PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: laurent antoine lemog

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

makaron
11-14-2005, 12:42 PM
.oO( seen the bird, seen the blue feather... what can I nag about now?)...
hope the cat coming soon... :bounce: is he still in the picture?

Lemog
11-14-2005, 01:22 PM
SONIC-X -> If I can keep a part of visibility, I must have and different style it mean... as these birds are magical, their aspect can be magical (or different) too...

daWinky -> hahaha... you're trying to push me girl... but I'm heavy today... I need wings too :scream:

makaron -> no cat in the new story... I don't want that become a zoo... naaaaaaaaaa :twisted: haha

Gunilla
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
So - what have happened here ... hmmm... blue birds singing Herman's Hermits!? :scream:

Agree with Sabrina, very clever bird modeling! All pieces come together now - only eagerly awaiting the Pigmes :thumbsup:

Go on rocking http://smilies.cattis.com/blandat/loveshower.gif

Lemog
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
There's something I don't understand here... I work... I work... and it's never finished :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: hahahaha

Gunilla
11-14-2005, 02:02 PM
There's something I don't understand here... I work... I work... and it's never finished :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: hahahaha

haha, that's because you keep on adding new ideas :scream:

You should try it my way - only small things, very few - leaves great option for laziness :wise:

But then, of course it wouldn't be as splendid as it is, so keep feathering :thumbsup:

(o)ne
11-14-2005, 02:38 PM
nice birdy! want to see it textured :thumbsup:

gardogg
11-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Very nice work on this bird! You are going fast! I think it needs more feathers by the wing area and the eyes should possibly be moved forward on the head - more toward the beak. Keep up the good work!

Lemog
11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Gunilla -> doesn't speak like that honey... your work is very inspiring... as I say many times previously, you have your own style... the style, it's visible in the global design of a creation, but also in the "how it's made"... seriously, I think to pass too much time for creation... but it's stronger than me... I have 3 months... I use 3 months :banghead:

(o)ne -> this bird will be certainly finished tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

gardogg -> you know, for the moment, it seem really like the ref I have... the most important will be the result when these birds will be together, and finally really small in the scene... I will wait the textured finished version of this blue bird to tweak or not... globaly, all can be okay... maybe, then... I hope :scream: hahaha... Thanks birds master :thumbsup:

(o)ne
11-14-2005, 03:16 PM
don't forget to give it some food and water :)

Gunilla
11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
That's very sweet said of you :love:, thank you!

And so you can continue pleasure us for all 3 months - you sound like you might need some of these? :D

http://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/image.php/iam835_energy_boost.jpg

Lemog
11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Stepan -> when I saw your words, I was frightened... I understand that the water was for me :banghead: the nightmare :twisted: hahaha

Gunie -> Hahaha... energyBoost... that can certainly useful for me... but I don't think to sleep with that :scream:

Lemog
11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1131988505_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1131988505_large.jpg)

Wings now... in nurbs... that appear very odd I think... but I'm not frightened by that... must wait the texturing step to be sure ;-)

Climax
11-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Wings now... in nurbs... that appear very odd I think... but I'm not frightened by that... must wait the texturing step to be sure ;-)

• For me, it looks good, only needs the rigth texturing! :thumbsup:

(o)ne
11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I agree with Climax

ilusiondigital
11-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Nut nut nut

Wassup my dear french friend?

You are the most active spectacular challenger i never seen :) , great image and love the step by step are you showing us.

Greetings and,,, let´s rock

ihamid
11-14-2005, 05:55 PM
hiya Lemog been a long time mate!sorry :banghead::banghead: ! for a moment i thought u changed the concept! or did u??:surprised ! anyways great progress mate! and nice bird mate ! and like the new environment u created ! exellent work !

cheers ! :bounce: :bounce:

samer-salameh
11-14-2005, 06:51 PM
i collect some reference pics for ur bird //// this pics from - the macmillan visual dictionary -
:thumbsup: good luck

http://70.84.36.228/~sam3dco/cg/bird.jpg

Lemog
11-14-2005, 08:18 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132003105_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132003105_large.jpg)

All parts of the blue bird are finishing... I just add some modifiers to give some different poses for each bird... more simple and more light than a real skinning...

Certainly 10 or 12 blue birds are planed for the scene...

JamesMK
11-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Spiffy boids nut! The feather distribution is somewhat off on the wings, but I assume they'll be fairly small in the final image, so it won't matter much, eh? Righto!

Deadline looms! Hide your women and daughters and get to work!

Lemog
11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Climax & (o)ne -> thanks friends... I hope to doesn't disappoint you with the texturing... in fact, Iv'e plane something a little special... more magical than real... luminous... :hmm: hahaha

ilusiondigital -> Thanks for wishes Victor :beer:

yunisirees -> I'm happy to see your here mate... as you can see... I'm actually on a bird... but of course, less detailed than yours... it's not for me the main subject of my pic... thanks to take time here... seeya...:wavey:

samer salameh -> thanks for the lesson Samer... really instructive... in fact, I don't have good ref like that... just few little pic of Blue Bird... certainly sufficient in my case... birds will be really small in the scene, and I just want to be inspired by a bird... not create an existing one... thanks again for your help mate :thumbsup:

James -> yes, you're right... but I think it's really visible in this version "without textures"... I try to continue in my way... I must continue... (my wife is sleeping now... and my 2 sons too :D )

alancamara
11-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi Laurent, sorry my friend, i can't saw your great progress:cry:. Mate, great stuff here, i liked everything. Where you wanna go mate?:bowdown: amazing, i wanna see more :bounce:

rattlesnake
11-14-2005, 10:31 PM
hello mate. hey the bird looks very nice, u said youre going to use 12 of this birds? wow thats a lot of geometry right?, hope your machine can handle this smoothly, i really think this little friends will give a very nice color scheme to the final compo, good job Laurent:thumbsup:

Micro26
11-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Hi Lemog,
cool model u got there, waiting for texturing to show up.
Keep it up:bounce:

Lemog
11-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Hi Laurent, sorry my friend, i can't saw your great progress:cry:. Mate, great stuff here, i liked everything. Where you wanna go mate?:bowdown: amazing, i wanna see more :bounce:
Héhé... you will see soon I mean... Thanks Alan :thumbsup:

rattlesnake -> you're right about the final weight of the scene... but even without these birds, I can't render easily the scene with the forest, the library, the angel, the birds and soon, with the latest pigmees... I must manage with some layer... if not... impossible... I start to do rendering tests yesterday night, with only the library and all the environment... and it doesn't work... the rendering stop after 2 hours... not enough memory to continue :scream: But it's the same thing than all my previous entries here... must to render with layers...

Mr Micro26 -> Thanks for your words Fotis, texturing is on the road now... soon then :bounce:

Lemog
11-15-2005, 04:55 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132034125_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132034125_large.jpg)

First step for the procedural shader for feathers... just bump and transparencies... mix of different grid and range to obtain something near to the feather topology...
Just used a procedural 3d shader to create the bump for the little feathers under the body...
With the distance between the camera... that will be certainly sufficient.

daWinky
11-15-2005, 04:59 AM
Hey, and what a nice couple of wings they got:thumbsup: , birds are happy with these, so am I:) ...good work as always, and the texturing so far looks good too...

-sabrina

(o)ne
11-15-2005, 05:00 AM
Looks very nice to me! :) waiting for some MAGIC :eek:

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 05:09 AM
Oh - very nice start for the bird texturing! They will most likely be very charming :)

And good morning :wavey:

Lemog
11-15-2005, 05:17 AM
daWinky -> Happy that you like.... there's a strange effect at the junction wing/body... but certainly due to the transparency... thanks Sabie :thumbsup:

(o)ne -> MAGIC ? :argh: I'm little bit afraid by this step... I have a idea in my mind... I'm afraid to obtain the same result... hahaha

Gunilla -> In fact... the texturing is now finish for the bird... I must find time this morning to do some rendering... well... the bird comes soon.
BGut without magical stuff, I must wait all these birds in place in the scene to add these stuffs... seeay Gunie :wavey:

Zapan
11-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Yep , that's a lovely bird , I can almost hear him sing - tweet, tweet.. :)

So if I'm understanding correctly, those are getting out from the book, like spread knowledge, right... ? Yay , it's gonna be really magic , are you planning some glow , or selfillumination for these ?

These is great Laurent can't wait to see the next - tweet, tweet....

Elsie
11-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Nice textures on the birds there Lemog! C'mon *pokes* I wanna see a full update! Get to it, chop chop!

Lemog
11-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Zapan -> It mean you're the guy who most understand the story... better than me perhaps... I've planed many things as glow or self illumination... in fact, surely lot of test to be near of my vision... certainly the last work... oups... I've forgotten pigmees... :banghead:

Elsie -> Thanks girl, me too, I'm very impatient to see the "real full update"... but I don't think that will be easy... I must manage these enormous files on my poor PC... the real challenge finally... :scream: hahaha

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 08:02 AM
I've planed many things as glow or self illumination... in fact, surely lot of test to be near of my vision... certainly the last work... oups... I've forgotten pigmees... :banghead:

I don't think you really need the pigmees, the message would probably be strong enough without them - and also it would, as I suggested earlier, make us the real spectators here, just a thought :shrug:

That would also leave you more room for glow and magic stuff :)

Lemog
11-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I remember well your words dear... I think many times to that, with or without pigmees... and I'm always not sure... is it the message understable without these little guys ?

With pigmees, we add an another notion... something between the culture and the knowledge... the real difference between the both... I don't know if I explain well... cause in english, the french words "culture" or "connaissance" are translating with the same word... "knowledge"... "culture" is what we learn with our family, old things give us by the past, our skills and experiences, way of life, and "knowledge" the things we learn while reading, at school, with studies... and so... pigmees will be here only for this reason...

Another think make me feel that their presence is necessary... I need a real human presence... the angel is not really something human, but the knowledge materialization...

Of course... I can save lot of time if I don't do these guys... and I also push the magical stuff in the scene... but for the moment, I don't have this image in my mind... I just see a little group of 3 pigmees at right... and an another one, growing up, on the floor...

But maybe when I started the real composition, I will change this vision for something near of your suggestion... I really hope, if not, that's will be very short about time...

Before, I must find a solution to render easily each part... adding the birds in the scene... and that's will be more clear in my head...

The story is not finish... it just started :twisted:

Thanks to you Gunie Spectator :bowdown:

Lemog
11-15-2005, 11:29 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132057742_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132057742_large.jpg)

Texturing is finish for the Bluebird... in fact, I think to precisely setup the shader in the final scene, cause the result depend too much of the lighting and environment...

Lemog
11-15-2005, 11:30 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132057835_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132057835_large.jpg)

Same setup for the shader... but different orientations give some different results...

SONIC-X
11-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Your blue birds will look just fine if not from to close which i take is not the idea any way.

Would love to see them in the scene.

Keep up good work ,it is truly inspiring.

daWinky
11-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Colorful, nice birds:thumbsup: - I'm very curious to see how they work in the scene!! And also curious to see how your story continues...with or without pigmees, anyways it will be something special...:)

-sabrina

eddieellis
11-15-2005, 12:03 PM
hey man, i like it... i love the way you have done the wings.. v impressive :buttrock:

Lemog
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
SONIC-X -> you're right, these birds will be not closed... it's also the reason to have a glowy shader... :thumbsup:

daWinky -> I must start to dispatch them... and prepare many rendering... to composite all parts cause now, impossible to do one render of the totallity...
...in these next days, I will do many render test, that give me some time to think about pigmees... :)

eddieellis -> glad you like my magical bluebirds... I hope they can be good in the scene now... :D

PhilPJ
11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi Lemog, my good Laurent

really afflicted, I did not really follow all the evolution of your work.
But I have just reviewed all for half an hour.
As always very detailed and very beautiful.

But I have a small critic for the bird. The body seems to me too spherical, and separation enters the body and the head too marked, but the texturing of your bluebirds are very splendid.

It is just an opinion, good continuation. I am really curious to see an overall picture.

Agamemnwn
11-15-2005, 12:27 PM
hi laurent, great looking bluebirds i love the blending of colors on them :D

(o)ne
11-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Very good textures :thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Bluebirds are sweet now!

And thanks for the clearification of the concepts of knowledge and culture in this - it's much more clear for me what you want to do now. Good!
The reason why I question the Pigmees here is that it might be confusing since they represent another type of culture and knowledge - one that we know very little about and probably would benefit from knowing more about. To me the library represent a classic western culture and then there are the pigmees (with their culture) and the angel of knowledge... in that sense your original idea of the western school girl and the angel where clearer I think. Sorry for not following you all the way on this.

The image itself will be spectacular whatever you choose to do - yes indeed! http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/clap.gif

Lemog
11-15-2005, 01:20 PM
PhilPJ -> hey... I'm very happy to see you here my friend, congratulations for your courage... so many pages to turn :scream:
About the design of this bird, I agree with you... shape is really simple... but the 12 Bluebirds will be far of the camera... no need to much details... but need to be watch... and sincerly, I'm not really sure about the result in the final framing... we will see then.
In any case, it's very simpathetic of you to take a little turn in my thread... thanks a lot Phil :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn & (o)ne -> Thanks buddies :)

Gunie -> maybe pigmees it's not a good choice... as I say in the first time of this idea, that can be pigmees or arbogigens... or that kind or culture... just for the symbolism...
I understant your thought about the little girl... but I don't think that can be a good place for her to be in that kind of sad forest... :shrug:
I must wait some days before to take a decision... thanks for your advices honey, it's good to have objective vision :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132064886_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132064886_large.jpg)

Last modifications for the shader... finally, I don't know if I really like these birds... but I think that certainly the better solution of magical aspect for them in the scene...

SONIC-X
11-15-2005, 01:39 PM
The feathers looks...from up close.I don't know,not right,but if they are small in the scene one would not notice.

nebezial
11-15-2005, 01:51 PM
is that a hint of self illumination map i smell hehe:D

(o)ne
11-15-2005, 02:07 PM
weeee-hoooo :bounce: I love your style :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
11-15-2005, 02:12 PM
weeee-hoooo :bounce: I love your style :thumbsup:

I share this feeling too...love your style man..u make it always look like it's a painting and not 3d....NUTS :scream:

:bounce:

jddog
11-15-2005, 02:27 PM
...fait comme l'oiseau... il vit d'air pure et d'eau fraiche... un oiseau... ça vol si haut... non ? c'etait pas ça ? ... Fugain...
:wip:
jdd

Zapan
11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Really cute :bounce: :bounce:

u make it always look like it's a painting and not 3d

Exactly !!

ilusiondigital
11-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Nice blue pigdeon :thumbsup:

alancamara
11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I loved, the atmosphere is great. I'm finding on my vocabulary some word to describe, but i don't have, sorry:cry:. In portuguese would be this. "Lúdica" Great work with the bird, are you using sss? Amazing my friend, Congrats :bounce:

Gunilla
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
It's really beautiful... :cry:

Next challenge - I think you should make a Zoo :D

madshooter
11-15-2005, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Lemog]http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132064886_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132064886_large.jpg)

:eek: Wow this bird:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Waiting to see more dude:bounce:

aliasali
11-15-2005, 06:11 PM
wohooo! man,thats really grreat! u know,Dramatic+EXPRESSIVE!:dWHICH I LOVE!

rattlesnake
11-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Last modifications for the shader... finally, I don't know if I really like these birds... but I think that certainly the better solution of magical aspect for them in the scene...

Man honestly i love these birds, the color and shader is very apropiate, and i think they really fit in the scene, but of course thats your call, u know youre the master here, just my humble opinion.:bowdown:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 03:42 AM
Sonic-X -> yes... I think really small... cause many birds are required in the scene...

Nebezial -> hey... no mate... sorry... just facing ratio on the shader incandescence and specular... only that... its also the reason why that react a lot with different position with the lights... that give me normally many different effects between the 12 bluebirds...

(o)ne -> Thanks Stepan :thumbsup:

Dimitris -> Your words touch me my friend... now you now me... it's right that I prefer that kind of rendering... more classic than cold virtual... Thanks my Tweety San... :bowdown:

Jddog -> en ce qui concerne l'eau... je crois que c'est foutu pour moi... :beer: hahahaha

Zapan -> merci Cadet :wavey:

Illusiondigital -> Thanks Victor... no es una paloma, es un mirlo azul... hahaha

Denverz -> Lúdica ? aquilo mim vai bem... thanks a lot Alan... no sss for the bird... just a blin material, effect was give by a facing ration in incandescence and specular...

Gunilla -> a zoo ? for me ? :banghead: hahahaha

Madshooter -> more... I hope that comes soon... in fact, I have actually lot of prob with my PC... HD stoped to turn during the rendering... not cool...

Madlight_1988 -> Really thanks Ali... I'm finally very surprise... I don't think that you all like this bird like that... very good point for me finally...

Rattlesnake -> Your opinion is very important Jorge... well... now, with all these good opinions about this shader and this bird... I keep it like that and I continue... thanks amigo :arteest:

Rebeccak
11-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Wow, so cool! :applause: Sorry to be so stupid, but how will the library etc come in without obscuring all the cool trees? You model too quickly for me to keep up! :scream:

The final result is sure to be incredible! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Lemog
11-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Who is stupid here... certainly not you Beckie... you're right about obscuring trees... normal... these one doesn't have lot of importance... it's just the background... and about the library... not all the library will be here... just a part of a stair... with some ruined parts...

...you will see that soon :bounce:

Rebeccak
11-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Oh, wow, how cool! I did not realize the library would be in ruins...how amazing that is going to be! :bounce:Of course, there is some grand concept I'm sure about nature at work here, but you'll have to write your thesis after the project is finished, so we can all understand it and ponder over the great mind of Lemog! :thumbsup:

Wow, you could really fill a book with all of your incredible WIP pieces so far...signed copy for me! :bounce:

~Rebeccak

Lemog
11-16-2005, 04:51 AM
No book for that Beckie... it's not really interesting... just in the moment, just in the action... after that, remain only the final picture, good or less...

...and we must pass to another things... always going towards a direction... you know that...

Thanks for your words, you're so kind :love:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 04:54 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132120475_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132120475_large.jpg)

Dispatching the 12 bluebirds...

Next step : doing the choice between 2 shaders for the libray's walls... between the old one and the new one, which appear more contrasted, certainly better with all the details of the scene...

Rebeccak
11-16-2005, 04:56 AM
It's been so exciting to watch your and others' threads develop...definitely one of the best events around here! :thumbsup: I think you're right, the final image is just an image, but all of the interest shown in the process / making of makes it so much more fun...looking forward to really participating in one of these challenges sometime in the future! Should be fun, even if mine won't be that spectacular! :scream:

Birds! So cool. :) Good night to the birds and Lemog! :)

~Rebeccak

nemirc
11-16-2005, 04:59 AM
It's really beautiful... :cry:

Next challenge - I think you should make a Zoo :D

HAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one :D

daWinky
11-16-2005, 05:31 AM
I've just seen the bird put in the scenery, a little late, but not too late to tell you that I like it...it will help the magic on it's way!:thumbsup:

-sabrina

Lemog
11-16-2005, 05:44 AM
...looking forward to really participating in one of these challenges sometime in the future! Should be fun...

Noted :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: that will be YOINKS for sure :scream:

nemirc -> Stop laughing mate... if not... you will be invited in this zoo too :D hahahaha

daWinky -> I'm happy you like this magical stuff... cause I was not really sure about the power of this effect... but at first view, that can works like that :bounce: Thanks Sabie :bowdown:

SONIC-X
11-16-2005, 06:37 AM
The blue birds looks pretty cool when they are small and in different poses.

Looks great.

Gunilla
11-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Ahhh - the bluebirds! I can vision them with a glowing dusty trail coming up from the book ... circulating around the angel. Very nice and a good effect for the image :drool:

Actually - I think they would look good as a wallpaper - not a computer desktop one but a real one ... maybe for a babys room? Even your baby would become like an angel in that room :scream:

And a good morning to you - may it hold many stunning renderings for our pleasure :arteest:

Agamemnwn
11-16-2005, 06:53 AM
i like the bluebirds laurent . looking really nice . have a good moring my friend :D

ilusiondigital
11-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Illusiondigital -> Thanks Victor... no es una paloma, es un mirlo azul... hahaha

Ahahahaahah, without dude my dear friend, you are the best, hehehehe. Eres todo un experto en aves, really i wish you the 1st place Laurent :bowdown:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 09:28 AM
SONIC-X -> yep man... soon I will start the real composition... :beer:

Ahhh - the bluebirds! I can vision them with a glowing dusty trail coming up from the book ... circulating around the angel. Very nice and a good effect for the image :drool:
Well... it's exactly that... I just hope to succeed this step... I'm pretty sure to have probs to set that... we will see... nobody speak about the pigmees ? :scream: hahaha

Actually - I think they would look good as a wallpaper - not a computer desktop one but a real one ... maybe for a babys room? Even your baby would become like an angel in that room :scream:
Héhé Gunie... you make me think to something... why not a little suprise soon... so long time without, not ?

Agamemnwn -> Good morning Jannis... and thanks :wavey:

ilusiondigital -> Thanks for wishes my friend... but there's lot of Spectacular entries in this challenge, and certainly more in the topic... as always, I just follow my madness and my ideas... for the pleasure... :beer:

(o)ne
11-16-2005, 09:45 AM
the scene now :scream: yep yep yep :bounce:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 09:58 AM
the scene now :scream: yep yep yep :bounce:
It's time... you're right... that make me think I forget to post 2 pics about the choice for the library wall... I go now... :surprised

Lemog
11-16-2005, 10:09 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132139354_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132139354_large.jpg)

This is the old shader for the wall... I'm afraid that will be not very contrasted with all the other details...

Next picture, the new shader...

Lemog
11-16-2005, 10:12 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132139560_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132139560_large.jpg)

The new one... more visible... but less stone aspect... I think that's not the most important, because there's lot of details around... the best is certainly to have something really and easily readable. What do you prefer ?

Gunilla
11-16-2005, 10:22 AM
The scene looks absolutely great!

I actually prefer the first shader - sure it melts together with the forrest more but the softness makes it more readable I think. A bit soon to say intil it's all there though.

Where are the kinky lamps? I sort of miss them :)

monsitj
11-16-2005, 10:27 AM
yeah ! I still curios where your old high detail library gone? it's great to see you bring it back and combine with your forest scene, the new one is good but I think it will be orther element on top of it , but now I spot some hard edge of spot light radius on the wall , maybe you plan to do something with light ?, good job lemog!:bowdown:

daWinky
11-16-2005, 10:33 AM
:eek: Amazing, Laurent, never thought it will go together so well:bowdown: . Contrast is better with the second shader, perhaps even too much...maybe it's the lighting. But as Gunilla at the moment I like the first shader more...anyways - great job!:thumbsup:

-sabrina

Lemog
11-16-2005, 10:41 AM
The scene looks absolutely great!

I actually prefer the first shader - sure it melts together with the forrest more but the softness makes it more readable I think. A bit soon to say intil it's all there though.

Where are the kinky lamps? I sort of miss them :)
I'm okay with you, for the moment, that appear as a very hard aspect... maybe difficult to be objective then... it missed lot of details... as these kinky lamps... they will be back... but thier principal inconvenient was thier number of polygons... as lot of part not present for the moment...

The surprise is on the way Gunie... :twisted:

yeah ! I still curios where your old high detail library gone? it's great to see you bring it back and combine with your forest scene, the new one is good but I think it will be orther element on top of it , but now I spot some hard edge of spot light radius on the wall , maybe you plan to do something with light ?, good job lemog!:bowdown:
In fact... I push a lot this contrast to keep something a little visible at final... we must think they will be more detail at the front of the library... trees, lianas, stairs, shelves, books, the angel, birds, balcony...
...I think I do an error to post this test too early... without all these parts, it's not a good exemple... in other hand... rendering with all parts is too much long for my PC... I must do it in 6 pieces to be able to mount all.
Well... I think this shader can be change in the final way of rendering... better...
Thanks Monsit :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 10:42 AM
:eek: Amazing, Laurent, never thought it will go together so well:bowdown: . Contrast is better with the second shader, perhaps even too much...maybe it's the lighting. But as Gunilla at the moment I like the first shader more...anyways - great job!:thumbsup:

-sabrina
Thanks Sabie... you're right too as the other friends... for the moment, it's sure that the first one appear better... to follow then :wavey:

(o)ne
11-16-2005, 10:44 AM
yes, it's starting to be very interesting, Laurent!

Rebeccak
11-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Wow, so beautifully! Very wintery and quiet. :) You can almost hear leaves falling. Amazing work!!! :)
Noted :thumbsup: :bounce:that will be YOINKS for sure :scream:
Yoinks, hahahahahaha!!! Maybe, but will it generate 156+ pages of commentary and support? :D :eek: :scream:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Yoinks, hahahahahaha!!! Maybe, but will it generate 156+ pages of commentary and support? :D :eek: :scream:
héhé... you know... maybe I trick... maybe I paye many girls and guys to come here to post some amazing sweet words :scream: hahahahaha

Seriously, I'm will be very happy to follow you in a futur Cg Challenge... always more fun then... :bounce: and more YOINKS :deal:

medunecer
11-16-2005, 11:12 AM
I like the style and the architecture looks very good! Months ago I tried towas model a similar architecture, but it didn't work!... Congrats!

Lemog
11-16-2005, 11:38 AM
I like the style and the architecture looks very good! Months ago I tried towas model a similar architecture, but it didn't work!... Congrats!
Thanks man... I just discover your thread, and I'm very astonished you architecture project didn't works... you have some great skills... you can succeed in that kind of project, I'm sure... maybe just need to want :buttrock:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Actually - I think they would look good as a wallpaper - not a computer desktop one but a real one ... maybe for a babys room? Even your baby would become like an angel in that room

As the promising things... a fast done Wallpaper... with some references as you can see...

Hope U like :scream:

As usually, the 1600x1200 version while clicking below...

http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/albums/lemog/wallpapers/spectacular_walls/wall_wall_twins_800.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/lemog_v5/albums/lemog/wallpapers/spectacular_walls/wall_wall_twins_1600.jpg)

nebezial
11-16-2005, 12:14 PM
nyaaah look at meee iim lemoog i have 5 million gb of ram in my computer..hehehe:beer:
oh and moss i demand moss, right now..and not kate

madshooter
11-16-2005, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Lemog]http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132139354_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132139354_large.jpg)

:eek: Wow dude your work always leaves me speechless and surprised. I like this shader. One small suggestion you can add some spider webs on the corners of the wall, will add more to your scene just a suggestion rightnow the scene looks real cool, great job as you always do:thumbsup:

SoniaNotRed
11-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Hmmmm...
Long skirts rustling trough the dense, mysterious forest, little bluebirds flying above, 7 pigmees...

Now where have I heard this before...?

Now I know what happened to the evil witch's castle after the Prince was through! :D

Keep on rocking! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Hope U like :scream:

Hahahaha, like? I simply adore it - it's right on my desktop! :love:

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/allhail.gif

alancamara
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Amazing, amazing :bowdown: Great work mate, textures, modeling ATMOSPHERE, design i like the everything, no crits my friend and i loved the wallpaper. What tv channel i can see the Gunilla show? :) Congrats, greaaat work :beer:

Mhyrdin
11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Happy man (or superman) who find time enough to show us so marvellous, astonishing and .... humoristic pictures
(as a recent granfather i love your last wallpaper)
I'm like "deaf and dumb" since some weeks but not blind, I have followed all the threads
Very pretty your blue birds, not very realists but so poetics

So go ahead my friend, it's time to finalize your scene, no ?

Lemog
11-16-2005, 01:01 PM
nyaaah look at meee iim lemoog i have 5 million gb of ram in my computer..hehehe:beer:
oh and moss i demand moss, right now..and not kate
Hahahaha... I love your Lemog's accent mate :thumbsup: hahaha... 5 million of ram... it exists ? impressive Stjepan... but for the moment, I really need to have a HD wich doesn't stop to turn... in other hand... it's really silencious...

Kate ? what is a kate ? :shrug:

Madshooter -> sorry for the spider web... I don't think that could remain places for that, and with the actual scale of the scene, that can appear not really visible... or maybe a big tarentula... for the very creepy version... when she attack the girls in short skirt :scream:
(sincerly, I will be very curious to see that... hahaha)

nebezial
11-16-2005, 01:05 PM
katee...moss..get it? huh? huh?:bounce:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Hmmmm...
Long skirts rustling trough the dense, mysterious forest, little bluebirds flying above, 7 pigmees...

Now where have I heard this before...?

7 pigmees... in my latest dream... just remain 4 pigmees... and again, at this step, I don't really know if they are pigmees or no... I must fix some problems of renderer (and computer) before... and maybe these little guys comes next week... :bounce:

Gunilla -> hahaha... you like at firt view... these babies remain me something... but very hard to remember me... :banghead: hahahaha...

denverbz -> It's good to make falling the pressure, I like these little moments of fun... we are here for the pleasure, and I can't imagine to participate at this kind of challenge while keeping continiously serious... it's not me that... the life is usually sad... our passion is happyness...
I'm happy you like the environment, and the wallpaper Alan... thanks...
And for the "Gunilla show"... don't forget to plug-you on her thread... it's better than a talk show... with her particulary sensitive vision of the life...
Usually, listen girls, men have a lot to learn of the girls... but it shouldn't say to them, it would be intolerable for us then. :beer:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Happy man (or superman) who find time enough to show us so marvellous, astonishing and .... humoristic pictures
(as a recent granfather i love your last wallpaper)
I'm like "deaf and dumb" since some weeks but not blind, I have followed all the threads
Very pretty your blue birds, not very realists but so poetics

So go ahead my friend, it's time to finalize your scene, no ?
No superman... but Happy man... that's really well appropriate for me :love:
I know you're always very near... your aura is always here and give me chance and courage...

You point my non realistics birds... and you're right... it's a part of the magical touch... I just hope that will be credible at least in the final composition...

Thanks papy to take a little tour here, always appreciated... and an honnor my Celtic friend :wavey:

Gunilla
11-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Gunilla -> hahaha... you like at firt view... these babies remain me something... but very hard to remember me... :banghead: hahahaha...

Haha, you're not saying... that my little fetuses will grow up and become... librarians!? :argh: :banghead:

Usually, listen girls, men have a lot to learn of the girls... but it shouldn't say to them, it would be intolerable for us then. :beer:

Maybe you don't have to say what we already know :wise:

thanks honey for the nice words and the stunning wallpaper, it made my day :love:

Lemog
11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
katee...moss..get it? huh? huh?:bounce:
MOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :blush: :D

I'm accustomed for that kind of things in french... but in english... a real bubble... :scream: I need some delays for that could go up my mind :twisted: :thumbsup:

SONIC-X
11-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Nice update lemog ,I'd love to see were this scene of yours are going to.

gpepper
11-16-2005, 04:22 PM
il est passé ou le petit zozio ? :surprised

Rebeccak
11-17-2005, 03:34 AM
héhé... you know... maybe I trick... maybe I paye many girls and guys to come here to post some amazing sweet words :scream: hahahahaha
Hmmm...checks mail for check...where's my check then? :scream:

Seriously, I'm will be very happy to follow you in a futur Cg Challenge... always more fun then... :bounce: and more YOINKS :deal:
Hehe, thanks Lemoggie! :bounce:2D of course! :scream: I think the next Challenge should be Yoinktacular! :bounce::scream:

Lemog
11-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Nice update lemog ,I'd love to see were this scene of yours are going to.I know... it's always a long story... I hope that can rest interesting, as I like the other threads here... thanks for the support Corrie :thumbsup:

Gpepper -> Zozios comes soon mate :scream: hahahaha va pas tarder à sortir...

2D of course! :scream: I think the next Challenge should be Yoinktacular! :bounce::scream:
2D ? sure... and I hope to participate a day at this one too... the Yoinktacular Challenge :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-17-2005, 06:27 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132212456_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132212456_large.jpg)

Well... composition of all parts together... heavy for my sewing machine ;-) hahaha

(o)ne
11-17-2005, 06:31 AM
waiting for rendered version!!!

Lemog
11-17-2005, 06:31 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132212700_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132212700_large.jpg)

Wire Snapshot of the "all together"

Lemog
11-17-2005, 06:34 AM
waiting for rendered version!!!
That comes very soon... in fact, I've many prob with the file and the PC... finally, I have many layers rendered in 800x960 (for the moment), I must composite (in fex hours) and do some modifications due to a problem of alpha... I will fix that for the next rendering (calculating next week-end certainly)...

Gunilla
11-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Ohh - it's coming together now!

It looks like you've posed the angel more en face than in the earlier renderings? How big will your final render be in pixels?

And a good morning to you :wavey:

daWinky
11-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Kate ? what is a kate ? :shrug:

:D :scream: And again puff and blow my coffee over the keyboard...

Good morning, Laurent. Nice to show us a picture of your final composition, not easy to read...I guess I know where you are going and I like it a lot:thumbsup: ...I only hope that this heavy amount of details will not cover the message of the picture...but with a good choice of lighting and shaders I'm sure you manage this:) ...I'm just glad that I'm not the one who must render this, your poor PC...:scream:

-sabrina

Versiden
11-17-2005, 06:46 AM
that's mad wireframe there ;p

it's looking really good so far!

Zapan
11-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Oh no !! I missed too many great things yesterday

The mix library/forest render is awesome , everything becomes more and more clear and so beautiful :bowdown: :eek:

And what ? Noooo I missed the wallpaper time :cry: ... very funny one Laurent.... Foetuses to librarian, poor gunilla :D haha.

Keep going Laurent , and now I won't miss any update, and I won't go out anymore

**Oh non ce soir c'est le beaujolais http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/drunk.gif**

Lemog
11-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Ohh - it's coming together now!
It looks like you've posed the angel more en face than in the earlier renderings? How big will your final render be in pixels?
In fact... I've trying to find something to manage her orientation and her glance... I must keep a part of spectacle... also if we are the spectators (if there's no pigmees)... all changement will be possible... just waiting the compositing to have your opinions... :bowdown:
Final render size was planed in 4000x4800...

Good morning, Laurent. Nice to show us a picture of your final composition, not easy to read...I guess I know where you are going and I like it a lot ...I only hope that this heavy amount of details will not cover the message of the picture...but with a good choice of lighting and shaders I'm sure you manage this ...I'm just glad that I'm not the one who must render this, your poor PC...
-sabrina
Good morning Sabie... yes you're right... very heavy scene to set now... I hope to compose something readable... the real challenge, but as you know, I like to have many things in my image, many things to discover, increase the picture lifespan... and that will be also a real challenge for my Sewing Machine to render all without problems... I will see...

Versiden -> Mad wire... certainly my friend... with all in the viewport, I can't turn under the scene :banghead: hahaha... fortunetely -> layers power :scream:

Lemog
11-17-2005, 07:52 AM
The mix library/forest render is awesome , everything becomes more and more clear and so beautiful
I hope that could rest clear in the next steps... :twisted: really not sure for me :blush: huhuhu

And what ? Noooo I missed the wallpaper time :cry: ... very funny one Laurent.... Foetuses to librarian, poor gunilla :D haha.
Some memories for Cg Family :beer:

**Oh non ce soir c'est le beaujolais http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/drunk.gif**
Oh yeah... the most important for today :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lemog
11-17-2005, 07:59 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132217969_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132217969_large.jpg)

Shading visualization in the Maya viewport...

Lemog
11-17-2005, 08:01 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218100_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218100_large.jpg)

Shading mode + bushes and branches in Maya PaintFX

Lemog
11-17-2005, 08:03 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218212_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218212_large.jpg)

Enlightened scene in the Maya viewport...

Lemog
11-17-2005, 08:06 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218382_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218382_large.jpg)

Always in the Maya viewport, the textured version...

Lemog
11-17-2005, 08:10 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218624_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218624_large.jpg)

The last one... with all... shader + textures + lights + effects... and my graphic card is down now... hahaha

Next update will be with the first pre-compoisiting... I hope that will agree you...

Agamemnwn
11-17-2005, 08:14 AM
great looking updates laurent :D looking amazing. is that the frame of the final image?

Lemog
11-17-2005, 08:15 AM
is that the frame of the final image?
for the moment... yes :)

;)

Elendil_le_Grand
11-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Tu as encore fait un sacré boulot ...
Vivement les tests de rendu ;)

SONIC-X
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
It is looking suppurb Lemog.Can't wait to see the fully rendered version.

Lemog
11-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Tu as encore fait un sacré boulot ...
Vivement les tests de rendu ;)
Merci gars... et comme d'hab...ça me fait peur... entre le "comment faire" et le "comment ça va être"... :scream: hihihihi...

It is looking suppurb Lemog.Can't wait to see the fully rendered version.
I will do my best to doesn't disappointe you mate :curious: :thumbsup:

sergioKomic
11-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Better than ever Lemog!

Squibbit
11-17-2005, 08:54 AM
just crazy... i'd pull the plants aside a bit, though...

JamesMK
11-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Ah, very nice... it has been assembled. I see you're certainly torturing your poor PC - may the force of the rendering gods be with you :D

agou
11-17-2005, 09:52 AM
coucou je suis de retour!:bounce:
A great work on the picture - i'm wainting for render tests now.
Keep it up, keep it up !

jddog
11-17-2005, 10:09 AM
:eek: wow ça arrache !
Pay attention at some branche sin front of the face of your Chanel's beauty ;)
jdd

gpepper
11-17-2005, 10:32 AM
YEAH ! Great scene ! I have a better idea pf the final image now !:applause:

eddieellis
11-17-2005, 10:49 AM
HEy Lemog, thats looking awsome...

My only gripe would be that all the trees around the scene are alittle distracting, although it might just be the colouring.

madshooter
11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218624_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132218624_large.jpg)

The last one... with all... shader + textures + lights + effects... and my graphic card is down now... hahaha

Next update will be with the first pre-compoisiting... I hope that will agree you...

Great progress looks real cool :thumbsup: Now waiting for precompo image and again :beer: to your angel

Lemog
11-17-2005, 01:32 PM
sergioKomic -> Thanks HorseMan :scream:

Squibbit -> you're right... I must push a little the branches... thanks mate :beer:

JamesMK -> thanks for nordish gods mate... they're needed too :thumbsup:

agou -> cool... la sophinette est de retour... first render soon... just need to find time to composite the layers... I'm on...

jddog -> yes... I'm must take care... branches are PaintFX... and that can unvisible in the render... but I must take care, thanks Juju...

gpepper -> As you see my friend... when you want... you can :blush: moahahahah

eddieellis -> you're right, it's particulary visible, but in the final render, that will be more discret... normally :thumbsup:

madshooter -> if I can... today man... I will do my best... many things to do before... job in first... :banghead:

(o)ne
11-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Best wishes in completing your quest, Laurent :thumbsup: Looks very good

Gunilla
11-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Oh dear! A lot of stuff happens here as usual!
This is looking really good - and now looking forward to the first pre-comp! :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-17-2005, 03:18 PM
(o)ne -> thanks Stepan... hour of verity now... to know if my way was good :scream: if not... it's too late :twisted:

Gunilla -> and soon, we know if pigmees will be required or not... but... do you their free place on the snapshots ? :bounce:

Gunilla
11-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Gunilla -> and soon, we know if pigmees will be required or not... but... do you their free place on the snapshots ? :bounce:

Free place? I don't know ... perhaps, if you make them very, very small :scream:

I don't know if it's because I'm used to it, but it feels like you could perhaps rotate the angel a bit to the left... and then in front of her, we could maybe see the backs of the pigmees?
Are you going to make books or sheets of paper for her to stand on?

SoniaNotRed
11-17-2005, 03:41 PM
:eek:

Woh!!

I'm curious to see how this all works with the light and fx.
I was thinking it's a shame you have most of the roots on the right side, though, 'cause they're covering most of that beautiful pavement. Maybe if you pull them back a little...?

Lemog
11-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Free place? I don't know ... perhaps, if you make them very, very small :scream:

I don't know if it's because I'm used to it, but it feels like you could perhaps rotate the angel a bit to the left... and then in front of her, we could maybe see the backs of the pigmees?
Are you going to make books or sheets of paper for her to stand on?
Very small ??? of course...:scream: hahahahaha

and you're right about their place... I've planed to put them of back... for the sheet of paper... it's possible... I must find in first a good setup and solve the pigmees prob...

they're covering most of that beautiful pavement. Maybe if you pull them back a little...?
I think that will be hard now... if you want... I can send you the texture for your building ? :twisted: :scream: hahahahaha

Lemog
11-17-2005, 04:23 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132248197_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132248197_large.jpg)

First test of rendering...

Compositing quickly done... but photoshoped because problems with alpha render..

Some parts of the scene can appear very odd because it missed some shadows...

Lemog
11-17-2005, 04:27 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132248435_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132248435_large.jpg)

Slighty different color mood...

...I think there's more contrast between detail in the big size rendering version...

For the moment, its only render in 800x960 and it's too small for the software renderer of Maya... more details will be certainly more visible in the next update... but I must fix before some prob with my PC...

sergioKomic
11-17-2005, 04:48 PM
sergioKomic -> Thanks HorseMan :scream:

we were laghing with this comment sooooo much heh (just saw it)

DimitrisLiatsos
11-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Lemog-san....beautifuuuull....:bounce: aiaaaaaaaaaa ....

monsitj
11-17-2005, 04:51 PM
yes ! finally the over all composition i've waiting for! nice work lemog! and blue haze add much emotion to the picture, but now I think bird has the same scale , maybe you can make them fly near camera or far away to background to add more depth to image ,
and how about the spiral shape of book page from the bottom?

sergioKomic
11-17-2005, 04:53 PM
maybe you can make them fly near camera or far away to background to add more depth to image

Quoted for agreement!

medunecer
11-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Bonsoir laurent!
So fine! I like it! It could be a great fantasy tales book cover! Really good. Which kind of fx will you add? Good job!

Euphrosyne
11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
I love your artwork it has a magikal and playful quality to it that makes me happy to look at it. Thank you for stopping by and looking at my work your encouragement is much appreciated. All the best in the challenge and in life.

Gunilla
11-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Yay - jippi! It looks beautiful now :love:

I like Monsits idea of some book sheets shaping a spiral from her to evolve from ... a bit like my previous post.

I really like the gloomy mood in this - english autumn, very nice http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/multi.gif

(o)ne
11-17-2005, 05:29 PM
I have no more words to describe my feelings so it's "just" very good :)

Zapan
11-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh yeah this is stunning , :eek: :eek:

I'm speechless... just wow :eek: :bounce: :love:

alancamara
11-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Amazing, beautiful, mate this scene is wooooonnnnderful, i loved. Master piece for sure. Perphaps you could increse a bit the lights on the library, just a bit, i think that see better, no? The angel is great, i was hope for this. The translucence birds is so good, Could you make like the tinkerbell of the Peter Pan (see the picture), no? Sorry for the picture

http://blogs.ipswitch.com/archives/Peter%20Pan,%20Tinkerbell.jpg

DaddyMack
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm absolutely stunned atm mate:eek: Well and truly, you have blown me away!!!

Good luck with talking your machine into behaving again;)

and Congrats on producing a Classic piece here mate:buttrock:

Goul
11-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Ow, that's crazy :)
I love the birds flying arounds, great idea !
You should maybe get the camera a bit closer to the girl, i want to see her more ! (maybe i should wait for the full sized version too .. :rolleyes: )

eddieellis
11-17-2005, 08:33 PM
oh yes, thats much better :thumbsup:

Versiden
11-17-2005, 08:56 PM
looking cool dude

just something is just niggling me with the left arm, it doesn't feel natural and seems stiff. Try lowering her left shoulder a bit more, it might make it look more relaxed.

Mhyrdin
11-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Laurent ! You know what ... (not Amapi, no)
I MUST advise my son,
if he sees a big smoke over Reims, it's not an atomic explosion ...:eek:
it's only your PC trying to compute your picture, that's right ? :)

Ceci dit : quelle image ! :thumbsup:

tuck
11-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Wow! Fantastic work...Great color composition man.:thumbsup:

SoniaNotRed
11-18-2005, 01:17 AM
I think that will be hard now... if you want... I can send you the texture for your building ? :twisted: :scream: hahahahaha

Why, thank you! I'll give you a call when I start decorating inside! :twisted:

Good going with the fx! :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-18-2005, 04:22 AM
Whouw... many replies here... thanks to you all for your interest... that touch me a lot another time... really kind... :love:

Sergio -> sure... I imagine that... do you have finish now ? gnark gnark gnark (working, not laughing...)

Dimitris -> Good point for me if you like my friend... cool :thumbsup:

Monsitj -> about birds at many place in the scene, it's impossible because in the story, bluebirds symbolize a knowledge spread... but about I will certainly add some more sheet flying around... thank for council Monsit...

Medunecer -> about FX... I don't know exactly, when the compo will be okay, I will do some test... but I don't think that's possible to add more and more effects, there's already much things in this scene... the next feeling can give me some solutions... thanks for your interest Marco.

Euphrosyne -> Thanks a lot for your wishes... you said "magical"... that agree me a lot... it's yet exactly a big part of the feeling I want... the way seem good... thanks a lot :cool:

Gunilla -> totally yes with the books sheet... for her legs zone, I will keep them like that, to preserve her shape... but around, I certainly trying something more in spiral.

I'm very happy you like honey... day begin better than my latest night... a good thing, thanks and good morning Gunie. :wavey:

(o)ne -> your "just" can make my day Stepan, thanks mate... :arteest:

Zapan -> your smileys speak for you my prefered Cadet... and for that I thanks you... (pas trop d'excès hier ?)

denverbz -> thanks for these 2 points... about more light for the library... don't know, but I can easily to a quick test with the layer in photoshop.

But about the second point... it's exactly one of the test I've planed to do... and thank's for the picture... that will my motivation of the day... hat kinf of trail with little luminous dust... I only hope my actual picture is not to lightened for this kind of effects, but it's sure, I will test that. Thanks Alan.

DaddyMack -> Your words are very sweet for me Robert... that push me to continue in this way. Thank you so much mate

Goul -> I know about the distance of the angel wih the camera... it's really my problem in this scene... I've trying to partage the both... not so far but an environment visible at least... enclosed the library and the knowledge angel... I trick a little because her scale in increase with the global scale... the ony thing I can do... it's to change a little bit the focal of camera... but we certainly not gain a lot, but I will do the test. In other hand, I will gain a lot of definition when I will do the rendering in the final size... and that could be better normally. Thanks for your advice Nicolas.

Eddieellis -> Just "Thanks" :beer:

Versiden -> I note that Martin... I don't know if that will be very easy now... with all her stuffs... but I will try to see what I can do... maybe that will be less visible when I will turn her a little... thanks for the remark my friend... great !

Mhyrdin -> Hahaha... Yonowat... good memories my friend... I think your son have very good eyes, congratulate him for me... but latest night... no computing, just "beaujolais nouveau"... il faut bien se sacrifier à la tradition, non ?

Tuck -> That kind of comments of a great artist like you is very important for me, thanks Udom... :bowdown:

SoniaNotRed -> Ok girl... no prob... that make me think that these textures are not present on my texture website, a real shame, I must repare that soon...

Rebeccak
11-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Lemog,

Beautiful work...I really love the ethereal bluish glow in one of your many renders...wow, will the whole library be here, only dilapidated / broken down~? Wow, so much amazing progress! :bounce:

~Rebeccak

daWinky
11-18-2005, 04:49 AM
Hi Laurent,

most comments have been made...I'm late this morning...and I have to look to the picture for a long time...so let me just say one word: congrats!!!:applause:

-sabrina

makaron
11-18-2005, 06:32 AM
I can hear the little bluebird tweet, tweet singing here... nice addition to my morningcoffee... :p
they turned out soo fine... :bounce: and you been a busy builder I see on the libary, you are a strange nut, demolition instead of building up... but it looks good... let´s see more :)

SONIC-X
11-18-2005, 06:36 AM
It looks exellent dude.Well done on a great job.

bouledpue
11-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Good work Laurent, but i Think it will bee better with a little more contrast, and maybe place the camera higher to look the woman "en plongée", or the inverse "en contre plongée", try it to see please ;)

Lemog
11-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Rebeccak -> Thanks for your workds Beckie... good thing you like... :wavey:

daWinky -> Thank you Sabie... I'm waiting your next remark... I just hope you will continue to like this creation... :beer:

Makaron -> Happy to see you're back Monie... after your hard works of the previous days... and you're right... I'm built and after... I destroy... as the life around us... the humanity is like that... a shame :scream:

SONIC-X -> Always Thanks Corrie :thumbsup:

Bouledpue -> Thanks for your advice Axel... about the contrast... the final scene wil have normally more contrats... now, with the low size of render and the odd compositing and the jpeg compression... it's not perfect so far... about changing camera framing... for the moment, I don't know... maybe... but as you imagine... before finishing this pre-compo, I do many test for this camera... now, with all these parts very heavy... that will be of course less easy... and the worse, that claim at least 1 or 2 days of rendering for each test... Then you understant that I must be sure before change my way of framing.
But I don't say "no"... must thinking before... and waiting more advices too...
Remain me other stuff to do or to fix before... when all these details will be okay... I will try that... thanks Axel for you so good opinion... :bowdown:

aliasali
11-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Wow!beqautiful render and very cool mood! man i didnt know the plan!:bounce: :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-18-2005, 08:26 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132305980_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132305980_large.jpg)

Some modifications...

Books sheet flying around... it's a second test cause I try before with more pages at the top... but it was not very good... with the birds proximity.

I turn a little the angle as suggered by Gunie...

(Always based on the horrible photoshop compositing with the odd rendering)

I hope to fix many things today... to send rendering in full size during this weekend.

Lemog
11-18-2005, 08:28 AM
While watching the last pic... 2 ideas :

- a bird more just on the book... just between the book and the breast...
- turn a little her eyes in spectator direction... not completely... but a litte...

What do you think about these perhaps new addition ? :)

JamesMK
11-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Starting to look really, really good. The details work well (although maybe it's a little busy, but not too much) and there is a clear sense of motion there too, very nice :thumbsup:

Then again, you and I have different opinions about lighting - and I guess we still do :D

Great job at any rate, and the overall impression is that of a strange, yet beautiful dream.

daWinky
11-18-2005, 09:03 AM
I like the new angle, that was a good idea :) and I can imagine very good to turn her eyes direction more to the spectator...not sure about these flying sheets:curious: , maybe a little to much...but I would like to see the mentioned bird near the book, it will show the connection between birds and book of knowledge better...eagerly waiting for a new update now:bounce:

-sabrina

makaron
11-18-2005, 09:15 AM
While watching the last pic... 2 ideas :

- a bird more just on the book... just between the book and the breast...
- turn a little her eyes in spectator direction... not completely... but a litte...

What do you think about these perhaps new addition ? :)

yes... one bird can read about knowledge... :bounce: and then you got 13 birds, and 13 is a luckynumber soo... :p

and turning her eyes towards the spectator... :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Wow!beqautiful render and very cool mood! man i didnt know the plan!
I hope now that's clear for you my friend... :thumbsup:

Starting to look really, really good. The details work well (although maybe it's a little busy, but not too much) and there is a clear sense of motion there too, very nice
Then again, you and I have different opinions about lighting - and I guess we still do
Great job at any rate, and the overall impression is that of a strange, yet beautiful dream.

Yes, we have very different taste for lighting... but I think nerverless to have with next rendering something more strong... for the moment, shadows are odd... it's home work made with some alpha problem... then... I hope that will be better soon... but of course... I will keep a foggy mood anyway...

I like the new angle, that was a good idea and I can imagine very good to turn her eyes direction more to the spectator...not sure about these flying sheets:curious: , maybe a little to much...but I would like to see the mentioned bird near the book, it will show the connection between birds and book of knowledge better...eagerly waiting for a new update now
-sabrina
Ok for the eyes... it's not a big work to test it...
About flying sheet... I note your advice... I'm waiting for more thoughts... but I certainly do some different test while composite them...
Birds on the book... I will... 2 solutions... bird flying just on the book, or just posed on it... in relaxed more...
...and if I add one more bird... that give us a total of 13 birds ??? can I keep this number... or delete one of the flying birds to keep the total of 12... (12 as the number of eggs in the box... eggs of birds of course... :scream: hahahaha I'm tired it mean...)
Thanks for your thoughts girl :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-18-2005, 09:23 AM
yes... one bird can read about knowledge... :bounce: and then you got 13 birds, and 13 is a luckynumber soo... :p

and turning her eyes towards the spectator...

ok Mona... I keep the 13 number of birds... :thumbsup:

JamesMK
11-18-2005, 09:33 AM
I hope that will be better soon... but of course... I will keep a foggy mood anyway...
Ah, I didn't say it was bad :D And please keep the foggy mood, it's perfect.

khaleghi
11-18-2005, 09:41 AM
that`s wonderfull and very nice compo:thumbsup: ,at the beggining of the challenge I did not think to see some thing like this:)
very nice,you`re the one.

SONIC-X
11-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Nice adition the pages are.

Looks better every time.

Gunilla
11-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I've missed my morning session today ... and what great update!

I'm very happy about her new angle :), and I think it sounds like a good idea to have her look into the camera (if the pigmees are not going to be there)

It's really beautiful now, real magic - changing the scenery was an excellent idea :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Ah, I didn't say it was bad :D And please keep the foggy mood, it's perfect.

I've understand well James... no prob :)

that`s wonderfull and very nice compo ,at the beggining of the challenge I did not think to see some thing like this
very nice,you`re the one.
At the first time, there was a little bit different, but as often for long project like that... evolutions can appear... glad you like this project now Mohammad :thumbsup: Thanks...

SONIC-X -> Partaged feeling... but I keep them for the moment... I can wait the next addition to be sure... but it's already a good think if you like. Thanks dude...

Gunilla -> Yes Gunie... sometimes, it's not easy to be everywhere... I'm happy you like "your" new angle... It fit well it mean...
...but pigmees are not completely deleted of the story...
I think the same thing about the changement... that will be better... certainly more magical and less Harry Potter than the first idea...
Nice day of work to you dear :deal:

SONIC-X
11-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Just a thought I have.What would it look like if angel is flying out of the hole which causes the pages to fly out with her and instead of having the birds flying around her head ,have them sitting in the trees nearby ready to take to the air because they were waiting for her to rise since they are magical and anticipated her rising from the depths of the ruined librery of knollege.

Just a thought I had when looking at the last render again.

Lemog
11-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Just a thought I have.What would it look like if angel is flying out of the hole which causes the pages to fly out with her and instead of having the birds flying around her head ,have them sitting in the trees nearby ready to take to the air because they were waiting for her to rise since they are magical and anticipated her rising from the depths of the ruined librery of knollege.

Just a thought I had when looking at the last render again.

Thanks for thoughts my friend... that would be a solution for a new story... you're right...

but in mine, it's a little bit different... her... thus the angel... representing the knowledge... she was consituing by these books pages... and she spreads the knowledge around her we the form of these BlueBirds... only symbolistic... the only thing real will be the pigmees or aborigens... and if they're not here on the final picture, the only real thing will be the spectator finally.

Thanks for your idea and to take time Corrie :thumbsup:

mmoir
11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Laurent,

This image is really taking shape, you are really good at this cg thing. Great job on this and an excellent job so far , this is going to be a fantastic image.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SONIC-X
11-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks. I love seeing how this has been developing and one of my favorites.

See ya monday.

Lemog
11-18-2005, 01:02 PM
mmoir -> Thanks for your words Mike... I begin o see the end of the story now... :thumbsup:

SONIC-X -> Thanks for your extra-pushing... yep... seeya monday too... I hope that my PC doesn't death during the week-end... I have 12 files in 4000x4800 to render... poor computer... :scream:

Lemog
11-18-2005, 01:30 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132324206_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132324206_large.jpg)

Well... quickly done... some modifications...

- eyes direction... I think it's better now,

- the 13th bird on the book... I'm ask myself to really know if it's pose is good like that... with closed wings... of if he must have open wings...

In any case... I send the batch for the 12 renders this week-end.
I hope that will be finish for monday.

Thanks everybody for your incredible support in my thread. That certainly permit me to do more... or only "to do", when I don't have the time, or the force, or the envy or the motivation...

...again THANKS A LOT girls and guys, you're a kind CG community...

Gunilla
11-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Beautiful ... ahh... and yes, eyes direction really strong now. Open wings for the bird I think, and maybe on the edge of the book?

Thanks for this last update ... and have a great weekend! Don't forget to feed the dwarfs :scream:

Lemog
11-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Gunilla -> When Gunie speaking... it's the evidence wich speak... of course... open wings and the bird at the corner... an evidence... thanks my girl... and have a nice weekend with lot of rest... and some spare time with your twins :scream:

:wavey:

alancamara
11-18-2005, 03:57 PM
It's a great image for sure:bounce:. The library looks to me better now i also liked the composition and the angle camera, so good. Great work Laurent, no crits. Almost done my friend. :applause:

ihamid
11-18-2005, 07:41 PM
hiya lemog atlast it came togther beautifully! :bounce::bounce: ! like the birds ..gives out that magical moment i think :)!cheers!

Agamemnwn
11-18-2005, 08:20 PM
It looks amazing laurent :D great job as always . i agree with gunilla about the bird. it will be more natural as the birds balances to be on the book as the spirit shores upwards :D

PhilPJ
11-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi Lemog,

I arrive a little late, but if the pages of the book also flew away? that would give a dynamic effect for the top of the body which seems to me
too static compared to the remainder of the scene.

But it is very nice

(o)ne
11-19-2005, 12:57 PM
congratulations with the result, Laurent! :applause:

claudiojordao
11-19-2005, 03:03 PM
:drool: What to say what to say! I'm gonna think a bit more... meanwhile :drool:

madshooter
11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Lemog]http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132324206_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132324206_large.jpg)

Looks awesome my friend:thumbsup: Those birds I like them a lot, congratulations for your fantastic piece of Art. All the best for kingsize renders. Now the final image:bounce: :bounce:

gpepper
11-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Nice !
Some atmospheric effects should be clean...

beelow
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
laruent that is just dope, I love those blurred effects, it really works with this image, good luck with it!:drool:

monks
11-19-2005, 03:54 PM
good ambiance :) and then...very good picture ! Perhaps can you blur a little the trees in the background to make your birds more visible. keep it up ! :thumbsup:

nemirc
11-20-2005, 02:40 PM
sweet!!! :beer: :notworthy::arteest:

Climax
11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
• Hey Lemog! cool and very close to the end! :cool:
I have a couple of suggestions:

• what if she is looking to the book, maybe should also make the color of her lips less dark
• I would take off the blur, and show more "movement" on the pages, maybe one closer to the camera
• What about some kind of magic light comming out of the hole
• Maybe the birds flying in an espiral around her

Great work! I like all details, you should also try more contrasted shadows to separate the main characters from the background, just opinions to make your image even more stunning! :wavey:

Lync
11-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Wow, it has been amazing watching this image take shape. Great work!

I really like the atmosphere and the colours! :bowdown:

Micro26
11-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Great work Lemog and amazing finish. I like the mood and movement u got there.
Best of luck man;)

Lemog
11-21-2005, 05:35 AM
denverbz -> Thanks for your eyes Alan... remain me more work to finish this pic... but it mean that I am in the good way...

yuniserees -> Héhé... I know my birds are less good than yours, but it's not my goal... Thanks for words Hamid...

Agamemnown -> I hope in the next updates the new pose for bird will be better... we will see... thanks for posting here my friend.

PhilPJ -> I totally understand your point of view Philippe... but I do this choice for 2 reasons... first, I do the test... and visually, ot's not very good... too much things at the top of the scene, and with the birds, that comes confused, and the second reason, the concept... books sheets built her... she's constitued by these pages.. pages make live the knowledge... and of course, it's not possible to have these page more high in the scene.

For sure, I imagine without prob that not very easy to see at first view in the scene... each girls and guys can take what they want in the image, with their eyes and their sensitive... I just hope to show my own feeling.

As I said before, remain me lot of work to finish this pic... (done with bad ans small rendering...), and I hope that could be better for you very soon. In any case, thanks for your interest... it's really appreciated.

(o)ne -> I'm happy you already like that... that can be only better for the following... thanks Stepan.

claudio_jordao -> Sometimes, no words have more power than much... then, thank you Claudio

Madshooter -> thanks for wishes... but you know... king size renders are not for the final picture... I certainly much things to modify or correct before the real final one... and one of the most important, it's the presence or not for the pigmees, or that kind of little guys... representing the old culture... For the moment, I always don't know if I do them or not...

Personally, I think they're very important in my story... and also in the composition... There's lot of day I already see them in this composition... but in over hand, it don't remain lot of time before the head... the choise is not easy.

Gpepper -> Merci mon ami...

Beelow -> Thanks a lot Bryce... I hope to continue in the good way... thanks

Monks -> maybe Greg... in fact, I think that will be more constrasted in the next large rendering, this one is very little and odd... and of course... thta don't help to have something with contrasted parts... and that's certainly easier to set that in these future renders. Thanks for your remark.

Nemirc -> Always thanks for the beer... always very appreciated... and necessary...

Climax -> About her mouth... I don't know for the moment... that certainly appear les dark in the next render, for the moment, resolution was to small to keep good the little details.

About pages closer... I don't think do to that if I keep the concept with the actual story... pages can't be far of her, because pages create her.

The magical things are not here for the moment, it's planed this week... (as the pigmees).

I don't do a spiral with these birds because I just want a kiind of elevation for them, as knowledge elevation, not a real bluebirds fly...

Thanks for thoughts Omar... that's great to have that kind of interest for my project... thanks a lot man.

Lync -> Thanks to supporting me Lynda.

Mr Micro26 -> Thanks for wishes Fotis...

daWinky
11-21-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi Laurent,

no good suggestions from me:) ...I just love how the whole things come together now and the overall mood...I found the change in your concept so late and dangerous - but as I've said before: You're unbelievable fast working for me and this change was in the end a great improvement:thumbsup: ...and it's always a good thing to follow your imagination, especially when it is so beatiful than yours:) ...so let us see your final tweaks soon and then: Good luck with the final render...cy:wavey:

-sabrina

DimitrisLiatsos
11-21-2005, 06:31 AM
:thumbsup: And he finishes this Ladies and Gentlemen, Nuts stuff once more...weeee :wavey:

Gunilla
11-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Good morning Laurent! So, what's on schedule for this week? Will the pigmees be revealed?
It almost looks finished now - I can't believe that you've managed this much along your day jobs... wow! :wavey:

jddog
11-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Good morning lolo... and... ? :wip: you computer did it ? Everything is rendered ?
jdd

Lemog
11-21-2005, 07:50 AM
DaWinky -> In first thanks for all these good words... and for wishes... now, first King Size Renders are done... in 4000x4800... that give for the 12 rendering a total of 44 hours for rendertime... I must mount that now... always very heavy for my poor computer... I hope that will be ok, I will try this first large Photoshoping at midday...

DimitrisLiatsos -> Finish ? not yet man, remain magical effects, I got some ideas, but no time to test that for the moment... and always need to solve the question of the pigmee's presence... always don't know... but times continue to run... :scream:

Gunilla -> Good morning Gunie... this week... of course... Pigmees... magical stuffs... and the obligatory last minute idea... :banghead: and the compositing... another very short week it mean...
...but I must finish one day I think... I'm afraid by the big hole after the deadline... really afraid :cry:

medunecer
11-21-2005, 07:50 AM
I saw the working process of this image: simply astounding! I like the style of the final image. Waiting for the king size! Great!

Gunilla
11-21-2005, 07:53 AM
...but I must finish one day I think... I'm afraid by the big hole after the deadline... really afraid :cry:

Don't be - you already know how to fill it, right?

Your new thrilling project, other threads to spam in :scream: and of course, eagerly await the result from the jury. So, take a deep breath - you have plenty of time...two weeks is enough to complete :)

Lemog
11-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Good morning lolo... and... ? :wip: you computer did it ? Everything is rendered ?
jdd

Hello my Juju...

and yes... all IFF files are finish... and all appear okay... 500mo of pics... and my old TDZ2000 swap all the weekend as a fool... I hope that can rest the good framing for me... that save me much time to don't have to re-render all these layers for the next additions... :beer:

Lemog
11-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Don't be - you already know how to fill it, right?
Yes, of course... this new project can't start too much soon... remain me lot of work of documentation to complete... I've already working a lot of it... but that appear to be a pharaonic project... all must be clear before to start something...

Lemog
11-21-2005, 08:01 AM
I saw the working process of this image: simply astounding! I like the style of the final image. Waiting for the king size! Great!
Thanks for the support Marco... I hope that final picture can be better... thanks :thumbsup:

makaron
11-21-2005, 08:01 AM
morning Lemog, AKA the Stuntman...
hope you have something new to show us soon... :bounce: or are you just gonna write all morning :p

Elsie
11-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Yeah! A full picture! Wooh! :bounce:

Looking great there Lemog, the bluebirds look lovely. I'll save the comments till I can see better in the kingsize, suffice to say: Cmmooooon! Show us!

Lemog
11-21-2005, 09:16 AM
morning Lemog, AKA the Stuntman...
hope you have something new to show us soon... :bounce: or are you just gonna write all morning :p
Hello Mona...

no... not writing all the morning... I'm at work... but lot of rendering to do here... that give me little time to start the king Size Compositing (on my second PC at work... the same sewing machine than at home :banghead: )... I can't resist long time you know... thus, soon some pics...

Yeah! A full picture! Wooh! :bounce:
Looking great there Lemog, the bluebirds look lovely. I'll save the comments till I can see better in the kingsize, suffice to say: Cmmooooon! Show us!
Okay... I'm waiting for hard crits on the final kingsize :scream: hahaha

agou
11-21-2005, 09:24 AM
hééééé, ça prend forme!
Really nice picture (I'm fond of the blue birds), maybe the only default in the render is the light, the woman should be more lightened, and trees would be in darkness in my mind. And birds are too fluorescents in comparison to the rest of the scene : the eyes are more attracted to them than to the woman, it's a pity.
That was the little crits of the morning of the sophinette.:D

Lemog
11-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Agou -> these Bluebirds are very important and must be very visible, for the moment, it need more magical stuff around her... I note your remark Sophie... I have to mount now all rendering with the good size... with lot of more details than the previous odd picture... I hope the next one appear better for you and your taste... thanks a lot la Sophinette... on va essayer de faire un maximum... :D

Lemog
11-21-2005, 09:54 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132570485_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132570485_large.jpg)

Background compositing, with green sky... smoke, fog, and dof...

Lemog
11-21-2005, 09:55 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132570546_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132570546_large.jpg)

the result...

agou
11-21-2005, 09:55 AM
I just wanted to do a little crit, just for fun... Et puis come on dit "la critique est aisée", non?:)

Lemog
11-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I just wanted to do a little crit, just for fun... Et puis come on dit "la critique est aisée", non?:)
No prob girl... that remain very interest anyway... I note all... and of course... I must do a choice... ;) et je préfère le terme "remarque" plutôt que "critique" :cool:

Lemog
11-21-2005, 10:00 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132570823_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132570823_large.jpg)

Ground and library ruins on the background...

Lemog
11-21-2005, 10:03 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132571027_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132571027_large.jpg)

the result...

Lemog
11-21-2005, 10:06 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132571199_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132571199_large.jpg)

Light for kinky lamps... and main sad trees...

Lemog
11-21-2005, 10:08 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132571299_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132571299_large.jpg)

the resul... + another blue foggy effect for the top.

Jaba153
11-21-2005, 10:12 AM
l'homme qui post plus vite que son ombre...

Jaba153
11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
yeah great render here..no crits..just maybe add a break/fallen collumn comin' to the foreground.. and more small roots goin on that ruins..anyway "it kills"(ça tues!:argh: )

Lemog
11-21-2005, 10:34 AM
yeah great render here..no crits..just maybe add a break/fallen collumn comin' to the foreground.. and more small roots goin on that ruins..anyway "it kills"(ça tues!:argh: )
Good ideas Mathieu... in fact, that appear a little "poor" at this part... to keep place for pigmees... but if pigmees doesn't come... I will certainly add that kind of stuff... thanks killer :bowdown:

Lemog
11-21-2005, 11:19 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132575547_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132575547_large.jpg)

Ferns and Stones now... this layer can appear very simple... but whith all transparencies of the ferns, a very long rendering... more of 8 hours in 4000x4800...

Lemog
11-21-2005, 11:22 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132575766_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132575766_large.jpg)

The result... I also double the layer, reddish this second one... and erasing some parts to have more tones for the ferns.

jddog
11-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Good ideas Mathieu... in fact, that appear a little "poor" at this part...
Moreferns with some column can be a solutions too without gererating roots or to much other relements, thay can charge too much the scene...
:wip:
jdd

Gunilla
11-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Amazing! This is so beautiful now... the mood filled with soft sadness... I didn't think I'd like any of your work more than I do "Mother Nature" - but this... promises to become even better. :bowdown:

Each step closer now - and the time is no enemy now, right?

sergioKomic
11-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Better and better!

( i was getting worried!)

You also said you would change the angel's vision point... did I miss that?

Lemog
11-21-2005, 12:04 PM
jddog -> no prob... in any case... if I add more at this place, it's only at final... when deadline will be too much near :beer:

Gunilla -> no prob with the time... the minima already agree me... now, I'm trying to do more... I'm very touched you like the "Mother Nature" at this point, personnaly, it's also the one I prefer... there's lot of things inside... lot of serious subject, messages... but also fun... alqays very important... but with this one, I don't know... we will see... difficult to had some funny stuffs... or maybe the pigmees :drool:

sergioKomic -> I've two things... the first, turn the angel as suggered by Gunie, and it's already done... and in second... trying effectively another point of view... I do some test, yes... but only in the viewport of Maya... nothing agree more for the moment... I don't know if I will have time to do more test... I like a lot the actuel composition...
Thanks to survey here mate:bowdown:

Lemog
11-21-2005, 12:07 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132578446_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132578446_large.jpg)

Branches for the trees... and bushes for the ground... and more blue mood...

Lemog
11-21-2005, 12:10 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132578614_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1132578614_large.jpg)

The result...

Gunilla
11-21-2005, 12:12 PM
And looking at this last render, and the alpha layer for the branches, I think - would it be good to make the branches white? As if covered with frost? That could make for a nice framing of the scene... just an idea. I've stopped having ideas for my own now - so you can be warned, I may have many suggestions for you now :twisted:

SoniaNotRed
11-21-2005, 12:13 PM
...in 4000x4800... that give for the 12 rendering a total of 44 hours for rendertime... I must mount that now... always very heavy for my poor computer...

Ouch! :eek: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

Go Lemog, go!!! :bounce: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#):bounce: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#):bounce: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

eddieellis
11-21-2005, 12:27 PM
dude, that is suburb.... :buttrock: :bowdown:

I have nothing alse to add

makaron
11-21-2005, 12:33 PM
this looks spectacular... :bounce:
and if I stare a couple of minuts in that forest, I´m sure that a can see a couple of libarians, running around...

SONIC-X
11-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Great work Lemog.Love the compositing.

jddog
11-21-2005, 12:39 PM
jddog -> no prob... in any case... if I add more at this place, it's only at final... when deadline will be too much near :beer:
Yep of course... only if you have time, everything is ok and works fine in the image, at same time you can work with contrast in psd to darken a bit the front area and loose focus on this area... but before point yourself on the final compo, image an main postfx, then we will see later...
everything looks fine now... A DONF !!! :wip:

madshooter
11-21-2005, 12:43 PM
And the result is fantastic Dude:thumbsup: Now the angel with birds and then the final image:) :bounce: :bounce:

Lemog
11-21-2005, 12:45 PM
And looking at this last render, and the alpha layer for the branches, I think - would it be good to make the branches white? As if covered with frost? That could make for a nice framing of the scene... just an idea. I've stopped having ideas for my own now - so you can be warned, I may have many suggestions for you now :twisted:
No... it's a really good suggestion... I can say that... I had the same idea while compositing the first test in low resolution... the effect really works I must acknowledge, the only prob, is that oblige me to add that kind of effect on other parts... and another point... Why frost... there's a lot of conceptual things in this scene, and as you know... I like to have a good reason to add something no planed in the story... just want to have something a little sad... because we can be sad without knowledge... but to don't have knowledge doesn't give cold, not ? :scream: hahahaha
Always much pleasure to read you... :thumbsup:

SoniaNotRed -> yes... hahaha... but finally, I'm happy, no machine crash, no system crash, no Lemog crash... astonishing :twisted:

Eddieellis -> I think it's sufficient... thanks :bowdown:

SpotsGirl -> Librarians... oh yes... something like that, but smaller... and darker... maybe soon :wavey:

SONIC-X -> Thanks mate... but what are you doing here... you don't have a project to finish ? then... let's go :scream: hahahaha

Lemog
11-21-2005, 12:49 PM
you can work with contrast in psd to darken a bit the front area and loose focus on this area...
Exactly Juju... with all layers... I can do all... or almost :beer:

Madshooter -> that come's mate... but I've no much time... I can work on details only between... my rendering cession at work... and in other hand, I prefer to think precisely to each integration... quietly... :wavey:

makaron
11-21-2005, 12:54 PM
SpotsGirl -> Librarians... oh yes... something like that, but smaller... and darker... maybe soon :wavey:

gosh, I´m gonna stare at your next updates in details, so I don´t miss them... and hope I´m not have any old spots on my screen that looks like a little tiny knowledge libarians... :scream:

icedeyes
11-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Very nice work as always my friend... I have been crawling around your thread for a while but had no time to post.... Good luck in the challenge...

(o)ne
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
I like your colors! (I guess I didn't say smth about it earlier :deal: )

:thumbsup:

Lemog
11-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Mona -> okay... wash your glasses... searching cession is open :scream:

icedeyes -> Thanks mate... I know too about time... hard... always run fast :eek:

(o)ne -> Hahahaha... very good Stepan... but at this time, colors are not the final one... remain me more work on tones I mean :twisted: hahahaha all can arrive so...

WildWire
11-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Lemog,

I like the image, I wish the center of interest would be more in the middle.
And I think that motion blur in a 3D still is very difficult, less is more.
And one more, there is a column in the middle that is overthrown.
This column stops visuell the motion of your angel.

but overal it's a good image, it's a pity that all your great work for
this challenge can't show in one image.

but you know it is only my opinion, see you in the next challenge.

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

Gunilla
11-21-2005, 02:11 PM
No... it's a really good suggestion... I can say that... I had the same idea while compositing the first test in low resolution... the effect really works I must acknowledge, the only prob, is that oblige me to add that kind of effect on other parts... and another point... Why frost... there's a lot of conceptual things in this scene, and as you know... I like to have a good reason to add something no planed in the story... just want to have something a little sad... because we can be sad without knowledge... but to don't have knowledge doesn't give cold, not ? :scream: hahahaha
Always much pleasure to read you... :thumbsup:

Makes sense not bringing in winter here... how about making it a kind of tree with very bright branches? I'm sure there are that kind of trees somewhere ... and by making them bright but not white the sad mood could still be there, right?

Ooh - so is it pigmee time now? :bounce:

And if you're not making pigmees, perhaps some garden gnomes?

hahaha, I'll stop now - promise :scream: