PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 2D Entry: Ego Lataire

Ego
09-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Ego Lataire is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=7793)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: Extreme Unction--Trial of Pastor Kyle
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7793/7793_1126264017_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2622764#post2622764)

Ego
09-05-2005, 07:05 AM
And so it has begun. The fear, the excitement, the ... My first entry into any competition whatsoever. Last challenge was too exciting and I did not even participate. This will be so much fun :D

Squibbit
09-05-2005, 07:10 AM
yay Queenie! Nice of you to join!

Ego
09-05-2005, 07:13 AM
yay Queenie! Nice of you to join!

Thanks Sir Squibs. Talk about rushing in where angels fear to thread. :D
But wooooohoooo..what a rush.

Art2
09-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Good luck queenie!! Most of all happy painting!

JamesMK
09-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Coolness, Lataire - besides, with a name like yours, it seems like a most natural thing to do something spectacular. Good luck!

ace4016
09-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Good Luck:thumbsup:

Lemog
09-05-2005, 07:53 AM
For sure, a true interesting piece to follow here... best wishes for you Ego... and have fun :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
09-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Best Luck and have a lot of fun! :)

gpepper
09-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Have fun Ego ! Nice to see U there ! :thumbsup:

Ego
09-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Coolness, Lataire - besides, with a name like yours, it seems like a most natural thing to do something spectacular. Good luck!
awww thanks. My goal is to learn as much as I can :D

Good luck everyone!

umbrellasky
09-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey Queensoul thanks for the support. I look forward to seeing some of your ideas. Good luck!!

Llynna
09-05-2005, 11:10 AM
welcome welcome queenie :) i hope you find your inspiration for this one :) i am sure you will learn tons :thumbsup:. i am still a learner myself, but you know, if there's something i can help you with, just ask^^. lets find the inspirational spirit *gg*

artjunkie
09-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Nice to see you signing up for another one Queenie! Looking forward to seeing this thread develop!

Cheers, and good luck!!!

Ego
09-05-2005, 11:16 AM
welcome welcome queenie :) i hope you find your inspiration for this one :) i am sure you will learn tons :thumbsup:. i am still a learner myself, but you know, if there's something i can help you with, just ask^^. lets find the inspirational spirit *gg*

You can count on that happening. I am grateful for your offer of help :D

NOOB!
09-05-2005, 12:01 PM
be afraid,very afraid!!

bad luck...ahem...i mean good luck.

:twisted: :thumbsup: :D

hope u enjoy the challenge!

sergioKomic
09-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Good luck , Ego!

Let the games begin.....

Fahrija
09-05-2005, 01:19 PM
O.k Queenie

you wanted it the hard way with joining the Challenge :) I wish you good luck and donīt give up no matter what (my two cents)

Fahrija.

Ego
09-05-2005, 02:57 PM
O.k Queenie

you wanted it the hard way with joining the Challenge :)

Fahrija.

yep, thats me alright. Now to start coming up with ideas that are close to spectacular!

Carina
09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
yep, thats me alright. Now to start coming up with ideas that are close to spectacular!

Right, you've had at least an hour by now.. Come on, chop chop! :bounce:

erilaz
09-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Sweet. I really wish i had time to do both challenge categories so I could sketch away with all my DSG chums!

Lemog
09-05-2005, 03:41 PM
I have a subject very spectacular for you Queenie...

and with 2 possible titles :

..."your first day of classes" :scream: or "when the teacher take all risks with you" :argh:

Hahahahahaha... ( I'm really sorry II :) )

Rebeccak
09-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Queenie baby!!! Good luck!!! :bounce::thumbsup::bounce::thumbsup::bounce:

We are behind you all the way!!! :applause:

Cheers! :)

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah! Good to see you join! Good luck.:thumbsup:

Ego
09-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I have a subject very spectacular for you Queenie...

and with 2 possible titles :

..."your first day of classes" :scream: or "when the teacher take all risks with you" :argh:

Hahahahahaha... ( I'm really sorry II :) )
LOL, Lemog! Thanks for the idea..But my first day of classes was macabre, to say the least. Cemetries aint my thing, although in this case..for art, it was very wonderful :D
Next idea? :p

Art2
09-05-2005, 05:00 PM
How 'bout a piece about a girl being chased by a supernatural, psychic woman, who's under the influence of her dead mother. Now that would be spectacular :D

Tagger
09-05-2005, 05:04 PM
And so it has begun. The fear, the excitement, the ... My first entry into any competition whatsoever. Last challenge was too exciting and I did not even participate. This will be so much fun :D

hope you do well in the competition, Queenie. Make sure you still remember me when you're a big and famous painter... or something :)

Solothores
09-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Queenie, let's show that crazy influence from the magical close to 10000p+ thread and use it to power your imagination! :thumbsup:

Ego
09-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Thank you Marlon, Tagger, and Solothores for your support. My head is swirling with ideas. Well you all know I draw slower than a turtle racing with lead tied to its feet. :D
Hopefully I'll have preliminary sketches up here soon :)

Rebeccak
09-06-2005, 08:29 PM
You can do it Queenie!!! :bounce:

paperclip
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Ar tiocfadh la, queenie! (means 'go on, queenie!)

Good luck in the challenge, hope you have fun with it and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. All the luck of the belgian to you! :D

Ego
09-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Ar tiocfadh la, queenie! (means 'go on, queenie!)

...all the luck of the belgian to you! :D
heheh wrong country!
I think Irish luck is better in this case. So lets exchange? :P

AkaKico
09-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Yay! I know a few people well enough to cheer for them in the forum now! Good luck Queensoul! :bounce:

Chris

Russel-Nash
09-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Welcome and good luck. :thumbsup:

Ego
09-08-2005, 12:38 PM
So is there a spell or something to get this thing working? http://www.queensoul.com/images/cgtalk/pencil.jpg

Squibbit
09-08-2005, 12:41 PM
hah, first u peel it then u put the middle part in you mouth
and chew it till it's liquid and then u just drool it on the paper

Ego
09-08-2005, 12:44 PM
hah, first u peel it then u put the middle part in you mouth
and chew it till it's liquid and then u just drool it on the paper

Sounds like pretty good advice. Do I smear it around after it drools on the paper, or just leave it as chunks of liquid goo?

Squibbit
09-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Sounds like pretty good advice. Do I smear it around after it drools on the paper, or just leave it as chunks of liquid goo?

your choice, it's the coolness of being an artist! :arteest::cool:

erilaz
09-09-2005, 06:07 AM
"Stop nitpicking the guidelines and get to work"

:p

thx1138
09-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Queenie, best of luck to you on the challenge :thumbsup:

Have you tried putting your pencils in a coffee cup for a few minutes ? Pehaps they need the stuff as much as we do :D

Art2
09-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Weeeeee!!!

Queenie, get that brain of yours workin'! :wip:
Don't worry about the pencil... free your mind, your @ss..erm, pencil will follow!

DimitrisLiatsos
09-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Am i late ?....tell me i am not late?....am i?...gnarrr!

Queenie ....go get them :wip:

Sit taken!

Art2
09-09-2005, 08:03 AM
... all ready 3 pages without even 1 sketch or concept :D
I've had to work hard to get mine to 3 pages... :D :D

GET YOUR ASS MOVING QUEENIE, OFF YOUR THRONE!!
(I'm going to bug you till you come up with something :) )

Ego
09-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Haaahahaha its coming its coming, I swear it. :D

Ego
09-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Extreme Unction-- The trial of Pastor Kyle

The little village of Salazene (fictitious, so dont go looking to visit there :p) has been catapulted over-night into the national lime light.
A standoff in the church has ended in a blood bath.

The victim, Pastor Kyle, beloved by many, revered by all, lies dead in a pool of blood.
His widow has committed this act. Under threat of death, she had demanded a public confession from him. She did not get it. What could this man, a pillar of the community have to confess to?. He is indeed a saint amongst men. He must be unlucky in his choice of women. This is his third wife. Such a quiet and great woman.

Said the Widow: Do not look at me with such judgement in your eyes. When my time comes, I will answer to my maker. Your leader indeed was a black heart. You have not seen the sorrow in my heart and the bruises you cannot see. Pull your children aside and have ask of them the secrets in their hearts. Today, the cycle must stop.

**Author Edit: Please if you are a victim of abuse, you must report to the authorities or seek help from proper channels. This story does not advocate taking the law into your own hands.**

Ego
09-09-2005, 11:06 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7793/7793_1126264017_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/7793/7793_1126264017_large.jpg)

Character WIP

The little village of Salazene (fictitious, so dont go looking to visit there :p) has been catapulted over-night into the national lime light.

A standoff in the church has ended in a blood bath.

The victim, Pastor Kyle, beloved by many, revered by all, lies dead in a pool of blood.

His widow has committed this act. Under threat of death, she had demanded a public confession from him. She did not get it. What could this man, a pillar of the community have to confess to?. He is indeed a saint amongst men. He must be unlucky in his choice of women. This is his third wife. Such a quiet and great woman.

Said the Widow: Do not look at me with such judgement in your eyes. When my time comes, I will answer to my maker. Your leader indeed was a black heart. You have not seen the sorrow in my heart and the bruises you cannot see. Pull your children aside and have ask of them the secrets in their hearts. Today, the cycle must stop.

**Author Edit: Please if you are a victim of abuse, you must report to the authorities or seek help from proper channels. This story does not advocate taking the law into your own hands.**

Ego
09-09-2005, 11:09 AM
This is just an extreme doodle of one of the main character. I am still trying to work out the kind of look she'll have. Frail but strong. Also the scene, whether it will be inside the church or outside at the door steps.

This doodle of course is to make break in my brush ..
LOL,
what do you think of the concept.? Too violent?

Squibbit
09-09-2005, 11:16 AM
ahh sweet death.. er..

Lemog
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Inevitably, it's a very good story, very strong, very powerful, the written message is clear and comprehensible of all.
I imagine already a certain image in my head, like a vision, which is already enough precise.
I would be extremely curious to see your interpretation, and especially the composition which you could make.
If you continu in this way, that will be very interesting to follow, especially to see and iunderstand the way in which you will transmit the message visually.
Cheer, and especially good work :applause:

Squibbit
09-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Yea , that's what i was gonna say!

Art2
09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
I guess he died a spectacular death... I'm all curious!!! :thumbsup:
I have this pic of a woman who killed her man, 'cos he left her no choice. Torn between feelings of revenge and sorrow... I think if you can capture this it will turn into a powerful piece. Her act alone will be spectacular :)

Llynna
09-09-2005, 12:53 PM
ego, this is going to be really moving. hopefully i will be able to speak about it with you later today or tomorrow. i am glad you were able to nail down one concept :). dont now what to say about it further, rather moving theme for me.

Rebeccak
09-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Queensoul,
Great sketch so far!!! Keep up the great work!!! :bounce:

Cheers! :)

~Rebeccak

pushav
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Yo it is lookin' gud(good). verry gud(good).

Ego
09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks a bunch Lemog , Becca, Marlon, Ly and Sir Squibs.

The difficulty will of course be in translating the years of abuse, her frustration and finally being driven into self help, into the painting. I'll start working out the sketch of the arena this weekend.
I am wondering what will be make for more impact, hacking him to death with a knife or a gun?

Llynna
09-09-2005, 10:19 PM
hm, the knife will be more personal and is said to be a womans weapon for personal revenge. i big shotgun wouldnt suit her.

Art2
09-09-2005, 10:24 PM
I agree, a knife, scissor or blunt weapon (heavy candelstick) makes it more private and personal ... I sound like a ... serial killer...

Llynna
09-09-2005, 10:48 PM
then we both sound like one art2^^.

by the way, wahhhhhhhhhh mog is in your avatar. one cute moogle :)

Velk
09-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Go Queensoul! I'm with you all the way on this one. Your concept and story are looking good. I'll give you a really detailed critique as things move along (not back from my trip yet either :blush: ). Keep it up :thumbsup:

Ego
09-10-2005, 06:08 AM
then we both sound like one art2^^.

by the way, wahhhhhhhhhh mog is in your avatar. one cute moogle :)

Finally the stickman has a friend !

Ok, I'll try out with the knife.
@Velk, hurry up and come home already. There can be too much fun hanging out all week with photoshop geeks.

Miyagu
09-10-2005, 03:11 PM
welcome queeeeeeny! good luck to you!

thereīs already a lot going on in here! soooooo cruel! hahah and really funny to read all the "down-to-earth" kind of discussion about which weapon is best :D

--> i agree with the knife being more personal than a gun.. maybe a tiny small knife.. so the viewer would have to look around to understand whats going on.. and some tiny bloodstains on her dress.. *inspiration carries me away* :)

great concept! iīll be around!

*subscribin* :bounce:

Tagger
09-21-2005, 02:34 PM
keep up the good work queenie, it's looking nice so far :)

erilaz
09-22-2005, 01:43 AM
What about stabbing with broken glass? Something more primal and yet delicate.

TheFirstAngel
09-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Your idea is deep and very touching. twisting the religios thing and adding just my little though here to art2's serial killer sugestions, a nice thing to kill the evil pastor could have been maybe some kinda relict or the cup they drink the wine out of it...
but more than the what buged me a small thing i wanted to bring in, the where could help your story. if he has a room where he took her, trought the mirror you could decently show the past, or, trough "fogs of time"... hope that makes sense, so you can show a scene in the scene, maybe also as a reflection in the blood?...
uhm. now i sound like a syko pet, don't i :sad: ... hope some of these thoughts may be of any help. keep up the great work :)

gpepper
09-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Hey, Ego ! Don't U think it is time to start ?
We are waiting ! :bounce:

Ego
09-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey, Ego ! Don't U think it is time to start ?
We are waiting ! :bounce:
you are quite right gpepper. I better get started; Real life keeps getting in the way, but rest assured am on top of it.
@Sacha: I am kind of liking the idea of the weapon not just being a regular knife. hmmm
Sweet help there, thanks.
@erilaz, Marlon, dunkelgold, thanks for dropping by and for the suggestions.
Tagger, good to see you. Hope you guys keep dropping by when I start posting this stuff this week.

Korline
09-25-2005, 08:05 PM
hello, very intriging
are the proportions are like this for the reason?
I really like it even I think goes with the different theme, but who knows where you going with this, very cool drawing
good luck :applause:

Ego
09-26-2005, 05:09 AM
shows my state of mind. Post was meant for the giant big thread in the skies.
Arrrrrrrgg

Rebeccak
09-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Hey Queenie,

You've been quiet lately...send me an email and let me know how you're doing. :)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

erilaz
09-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Getting antsy! Post dang you! (or come and join in another OC session in a few hours!)

Ego
09-26-2005, 05:37 AM
Getting antsy! Post dang you! (or come and join in another OC session in a few hours!)

Sure baby! Beam me up an IP.
@Becca: email coming your way!
Things have been a bit rough time wise. But am gonna get cracking on it.

Lemog
10-06-2005, 07:58 AM
no update here... ? strange ? maybe it's my eyes :scream: hahahahaha...

perhaps it's time to work more on your challenge Ego :twisted:

Ego
10-06-2005, 10:03 AM
no update here... ? strange ? maybe it's my eyes :scream: hahahahaha...

perhaps it's time to work more on your challenge Ego :twisted:
yes dear friend. I hear you. It is not a matter of working on it only..more like getting up the courage to put it up :(

I am chicken!

sergioKomic
11-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Show us something Ego.....!

(please?)

fal$eProfit
11-23-2005, 08:00 AM
It looks like a chick with man boobs. You need to work on those curves.

Ego
11-23-2005, 08:34 AM
It looks like a chick with man boobs. You need to work on those curves.
I had dropped out of the contest . So i didnt put anything up. The sketch was just a place holder. But thanks anyway. :)
I am looking forward to the next contest.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 08:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.