PDA

View Full Version : Anime attempt

noelt
09-05-2005, 08:09 AM
This is my attempt to do an anime in my own style, thick lines, if i was to do anime it would have to be in a style which is uniquely mine. Comments on this, i'm thinking about the background or anything about the character is good too.http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/noeljtaylor/cc.jpg

Ilikesoup
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
if i was to do anime it would have to be in a style which is uniquely mine.

I think I understand what you mean but in trying to develop your own style you're really limiting your options by trying to keep it anime looking. Try to develop your own style by deciding what features you like to see in art and, most importantly, what you are capable of drawing repeatedly. THEN if you feel the need you can add the stylized hair, the hooked nose and big cupie doll eyes if you think it looks good.

As for this image, I think you've sacrificed anatomy for style and it's a bit difficult to read. His ears look too far back on his head and it looks as though his neck has flaps of fur. Also the coloring is confusing and doesn't add to the picture at all. I'd suggest pencil sketches (LOTS of pencil sketches -- you'll gain mostly by doing) for awhile just so that you can focus on the shape of things. Until then color will just distract you IMO.

Good luck!

noelt
09-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey thank for the feedback Ilikesoup. That is fur and the ears are like a wolf ear this is suppose to be a kind of wolf-boy type creature right there i'm gonna add some fangs, i'll update this piece and your suggestions will make a difference.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2005, 03:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.