PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: Ryan Michael Mccalla

Ryan_M_Mccalla
09-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Ryan Michael Mccalla has entered "Spectacular 3D".

antone-m
09-05-2005, 08:04 AM
good luck Ryan_M_Mccalla

Ryan_M_Mccalla
09-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks Best, Good luck to you too ay and a big good luck to everyone else that is entering the challenge as well, best o luck to y 'all

well here we go just just a rough idea to get my brain ticking over and the creative juices flowing before i start putting pencil to paper..

oh and please excuse any bad grammar and spelling mistakes....

A young Girl rides along the side of a road on her bicycle, she slips, losing her footing on the pedals while riding in the rain, she begins to fall, falling into the path of an oncoming truck, shock and fear starting to fill her thoughts her as she comes to the realisation that this could be it, her final moments, her last breath....yet all is not lost when out of nowhere she is grabbed from behind, a stranger leaping from the footpath, springing out of of the shadows all his weight put forward, his scarf flicking and flaring out from behind him as he begins sliding across the trucks bonet pulls her out of its now destructive path and from harms way The Truck begins to tilt over onto its side, Her bicycle crumbling beneath the weight of the its huge chassis,the bike to shatter hurtling debris out from under the trucks belly as it plows overhead, a look of suprise and awe now washing over the young girls face as she watches the spectacular display of carnage and chaos unfolding behind them from the safety of her saviours arms

Ryan

Ryan_M_Mccalla
09-12-2005, 04:08 AM
Finaly put pen to paper on the weekend and did some concept sketches to get the ball moving so to speak... Im going to go for a stylised look instead of going for photorealism, trying to capture the style of one of my fave comic book artist's work (Chris Bachalo) in 3d.

First picture is my Rough Concept of the stranger saving the bike rider and leaping over the bonet of a car/truck(still undecided on this) Ive put a scarf onto my main character aswell so that I can have the scarf showing the strangers movement across the image as he pulls the girl to safety
I was also thinking of using the water spraying up out of the gutter in a similar manner to help frame to image and create a focus point for the viewer framing the 2 main characters and car..

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5774/conceptspectacularsm7la.jpg

aaaand some sketches of the stranger character at the moment im trying to get a feel for what he will look like still so nothing entirely solid yet

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3187/strangerconceptsm8vr.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangerconceptsm8vr.jpg)

Lync
09-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Great sketches! And I love the dynamic concept. It has the potential to be brilliant once you get going.

You should post those images via "submit entry". That way they are officially entered as a milestone for your work.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2005, 04:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.