PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular 3D Entry: laurent antoine lemog

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Lemog
09-05-2005, 06:23 AM
laurent antoine lemog is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=7775)

Latest Update: Final Image: The Real Knowledge's Face...
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1133427545_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2870122#post2870122)

jddog
09-05-2005, 06:25 AM
salut lolo ! :D ...comme d'hab on arrache !
ok just this one in "french" ... good luck mate !
jdd

eddieellis
09-05-2005, 06:32 AM
good luck mate, always a pleasure to watch you work

icedeyes
09-05-2005, 06:36 AM
<De Niro mode> I 'll be watching YOU!!! Muhahahahahaha..... </De Niro mode>

All fun aside l am really eager to see what you have in store this time....

Good luck man....

coCoKNIght
09-05-2005, 06:37 AM
oh no, this thread's gonna explode.. too many posts..

andreas-V
09-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Good luck Laurent, looking forward to your work.

Squibbit
09-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Hey Lemog Have FUN!

ace4016
09-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Good luck:thumbsup: .

gpepper
09-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Merde ! Tu as été plus vite que moi ! En plus moi qui croyais être le premier à te souhaiter bonne chance ! Dommage...
C'est pas grave ! J'espère que tu vas encore nous trouver une image de dingue avec des idées encore bien particulières, que sont les tiennes!
Je te souhaite plein de poly et de textures, et plein de calque de rendu !

F@%$* ! You were faster than me ! I would believe that I would be the first to wish you good luck ! sad...
No matter! I hope that U will find a great picture with such ideas, YOURS !
I wish U a lot of Polys, textures and render pass !

:thumbsup:

Lemog
09-05-2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks to you all my friends, another time, I'm very happy to be with you here... certainly an another madness experience. I just hope to find time... :scream: hahahahahaha...

tlggungor
09-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Good luck Lemog:bounce:

antone-m
09-05-2005, 07:21 AM
good luck :thumbsup:

Nomad
09-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Bonne chance :thumbsup:

madshooter
09-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Waiting to see some thing unique

All the best dude:thumbsup:

JamesMK
09-05-2005, 07:26 AM
oh no, this thread's gonna explode..
Rest assured :D

Cool thing, Laurent, good luck!

TheFirstAngel
09-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Ahhh bon chance and tous le plaisir! hahahha, go go go Laurent! :scream:

reiv
09-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Good luck Lemog :)

monsitj
09-05-2005, 08:33 AM
yeah! how are you ! glad to see you again! good luck man!

DimitrisLiatsos
09-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Good luck my crazy NUT Frenchy ! :bounce: .

I am glad and already posted the camera near your pc ...i wanna see his spectacular explosion of polygon production..hehehe :bounce: .

Your friedly bubble...errr..potatoe...er....wait...i am puzzled...what am i now...bubble or potatoe? :scream:

Zapan
09-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Good luck Monsieur Lemog.

flaeticia
09-05-2005, 08:36 AM
et boom !
c'est parti ! coco est en route ! :P attention devant ça risque de faire mal : le sujet lui plait :)

bonne chance mon grand, tu vas déchirer sur ce challenge, je le sais ... je le sens :D
hihi

And boom!
It left! coco is on the way ! :P watch out that risks to hurt: the subject pleases him :)
Good luck my lolo, you are going to tear on this challenge, I know it ... I feel it :D

hihi

:bounce::thumbsup:

collings
09-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi Lemog! Nice to see you here once again ;)
looking forward for your progress, good luck :thumbsup:

authentic
09-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Good luck laurent. It's a big challenge coming.

Gunilla
09-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Ahhh ... the challenge is only hours old and your thread is already full :scream:

Have fun Laurent :wavey:

Ultemate
09-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Good Luck!
Waiting first screens. :thumbsup:

Ego
09-05-2005, 10:51 AM
The Lemog! Subscribing to wish you much fun. Its always a pleasure to watch you work.

MDN67
09-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Laurent, i'm glad to see you in this new challenge
J'attend avec impatience ce que tu vas encore nous proposer cette fois si, je pense que le spectaculaire va t'inspirer encore une image bien à toi

.::FRED::.
09-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Good luck for this new challenge, ... i'm happy to see that you haven't hesitate this time ... and especially don't forget the amazing bonuses you usually gave us in your past challenges (wallpaper, a video making of, .... and much more !) :thumbsup:

Lemog
09-05-2005, 12:01 PM
What a support, thanks a lot all my friend... I don't think to be the only one without ideas for the moment... and I have actually much works...
...I will certainly devote a couple of hours this night to think to this Spectacular topic... :scream:

...and best wishes for you all :thumbsup: certainly another time a lot masterpiece in this challenge... have fun :wavey:

Kid-Mesh
09-05-2005, 12:42 PM
I know Im going to be subscribing here. Good luck man!

Llynna
09-05-2005, 01:04 PM
bon chance bon chance :)

just subscribed to your thread and pm ed you *gg*. i wish you the best of luck and am curious what you will do out of the theme.

DaddyMack
09-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Lemog, you rock man, your last challenge was great to watch and me thinks I'll really enjoy this one too;)

Lemog
09-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Good luck for this new challenge, ... i'm happy to see that you haven't hesitate this time ... and especially don't forget the amazing bonuses you usually gave us in your past challenges (wallpaper, a video making of, .... and much more !) :thumbsup:

You're right my friend, the must important here, it's certainly the recreation... and just after, or in the same line, the pleasure to learn a lot for our passion.

Then, if I don't find a good subject, but that I begin nevertheless, I think of not forgetting the fun, the small pleasant moments, and especially bonuses and others wallpapers.

I would try to make a challenge before all for the happiness of the eyes, it's my principal goal. :bounce:

AnimZiggy
09-05-2005, 01:49 PM
good luck. hope you ll find time to do it! And I hope I will find time for mine too LOL. I like your work a lot!

Versiden
09-05-2005, 02:36 PM
hey dude.. goodluck, you're going to have fun with this one

ArtisticVisions
09-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Subscribed. Best of luck, mate. :)

Schun
09-05-2005, 02:47 PM
You're right my friend, the must important here, it's certainly the recreation...

recreation --> we musn't do the mistake with procreation :rolleyes: (one of your favorite subject, no ?) :D

One more time, on the road ajeun

good luck Lemog !

Poonks
09-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Good luck Lemog, i hope to see an another great picture from...

Du blabla du blabla... et le sketch alors il est ou? ;)

overcontrast
09-05-2005, 03:48 PM
now how dry would a CGtalk challange feel if the Nut King Lemog didnt joined!! this is awesome!! spice it up man... best of luck to ya!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :buttrock: :wip:

Lemog
09-05-2005, 03:57 PM
good luck. hope you ll find time to do it! And I hope I will find time for mine too LOL. I like your work a lot!
Thanks a lot guy... if you find some spare time, thanks to think to rent me a little part :bounce:

recreation --> we musn't do the mistake with procreation :rolleyes: (one of your favorite subject, no ?)
Keep silent, I believe that there are much girls here, they would be likely to leave while running. :D

[QUOTE=Schun]on the road ajeun
Je pense que tu commences à me connaître... ça va pas être facile de rien boire pendant 3 mois... et il faut absolulent que je trouve une idée avant la fin... :scream:
I think that you start to know me... that will be not easy for me to don't drink for 3 months... and it's necessary that I find an idea before the end...

Poonks -> Where is the sketch you said ? mmmmh sorry mate, for the moment... I don't have time to start (to my great despair)
... I hope to can this week... be patient :rolleyes: hahahaha
Anyway, thanks Cédric to be here.

jddog
09-05-2005, 03:59 PM
...I will certainly devote a couple of hours this night to think to this Spectacular topic...
Don't forget to sleep man ;)
jdd

flaeticia
09-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't forget to sleep man ;)
jdd

he doesnt have to sleep :)
he have to work on the challenge :) and he knows it ahahahah Im his coach, favorite coach i think ahahahah :bounce: good luck coco ;)

pushav
09-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Lemog! Nice to see you join.
Too bad you will not be joining the 2d one. Oh well. Good luck.

Rebeccak
09-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Holy crap!!! Already 3 pages of good wishes!!! Well, I might as well get in line...Good Luck Lemoggie!!! :wavey::beer::arteest::bowdown::wip:;):cool:

Cheers! :)

~Rebeccak

SheepFactory
09-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Good luck lemog!

AIR
09-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi L man.Just wanted to say,,,,,,Yeeeeehaaaaa.im happy like a newborn.
seeya arround my friend,,my good cg friend.

kmest
09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
hi laurent.....was sure you gonna join....well good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
sure i'll gonna have an eye on you like last time:beer:

mosconariz
09-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Bienvenue Lemog!

Best luck!

Agamemnwn
09-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Good luck Lemog :D

dd_005
09-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Bonne chance Lemog :)

rattlesnake
09-06-2005, 12:28 AM
ok man..u know a challenge is not complete if your art is not there...u really always show a great talent and creativity...im so happy youre here again...ill be following!

Climax
09-06-2005, 05:00 AM
• GOTTA (of course) SUBSCRIBE MYSELF IN THIS NUTSO THREAD!
Happy to see u in my friend! Ready for Battle?
:beer:

arLutiK
09-06-2005, 05:03 AM
Heureux de te revoir, Lemog

et bonne chance a toi

Yongkiat
09-06-2005, 05:12 AM
Your challenge post is going to be cool I definately got to subscribe to this thread ;)

Yong

adel3d
09-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Welcome to the challenge.Hopefully I'll can afford the time to participate.But I am so glad to see you here.:)
And good luck!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Good morning!
I thought perhaps you might need som of these :scream: (http://www.bitspin.net/images/neuron.jpg)

Good luck with your concept :wavey:

gpepper
09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Bon, ça vient ? va pas me faire croire que tu as dormi cette nuit ! Le sketch, le sketch, le sketch !

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So, When will it come ? Don't tell me that you sleep last night? We want the concept sketch ! We want it now !
:argh:

Lemog
09-06-2005, 06:16 AM
Don't forget to sleep man No prob my friend... I don't forget to put a slip on my head... what ? :scream:

and he knows it ahahahah Im his coach, favorite coach i think ahahahah you are not a little bit afraid ? :scream:

Lemog! Nice to see you join.
Too bad you will not be joining the 2d one. Oh well. Good luck.
Thanks, for the moment, it's too early for the statement, but if I have the chance to have enough time, I would be registered with pleasure with the challenge 2d.

Good Luck Lemoggie!!! Thanks for the support Rebecca... but you know, I'm playing only for meetcakes :D

Good luck lemog!Thanks Ali :thumbsup:

Hi L man.Just wanted to say,,,,,,Yeeeeehaaaaa.im happy like a newborn.
seeya arround my friend,,my good cg friend.
Thanks Damir... I'm happy to see you here... I don't find your thread for the moment ? You don't participate ? :sad:

hi laurent.....was sure you gonna join....I can resist for a long time you know :banghead:

Lemog
09-06-2005, 06:29 AM
mosconariz -> Thanks... see you mate

Agamemnwn -> Always great pleausure to see you here Jannis.

dd_005 -> Merci dd :beer:

ok man..u know a challenge is not complete if your art is not there...u really always show a great talent and creativity...im so happy youre here again...ill be following!Your words touch me a lot Jorge... perhaps "art" is a too strong word for my pictures, but one thing is sure, I'm another time very happy to be here with you all.

Climax -> Hey Omar... always fan of the Nut Touch ? hahaha :scream:

ar Lutik -> Merci... à toi également Gérard. :wavey:

Yongkiat -> Thanks to follow this thread. :)

adel3d -> I hope you can find time to participate too... As you already know, I very appreciate your works !

Gunilla -> Oh Dear... you're so pretty to give me some neurons... I really needed some :twisted: haha

Gpepper -> so of course, I've thinking to the subject, and slept nevertheless, I become old you know.
I have several ideas, but for the moment, I really like only one, but it's a little special, and right at the border of the subject. It will still be necessary to wait. :shrug:

Claireabella
09-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Hi Laurent. Yes, another challenge to get stuck into and hopefully this time I will complete it! Good luck. Claireabella

Lemog
09-06-2005, 07:16 AM
...this time I will complete it!
Take care girl... I note that :bounce:

calisto-lynn
09-06-2005, 08:26 AM
hiya mate!! wellcome to the challenge!!:)

good luck!!!:)

Elendil_le_Grand
09-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Good luck :)

Vivement qu'on voit une première image ...

Lemog
09-06-2005, 09:24 AM
hiya mate!! wellcome to the challenge!!:)

good luck!!!:)
Ho... you here Calisto... good news... do you joined too ? I must find your thread then... seeya :wavey:

Good luck :)

Vivement qu'on voit une première image ...
Thanks my friend... I hope to have a first image tomorrow... :argh:
Out of subject : I just discover your new website... congratulation, very impressive !!! I like your dynamic interface... that's a true good work, a real pleasure to sruf on it :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
09-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Merci pour le compliment :)

vampeta
09-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi Friend!

I´m happy to see you here!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Let´s rock this Challenge & and make some cool Pics ;)

Good luck to You! I wish you the best

Alex

Lemog
09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks Alexander... I will try :cool:

Well now... We must be serious a little... (and that wil be hard :twisted: )

...the challenge must start.

For the moment, only 2 ideas held my attention, because I really don't have much time actually.

First concept: "Young Hooligan".

In a middle-class Parisian street, a young boy, whom we guesses clever inventor, halfway overlaps in a spectacular way a machine between a surfing board or a pod racer...
he frightens a quite wise population, the horses of the harnessed cars, and irritates a police officer who blows with force in his whistle...

Second concept: "Plunged in the culture".

The history occurs in what we supposes being a keep used like a library.
Thousands of books are laid out around, on many stages. We sees many balconies and many staircases.
A young man (or a girl) is here, avid there of knowledge and culture. His arms are charged with a lot of books.
An important book and very coveted, seems to be extracted violently from the opposed library, above the hole.
The young man springs to catch this important book, in a spectacular jump "to the culture and knowledge", but which will involve it in the hole, and to his death.

- - - - - - - - - -

French Version :
Pour le moment, seulement 2 idées ont retenu mon attention, car je n'ai vraiment pas beaucoup de temps.

Premier concept : "Jeune Voyou".

Dans une rue parisienne bourgeoise, un jeune garçon, que l'on devine ingénieux inventeur, chevauche de manière spectaculaire un engin à mi-chemin entre une planche de surf et un pod racer...
il effraye une population bien sage, les chevaux des voitures attelées, et énerve un policier qui souffle avec force dans son sifflet...

Second concept : "Plongée dans la culture".

L'histoire se passe dans ce que l'on suppose être un donjon utilisé comme une bibliothèque. Des milliers de livres sont disposés tout autour, sur de nombreux étages.
On aperçoit de nombreux balcons et de nombreux escaliers.
Un jeune homme (ou une jeune fille) est là, avide de connaissance et de culture.
Ses bras sont chargés de livres.
Un ouvrage important et très convoité, semble s'extraire violemment de la bibliothèque opposée, au-dessus du vide.
Le jeune homme s'élance donc pour attraper ce livre important, en un bond spectaculaire "vers la culture et la connaissance", mais qui l'entraînera dans le vide, et vers la mort.

I hope that one of these 2 ideas agree you... For the moment, I don't take any decision... and as I don't have a lot of time, and I don't want to lose lot of time too... I will to take the decision today... to have soon a first concept sketch...

Thanks to all to give me your advices about these 2 stories.

Elendil_le_Grand
09-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Le deuxième sujet est intéressant et bien dans ton style :)

Mais je pense que le premier aura plus la faveur du public ... Donc à toi de voir ce qui te fait le plus plaisir ;)

JamesMK
09-06-2005, 10:30 AM
ah, some actual work being done, Laurent - impressive!

I kind of like le premier concept "Jeune Voyou" - particularly with a french pod racer (wouldn't that be a "poudde raceur"?) :D

Anyways, both cool ideas, but I guess the first one has a better chance of stimulating the 'wow' muscles - oh, and thanks for the french lesson too!

Zapan
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Les deux sont de très bonnes idées
Je pense que la seconde fais plus penser à une compo "à la francaise" avec plus de signification dans l'image etc...

Mais la premiere fera je pense plus dans le spécatulaire avec l'expression ébahie des passants...

Moi je voterais pour la premiere que je trouve plus appropriée au sujet, bien que la seconde puisse faire une tres belle compo...

DimitrisLiatsos
09-06-2005, 10:52 AM
YOUNG HOOLIGAN....is my favourite so far....:bounce:

NUTSO!:)

gpepper
09-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't know...
The first is in the subject but maybe it should be very technical to do...
The second is not very in the topic and not easy to understand...

Tremoside
09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi Laurent,

Nice to see you here..again! CGTalk is drug, there is no chance to escape :buttrock:
So let we do our "job". Best luck my friend, my eyes are sticked here..
Mark

robo3687
09-06-2005, 11:22 AM
i like the idea of the one with the guy jumping for the book...not sure why...just sounds good to me....lol....good luck and glad to see you here

Lemog
09-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Le deuxième sujet est intéressant et bien dans ton style
Mais je pense que le premier aura plus la faveur du public ... Donc à toi de voir ce qui te fait le plus plaisir
I think to have the same pleasure in the 2 version... the second give certainly a picture more "brainy"... but without explanation... not easy to give the real message.

I kind of like le premier concept "Jeune Voyou" - particularly with a french pod racer (wouldn't that be a "poudde raceur"?)
Anyways, both cool ideas, but I guess the first one has a better chance of stimulating the 'wow' muscles - oh, and thanks for the french lesson too!

Thanks for your always very interesting advice James... the wabbit say "the first"... I must congrats your for your incredible accent :scream:

Les deux sont de très bonnes idées
Je pense que la seconde fais plus penser à une compo "à la francaise" avec plus de signification dans l'image etc...
Mais la premiere fera je pense plus dans le spécatulaire avec l'expression ébahie des passants...
Moi je voterais pour la premiere que je trouve plus appropriée au sujet, bien que la seconde puisse faire une tres belle compo...
Merci gars... la seconde aurait certainement plus de magie que de spectaculaire, même si les 2 sujets peuvent se rejoindre... merci pour ton avis.

YOUNG HOOLIGAN....is my favourite so far...
Hehe... maybe he's called dimi ? :scream:

I don't know...
The first is in the subject but maybe it should be very technical to do...
The second is not very in the topic and not easy to understand...
Exactly... you're right... the second one is to intellectual for me... :D hahahaha

Nice to see you here..again! CGTalk is drug, there is no chance to escape
So let we do our "job". Best luck my friend, my eyes are sticked here..
Mark
Better friends are always here... very good Mark... I'm happy... Thanks :buttrock:

i like the idea of the one with the guy jumping for the book...not sure why...just sounds good to me....lol....good luck and glad to see you here
Thanks for your advice Paul... :beer:

Well, for the moment... the first project seems to be that which you all prefer... :bounce: Thanks to you all :wavey:

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, for the moment... the first project seems to be that which you all prefer... :bounce:

Well..... :)

I like both concepts - the first seems a bit more lighthearted and also perhaps more dramatic. You can make a lot with this scene. But ... to me the second one is the favourite for two reasons. The described mood is perhaps a bit more intriguing and also not so easy to grasp at first - definitely more "lemogish" :)
Second reason - it seems like a very unique take on the topic for the challenge from what I've seen so far.

But again, you're the master of your visions and I'm sure whatever you choose will be fine.

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh - and I forgot to say - really cool new avatar :thumbsup:

Lemog
09-06-2005, 01:01 PM
The described mood is perhaps a bit more intriguing and also not so easy to grasp at first - definitely more "lemogish" :)
Second reason - it seems like a very unique take on the topic for the challenge from what I've seen so far.

You've marked a point, it's true that the second history is in fact that which I had imagined in first. It's more conceptual, and has a true step. I leave myself until tomorrow morning to make a decision, or to find a new way, a new subject.
I knew that you will prefer this one. But the message will be more difficult to give. The error will not forgive, if the message does'not pass, the image will be bad and the goal will not be reached.
But I can reasuure you about the first concept... the graphic treatment will be very "lemogish" :scream:
Thank you for your always good and intelligent vision. :bowdown:

Poonks
09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey great ideas mister :thumbsup:

Personnaly i prefer the second subject... i think it could be a great interpretation of the challenge. Not very easy to make it quickly understandable but really really interesting... a another "french picture" :love:

As the others said u will "touch" more people with the first one, but the goal is to have pleasure making the picture... so do what u think will be better, i gave u my opinion i hope it will help u...

So good luck for the challenge, i hope to see next step soon...:bounce:

Squibbit
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
such a talented artist and you haven't yet presented us with any
visual concepts... tsk, tsk :p

yea the first concept seemed pretty cool..

rattlesnake
09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
hey...i choose the first one man...it really sounds spectacular:bounce:

aliasali
09-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey Lemog,we are waiting for ur kick A$$ Final!

Solothores
09-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Lemog,

Bonne chance to you lad. :thumbsup: I am pretty sure you will end up with a great entry again. If I had to make a choice between your both concepts, I would go for the second one as well, however make the spectacular element a bit more clear.

Cheers
Solo

Gunilla
09-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I knew that you will prefer this one. But the message will be more difficult to give. The error will not forgive, if the message does'not pass, the image will be bad and the goal will not be reached.
But I can reasuure you about the first concept... the graphic treatment will be very "lemogish" :scream:

I definitely see your point here - getting through is indeed something important. I'm sure you can find a way to be both clear and at the same time "lemogish". Looking forward to some sketches now ... I would have expected at least some wallpapers by now :scream:

JamesMK
09-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I would have expected at least some wallpapers by now :scream:
Yeah, exactly! It's been like, what, several days now, and not a single wallpaper. That sucks, dude.

Peter C.
09-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Best of luck Lemog :thumbsup:

Miyagu
09-07-2005, 12:46 AM
lemog! good luck!

CGTalk is drug, there is no chance to escape :buttrock:
hahaha! exactly!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Lemog
09-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey great ideas mister
Personnaly i prefer the second subject... i think it could be a great interpretation of the challenge. Not very easy to make it quickly understandable but really really interesting... a another "french picture" As the others said u will "touch" more people with the first one, but the goal is to have pleasure making the picture... so do what u think will be better, i gave u my opinion i hope it will help u...So good luck for the challenge, i hope to see next step soon...
Thanks Cédric, you can be sure that your opinion is very important too... cause you prefer the second one. I should certainly make a concept sketch for each one of them... to be able to choose.

Squibbit -> Thanks Squibi :thumbsup:

rattlesnake -> you too for the first, I not that, thanks Jorge.

Hey Lemog,we are waiting for ur kick A$$ Final!
hmmm... thanks my friend, bt you know, this time, the beginning seem very hard for me... :eek:

I am pretty sure you will end up with a great entry again. If I had to make a choice between your both concepts, I would go for the second one as well, however make the spectacular element a bit more clear.
Ok, you're totally right, the spectacular side of the second concept must be more clear and visible... I must think more about the realization... to be really sure. Thanks !

Yeah, exactly! It's been like, what, several days now, and not a single wallpaper. That sucks, dude.About the challenge... sure, for the moment, no wallpaper... but if you really need one, I can send you a photo of me in holidays with my pretty red and yellow polka dots bathing suit :banghead: hahahahaha

Best of luck Lemog Thanks Peter :beer:

lemog! good luck!:wavey: -> :arteest:

JamesMK
09-07-2005, 07:20 AM
About the challenge... sure, for the moment, no wallpaper... but if you really need one, I can send you a photo of me in holidays with my pretty red and yellow polka dots bathing suit :banghead: hahahahaha
:scream: :scream: :scream:

Now that I think about it, having no wallpaper is absolutely fine with me

jddog
09-07-2005, 07:37 AM
hard to tell Laurent... I love both... a little bit more the first knowing you devilish attraction to machines... sorry very hard... excellent and unique concept both...
jdd

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 07:43 AM
:scream: :scream: :scream:

I think the rest of us would love to see it though :twisted:

Lemog
09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
mmmh.. I don't ask why then :argh:

hard to tell Laurent... I love both... a little bit more the first knowing you devilish attraction to machines... sorry very hard... excellent and unique concept both...
jddWell... and for change of this "devilish attraction"... why not the second ? mmmh... no easy for me you know :hmm:

I think the rest of us would love to see it though :twisted:
Hahaha... only in PM :drool: hahaha... I don't know if exists worse things in the world :banghead:

jddog
09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Well... and for change of this "devilish attraction"... why not the second ? mmmh... no easy for me you know :hmm:

yep that the big question mate... on the 2 topic I was a little bit affraid that can be really hard to express this spectacular jump in image... probably a combination of envirnment and camera angle... In any case is really a strong idea... and well by the end you got right... something new !
jdd

Lemog
09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
yep that the big question mate... on the 2 topic I was a little bit affraid that can be really hard to express this spectacular jump in image... probably a combination of envirnment and camera angle... In any case is really a strong idea... and well by the end you got right... something new !
jdd
Your right... I must use combination of many elements to obtain something really spectacular... for the second idea... I think to add some flying books, to have more action and need to work very hard to obtain an heavy mood... I must try to put that on the paper before...

I go to post the first sketch about the first idea now... but that don't totally agree me... finally... I must wait the skect for the second idea... better feeling for me.

jddog
09-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I must wait the skect for the second idea... better feeling for me.
yep I think some sketches will really help you to define some concepts and idea for the scene and dynamic of the scene... in any case 2 one still a very powerfull concept... inbetween magical world and fantasy story... That can be somethig cool ... :wip:

jdd

OT: vas-y ma poule... whoahahahah... je suis salxxx

Lemog
09-07-2005, 10:50 AM
OT: vas-y ma poule... whoahahahah... je suis salxxxOoooooooooooh... je sais... mouahhh huhuhuhuhu :scream:

JamesMK
09-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Ooooooooooooh... je sais... mouahhh huhuhuhuhu :scream:
Yep, so get busy sketching, chicken :D

Lemog
09-07-2005, 10:59 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126090773_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126090773_large.jpg)

"Young Hooligan".

In a middle-class Parisian street, a young boy, whom we guesses clever inventor, halfway overlaps in a spectacular way a machine between a surfing board or a pod racer...
he frightens a quite wise population, the horses of the harnessed cars, and irritates a police officer who blows with force in his whistle...

Elendil_le_Grand
09-07-2005, 11:04 AM
C de la peinture ou de la 3d ?

En tout cas j'aime :)

kingfish3d
09-07-2005, 11:04 AM
wouaw, nice concept, i followed your work in progress in the last contest and i will follow again for this one!!:thumbsup:

Lovas
09-07-2005, 11:06 AM
So you decided to put the first idea in the realization? I agree, even though both seem very good, the first one is definitely more "spectacular". The concept looks like promising so far.

AIR
09-07-2005, 11:07 AM
But i am participatin,,,to miss this,,,not for a world.hahahaha.

GO big again L .

JamesMK
09-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Ah, another classic Lemog :D Even the policeman looks just right.

I guess the angles could be altered - better perhaps if the surfboard thingy was seen angled upwards more (we would not see any part of its upside) - but that would be minor alterations that could just as well be made in 3D later.

Zapan
09-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Excellent !
Ca fait tres Jules Verne , j'adhere totalement au concept.

It looks like a Jules Verne story,I really enjoy that concept.
Just can't wait to see that in 3d with the "lemog style"
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lemog
09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
C de la peinture ou de la 3d ?
En tout cas j'aime
Paint or 3d ? well... I put the shape to test some placement, and I've painting the rest in Photoshop. Merci :)

wouaw, nice concept, i followed your work in progress in the last contest and i will follow again for this one!!
Thanks to follow me another time mate :thumbsup:

So you decided to put the first idea in the realization? I agree, even though both seem very good, the first one is definitely more "spectacular". The concept looks like promising so far.
No, for the moment, nothing is decided... to be really sure, I've decided to draw the 2 concepts. You're right, is this one there's more action, more spectacular inside. But if our images are made to be watch, I love to put a real message inside, as in the second project... the principal challenge will be to add this "spectacular" which need. Thanks for your comment. :beer:

But i am participatin,,,to miss this,,,not for a world.hahahaha.
GO big again L .
To miss... no man... where are here only for the pleasure... and you know, I have always my old computer :D hahahahaha... it's a proof of pleasure, no ? :banghead:

Versiden
09-07-2005, 11:23 AM
very cool man, I think the concept and style is right up your alley :thumbsup:

icedeyes
09-07-2005, 11:33 AM
It's you on the hoverthing right??? ::just kidding:: Very nice idea Lemog... Can't wait to see this since it really feels like it has your style all over it...

Lemog
09-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Ah, another classic Lemog :D Even the policeman looks just right.
I guess the angles could be altered - better perhaps if the surfboard thingy was seen angled upwards more (we would not see any part of its upside) - but that would be minor alterations that could just as well be made in 3D later.
I've just keep an interesting thing in your sentence, you wrote "another classic Lemog"... I don't know if it's exactly a good thing... another can be one of too much... maybe too classicle then... but if I keep this project anyway, I will try in 3d to give more action and theatrality with the guy on his spaceboard and with the camera. Thanks for good comments James. :beer:

Excellent !
Ca fait tres Jules Verne , j'adhere totalement au concept.

It looks like a Jules Verne story,I really enjoy that concept.
Just can't wait to see that in 3d with the "lemog style"
Jules Verne ? another time, as in the Grand Space Opera ? well... it's not easy to change the Lemog's touch finally... even in this challenge... I just be able to work in this same way... yeak... I must do a real project for the second one, if no... anybody will choose the number 2. Merci beaucoup pour l'oeil objectif. :thumbsup:

very cool man, I think the concept and style is right up your alley
Even if I'm not sure for the moment... I can be happy with your comments... This one can work in this challenge. Thanks Martin :wavey:

pseudonympending
09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Yep, I can see this one working well with your style.

It would be great to see the young guy with that kind of Wo-wooooooooaaahhhh! expression on his face. In other words, "Damn, this things quicker than i thought, I'm barely in control but hardly likely to slow down!".

Look forward to seeing this one finished, good luck.

Clanger
09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I love this idea, only wish I'd thought of it :banghead:

sonicstrawbery
09-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Hi Lemog ! Happy to see you there again, i'm sure i'll enjoy those 3 months of creation !

I recognize well your style in this sketch and i find it great ! About your 2 ideas i'm also for the Young Hooligan and his crazy machine, that will be really nice if you can bring this in 3d :)

I wish you good luck for the challenge man and i'm waiting for your spectacular polys :thumbsup:

ihamid
09-07-2005, 11:58 AM
hi lemog ... never misses a challenge :)... nice concept man !

gpepper
09-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Mmmmhhh, lemogish style for sure, GSo inspiration with some kind of Julio Vernies (huhhuhu!)
It should be really cool ! I'm curious to see the face of your character ! :bounce: :bounce:

vampeta
09-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Boah :eek: ...

Cool Idea Friend.

I´m sure ... this one is going to be an awesome piece of art!

Keep it on... I´m watching you :scream: hahaha

Alex

DimitrisLiatsos
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Yup...i like the last one very much too:bounce: .

:wavey:

Russell-Nash
09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Wow, this is going to be a Lemog Classic. :bounce:

Great idea. I love your style. :thumbsup:

Russel

tlggungor
09-07-2005, 12:38 PM
you should do ındoor train station and destruct the roof.all passengers are under the roof and your holigan is join the station...and train is coming..beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee not enough english sorry ı cant tell all :cry: :banghead:

collings
09-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Cool really great concept lemog:)
totally in line with your style :thumbsup:

joshcxa
09-07-2005, 12:51 PM
very cool idea. either way, you'd make the image great :)

(o)ne
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Best wishes, mate!

inkonyto
09-07-2005, 01:09 PM
AHAHAHA, what a spectacular entry :scream:

Lemog, let me wish you : Merry christmas !!... Heu, no no no.... good luck !! yes, that's it

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Looks faboulous, as many have said already. I will however wait with comments until I see number 2... go, go, go:bounce:

Lemog
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
It's you on the hoverthing right??? ::just kidding:: Very nice idea Lemog... Can't wait to see this since it really feels like it has your style all over it...
No... sure... it's not me on the board... but maybe a mind projection... so happy to see you here again, thanks for support :thumbsup:

Yep, I can see this one working well with your style.
It would be great to see the young guy with that kind of Wo-wooooooooaaahhhh! expression on his face. In other words, "Damn, this things quicker than i thought, I'm barely in control but hardly likely to slow down!".
Look forward to seeing this one finished, good luck.
Thanks for wishes... and for sure, this guy certainly have a funny expression... funny, perhaps not, expressive then :D
PS... tu es comme moi... des gros doigts très lourds huhuhuhu

I love this idea, only wish I'd thought of it
It's certainly not a real original idea... after, depend of the interpretation and about graphic style... that can change all... seeya :wavey:

Hi Lemog ! Happy to see you there again, i'm sure i'll enjoy those 3 months of creation !
I recognize well your style in this sketch and i find it great ! About your 2 ideas i'm also for the Young Hooligan and his crazy machine, that will be really nice if you can bring this in 3d :)
I wish you good luck for the challenge man and i'm waiting for your spectacular polys :thumbsup:
As many girls and guys (euh... about girls... it's not sure, maybe more about the #2 :scream: hahaha ask to Gunilla...), you prefer the first one... as we can say, "if you like Lemog's style, you like the first concept"... hahaha... well... with the time, I think that the second will certainly better for me, to progress a little, or to do another thing... but I can sure of one thing, that I choose the first or the second... the picture could be seem to a lemog's picture... :shrug: with its style, defaults, textures and polygons...
Thanks to be here mon ami :beer:

monsitj
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
cool idea! I love this and with your skill ,I'm sure it will come out very awesome like your GSO entry:thumbsup:

Lemog
09-07-2005, 02:02 PM
hi lemog ... never misses a challenge ... nice concept man !
Yes... you're right... I posed my bags here. You have joined too... I must see that... seeya buddy :wavey:

Mmmmhhh, lemogish style for sure, GSo inspiration with some kind of Julio Vernies (huhhuhu!)
It should be really cool ! I'm curious to see the face of your character !
Stop that Gilles... my name is not Julio Vernies... and for the face of the guy... I thought to your avatar by drawing it, resembling ? :drool:

Boah :eek: ...
Cool Idea Friend. I´m sure ... this one is going to be an awesome piece of art!

Thanks Alex... and don't miss the most important -> :beer:

Yup...i like the last one very much tooArgh... even my friend bublepotatoepope prefer this one... what can I do ? a suicide, to make seam, or a new drawing, we will see that this evening.

Wow, this is going to be a Lemog Classic. Great idea.
Thanks Russel... finally, while thinking, I have a lot of chance... Classic Lemog is very better than Old Lemog... :scream: hahaha

you should do ındoor train station and destruct the roof.all passengers are under the roof and your holigan is join the station...and train is coming..beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee not enough english sorry ı cant tell all :cry: :banghead:
I don't like too much to kill people, even into virtual, then my hooligan will remain a little sympatic if you are okay... :p (maybe this guy is me finally... :twisted: )

gpepper
09-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Stop that Gilles... my name is not Julio Vernies... and for the face of the guy... I thought to your avatar by drawing it, resembling ? :drool:

It is an honour, my friend... :argh:

sonicstrawbery
09-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Of course it's up to you, you must go with the idea you feel the more comfortable with and the one in you believe most...

Anyway, the challenge has started only 2 days ago take your time man and follow your heart (isn't that beautiful :love: ) :)

Gunilla
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
(euh... about girls... it's not sure, maybe more about the #2 :scream: hahaha ask to Gunilla...)

I might be the only one for number two - but remember my forces are strong :twisted:

well... with the time, I think that the second will certainly better for me, to progress a little, or to do another thing...

See? I didn't even have to say that :)

Hahaha, stay calm now - I will leave you in peace for making your decision - after all the most important is that you get happy with it - not us, right?

Lemog
09-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Cool really great concept lemog
totally in line with your style
Hey thanks... I'm so happy to see you here Milo... :scream:

very cool idea. either way, you'd make the image great
Thanks a lot Josh to subscribe here :thumbsup:

Best wishes, mate!
My friend Stepan is we us... good thing, I don't see your thread here ? do you joined ?... well seeya mate.

AHAHAHA, what a spectacular entry :scream:
Lemog, let me wish you : Merry christmas !!... Heu, no no no.... good luck !! yes, that's it
Hey l'Tophe... how are you ? Christmas... ? I don't know exactly... but certainly the results period. :scream: Thanks for you wishes, I hope to see you in your Challenge too... ;)

Looks faboulous, as many have said already. I will however wait with comments until I see number 2... go, go, go
mmmh... next night... I will work on the concept number 2 !!! I hope to do something better... stronger and more expressive... to make changing the comments...
see you soon honey for the result :wip:

khaleghi
09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi,

your concept gonna be good and spectacullar,hope you be lucky.

ArtisticVisions
09-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I like the "Plunged in the culture" concept better; it's more evocative and imaginative, I think. The "young hooligan" concept reminds me too much of that recent anime movie, Steamboy (which was in turn a rip-off of Jules Vern's works :rolleyes: ).

Lemog
09-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Of course it's up to you, you must go with the idea you feel the more comfortable with and the one in you believe most...

Anyway, the challenge has started only 2 days ago take your time man and follow your heart (isn't that beautiful :love: ) :)
Good point with your last sentence... In first you said "more comfortable", that certainly the first one... it's as yu know all my universe... but if I want to follow my heart, it's certainly the second one... we will see... in any case, I don't think to start to modelize before next week, then, remain me some days to take the good decision, thanks to your all :thumbsup:

stay calm now - I will leave you in peace for making your decision - after all the most important is that you get happy with it - not us, right?
Finally, calme and peace are not very good for me... in fact, a little bit of pressure is generally good for me. As you can see, this beginning of challenge seem a bit hard for me... diffculties to find time, to find a good idea, and to realize sketches... it's always like that... I must find my cruise speed... and then, that comes easilly (I hope...)
I promise you all the second concept sketch for tomorrow morning... yeah :bounce:

Hi,
your concept gonna be good and spectacullar,hope you be lucky.
Lucky ? for sure... not eventually to win, but a lucky guy thanks you all, who follow my work... it's a real pleasure :applause:

Tremoside
09-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Laurent, that latest update fits well i think. Dynamic main fig and you can reflect many of reactions by the street's surrounding buildings. "civilians" could act on lotsa different ways against this surprising action of the hooligan. Keep it flyin'. I will be here you know. :wavey:

Rotab3D
09-07-2005, 04:32 PM
nice concept lemog ... waiting the 3D modeling :)

Rebeccak
09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Charming sketch Lemog!! The policeman has a lot of funny potential... :)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Lemog
09-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I like the "Plunged in the culture" concept better; it's more evocative and imaginative, I think. The "young hooligan" concept reminds me too much of that recent anime movie, Steamboy (which was in turn a rip-off of Jules Vern's works :rolleyes: ).
Evocative and Imaginative, you touch a good point for me... very important...thanks a lot to push me to exploring too this way...

Laurent, that latest update fits well i think. Dynamic main fig and you can reflect many of reactions by the street's surrounding buildings. "civilians" could act on lotsa different ways against this surprising action of the hooligan. Keep it flyin'. I will be here you know. To continue in this way, I think that will be better if we have more contrast between this bad guy, and the other pieces, as buildings, people and so... thanks for your comment Mark :thumbsup: I also hope you like tomorrow the second concept sketch... seeya my friend...

reiv
09-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Nice idea there, but it seems that the poor horse on the right is decapitated by the flyin machine... I can't wait to see that :)
Keep it up!

Micro26
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Excellent concept love that idea.Good luck man
:thumbsup:

Poonks
09-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Woooow great sketch!! :thumbsup:

i didn't imagine the scene like this when u told about your idea...
I like it but the other subject stay my favorite... :)

keep the good work!

I can't wait to see the 3d version

Lemog
09-07-2005, 11:21 PM
nice concept lemog ... waiting the 3D modeling
Thanks Mohamed :wavey:

Charming sketch Lemog!! The policeman has a lot of funny potential...

Yes thanks... I'm inspired by french policeman clothes of the beginning of 1900'... very funny... you're totally right.

Nice idea there, but it seems that the poor horse on the right is decapitated by the flyin machine... I can't wait to see that
Keep it up!
Ahahahaha don't be afraid mate, I love horses... :D

Excellent concept love that idea.Good luck man

Thanks for the support Fotis :thumbsup:

Woooow great sketch!! i didn't imagine the scene like this when u told about your idea...
I like it but the other subject stay my favorite...
keep the good work!
I can't wait to see the 3d version
:bounce: I've just finish the second concept sketch... but I prefer to wait today morning to post it... with the clear eyes of the early morning, now, its time to go to the bed... :cool:

And another time, thanks to you all my friends, your interest and your support is really apprecied and important...that push me a lot... good night or good day :wavey:

pushav
09-07-2005, 11:42 PM
I can see that the powers of lemog is heating up. This is.........
SPECTACULAR!:scream:

Climax
09-08-2005, 02:48 AM
• Cool! it reminds me of the animated movie "Steamboy", good start Lem, I know it will be an spectacular image! :buttrock:

madshooter
09-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Nice concept, I like the camera angle it is adding a lot of depth to the scene. You have lot of things to model in your scene. This scene will be rocking.
Can't wait to see your first modeling wip.
ROCKING:thumbsup:

Lemog
09-08-2005, 05:47 AM
I can see that the powers of lemog is heating up. This is.........
SPECTACULAR!
Hahaha... "powers"... a little strong, no ? :scream:

• Cool! it reminds me of the animated movie "Steamboy", good start Lem, I know it will be an spectacular image!
:cry: you're not the only one to same me that... mmmh, I must watch this film damn :banghead:

Nice concept, I like the camera angle it is adding a lot of depth to the scene. You have lot of things to model in your scene. This scene will be rocking.
Can't wait to see your first modeling wip.
ROCKING
Well, sorry to said that... but It's not sure I start to model this scene... I will post soon the second project... I hope this one agree you too... :)

Lemog
09-08-2005, 06:00 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126159231_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126159231_large.jpg)

Second concept: "Plunged in the culture".
The history occurs in what we supposes being a keep used like a library. Thousands of books are laid out around, on many stages. We sees many balconies and many staircases. A young man (or a girl) is here, avid there of knowledge and culture. His arms are charged with a lot of books. An important book and very coveted, seems to be extracted violently from the opposed library, above the hole. The young man springs to catch this important book, in a spectacular jump "to the culture and knowledge", but which will involve it in the hole, and to his death.

For sure, it's only to illustrate the idea. It must be necessary to have a better camera framing, and more action for the guy...

Nichod
09-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Talk about the pitfalls of literature. Great concept. Goodluck!

YasushAzush
09-08-2005, 06:16 AM
hi thereeee lemog ....nice to see you here....great concept so far.....you r a stylish artist i ever seen in this web site....good luck :thumbsup: :scream:

Gunilla
09-08-2005, 06:17 AM
I love this concept ( you already know that...)
I like the sense that the ending in the sketch is left open - without telling we don't really know if he succeds in capturing it or if he falls and dies... perhaps the jump for knowledge can really make us fly?
It's very poetic and if you can bring across the motion of that spectacular jump you will succeed. So - go for it :bounce:

flaeticia
09-08-2005, 06:36 AM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

i like as well the one as the other one:)
it belongs to you to choose coco :)

:applause:

madshooter
09-08-2005, 06:45 AM
:bounce: :bounce: Hey lemog another brilliant concept, Man from where you get all these cool ideas and concepts.
'Plunged in the culture', This one is more rocking than the Previous one. Are you planning to post any more concepts or going to start with modeling.

As I always say Keep rocking:thumbsup:

el-newty
09-08-2005, 06:46 AM
wow, this is realy SPECTACULAR!!!
great concept.
you could make the book to look like and old spel book...
good luck :thumbsup:

yazguen
09-08-2005, 07:04 AM
in French
Quoi, Lemog, repart pour de nouvelles aventures en 3D.... ;-)
Que du bonheur pour nos yeux...
Bon courage pour ton challenge
A fond derrière toi mon Copainggg

What, Lemog, set out again for new adventures in 3d
That happiness for our eyes...
Good courage for your challenge

JamesMK
09-08-2005, 07:09 AM
The Plunge certainly looks promising as well, though it will be a lot more difficult to present it successfully than the hooligan idea... having said that, the plunge sketch works pretty well, so I'm sure you can do it

09-08-2005, 07:11 AM
... eh eh ca s'annonce bien ... perso j'adore le concept ... tu nous refais une tour de Babel ? D'ailleurs elle a été dit-on détruite par les dieux ... t'aurais quasiment pu nous faire la tour en train d'etre "attaquée" par des Dieux et de pauvres humains tentant de sauver leur savoir/livres en gardant le même cadre ... enfin je regarde trop la télé moi ;)

eh eh nice idea i like the concept ... will you make us a Babel tower ? It has been destroyed by Gods ... you could have done the tower being attacked by Gods and humans trying to save their books ... but i think i must stop watching tv ;)

pitiwazou
09-08-2005, 07:15 AM
good luck mister lolo !

I prefer the second idea whit the boy in the tower ^^

allez défonse toi, jvais peut etre perticiper aussi ;)

Claireabella
09-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Great ideas my friend. Will keeping watching to see how things progress. :bounce:

Lemog
09-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Talk about the pitfalls of literature. Great concept. Goodluck!

hi thereeee lemog ....nice to see you here....great concept so far.....you r a stylish artist i ever seen in this web site....good luck
Hey my friend... thanks to come here... I'm happy youlike this last concept... I will try to don't disappoint you with the result...

I love this concept ( you already know that...)
I like the sense that the ending in the sketch is left open - without telling we don't really know if he succeds in capturing it or if he falls and dies... perhaps the jump for knowledge can really make us fly?
It's very poetic and if you can bring across the motion of that spectacular jump you will succeed. So - go for it
You're totally right... we must certainly find the "spectacular" in the fact that knowledge permit to be better, greater, stronger, and why not, to fly :)
If I keep this one, I must certainly find a graphic style in adequation... maybe more practical to simulate the spectaculare motion... don't know for the moment... many questions remain...
Thanks to like this second concept :applause:

i like as well the one as the other one
it belongs to you to choose coco

You know that the second resemble me more, no ? no message in the first, only action and a little bit of the Lemog's Universe :shrug: I must choose no, or post a third project.

Hey lemog another brilliant concept, Man from where you get all these cool ideas and concepts.
'Plunged in the culture', This one is more rocking than the Previous one. Are you planning to post any more concepts or going to start with modeling.
As I always say Keep rocking
I don't know exactly if it's very original... but I appreciate that this concept agree you Roshan... For the moment, I don't plane anything... no real choice... and I certainly wait a little before start modeling, why not to think to an another concept... As I don't have so much time actually, I must take nearly a decision and running. Thanks for your interest :thumbsup:

reiv
09-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi there,
In my opinion, the second concept is good, but the first one looks more spectacular.
Just my 2 cents :)
Cheers.

Lemog
09-08-2005, 07:34 AM
wow, this is realy SPECTACULAR!!!
great concept.
you could make the book to look like and old spel book...
good luck
Thanks for your remark Arthur :buttrock:

in French
Quoi, Lemog, repart pour de nouvelles aventures en 3D.... ;-)
Que du bonheur pour nos yeux...
Bon courage pour ton challenge
A fond derrière toi mon Copainggg
What, Lemog, set out again for new adventures in 3d
That happiness for our eyes...
Good courage for your challenge
Hey my friend, I'm very horored you come here... yes, another adventures... with a good end I hope :scream: Thanks to come here Copainggggggg

The Plunge certainly looks promising as well, though it will be a lot more difficult to present it successfully than the hooligan idea... having said that, the plunge sketch works pretty well, so I'm sure you can do it
THE challenge for me is surely here, in this Plunge / Fall / Fly... not easy, but terribly exciting :twisted:

... eh eh ca s'annonce bien ... perso j'adore le concept ... tu nous refais une tour de Babel ? D'ailleurs elle a été dit-on détruite par les dieux ... t'aurais quasiment pu nous faire la tour en train d'etre "attaquée" par des Dieux et de pauvres humains tentant de sauver leur savoir/livres en gardant le même cadre ... enfin je regarde trop la télé moi
eh eh nice idea i like the concept ... will you make us a Babel tower ? It has been destroyed by Gods ... you could have done the tower being attacked by Gods and humans trying to save their books ... but i think i must stop watching tv
Your idea sounds really well... and for the humans... I can re used my Humano-IDs of the previous challenge ? :scream: hahahaha... if you want, you can partipate with this subject, no ? à bientôt l'ami :wavey:

good luck mister lolo !
I prefer the second idea whit the boy in the tower ^^
allez défonse toi, jvais peut etre perticiper aussi
Héhé... c'est notre wazounet mondial... thans to tae a tour here... I will try to do my best, just after more of 3 months without 3d :scream:, that will be hard... hahaha I hope to see you in your thread nearly... This time, we have 1 month more to finish.

Great ideas my friend. Will keeping watching to see how things progress. You're welcome Claire :wavey:

Lemog
09-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Hi there,
In my opinion, the second concept is good, but the first one looks more spectacular.
Just my 2 cents :)
Cheers.
Yes, thanks Olivier... I must choose between the Topic and the edge of it :scream: j'aime les sujets casse-gueules :twisted: hahahaha

jddog
09-08-2005, 08:26 AM
just my personal opinion...
First skect don't convinced me at all... Second one I thing can be a strong and very dinamic topic/image... the idea of the spiral stairs - library can generate an amazing result... I'm more for the 2 ...
jdd

gpepper
09-08-2005, 08:38 AM
I agree with Julien, the second finally should be cool !

AnimZiggy
09-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Now that you depicted both ideas, I'd definatelly go for the second one! Something out of the ordinary 'spectacular' ideas for a change!

aliasali
09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
yeah!! Nice concept...i confess that was a Joke!:D

Lemog
09-08-2005, 09:40 AM
just my personal opinion...
First skect don't convinced me at all... Second one I thing can be a strong and very dinamic topic/image... the idea of the spiral stairs - library can generate an amazing result... I'm more for the 2 ...
jdd
Your opinion, yes... but certainly a good one Julien... I feel that the balance starts to lean good side. :bounce:

I agree with Julien, the second finally should be cool !
Another one for the #2 ... héhé... I would crash me in the wall, but with the smile. :scream: hahaha

Now that you depicted both ideas, I'd definatelly go for the second one! Something out of the ordinary 'spectacular' ideas for a change!
It's also my goal... something out of the ordinary spectacular way... as usual. I will try to work on a specific mood, but I must take care to don't forget the "little part" of "spectacular"... thanks for your comment. :wavey:

yeah!! Nice concept...i confess that was a Joke!:D
Noooooooo :scream: hahahahaha

ihamid
09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
hi lemog the second one has that kind of originality and yes if u get the angle and the motion right it sure will be spectacular :thumbsup:. and still both will look great in there own perspective :)

collings
09-08-2005, 10:08 AM
i like both but IMO the first one is a better choice for this challenge !
Don't matter what you choice it will be a master piece :scream:
let the force be with you and your choice will be the good one :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
09-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Have good luck Laurent!!
I hope a lot fun for you mate!!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

09-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Your idea sounds really well... and for the humans... I can re used my Humano-IDs of the previous challenge ? :scream: hahahaha... if you want, you can partipate with this subject, no ? à bientôt l'ami

... i don't need 3 month to do this but ... 3 years at least ... hope you'll soon post new picts ... have you already start your modelisation ?

Lemog
09-08-2005, 01:10 PM
hi lemog the second one has that kind of originality and yes if u get the angle and the motion right it sure will be spectacular. and still both will look great in there own perspective
Thanks for the comment, I will try to work in this way :thumbsup:

i like both but IMO the first one is a better choice for this challenge !
Don't matter what you choice it will be a master piece
let the force be with you and your choice will be the good one
Well... you prefer "action" no, ? times run and I fall in the #2... :argh:

Have good luck Laurent!!
I hope a lot fun for you mate!!!:thumbsup:
Alex.
Heyyyyy... my friend Alex... too kind to come here... thanks for wishes... I don't see your thread for the moment, do you join with us ? seeya Italian stalion :scream:

... i don't need 3 month to do this but ... 3 years at least ... hope you'll soon post new picts ... have you already start your modelisation ?
Tssss tsss tsss... if you want, you can !
No, for the moment I don't take decision about the 2 projects... then, modeling, it's not for today :shrug:

And if I really choose the concept #2 "Plungeon in the Culture", remain me some questions about :

- graphic style : little realistic lemog or cartoonish or something other... style of textures, Lemog3dTextures or mixed with procedural shaders ?

- girl or guy ?... how years old ? mid or old student ? his exact feeling, the desire, the fear, the despair, the anger, the need... ?

- clothes ? a current student or of the past, with clothes of all the days or a true student uniform ?

- in a dungeon or a circular building ? the walls are coated of what ?

- wich decoration style... XIXth ? baroque ? art nouveau ? decorative art ? based on wood or steel ? but the character must break the balcony in his jump...

Then, also without style, a blend of that.

- staircase material ?

- title of the book... very important, of that depend a large part of concept.

- other books flying ?

- in the libraries, only books, or also other decorative objects in the same style ?
- what kind of lighting ? electric ? fire ? natural ? mystic ? or combination ?

- special effects ? magical effect of the knowledge ?

It's a part of all questions I will try to answer before to really start something. Some of these questions can seem not important, but I prefer knowing where I go :)

Elendil_le_Grand
09-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Tu as raison c parce que tu te poses bcp de question que tes images sont si intéressantes à regarder :)

Versiden
09-08-2005, 01:22 PM
heya

I still like your 1st concept, it has a greater value as it raises a spectacle.

Neeno
09-08-2005, 02:47 PM
good luck lemog and i agree with versiden i like the 1st concept..

Llynna
09-08-2005, 03:15 PM
well, i am for the second one laurent. it mustnt always be action :) thats what i thought first after reading the description of the challenge.

as for you questions:

i think the choice of Textures and surroundings is very much dependent on your decision about the charakter. maybe you could be going with some old burled wood or mahagoni. maybe some kind of steam punk elements would be possible. maybe a dorian grey like charakter who is seeking after eternal youth/ life. the character yould be showing some combination of dispair and need while falling away from the book providing him with the secrets of his goal.

in my opinion you sould go for a realistic graphic style with some kind of mystic lightning. about shaders and the like... well... as you now i am a noob to 3d^^.

just some thoughts from me :) i am sure you will come up with a really good story and emotional mood for the picture :)

looking forward to you update

best wishes

jddog
09-08-2005, 03:31 PM
- graphic style : little realistic lemog or cartoonish or something other... style of textures, Lemog3dTextures or mixed with procedural shaders ?

something dirty !

- girl or guy ?... how years old ? mid or old student ? his exact feeling, the desire, the fear, the despair, the anger, the need... ?

why not a self prtrait... mmm for some hard action a young boy can fit extremely good the scene, but what I told you here is a cliché...

- clothes ? a current student or of the past, with clothes of all the days or a true student uniform ?

extreme sport designer whear... something very made in Tokyo to have a strong contrats between the old library... just a thought...

circular building (can be dungeon circular style...) but the circular concept is very very interesting don't loose it ! (personal opinion)

- wich decoration style... XIXth ? baroque ? art nouveau ? decorative art ? based on wood or steel ? but the character must break the balcony in his jump...

... wood and stone, hu? Rococo no ? :D

... important to find a design, modern or not is not important but define your environment

- staircase material ?

stone/marble, something very dark...

... les suceuses, l'histore des pompiers, etc... think you this topic can fit :D
well some classic fantasy story, names of old church and religous sect, anathomy, insect, biology, plants books... in this style

- other books flying ?

this later... some falling yes... will see later

- in the libraries, only books, or also other decorative objects in the same style ?

ho some glass with dead insect or animals in the formol ?

mystic...

mmm, in this moment I will tell you no...

It's a part of all questions I will try to answer before to really start something. Some of these questions can seem not important, but I prefer knowing where I go :)

... you can start now !

just some personal inputs... ciao :wip:

jdd

alancamara
09-08-2005, 03:33 PM
hi dude, good luck. Nice sketch. :thumbsup:

Gunilla
09-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Some interesting questions there...

The book - perhaps it doesn't need a title - if it's open it could show pictures of equations- tech drawings or the like?

I think it would be really cool if it was a girl... maybe age 10-12. Girls in that age are often very eager learners and it would be very non-typical with a girl. Her face expression ... maybe greed? eagerness? joy?

Circular building, walls so covered with books and stuff that the material is not so important.

Style - I know you make something stunning here so I have no suggestions. I really like Juliens suggestion of the insecst ... maybe also some lab things, strange apparatus and such - much your thing, isn't it?

Already fascinated by this image to be... :)

Poonks
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Wooow the secund concept is so beautiful and so original... but i don't know if it like this it's so easy to understand the topic of the scene.

Personnaly at this moment i think the first one seems to be more understable... the secund concept is really interesting but i don't know if everyone will understand what you want to show.
But i always prefer the secund :)

Ludal
09-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Salut l'ami !
Je passais par hasard en découvrant le challenge, et j'ai vu que t'étais la, comme d'hab, tu squatte :D
En tout cas j'espere que t'es chaud, enfin je m'inquiete pas trop ;)
Bon courage ! je te surveille de pret.

Ludo

Rebeccak
09-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Lemoggie,

Wow! I like the second sketch!!! The only thing is, is it too much like Harry Potter? :scream: Bear in mind that that is kind of an iconic image you will be chasing...but I'm sure you could put a Spectacular twist on it! :)

Have you seen some of the Superinfocom animations from SIGGRAPH? There was a French animation about time (will try to find the name) that reminds me of your style...it was really incredible, very Art Nouveau~ish and incredibly done cityscapes, timepieces (clocks) etc...really up your alley in terms of style.

Looking forward to more cool sketches! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Tremoside
09-09-2005, 02:50 AM
So Laurent, You have lotsa questions...Like a FAQ thread looks above. I still trust in the Hooligan idea. Simple but expressive. I know you want to create something special as always, you like to think.. and work with those special symbols, suggestions and feelings. This case i think it's a bit different. I have no good advice coz am a bit out of this topic, but you should concentrate on the action with more attention i think. So take my put on the Hooligan's side.

Lemog
09-09-2005, 04:54 AM
Tu as raison c parce que tu te poses bcp de question que tes images sont si intéressantes à regarder
:love: Alors là mon grand, cette remarque me va droit au coeur... ça fait vraiment plaisir... un grand merci à toi :beer:

I still like your 1st concept, it has a greater value as it raises a spectacle.
You're right, more spectacular action in the first... but finally, I'm front the same questions than you... the fun and the pleasure with the frog... or to be centered at the middle of the topic with you're flying action scene.
For me, the choice is done now... Another time, I will join this challenge for the fun and the pleasure... I know now I don't have the level to win... well, I will try to do a pleasant realization with you all. :buttrock:

good luck lemog and i agree with versiden i like the 1st concept..
Votes are closed... :scream: hahahahaha
There's more positives advices for the first one, well, my real challenge now is to give to this concept an another dimension, more spectacular, thanks to stop here Neeno :)

well, i am for the second one laurent. it mustnt always be action :) thats what i thought first after reading the description of the challenge.

Good point for me now... strangely... if I make the average of votes, girls in general prefer the second concept and boys the first. Of course, there're some exceptions, fortunately, we are not all similar.

as for you questions:
i think the choice of Textures and surroundings is very much dependent on your decision about the charakter. maybe you could be going with some old burled wood or mahagoni. maybe some kind of steam punk elements would be possible. maybe a dorian grey like charakter who is seeking after eternal youth/ life. the character yould be showing some combination of dispair and need while falling away from the book providing him with the secrets of his goal.

I think that you have to interpret the atmosphere well. I couldn't work more on the project yesterday, but nobody can prevent me from thinking, and I arrive at the same kind of observation in connection with the environment and mood, which, even if it rather rich and is charged, must be worked with gray tone.

in my opinion you sould go for a realistic graphic style with some kind of mystic lightning. about shaders and the like... well... as you now i am a noob to 3d^^.

just some thoughts from me i am sure you will come up with a really good story and emotional mood for the picture
best wishes
Thanks Britta for all these beautiful thoughts, which consolidate me now in my choice. Realistic of course, with a share of mystic, of magic, isn't magic to acquire new knowledge ? :love:

beelow
09-09-2005, 04:59 AM
good stuff man, I would like to see what you can do with that image, good luck to ya lemog!:thumbsup:

Lemog
09-09-2005, 05:14 AM

something dirty !

why not a self prtrait... mmm for some hard action a young boy can fit extremely good the scene, but what I told you here is a cliché...

extreme sport designer whear... something very made in Tokyo to have a strong contrats between the old library... just a thought...

circular building (can be dungeon circular style...) but the circular concept is very very interesting don't loose it ! (personal opinion)

... wood and stone, hu? Rococo no ? :D

... important to find a design, modern or not is not important but define your environment

- staircase material ?

stone/marble, something very dark...

... les suceuses, l'histore des pompiers, etc... think you this topic can fit :D
well some classic fantasy story, names of old church and religous sect, anathomy, insect, biology, plants books... in this style

- other books flying ?

this later... some falling yes... will see later

ho some glass with dead insect or animals in the formol ?

mystic...

mmm, in this moment I will tell you no...

... you can start now !

just some personal inputs... ciao :wip:
jdd

Well my friend Julien, which honor to have so much answers and good opinions, I'm really touched that you take all this time to detail my questions and thoughs, thank you.

If I resume... a dirty mood, so grey, as I said before... good... same vision.

Sefl portrait... mmmmh, not very easy... maybe too old ?

For the character, good vision... I'm ask me the same thing... to increase contrast... a today guy will be perfect... but I really dont know if it will manage to transmit the message of knowledge and culture. Still to think and precise then, but for the moment it's not the most important, because I will start to work on the environment, the ideas will come certainly then.

I can reassure you, I will not lose the concept of the circular tower, quite to the contrary. The choice of the dongeon is final. I will conceive it like true a dongean medieval, based in the XIX century, with niches. Of low diameter to preserve a little confined and heavy atmosphere. Because of this small diameter, the stone staircase would be likely to weigh down the scene unnecessarily, and it's necessary that the balustrade can be broken at the time of the jump.

About the decoration, the XIX century seems to me completely suitable. It's one time when we blend much the styles, the tendencies and the origins, that will allow much delirious and freedom.

The staircase will be certainly metallic, with balustrades mixing the cast iron and wood. The pieces of furniture will be mainly in wood, certainly profiled and carved, with parts of metal additions. The enlighting will undoubtedly be ensured by lamps baroques, electric, with decorated spheres. But for sure a very low light, to keep the mystic side...

Once again, thank you very much Julien... after this night, all is very clear, I wouldn't seek a third concept, I will put myself at work. The wip can start now.

Lemog
09-09-2005, 05:31 AM
hi dude, good luck. Nice sketch. Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Some interesting questions there...

The book - perhaps it doesn't need a title - if it's open it could show pictures of equations- tech drawings or the like?

I think it would be really cool if it was a girl... maybe age 10-12. Girls in that age are often very eager learners and it would be very non-typical with a girl. Her face expression ... maybe greed? eagerness? joy?

Circular building, walls so covered with books and stuff that the material is not so important.

Style - I know you make something stunning here so I have no suggestions. I really like Juliens suggestion of the insecst ... maybe also some lab things, strange apparatus and such - much your thing, isn't it?

Already fascinated by this image to be...
I think that you're completely right, no title for the book, it will be necessary to put at it only the symbols of knowledge.

A girl of 10 or 12 years ? I acknowledge to don't have thought of such a young person, but why not, contrast with the environment will be certainly there and better.

Here still of others really very good suggestions, thank you so much Gunilla. All pieces are specified really well in my spirit. The principal remain to be realized now... :thumbsup: :love:

Wooow the secund concept is so beautiful and so original... but i don't know if it like this it's so easy to understand the topic of the scene.
Personnaly at this moment i think the first one seems to be more understable... the secund concept is really interesting but i don't know if everyone will understand what you want to show.
But i always prefer the secund :)
Of course that the second concept is less easy to understand, but it's perhaps that which makes its interest. You know that I like to make an image on which we stops to discover, scan and seek to understand. I prefer that rather than an image that we finds just beautiful, that we appreciates a few seconds, and it's all.
It's perhaps an error during a contest, but in 3 months, is better to do something that we likes, and Lemog remains Lemog... with his defects. :scream:

Salut l'ami !
Je passais par hasard en découvrant le challenge, et j'ai vu que t'étais la, comme d'hab, tu squatte :D
En tout cas j'espere que t'es chaud, enfin je m'inquiete pas trop ;)
Bon courage ! je te surveille de pret.

Ludo
hello buddy, thanks for coming here to make me a small hello, you participates not yet?
Hot? I am hot? not really still, but I feel that that will come... Lemog, it's a little the diesel of the 3d... that done many kilometers with full, but it takes a long time to heat. :scream:

Lemog
09-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Lemoggie,
Wow! I like the second sketch!!! The only thing is, is it too much like Harry Potter? Bear in mind that that is kind of an iconic image you will be chasing...but I'm sure you could put a Spectacular twist on it!
Have you seen some of the Superinfocom animations from SIGGRAPH? There was a French animation about time (will try to find the name) that reminds me of your style...it was really incredible, very Art Nouveau~ish and incredibly done cityscapes, timepieces (clocks) etc...really up your alley in terms of style.
Looking forward to more cool sketches!
Cheers,
~Rebeccak
Too much "happy Potter"? Damned, JK Rowling which took my concept and my universe to me :scream:. hahahaha

Seriously, my goal is not really to do a remake of Harry Potter, but it's true that some parallels would be possible. Especially with proposes search for knowledge and this school. But the subject remains resolutely different.

I should certainly take the advice of Gunilla, by taking a girl of 10 or 12 years, with the modern clothes proposed by Jjdog.

No, unfortunately, I didn't see this film of Supinfocom, with your description, it appears really very interesting, I need to find the link now.

Thanks for these good informations and comments Becca :love:

So Laurent, You have lotsa questions...Like a FAQ thread looks above. I still trust in the Hooligan idea. Simple but expressive. I know you want to create something special as always, you like to think.. and work with those special symbols, suggestions and feelings. This case i think it's a bit different. I have no good advice coz am a bit out of this topic, but you should concentrate on the action with more attention i think. So take my put on the Hooligan's side.
I think that you start to know me now, and that I don't like the solution of facility, therefore my choice is made for the second concept.
Hardest for me will be to don't lose the final goal, which is nevertheless to have a spectacular event in this image. Thanks for your always good advices :thumbsup:

good stuff man, I would like to see what you can do with that image, good luck to ya lemog!
Thanks beelow for wishes... me too, I'm very curious to see my result :scream: hahaha

[wr]JeFf
09-09-2005, 06:40 AM
I'm perhaps a bit late but... GOOD LUCK lemog :D

I like the concept very much... I'm waiting for the next images :p

jddog
09-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Sefl portrait... mmmmh, not very easy... maybe too old ?
:D unbelievable...

well for the carachter you have some time more to think about it, take this time and let start the poly dance now for the environment...
jdd

Lemog
09-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Jeff -> it's not to late to give me forces :scream: then, I'm always very happy to see my belgium friend here :thumbsup:

Jjdog -> you're totally right Julien... I stop thinking, speaking and writing, and I try to start the environment soon :bounce:

(o)ne
09-09-2005, 08:20 AM
I stop thinking, speaking and writing, and I try to start the environment soon :bounce:

I hope to see it when I'll visit your topic next time :deal:

Nomad
09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
My two eurocents ;)

I think the first concept is in your style with all the odd machinery you presented in your past works.. just this scene... not enough big for me... too close... maybe a larger view, some verry nice buildings etc.

The second idea.. well... it`s interesting but same as above too small... not enough spectacular.. maybe with a bigger library...

Anyway there is more freedom in the first concept, you can`t create many things in a library... just books everywhere... maybe some spiders and dust too ;)

Lemog
09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
I hope to see it when I'll visit your topic next time :deal:
:argh: don't come back so early then :beer: hahahaha

Lemog
09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
The second idea.. well... it`s interesting but same as above too small... not enough spectacular.. maybe with a bigger library...

Well... my real goal is to put the "spectacular" not in the action or in the environment, but certainly more in the idea of real "spectacular plunge in the culture"... I know... that will be not very easy to display... I've will just try to do it.

For sure, camera viewing and format is not final... that's certainly change during the realization.

Anyway mate, thanks to stop here and for your interesting comments :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
09-09-2005, 08:44 AM
BREAKING BUBBLE NEWS

After serious thought and observation regarding the potential and dynamic of the images given, Senator Bubble Nut decided to propose to Crazy Frenchy Beer Nut to take the first concept .

This decision is based to the much more potential the image has to be Spectacular and also the amazing factor of crushing by the million polygon needed his pc and thus giving the rest of us a chance to make something nice.

So...i think take concept one....it will give u more freedom to make something VERY COOL.

Your friendly bubble.

:bounce:

Lemog
09-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Arghhhhhhhhhhhh my poor Dimi...

The Crazy Frenchy Beer Nut is a little sad to announce of the Lord of Bubble (and at all the rest of the 3dworld) that the choice is made, and that's the second concept which was retained.

I know... it's a very sad news for the HULI-GAIN community... and also for the Toomuchpolygons Fan Club will be more sad to discover that I have always my old PIII-800 for this challenge... :banghead: hahahaha (but only for, I would increase the iteration of all the scene when it's finished).

ihamid
09-09-2005, 09:09 AM
does this mean ur going to do the huli-gain?:rolleyes: hmmmm:) or culture?

Lemog
09-09-2005, 09:14 AM
does this mean ur going to do the huli-gain?:rolleyes: hmmmm:) or culture?
CULTURE or SPECTACULTURE ? :scream: hahaha I'm curious yet...

AIR
09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
I like the hooligan concept better L man.

Lemog
09-09-2005, 09:23 AM
I like the hooligan concept better L man.Do you try to make me change of choice ? :scream: well now... I go with Culture... I hope you will like anyway :shrug:
Thanks for your interest Damir :thumbsup:

ihamid
09-09-2005, 09:30 AM
ever the mysterious hehe :)! man start modeling :D ...secretly i think its the huli.. imean spectaculture.

Gunilla
09-09-2005, 09:42 AM
I know... it's a very sad news for the HULI-GAIN community.

Sad news for "the Huligan community" - great news for "the Knights of Knowledge" :scream:
I stop thinking, speaking and writing, and I try to start the environment soon :bounce:

Good thinking! :applause::applause::applause:

calisto-lynn
09-09-2005, 09:44 AM
great idea lemog! i like it alot!!!:) and the sketch is reslly nice i love the style!

sonicstrawbery
09-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Ok, after seeing this sketch about the 2nd topic i must admit i'm in doubt with the 1st one...

Both could bring a great image, the only thing i reproach to the 2nd one is that there is only one character... so it could lost the dynamic of many characters like in the 1st one... but then it depends on what magic spell you're going to apply to the image, maybe one character will bring a lot of emotions... i'm waiting for more :)

Lemog
09-09-2005, 10:30 AM
yunisirees -> :scream:

Gunilla -> "Knowledge Knights" maybe a good book title or image title ? mmmmh :bounce: (thanks to push me in this way... I'm really happy by this choice :thumbsup: )

calisto -> Thanks Linda... real pleasure that this concept agree you :bowdown:

Cipher -> very good reflexion about more characters. I was thinking of it, and why not a second character. Who will be there either to help it, or to prevent it from reaching this so much culture. To keep in head, according to the time of realization. Thank you very much l'ami... very very good idea ! :applause: :beer: :beer: 2 ptites bières, c'est bien mérité :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
09-09-2005, 10:33 AM
I am cool with your decision...'cause again i know that it will look great...start poly-cruch now Nut! :bounce:

kmest
09-09-2005, 10:40 AM
laurent,the scetch looks pretty good....i like that alot....seems promissing:thumbsup:

Zapan
09-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Good choice Laurent :bounce:

I also like the first one , but this one have more a spectacular message going trough. Even if that is less obvious I guess the move and the why ARE spectacular and will work on !
Can't wait to see that Go Go Go Laurent. :bounce:

"Show Time" :scream:

bealobo
09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi laurent!
I´ll keep an eye on the thread (of course).
I don´t know if I will join this time. we´ll see...
Anyway!
Good luck!
:)

Lemog
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Dimi -> yes mate, now... I need polys :scream:

Reza -> :bounce:

Stéphane -> yeah... now is time to go to serious things :buttrock:

Beatriz -> Thanks to subscribe here girl, it's very kind to follow my work here, I hope this project agree you... see you soon Bea... (that will be great if you can join the challenge with us... remember, this time, we have one month more than the previous one, and if you think to misse time, it's not a good reason... I don't have time to participate too... but the pleasure to be here is a great motivation... go then)

Lemog
09-09-2005, 04:02 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126281753_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126281753_large.jpg)

Some medieval references, for the realization of the dungeon.

Stone inspiration then...

claudiojordao
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Hello Lemog, nice to see you again, and what a great and beautiful idea my friend. Good luck.

JamesMK
09-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Neat stone inspiration... waiting here for the polygons...

YasushAzush
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM
you'r rock meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen:bounce:

Lemog
09-09-2005, 07:51 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126295504_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126295504_large.jpg)

Some XIXth century references for furniture and decoration... wood and steel inspiration ;-)

Lemog
09-09-2005, 07:56 PM
claudio_jordao -> well mate, it's a real honor for me... thanks for your interest :thumbsup:

James -> Enjoy... I've just start modeling... unfortunetely, I don't have much time this week-end... I think to do more work last week... soon update with polygons :)

visualact.com -> mmmmmh, for a moment... slowly :scream: thanks...

Gunilla
09-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Excellent references ... also, I was thinking of the sculptures from Notre Dame ... the demons, you know them?
Glad I could push you a bit, but I don't think you needed it, you would have made what you wanted anyway. Bonne chance et Bon soir :wavey:

kmest
09-09-2005, 08:22 PM
ooww .......they're beautiful...always liked those designs....but hey,,there will be many polyes to moedl....could be nice....:thumbsup:

BTW the last time i modeled one of those furniures,which was a chair,,my max just crashed and the scene was damaged....ofcoarse it was 5 years ago,with a realy slow PC:scream:

SuperXCM
09-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi Lemog!:)

Waouwww... how many post? amazing... i'm late.... ("j'ai manqué quelque choses? :sad: ")...i've read quickly the thread... and just to give my opinion, at the beginning i've prefered the first concept... because, i didn't really imagine how to explain in one picture the second concept.
But when you post your sketch... the second concept give me more impression, a good feeling, magical. I think you take the good way.
(je n'imaginais pas du tout l'image comme ça, tu as su faire passer le message, beau boulot!!)

I'm waiting, like a lot of peoples, to see more update.
i'm sure, we will be surprised to see again your beautiful work!

Good luck for this challenge my friend!! :beer:

Lemog
09-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Excellent references ... also, I was thinking of the sculptures from Notre Dame ... the demons, you know them?
For sure... I'm a real fanatic of that sort of things... If you know exactly all my projects of reconstruction in 3d of these cathedrals, casttles, monuments, and so... you will be afraid... a work for a entire life... I hope to have time to do in the future some of these giant project...

BTW the last time i modeled one of those furniures,which was a chair,,my max just crashed and the scene was damaged....
So sorry for your project :shrug:
ofcoarse it was 5 years ago,with a realy slow PC:scream:
I understand well... my actual TDZ2000 have exactlky the same age :scream: hahahaha so, I understand you all days :twisted:

Lemog
09-09-2005, 08:51 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126299061_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126299061_large.jpg)

Modeling started !

Just the proof ;-)

I started the environment, more precisely the dungeon... first colomn, because I must start by something... :-P

JamesMK
09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
And we have take-off! A column, no less, and a good looking one.

3.498.300 polygons on the wall... [sing along here]

YasushAzush
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM

Llynna
09-09-2005, 11:25 PM
wahhh, Laurent, your thread explodes......... two days mostly in bed and lots and lots and lots of posts^^.

i think you picked the right kind of reference for the furniture (well, i love steam punk after all *gg+). but i am not quite sure if you should get lots of ornaments, but keep the atmosphere quite "clean". ähm........ thinking of a proper way to descripe it........ ah well, i think i will make a sketch and send you if you dont mind^^.

you are right about the magic, science and knowledge can really feel magical. :love:

go for it Laurent

glim
09-10-2005, 02:07 AM
salut Laurent
j'aime beaucoup le concept, meme si ca risque d'etre difficil à rendre spéctaculaire, m'enfin ... je te fais confiance ;)

bonne chance et bon courage ;)

comment tu fais pour trouver le temps ...

gardogg
09-10-2005, 02:40 AM
And we have take-off! A column, no less, and a good looking one.

3.498.300 polygons on the wall... [sing along here]

Lol JamesMK

Rebeccak
09-10-2005, 03:24 AM
Lemoggie,

Finally found that link I told you about ~ the French Animation at the Electronic Theater at SIGGRAPH:

http://www.foret-bleue.com/Site/Html/La_derniere_minute/ldm_pic_viewer.htm

LA DERNIERE MINUTE
Director: Nicolas Salis

It's BEAUTIFUL and totally in your style! :)

~Rebeccak

monsitj
09-10-2005, 05:00 AM
glad to see milion poly modeling marathon has begun! goodluck man!

Lemog
09-10-2005, 07:50 AM
James -> reserve me a little place in the baggage hold of your plane, for some columns and some walls, and I'm sure that it will not be able to take off any more. :scream:

visualact.com -> :bounce:

Llynna -> I hope now that your disease is nothing any more but one bad memory. :wavey:

Tor the atmosphere, I will try to mix 2 things, of many details, charged enough, almost baroque, but very poor on the level of the colors, and to limit their number, while remaining in a gray tonality.

I hope that the result will be interesting for the mood and that you will be interesting will like that.

Glim -> Oui... le plus gros du travail sera de rendre ce côté spectaculaire, mais cela va certainement être intéressant à travailler comme effet. Merci pour tes encouragement Christophe. :thumbsup:

The most important of th is work will be to depict the spectacular side of the scene, but it will be certainly very interesting to work as effect.

Gardogg -> :beer:

monsitj -> million poly... I hope nevertheless to pay attention to the number of polys, I wouldn't like only my machine heats of too. :cool:

Lemog
09-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Lemoggie,

Finally found that link I told you about ~ the French Animation at the Electronic Theater at SIGGRAPH:

http://www.foret-bleue.com/Site/Html/La_derniere_minute/ldm_pic_viewer.htm

LA DERNIERE MINUTE
Director: Nicolas Salis

It's BEAUTIFUL and totally in your style! :)

~Rebeccak

Thank you Rebecca for the link.

Of course, I know this film, because I was likely to be able to realize the texturing of certain elements in this film, as buildings and machines.

This film was started several years ago and with changed name.

It's true that this universe is rather close to the mine.

Moreover, it's enough to look at the images, this architecture, is inspired by the buildings built for the Exposition Universelle of 1900 in Paris.

I'm a real fan of these realizations and I collect the old books and old documents relative to this exposure.

You can look at the building which I put in the image "the last travel", it also comes from this exposition.

I'm a little sad not to be contacted by the production of this film and Nicolas Salis the director and finally to be able to see this finished film. :shrug:

Lemog
09-10-2005, 08:03 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126339377_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126339377_large.jpg)

First part of the wall...

...behind the Gothic arch, the niche of the library.

JamesMK
09-10-2005, 08:09 AM
[size=2]James -> reserve me a little place in the baggage hold of your plane, for some columns and some walls, and I'm sure that it will not be able to take off any more. :scream:
Maybe that's the reason it crashes :argh:

Neat looking arch too - no recent architecture has so far been able to beat the gothic designs.

Squibbit
09-10-2005, 09:50 AM
ahh good old Lemog WIPs starting again :thumbsup:

eddieellis
09-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Always look forward to seeing your work dude... although i would say the joins at the tops of the big pillars could do with alittle attention.. as at the moment they just look like two seperate models... But im sure you have it all in hand.

jddog
09-10-2005, 11:00 AM
that's on the right way ! :D here ve are ! Lemog start to make dance the polygons... a donf !
jdd

Gunilla
09-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Great - it looks like the Lemogomotive has heated up and started to run now!
Let me also be the first to congratulate you for this challenges style of presenting the models - very nice renders, looks a lot like your reference pics :thumbsup:

NOOB!
09-10-2005, 01:59 PM
hey lemog thanks from droppin by my 2d thread a while ago.

ur progess is coming along excellently!!

(or spectaculary)

gpepper
09-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Nice start !
Another great job from Mister Lemog !

Rebeccak
09-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Lemog,

I'm really sorry you weren't involved in the production...looking at it wowed me (I didn't know of you except from your great textures website then, in July) and now I can totally see that your style is completely sympathetic and related to the style of this film. I can't imagine that you won't be involved in future productions as well~suited to your style and talents and as nice as this one...your talents are too great for that!!! Plus, you are the #1 most popular 3D guy here, I think! :bounce:

Cheers Lemoggie! :)

~Rebeccak

collings
09-10-2005, 07:30 PM
well well well! c'est parti :bounce: Insane details in perspective :D

ca démarre très bien comme d'habitude !

kmest
09-10-2005, 07:40 PM
good to see you've start modeling.......nice model:thumbsup:

with Gndalf voice : the great battle of our time has began!:bounce: :bounce:

agou
09-10-2005, 07:42 PM
That's a really good start! I like your work,a nd that's a thread I will watch frequently.
Bon courage!

big mouth
09-10-2005, 09:22 PM
hay dude its a really good start, so good so far..........waiting to see something different
best of luck

nebezial
09-10-2005, 09:28 PM
nnnooo gothic art i vpassed thet test...begonee..whoa...mmm sweet lookin stoney stufff... me likess...still me takes a stick of dynamite and blows it to smithereens, lol awesome work lemog:wip:

Lemog
09-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Neat looking arch too - no recent architecture has so far been able to beat the gothic designs.
I agree completely with you James. I also like much all kinds of contemporary architectures, but the Gothic art is one of those which crossed the centuries best, by preserving much magic, mystic and force. It's really a great source of inspiration for me. Besides I dream of realization a monumental rebuilding in 3d, splendid cathedral of Rheims, but for the moment, it's a dream before being a project, which would require enormously of work for me. Perhaps a day...

ahh good old Lemog WIPs starting againHahahahahah :banghead: I hate you now... hahahaha :scream:

Always look forward to seeing your work dude... although i would say the joins at the tops of the big pillars could do with alittle attention.. as at the moment they just look like two seperate models... But im sure you have it all in hand.
Thank's for this remark Eddie, you're completely right, in fact, this part is not finished yet, I will add details as you will be able to see in next the update. :wip:

that's on the right way ! here ve are ! Lemog start to make dance the polygons... a donf !
Yes Julien, I'm really glad to have been able started. But on the other hand, I had a lot of things to do this week end, and then, I couldn't make much thing, I hope to work more this week.

Great - it looks like the Lemogomotive has heated up and started to run now!
Let me also be the first to congratulate you for this challenges style of presenting the models - very nice renders, looks a lot like your reference pics
Thank you Gunilla, I'm really happy that you like that. I already try to test a little the future mood, which normally should be enough in the gray tone. But I think that the type of made current will be brought to change during the WIP.

hey lemog thanks from droppin by my 2d thread a while ago.ur progess is coming along excellently!!
(or spectaculary)
Thanks Nubian... "spectaculary" ? not for the moment I think... but I hoope that comes nearly...

Nice start ! Another great job from Mister Lemog !Thanks Gilles, mais je pense que pour l'instant, on va pas qualifier ça de "great"...

well well well! c'est parti Insane details in perspective ca démarre très bien comme d'habitude !
Thanks Nico, but I hope this time to don't put so much details as my previous picture, well... perhaps.............

Kmest -> thanks for support :thumbsup:

Rebecca -> thank you Rebecca, but the little which I could carry out in this movie gave me much pleasure, and that remains a very great memory.

That's a really good start! I like your work,a nd that's a thread I will watch frequently.
Bon courage!
Thanks a lot for your support and your interest... Merci Sophie :wavey:

Big Mouth -> Thanks for wishes Pritesh...

Nebezial -> Hahahahaha... take care with dynamite :scream:

Lemog
09-12-2005, 05:54 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126504465_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7775/7775_1126504465_large.jpg)

first details on the columns...

Mhyrdin
09-12-2005, 06:15 AM
When I meet you last week, I believed you want rest a little :rolleyes: .....
So once more : Go ahead my friend !!! :)

ParadiseFlyBird
09-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Ahhhh Lemog, its been i while since ive been on these boards. But back in time to see the new CG challenge, cant wait to see your image wizardry.... i didnt finish last challenges,So not sure if i should join this one?

flaeticia
09-12-2005, 07:12 AM
wowwwww :D
i love this details my lolo :)

Excellent ;)

keep up the good work ;)

xric7
09-12-2005, 07:54 AM
hi Lemog,cool idea.I love it.:thumbsup:
can't wait for whole pic.
cheers.

aliasali