce: :)

khaleghi
10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
the skin is going better,but still needs work.:thumbsup: good luck.

Lemog
10-31-2005, 04:20 AM
Thats comes perfect Cadet... the way is better than good... and I can smell the victory... you already have a great skills... visible in your realization... congratulations... I adore your work... continue like that... more update now... plizzzzzzzzzzz :scream:

antone-m
10-31-2005, 05:00 AM
what an angry man :applause: hehehe keep it up:thumbsup:

makaron
10-31-2005, 05:03 AM
hair or not? :rolleyes:
hope that you can show us some hair... so we can see the diffrence... :)
but he for sure looks good bald too...

Gunilla
10-31-2005, 06:19 AM
@ Gunilla : Fiddler ? the musician ? didn't get that one :banghead: And everybody is so cheering me , a big thx to all of you people.

Oh, sorry... sometimes my english... well, it's just a way to say the same thing in a more humble way - I think you're great with textures!

Now, go on fiddling :arteest: The big guy is coming on really well!

Zapan
10-31-2005, 06:34 AM
@ Fredy : ok and more works it will be...thx

@ Lemog : Thx heavens Laurent for these great great words, it's so cheering ! :bounce: I will try to not let down for the next :bowdown: ... et on va essayer de passer la seconde :scream:

@ the best : Ha, thx a lot mate :)

@ makaron : Yeah I will try to do some tests, maybe it will more obvious with. Thx Mona :)

@ Gunilla : Thx a lot Gunilla , sooo let's go fiddling then :bounce:

Ok friends so I guess my to do list for today will be reddish the cheeks , maybe add some veins , eyes , eyelashes , eyebrows , maybe some hair too..... pfiou :wip:

daWinky
10-31-2005, 06:37 AM
Great start with texturing your lumberjack - I really like this skin shader:thumbsup: ! Very convincing...now the details:bounce:

-sabrina

madshooter
10-31-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey nice start on texturing dude:thumbsup: Well I'm Kinda scared of him He is looking at me as if he is gonna Kick my a.:)

ThierryS
10-31-2005, 07:49 AM
HI Stephane, great face and expression! Love it :bounce: and the texture is very nicely done too.

Serious and funny at the same time, well done!

Zapan
10-31-2005, 08:05 AM
@ daWinky : Thx sabrina , details now :wip:

@ madshooter : Hahahaha thx a lot Roshan , and don't worry the guy only kick trees....and snails for being too slow :scream:

@ thierry2005 : Thx a lot Thierry , very glad you like him :bounce:

Poonks
10-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Woooooowwwwww :eek:

Really amazing my friend!!
Really good start on the texture... a little more differnt color on this face will be good...
Not another critics for me this picture will be a masterpiece!

Just... i hope you will finish it this time if not... i will come to piogres and i will kick your a**...:D

Lemog
10-31-2005, 10:41 AM
for me this picture will be a masterpiece!
I totally agree with you about this point... :thumbsup:

and i will kick your a**...
and for this other point too... :scream: mohahahaha

Gunilla
10-31-2005, 10:43 AM
and for this other point too... :scream: mohahahaha

I'm sure Steph will finish - he knows what will strike him if he doesn't.

The Spam Revenge :twisted:

Lemog
10-31-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm sure Steph will finish - he knows what will strike him if he doesn't.

The Spam Revenge :twisted:
hahahaha... don't push me girl... always hard for me... each time... that give me the envy of a new funny wallpaper... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I must resists... I must be strong... I must be a real strong man :scream: hahahaha

evanfotis
10-31-2005, 11:35 AM
I love your work man.:thumbsup:
Great attention to details and proportions.
I also enjoyed your woman thread.
It seems, knowing how to draw 2D really helps 3d modeling...
Waiting to see the modeled comp.

agou
10-31-2005, 12:41 PM
ooh what a nice skin ! It seems soooo sweet, looks like a baby skin !!! What d'you say, you didn't model a baby ? What a pity, this shader is so cute, with this nice palish pink...
ok, I joke, I'm fan of this shader, you do a great work on it (did snails help you?) !:bounce:

alancamara
10-31-2005, 01:21 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130701688_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130701688_large.jpg)

First stage texturing the skin.
Tried to paint some veins but I still need to bump them a little.

Good start.:bounce:

The texture will be great with fast skin. I'm waiting to see more. :bounce:

Zapan
10-31-2005, 03:03 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130774585_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7838/7838_1130774585_large.jpg)

2nd try for the head skin

Zapan
10-31-2005, 03:11 PM
And now I'm very very very scared for my butt :scream: , my tiny snail's butt...:wise:
@ Lemog , Gunilla, Poonks : thx a lot for this pressure , I need that , you're the best you guys.... and girls

@ evanfotis : Hey thx a lot for the words man , I'm very glad you like it , I'll try to do my best for the next to not let you down , thx again mate for dropping by here :bounce:

@ agou : Thx Sophie, baby skin ? maybe I look mine too much in a mirror :scream:
I reddish cheeks in the last post but maybe it 's bit too much...

@ denverbz : thx a lot Alan , but he already have misss fast skin :blush: , maybe I need to tweak the scale conversion to see him better...

Pooyag
10-31-2005, 03:15 PM
that's a great texturing...i really like it:thumbsup:

sergioKomic
10-31-2005, 03:18 PM
:thumbsup: nice texturing going on here!

Zapan
10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
3rd user , sergioKomic: Thx a lot you guys , Very happy you like it .

Oh and I forgot :

.../// Happy Halloween Everybody \\\ ("")... http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/jason2.gif http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/ghostface.gif

agou
10-31-2005, 03:38 PM
ooooh, and now he has nice pink cheeks...So cute !:p :)

Gunilla
10-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Hmmm - about the pink cheek... I think they could be much more red, after all he's lifting that giant tree, right? So, red face, popped up veins ( oh - we like veins! :-) and some sweat could give an idea of how heavy that tree is and how amazingly strong our hero is :love:

Happy vein and SSS tweaking! :thumbsup:

gpepper
10-31-2005, 03:48 PM
On sent qu'il force !
Nice texture Steph... Keep working ! you're on the right road !

makaron
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
the eyebrows give him a really strong facial expression... :)

daWinky
10-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh yes, I love this expression...definitely on the right way with the texture:thumbsup: . This is going to be great:bounce: :bounce: !

-sabrina

antone-m
10-31-2005, 04:48 PM
now I think he is gonna blow :twisted: cool tex. keep it up :thumbsup:

Zapan
11-01-2005, 07:25 AM
@ agou : Still a baby look ? :banghead: well maybe I need to tone up red all over the head... thx Sophie

@ Gunilla : so more red , "in search for veins" too and sweat... hmmm don't know how to make that maybe playing with the specular...Thx for your help sweety :)

@ Gpepper : Thx Gilles, glad to get it better , tweaking continue :bounce:

@ makaron : Thx Mona , I also need tu put some eyelashes and make correctly eyes :argh:

@ daWinky : Thx Sabrina I will try to do my best for the next:bounce:

@ the best : Haha , yeah he's probably gonna blow just one second after this, thx I was hoping for this feeling...

alancamara
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
He is comming live! :eek: Great work my friend. :hmm:I think that you could put a bit dirty, sweat, no? I think that will be better. Common, keep going! I'm impatient to see more. :bounce:

scootermaya
11-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Genial ! eh, you keep this one one the side (for later)... with a pair of long red and blue stockings and a cape, it should look good , no ? :thumbsup:

Micro26
11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Nice character,love that expression he has.I agree about some tweaks with the shader but it looks very promising.Go on:thumbsup:

madshooter
11-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Wow Dude, No crits He looks awesome:thumbsup: Very nice texturing:) Now I can't wait to see
more:bounce: :bounce: Just wanted to know are the eye textures final or may be because of lighting looks too bright:)

rattlesnake
11-01-2005, 05:50 PM
i think this skin test is cool...maybe it needs some more contrast but is going ok..about the overall look of this guy well..i picture him bald, with more beard, not a long beard just heavy , like two days unshaved or something like so, i hope it helps:buttrock: